Foodie Catering

Value
4.2
Flexibility
3.7

Foodie, You Guys Are AMAZING! Thank you so much for making our wedding so special. Everything from the service to the food, it was all exceptional. The Beef Tenderloin was tender, the Mojito Chicken was super moist. EVERYTHING was delicious! Working with you was a complete breeze, from planning to execution. If we ever need a catering service again, consider yourselves at the tip top of our list!

1 person found this review helpful

Please share with everyone who worked on Christina’s reception the accolades that we received regarding all the food and the job your servers did! I can’t count the people who told me the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding reception. I thought so, but they confirmed it. Even today at work I’m having folks tell me how good the chilean sea bass was, the lollipop lamb chops, the crab cakes, everything! You know when people are still talking about the food 5 days later it was wonderful!

5 Star — You’re simply the best.

Thanks again for helping us have such a wonderful evening!

1 person found this review helpful
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
[Private]
1.8

I am thoroughly disappointed with this company. They were unprofessional right from the start. Our tasting dates kept getting moved back. When we finally arrived for our tasting, they asked us to push the time back again; because the appointment before us was significantly late. (Which is not my problem, reschedule the people that are late) They didn't have the food they said they would have prepared for us. I also sent them an email requesting information, and never got a response. The entire tasting was so awkward, the table was dirty, she didn't offer us anything to drink, and it seemed like they didn't know what they were talking about. The food was good, but the service was terrible. I finally sent them a sample menu that my fiancé and I came up with, and never got a response. I had to email her again asking if she got it and she said she would send over a proposal the next day. Did I get it? Nope. Then instead of calling me, they contact my future mother in law and told her to tell me to call them. I finally call them, and I am baffled as I am told that the chef could not accommodate our wedding, which falls on October 31st, because it's in the evening. Not because he is booked, but because he just won't. I do NOT recommend this place to anyone. They have caused me so much stress and anger.

Foodie Catering responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your feedback on your recent experience. We value all feedback and will utilize your comments to make improvements where needed.

We do feel compelled to respond and share with viewers why this was not a typical tasting.

This tasting was scheduled by one of our on-call employees who came to us and said his brother was getting married and looking for a caterer. He asked if they could come for a visit and have a tasting. As a favor to our employee, we agreed to provide a FREE tasting to his brother without having spoken to the customer prior. We did not know ANYTHING about this wedding, did not speak to the client (only our employee), but agreed to have them come in and try Chef Raul's food. They arrived with four people and Chef Raul quickly accommodated all guests for the tasting. Not having spoken to this couple prior, we did not know what menu items they wanted to try, so the Chef prepared a sampling of popular items that are often served at weddings: shrimp, steak, chicken, hor d'oeuvres and beverages; he served this to all four guests.

We also did not know their wedding date until they told us at the tasting. When the date was brought up they were not told it wasn't available at that moment because we needed more information to make that determination. After the tasting, we looked at the information we were given and tried to see how we could make it work with our current schedule. The catering manager and the chef had a meeting to determine if we could take this wedding and it was determined we could not accommodate an evening wedding on that day.

It's unfortunate that our generosity was turned into a negative, but we have certainly learned some lessons from this experience, and we are sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused the reviewer.