Fonix Entertainment

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

DJ Kenton was wonderful! He was so sweet and responsive to our suggestions and requests. He kept our guests on the dance floor all night. The pre-planning forms and phone calls from Fonix were so helpful and ensured everything would run smoothly on the big day. No complaints here. For me, the music really does make the reception, and we had so many guests telling us what a wonderful time they had and how much they enjoyed the music.

Services Used: DJ

We heard about Fonix Entertainment through a friend who had gotten married 2 years ago, so we decided to reach out to them about their availability. From the very first conversation, Travis and his team were extremely responsive and flexible in arranging times to hash out the details of our wedding, despite both of our very busy schedules! He suggested we have JJ as our wedding DJ, and we couldn't have been happier with JJ's performance come wedding night! Not only did he keep our dance floor packed, but he also managed to find and seamlessly interweave an older song that the mother-in-law was so excited to have played! He was beyond easy to work with, extremely professional, and played almost every one of my favorite songs (without me even telling him) thanks to the planning sheets! We had our wedding at a restaurant that JJ had never DJ'ed at before, but he worked side by side with the restaurant team to ensure that our night went as smoothly as possible. I really cannot thank him enough for making our wedding night so incredibly fun and laid back as possible!!

Services Used: DJ

We used JJ as the DJ for our wedding and could not be more pleased with his performance. Fonix, with their extensive checklist and music selection forms really get a feel for exactly the type of music you like and are able to turn that into the perfect wedding reception. Our music was arranged down to the beats per minute to keep the mood intimate during dinner and then to gradually ramp up the energy for the party! We were worried, since most of our guest list was older, that no one would dance but he played the perfect mix of songs that kept the dance floor filled all night with guests of all ages!

Recently Married

When my wife and I were planning our wedding, this was the first choice we made. Fonix Entertainment and DJ JJ did an excellent job 3 years ago at my sister's wedding and we knew they would be great at ours. We were not disappointed. The professionalism, pricing transparency and flexibility to work with us were exceptional.

But, most of all, I appreciated their ability to take general direction and use their professional experience to make some of the small decisions. We wanted uplighting in our venue, which they provided at the last minute with no additional input from us. It looked wonderful and didn't require me or my wife to make a decision on where to place each individual light.

Other times, when there was something specific we wanted, they were able to accommodate without question. My Dad and I danced to a Phish song that he provided the MP3 for and JJ uploaded a week before without any problems.

Really and truly, I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Our team truly cant thank you enough for writing such kind words about our service! It reviews like this that make our day knowing we fulfilled a clients wishes for a once in a lifetime celebration. The fact you held onto to our contact info for 3 years should earn you at least 5 stars for organization! Wow! Thank you so much for this wonderful review and congratulation to you and your wife in your new chapter in life!

Services Used: DJ

Travis did an excellent job as our wedding DJ. He is very detail oriented and was a key piece of our overall ceremony. I highly recommend him as a DJ for a wedding or any other major celebration. Travis keeps the party moving with great music and dynamic personality!

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Detail, Logistics, and Flow are essential to the foundation of every event and I really appreciate your kind words identifying these hidden event attributes that can make all the difference the day of! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!

Services Used: DJ

DJ JJ was absolutely AMAZING!! We could not have asked for a better person and DJ to be a part of our wedding day! Our ceremony and reception went perfectly and he exceeded our high expectations. JJ kept our guests on the dance floor all night and no one wanted it to end! He listened to us very carefully and made sure to play all of our songs we requested. JJ had a great attitude and personality through the entire process and wedding day. Thank you JJ and Fonix Entertainment for everything! You helped make our dreams come true!

Hannah & Garrett

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you for writing such a great review on DJ JJ! Your words are priceless and were thrilled to hear your Wedding was a celebration to remember! Thank you for choosing Fonix and congratulations!

Services Used: DJ

Fonix staff were awesome! We had several meetings to ensure everything went as planned. They we're prompt and professional in every way. DJ Kenton did an incredible job at the reception. He got the crowd engaged and made adjustments to the types of music everyone wanted to hear. He help energize the guest and led several of us in some line dances. Great job Fonix!

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you for writing a great review of DJ Kenton! It was a pleasure working with you guys as well and congratulations! Thank you for choosing Fonix!

Services Used: DJ

Our DJ, Travis Gilbert was AMAZING !! He had everyone on the dance floor right up until the end of the evening. That was no small feat because we had only 30 guests at the reception. So a HUGE kudos to DJ Travis!!! And a BIG thank you as well. Everyone said they had a fabulous time.

Thanks again to the team at Fonix Entertainment !!!

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Kudos right back at ya! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and congratulations!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
1+ year ago

DJ Kenton literally saved my reception! The reception venue was a mess and running an hour behind time. Kenton brought the party and impressed everyone- including my grandparents!

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Were glad to hear Kenton pulled through but sorry to hear the venue ran behind! Being flexible and rolling with the punches is party of the experience we require in our DJs. Your review really puts the song "Last Night the DJ Save My Life" in perspective! lol. Although I'm sure regardless kinks would work itself out, were thrilled to hear Kenton brought his A game to ensure the experience ended with happiness. Thank you so much for the review and congratulations!

Services Used: DJ

We had a mix of guests from ages 13-72 and JJ had them ALL on the dance floor. Our intimate wedding of 35 was a blast!!!! I personally don't believe I left the dance floor and it was because the music mix was well done!

Thank you Fonix Entertainment and DJ JJ for helping to make our night a beautiful, fun and memorable night that everyone will talk about for years to come.

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the great review! Intimate Weddings can really be the best times with your closest guests and were glad to hear JJ complimented your special moment in life! Congratulations and thank you for choosing Fonix!

1 Review
1+ year ago

Travis was great. Definitely 5 stars! He kept everyone dancing and he checked in with both my wife and I through out the night to make sure we were happy. Overall excellent service.

Services Used: DJ

We could not be happier with the service provided by Fonix and our DJ, DJ Spy. We interviewed multiple companies and felt comfortable with Fonix after the meeting and a recommendation from a friend. Both Travis and Jonathon (DJ Spy) took time with us and talk about every detail of the big day to make sure it was perfect, WOW did they ever come through for us. Most of our vendors performed well on our day and DJ Spy was definitely at the top of the list. With bad weather he was even thrown a curve ball when he showed up that he would have to be a quick setup as the ceremony was going to have to take place in the same room as the reception with a storm approaching. It was not ideal with short notice but you could never tell he had a rushed setup. All of his equipment and the up lights were setup and looking amazing by the time the reception began. With this little hitch Travis showed up at the event to make sure we were happy with how it turned out. I couldn't believe the service. As I told Travis that night "This is what we asked for and more." Seriously great quality and DJ spy was amazing. Performed all the announcements we needed, all of the music was queued up perfectly, and even accommodated my sister's karaoke/rap performance with giving her the correct music at the last second. The dance floor was PACKED all night as we asked it to be and our friends are still talking about how amazing everything was a month and a half later. I am telling anyone who asks for a DJ to contact Fonix, seriously went above and beyond and for a good price. You can tell from the beginning all the way up to and through your big day that they take pride in their work and want your day to be great.
Thank you Travis and Jonathon for making our reception memorable and one heck of a party!

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Our team can't say enough thank you's for this amazing review! Weddings take on a life of their own and it takes not just a DJ but a team of vendors to work together with ease. Having a DJ that is on the same page with all the vendors is essential and were thrilled to hear that DJ Spy rocked the house! One of our policies is random checks/reviews of Fonix DJs live in the act. This was one of those events and we really appreciate your positive feedback at the Wedding! Thank you again for sharing your priceless comments & hopefully DJ Spy can rock your 1 yr. anniversary!

Services Used: DJ

JJ was off the charts incedible.....The dance floor was never empty and our guests say it was the best wedding they had ever been to!!! Awesome Job!!!

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Awesome review! Thank you!!! And Congratulations!!!!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Kenton provided the entertainment at our wedding and did a great job with a crowd that was quite diverse. With an even more diverse musical playlist request that ranged from The Doors to James Brown to Katie Perry (for dance-off purposes only) he killed it and i would definitely suggest using him and Fonix Entertainment for any event. Many DJs tend to just hit play but you could easily tell he was very observant of the room and what was, and MOST importantly, what was not working. We saw people who we known for over 30 years that refuse to touch the dance floor...just shakin it out on the dance floor, hamstrings and hips be damned. Beautiful night and Fonix & Kenton were a big part of making that happen!

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Great to hear Franklin! Thank you for the kind words about Kenton's skills as a DJ! Kenton has always been a versatile DJ with the energy of a rooster to get a party going! And I love hearing that he was able to accommodate your music requests while getting the whole party on the dance floor! Your comment about hamstrings and hips had me rolling on the floor, lol. I'll be sure to pass on the good news to Kenton with an extra bonus for a great review! Thank you again for choosing Fonix and congrats to you both! Travis, your account manager

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I have been to many a wedding and therefore, have experienced our fair share of wedding DJs throughout the years. We had a good idea of what to expect and decided to go with Travis (DJ Fonix) from Fonix Entertainment due to several high recommendations. He was extremely organized and on top of things and made the reception completely seamless. We had given him ideas of the kind of music we wanted played for the cocktail hour, dinner and the dance party and he NAILED IT! Maybe he just jived with our preferences but I think he truly listened to what we wanted and was happy to make the night about us (rather than showboating or trying to be in the spotlight). The energy throughout the entire reception remained high and there was never a time that the dance floor wasn’t packed! I even received multiple compliments (one from a professional dancer friend of ours) at the bar after the reception about how fun the dancing portion of the reception was. Travis was great at gauging the energy and keeping it high!! Not only was the music perfection, his set-up looks less amateur than a lot of wedding djs I have seen. He actually takes into consideration the fact that we, as brides, plan these gorgeous reception spaces which look less sleek due to the djs speakers and equipment. All of his speakers are covered nicely and appear more glam than other set ups I have seen. He also provided our uplighting which added the perfect amount of ambiance and romance to the already gorgeous tent. Overall, I would recommend him HIGHLY to anyone who is looking for a wedding dj!!!

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

This review really means a lot to me as your DJ. I can't thank you enough for this full review including the little details like setup that drive me crazy if they don't blend in with the atmosphere. But remember, it was you who helped come up with the layout for such a beautiful setting, and it was you who brought guests that love to party and break dance! Honestly, I'm speechless right now cause your review has made my day! We have to highlight this review. thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU for this amazing review! And thank you for choosing Fonix! Congrats to you both!! Travis

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

DJ JJ was great! He did an excellent job of keeping the party going and playing a great blend of songs. Since my dad had recently injured his hip, I asked JJ to cut the father/daughter, mother/son song short. He did so without anyone noticing, which was perfect! A HUGE thank you to him and you guys for helping make our wedding day so special!

Fonix Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for the review Paula! Were thrilled to hear JJ performed well and suggested a new solution for your parent dances! As your account manager, this is what makes me proud to have JJ on our team! We will be sure to pass on the good news to JJ and give him a bonus for providing great services. Thank you Paula for choosing Fonix and congrats to you both! Travis