FlowersFlowers

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't know anything about flowers, so I just stopped by the shop one day to get ideas for what we would want for our wedding and what it might cost -- a friend and I were still half-planning at that point to get grocery store flowers and do the arrangements ourselves (HA!). In the end, I'm so glad we ended up booking with FlowersFlowers! Joanne was amazingly helpful in figuring out what would work best for our large wedding party and limited budget -- we had a $1,000 budget, and I think our final bill was $1,003. We still did DIY centerpieces and had to pick up those flowers the day before, but they delivered the wedding bouquets, boutonnieres, and other flowers on the afternoon of the wedding, and everything was fresh and perfect.

• Wedding: 11/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After a disappointing meeting with one of the florists on our venue's "preferred vendors" list, my mom and I decided to stray from the list and check out some other florists. My mom's neighbor recommended Flowers Flowers, so we decided to make an appointment to meet with Joanne, the owner.

We came in with a few photos of some bouquets I liked -- something in different shades of purple, a little different that the typical all white bridal bouquets. Joanne listened to what we wanted and offered us suggestions, without ever making us feel rushed.

We ended up booking Flowers Flowers to do our ceremony and reception flowers, and everything was so gorgeous. Joanne did an amazing job translating my vision into a reality. In addition to being incredibly talented, Joanne is a delight to work with. She's incredibly flexible, organized and very responsive, and I'd definitely recommend her to anyone looking for beautiful flowers!

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very pleased by the look of the flower designs provided for our wedding. This florist offers a great variety of flowers and I love the fun textures in all of the pieces. They were on time, responsive, and kind :) my only slight qualm would be that there were more "cheaper" flowers in the bridesmaids bouquet than I anticipated, but I was definitely working with a humble budget. All in all, I was very pleased with this vendor.

• Wedding: 06/02/2013
Ines
  • Flexibility: 5.0

FlowersFlowers did the flowers for our wedding and I couldn't have been more pleased. Joanne listened to everything I wanted, gave suggestions and worked with my budget. On the day of the wedding one of the things I was most excited about was the flowers and I was not disappointed! I loved my peony bouquet, the reception flowers and the arch at the ceremony. I'm so happy I used FlowersFlowers and would recommend them to anyone.

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
Sean and Sara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joanne did the personal flowers (bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres) for my May 2013 wedding, and I could not possibly be happier with both the flowers and the experience of working with Joanne and her wonderful assistants at FlowersFlowers. From an aesthetic standpoint, Joanne creates beautiful arrangements and works with only the best quality, always fresh flowers. From a creative standpoint, Joanne is quick to grasp your ideas and add onto them with suggestions of her own. From a business standpoint, everything goes smoothly from the first consultation to the organized and easy-to-read proposal that she puts together. Joanne also did the flowers at my rehearsal dinner, and even though they were small, simple arrangements, they really stood out in the room because they were so gorgeous. I also happen to know that Joanne does excellent non-wedding flowers because I have already started using her shop as my go-to for birthdays and other occasions!

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I chose FlowersFlowers for my wedding based on the excellent reviews on yelp, after having started with a different florist, who was not helpful at all. When I first met with Joanne, I was very impressed by the beauty and cleanliness of her store. But I was worried that the upgrade in professional demeanor and quality of her store would mean she would not want to work with my fairly inexpensive wedding. I did not need any flowers for the church, wanted a simple bouquet, and just a few lillies on each table at the reception. I was worried that Joanne would balk at the simplicity, or treat me as a less important customer.

However, she was wonderful throughout the entire process. First, I loved that she used her ipad to show me examples of other weddings she had done, so we could make sure we had the same vision. By the time I got home, she had emailed me a quote, again with photos included. As I changed my mind a few times (change of number of ushers, realizing my mother didnt' like the flowers I'd chosen for her wrist corsage, etc.), Joanne remained professional, friendly, and helpful. She always responded very quickly and never did anything to blind-side me. She was definitely one of the easiest vendors to work with.

Obviously, the proof was the day of the wedding. I was overwhelmed with how beautiful the flowers were. I thought they'd be nice, but I didn't expect them to be stunning, which they were. My bouquet was so lovely I was almost in tears before the wedding even began. The flower children's rose petals' color perfectly matched the orange of my bouquet's lilies. Everything was as simple as I wanted, but still exquisite.

I have no reservations about recommending FlowersFlowers. You will be in good hands.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I met with 4 different florists before I found FlowersFlowers. Once I did meet Joanne at FlowersFlowers, there was no doubt in my mind I had found our florist! I would recommend FlowersFlowers to ANYONE and EVERYONE. Joanne was so pleasant and helpful through the entire planning process. She is so creative and immediately saw my vision for our wedding. On our wedding day, the flowers were PERFECT. They were so fresh, fragrant and BEAUTIFUL. We rented other items from Joanne, and her and her team did a great job putting the whole room together for our reception. It literally took my breath away!

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Joanne of Flowers Flowers was a delight. I had dreamy ideas and thoughts of what I wanted my flowers to be, but no clear, discernable theme. I didn't know exactly how I wanted the colors, textures and flower types to interact. I wasn't even sure going in how many flowers I would need when it came to the reception venue. Joanne managed to make a clear floral theme out of my jumbled mix of ideas and deliver a floral package that was better than any of my expectations. She was so easy to work with. She was timely, kept me on track and helped me choose the right vases and amount of flowers needed for everything. She hit the mark. I am so pleased with her work, and FlowersFlowers is the top florist on my list to recommend to anyone for any floral needs.

• Wedding: 06/17/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have purchased Mother's Day and birthday flower arrangements for my mother for years from Flowers, Flowers because of their out of the ordinary flowers and beautiful arrangements. Flowers, Flowers was the natural choice for my wedding. I explained that I would have a Victorian wedding motif. During Victorian times, flowers were chosen for their special meaning. Joanne hopped on board and provided a great list of flowers and their meanings. She took my requests and created arrangements that looked like something from a vintage botanical print. They were truly beautiful! Flowers, Flowers is a great place to work with for any event!

• Wedding: 03/31/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was my second wedding, and my second time using Flowers, Flowers as my wedding florist. Joanne is wonderful to work with, and has an exceptional talent for taking your vision and translating it into the perfect collection of flowers. The flowers were beautiful, unique, and memorable. I highly recommend this local shop!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

FlowersFlowers did an EXCELLENT job for my wedding! Joanne, the owner, is such a dear person and wonderful project manager. I HIGHLY recommend her for any floral need.

Joanne went above and beyond what I expected from a florist. She had great ideas for my taste and helped me create the perfect alter decorations. Her ideas truly made my wedding ceremony complete.

• Wedding: 10/29/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We met with many different floral vendors for our fall wedding, and Joanne was by far the friendliest, most professional and most organized of all of them. From our first meeting, it was pretty clear from the start that Joanne wasn’t going to push us towards more expensive flowers (as prior vendors had done) – if anything she strived to give us our vision within our budget.

A big plus for me was how incredible Joanne was at correspondence –I don’t believe she ever took more than a few hours to respond to even the smallest question or email. In particular, I had mentioned to Joanne that I was worried about the color of the hydrangeas we would get (I wanted them more purple than blue but it completely depends on the supply at the time) – and she made it a point to email me on a semi-regular basis to keep me updated on what color hydrangeas she was getting at the time, complete with pictures. That level of initiative and commitment to detail meant the world to me.

On the day of, every arrangement was exactly like we had imagined, and the flowers were absolutely beautiful. Everything was delivered on time and Joanne was there to personally pin on our boutonnieres. The flowers stayed fresh and beautiful for weeks afterwards in our apartment. Joanne gave us the perfect wedding flower experience, and I will only choose her for my floral needs in the future.

• Wedding: 10/02/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Where do I even begin? Flowers-Flowers in Evanston is AMAZING! The work that Joanne does is superb and ON TOP! I had my bouquets, boutonnieres and corsages designed by them. She goes out of her way to make sure that the flowers on your SPECIAL day is everything and much more than you could ever wish for! I’m not sure what it was that brought me into her shop that day but I still remember how I felt when I walked in. The shop is small but when looking around you could tell that she only carries flowers of QUALITY and carries an ECELECTIC variety (totally my style!). I wouldn’t say I was a bridezilla but I definitely wanted THE best for my day (I mean, it only happens once!) so I wanted to make sure I picked a florist that for one, had the resources to get moss, succulents, and craspedia and two had the patience to work with me on the exact look of the flowers and lastly had the PATIENCE. She had ALL of these things! Some florists aren’t up-to-date with what Brides nowadays want/expect and to be perfectly frank, some flowers look CHEESY and frou-frou and stuck in the 1980s. Joanne from Flowers-Flowers knows her stuff! You can tell she has done her research and has the artistic ability to make certain additions and alterations that are necessary in making the flowers look SUPERB! In my case, she used black & ivory striped ribbons I had provided and incorporated these black pins to hold the ribbons into place. If it were any other florist I would have gotten the mediocre but with Joanne I got the absolute best and it really was a pleasant surprise! For the brides who have an exact image of what they want, bring it in and Joanne will copy the exact image & it won’t be an awkward surprise on your wedding day. I hear of many brides who ask for a MOCK of something and get the complete opposite. It’s fairly simple. If you know what you want, Flowers-Flowers will get you just that. For all of the brides out there, we all know how busy and hectic our lives get once the planning process begins and I was guilty of not always being prompt with my replies but Joanne was persistent and EXTREMELY helpful! She would go out of her way to make sure we were on the same page about the vision of the bouquets and boutonnieres and would double and triple check with me to make sure it was all that I wanted (I’m very indecisive and changed my mind A LOT) lol. I recommend FLOWERS-FLOWERS in Evanston to ANYONE and EVERYONE who want the absolute BEST for their wedding and to those who want a florist that will go out of their way to be helpful, kind, and passionate! Cheers!

FlowersFlowers responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much, Charleen! I loved designing your wedding flowers. :)

• Wedding: 09/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joanne designed the flowers for our July 2011 wedding - reception centerpieces, ceremony arrangements, bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, etc. The flowers were absolutely beautiful, and Joanne was fantastic to work with. From our first meeting with Joanne through the wedding day and even after Joanne continues to be my favorite vendor. She worked within our budget and responded quickly to every email and/or call (something that is invaluable when planning a wedding!). I honestly can't say enough great things about the quality of her work and her professionalism.

FlowersFlowers responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much, Lindsay! It was a pleasure to work with you. :)

• Wedding: 07/16/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joanne from Flowers Flowers is amazing! She made the boutonnieres and corsages for our wedding. I was worried that a florist wouldn't be too excited to work with me since I was making non-floral centerpieces and bouquets. On the contrary, Joanne was interested in what I planned on doing and worked with those ideas to create boutonnieres and corsages to coordinate with my designs. She listened to my ideas, gave me her suggestions, and we combined them to come up with some truly beautiful flowers. Her prices were reasonable and she was able to arrange some last minute flowers to give to our parents during our ceremony. I highly recommend her!

FlowersFlowers responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much, Jill! It was a pleasure to design and create your flowers, and I'm so glad you were so pleased. Best wishes!

• Wedding: 07/09/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joanne was so great to work with and gave us BEAUTIFUL flowers for our New Year’s Eve wedding! I especially appreciated working with her because I planned our Chicago wedding from out of state and we never met in person. It was so nice to coordinate the flowers via email and phone and still feel like I had her full attention and interest in making our flowers special. We were also on a tight budget and she was completely understanding and never pressured us with up-selling or made us feel like our business was less important. Everyone loved the huge lavender rose & hydrangea altar arrangement and I especially loved my perfect lavender & ivory rose bouquet, it was just what I hoped for. She also emailed me the night before the wedding to assure us the flowers were looking great and to update me on the boutonniere designs. I would recommend Flowers Flowers to anyone, and despite being out of town, I hope we have a reason to work with Joanne again someday!

• Wedding: 12/31/2010
847-328-7110
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards