Florentine Gardens

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our experience with Florentine Gardens far exceeded our expectations. The staff (I dealt mostly with Maria Diadone, General Manager, and Sal Travis, emcee) was unbelievably attentive to details and all questions and concerns I presented to them throughout the entire year of planning our wedding. All of our friends and family are carrying on about it being the best wedding they've ever been to and we owe it all to Florentine Gardens and their staff. We love you, Maria!

• Wedding: 12/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place is impossible to describe in words. My wife's fairy tale wedding has become a reality. Jason gentile and sal Travis were great to work with. They make you feel like friends instead of clients. You cannot find a more beautiful place then florentine gardens. Whoever is looking for a place to have their reception I beg you to choose florentine gardens you will NOT regret it. My family cannot believe how amazing everything was from start to finish. Cocktail hour, dinner, dessert from top to bottom was too notch. Amazing service!!!! When my wife and I had first looked at florentine gardens one thing I had noticed instantly was all the thank you cards from their past weddings. Now that ours has passed I know exactly why they have them all. You will not find a better place then florentine gardens I promise you!!!

• Wedding: 11/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From start to finish was extremely impressed with everyone at Florentine Gardens. One of the main reasons we chose the venue for our wedding is because they have an outstanding reputation. I have met people from all across the country who constantly raved about the food and atmosphere (especially for a night time wedding). When you see the ballroom, you immediately know, it is a very unique and special place.

What makes Florentine special is their staff. They are at the top of their game in every department. Jason Gentile is the ultimate professional and literally knows his field inside and out. When we first met Jason, we immediately felt comfortable with him. From the tour of the venue, to picking out the food, to the final details in the run up to the event, he was very honest and open about things we should and should not be doing. Best part was he was right about everything.

On our wedding night, him and his team could not have done a better job. Jeff (our Maitre d) was awesome. Natalie (our wedding attendant) was awesome. The whole team literally makes sure nothing gets in the way of making the evening perfect.

I am so thankful and happy we chose Florentine and have not come across a better venue for a wedding in the tri state area. They really went above and beyond the call of duty.

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at Florentine Gardens and everything from the booking a year before to the last dance was amazing. While planning, Michael was always available and extremely responsive, which helped put small worries and concerns at ease. There are so many things to do while planning a wedding, but Florentine really helps to take care of the details for you. It was so nice to be able to just drop off all of my extra decorations and day of pieces the week before the wedding and not have to worry about it!

On the day of the wedding, everything was perfect. Our wedding attendant, Lauren, was amazing and always made sure we had everything we needed and things we didn’t even think we needed not just for the bride, but for my whole family. Our maître d, Jason, made sure everything went smoothly and everyone was comfortable, even putting the ring bearer back on course when he started to make a detour into the flowers. Michael was still on point keeping us calm and making sure we had everything we need. The whole Florentine staff made us feel incredibly comfortable and welcome on our special day.

We also used the in-house entertainment, Sal Travis Entertainment. We met with Sal a few times and knew that we were in great hands. Sal had everyone dancing at the wedding the whole night! He also threw in extras to make sure we had the best night possible.

When I first saw the venue, I thought that it was going to be 3x the price it was. It is an incredible venue and the services they provide our top notch for a fair price. Countless guests told us this was the best wedding they had ever been to! Now we are just hoping we get invited to a wedding at Florentine so we can experience it as a guest as well!

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough about the team at Florentine Gardens!! The venue is beautiful and we were extremely pleased to find a venue that only conducted one event at a time. The day of our wedding was EXTRAORDINARY. All of our guests were so impressed by the beauty of Florentine Gardens. The food was absolutely amazing and the staff ensured that the stations were constantly full.

The entire wedding, from the planning process to the actual day of, was absolutely amazing. Michael and Denise were EXCELLENT to work with. All of our appointments were easy and informative, and our calls and/or emails were always returned within one day.

Lauren, my bridal attendant, went above and beyond to help me in any way that she could. From little things such as fixing the boutonnieres on the guys to ensure that the pins were hidden to our rescue and finding us Benadryl when one of my bridesmaids had an allergy attack. She was so attentive and made the evening completely effortless for my husband, the entire bridal party and myself. Jason, the maître d on our wedding day was also fabulous and attentive! He to went above and beyond making sure that everything was perfect.

I also cannot say enough good things about Sal Travis. Sal made our night so much fun and kept us well informed. We are still amazed at the how he kept the timing on everything; he did not miss a beat at all!!! The house band is beyond AMAZING! It’s been over a month since our wedding and our guests are still raving about the band and were amazed they were a house band. The lighting and theatrical package was fabulous and the same day edit video was UNBELIEVABLE, especially the footage from the drone.

Obviously, I can't say enough about the venue and the team at Florentine Gardens. If I had to choose a word to describe the night we had and how our guests described it, the word would be EPIC.

I had my dream wedding thanks to Florentine Gardens and their team, and I would absolutely recommend the venue to anyone!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
Kathleen
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From start to finish the Florentine Gardens exceeded our expectations! Upon our first meeting with Michael Huxtable, we were blown away at the level of expertise and professionalism he showed. It was due to Michael's "pitch" to us, that we ultimately chose them for our venue. Along the way, we met and corresponded with both Michael and Sal Travis many times and each time made us more and more excited for our big day. They were both always available for questions/concerns/requests and we are lucky to have met and worked with 2 amazing people! There will never be enough words to express how amazing our reception was and how pleased we were with how everything came together. The food, the service, the amazing bridal attendant, Natalie, the maitre de, Jeff, to the lights and special effects, was all beyond our expectations. The video montage and wrap up video was absolutely incredible and worth every minute of preparation for it. Our family and friends are still talking about the whole event! We cannot thank everyone enough for making this wedding the most wonderful day from start to finish! I would also like to personally thank the video crew for being so easy and fun to work with! Amazing job to all!!!! We hope to be a guest at a wedding here so we can fully enjoy all of the amazing details!!! I would 100% recommend this venue and will continue to speak highly of the entire staff at Florentine Gardens. I will miss seeing and working with you all!!!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Florentine Gardens put together an amazing wedding for us. From the first day we sat down with Maria to the day of our wedding, Maria took very good care of us. She was flexible, easy to contact, and made us feel comfortable that we had chosen the perfect place to have our wedding. All of our expectations were met, and although it rained on our wedding day, everything still turned out wonderful. We chose Sal Travis for our DJ and lighting, and he was very flexible and a pleasure to work with. All of our guests raved about Florentine Gardens, the exceptional service, delicious food, and how wonderful of a time they had that afternoon. We would highly recommend The Florentine Gardens for anyone having a wedding or other event. We would also consider using them again ourselves for other family and social functions in the future.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my wedding at Florentine Gardens and it was an absolute fairytale of a day. Leading up to my big day Sal and Michael were extremely helpful with our planning from the big details to the very smallest. If I had any questions or concerns about anything both Michael and Sal would get back to me quickly. They both became close friends to my family and I by the end of our wedding planning.

I had a flashmob planned to surprise my husband and Sal made that surprise absolutely perfect. The house band learned the music for it and even performed back-up vocals. Sal also informed all the videographers of when it was going to happen and where so they were all ready to capture that special moment.

Evan was my videographer. When he arrived at my house in the afternoon to get our pre-wedding videos he made my morning that much more special. He takes his time and captures true moments, not posed moments for the camera. I had requests of specific things that I wanted him to capture and he went above and beyond to make sure those moments I wanted were done perfectly. His work is incredible. Evan is a true artist and master at his craft.

As we pulled up for our reception at Florentine Michael was there to great us along with Jeffery and Natalie my bridal attending. From the moment you walk in you are entirely taken care of. They make your wedding day less hectic which for any Bride and Groom is a big must.

We had the house band perform and the entire night everyone was on the dance floor. You almost couldn't get anyone off the floor to go eat. Even my great aunts and uncles were up dancing, the band was the heart and soul of the night.

Our guests continue to tell us and everyone that our wedding will be THE wedding that no one can compare to. At Florentine Gardens they make your wedding feel like the most important day for them as it is to you. I wish I could do it all over again!!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Videography
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Myself and my wife Nicole were married on Oct 2, 2014. A Thursday wedding. When we were planning our wedding, there weren't many reviews on Thursday weddings, so let me assure you if you are planning a Thursday wedding "DO IT" especially at this venue. The grounds were beautiful the staff was amazing. We were given full access to the entire property stating at 11 am the day of. Jason Gentile was our man (party planner) He was so professional, so friendly and so much fun! We requested him to do our wedding the day of and we got our wish! I HIGHLY recommend him if you visit this venue! Trust me, you will be pleased. We also went with the House band which was handled by the on-site entertainment director Sal Travis. He was a pleasure to work with that our interpenetrate was flawless. Our wrap up video was amazing! Everyone is still talking about how good the band, food, video and staff were. My wife wants it known that Lauren, her bridal assistant was the sweetest person and was there for both her and myself throughout the entire day!!! Funny thing is before we even came to visit this place, we felt that this would be it and it sure was... Its everything and more that you can imagine. These people will make sure everything goes perfect.

• Wedding: 10/02/2014
Services Used: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Officiant, Videography
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Florentine Gardens on September 28, 2014 and it was everything we wanted and more! We couldn't have chosen a better venue! Everything was absolutely amazing. Every single guest said to us that they'd never been to a wedding like ours before. The service and staff were unbelievable. We worked with Michael Huxtable, and we couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. He was incredible and he made our planning so easy and fun. We also worked with Sal Travis for our music and video and again he was great and made everything very easy for us. If you want the "wow" factor for your wedding then I definitely suggest Florentine Gardens!

• Wedding: 09/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There's no other word to describe our experience with the Florentine Gardens other than perfect. All we've heard from our guests is that we had the best wedding ever and/or the best wedding food ever. My husband, our families, and I couldn't agree more.

We worked with Michael Huxtable from the day we first visited the venue (in January 2013) until our wedding over a year and a half later, and he was amazing. He was always prompt when I had questions, always helpful, and always cheerful! I knew from the start we were in good hands.

Natalie was my bridal attendant and she was wonderful. I know my bridesmaids were concerned about the prospect of bustling my dress, but from the beginning Natalie said she would do it and knew exactly how just by looking at my dress. She was professional, knowledgeable, funny, and great to work with. Our maître d' was Jeff and he made sure the night ran smoothly from start to finish; he was wonderful.

We worked closely with Sal Travis for the DJ, lighting, videography, photo booth...basically, everything. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sal. He was patient, helpful, and just all around amazing to work with. Evan Soloff captured our day on film in the most amazing way. Our wrap up video blew everyone away, and people continue to watch it online in awe (including me!). We used Stark Studio Photography and had such a blast with Linda and Izabela. They gave direction and continuously found places to put us to capture the best photos. Nicole from Broderick's Flower Shop gave us gorgeous flowers and far exceeded my expectations.

The food! Some of the most amazing food I have ever eaten, I ate the night of my wedding. The cocktail hour impressed everyone with all of the options and presentation, and the Viennese hour provided us with the most incredible dessert selection we've ever seen.

From start to finish, our wedding was perfect, and I cannot say that enough. I wish I could relive the day every day, forever.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I recently had my wedding on Septemeber 20, 2014 at the Florentine Gardens. Not just because it was my wedding, but it was such a beautiful amazing time and Larry and I have both Michael Huxtable and Sal Travis to thank for that! Both Michael and Sal made preparing for this day the easiest and least stressful process a bride could ever ask for. At the end of the day I was a little worried with the amount of guest we had attending which was around 250. Let me tell you, florentine gardens accommodated everyone comfortably and we had such compliments from guests about the day/night that they are still raving about it!! It was tastfully planned and the lighting and table setting were beautifully placed. Guests loved the outside lighting at night where they were able to take beautiful pictures. Sals enetertainment services were beyond excellent. Everyone danced the night away. Can we re-do the night all over again?! My parents were also very pleased and impressed with everything!!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Videography, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Estate at Florentine Gardens was absolutely amazing in every way for my wedding on September 18, 2014.

I live in Los Angeles and planning my wedding from a distance would have been impossible if it wasn't for Maria!

Maria Daidone was our coordinator for the wedding and I can't express enough how amazing, helpful, kind, patient, and flexible she was as we were planning the wedding! She was always available to answer any questions or concerns I had. Sometimes, she even acted as a therapist - as we all know how crazy wedding planning can be! :) Maria gave us some amazing suggestions for the other vendors, and she went above and beyond my expectations. The level of service was exceptional from Maria and all of the staff as well! (and a special shout out to my bridal attendant, Brooke!)

The Estate at Florentine Gardens is beautiful. I was a very picky bride when it came to venue - I wanted an extremely fancy yet classy place, and an outdoor area for the ceremony, and the Florentine Gardens was perfect. What sold me were the gardens and the stunning ballroom with its high ceilings and sparkling chandeliers.

As for my wedding day - it was perfect! The food was amazing and the day went perfectly smooth! All my guests guessed that I had spent triple the money than I actually had - which is a testament to the value! I would recommend the Florentine Gardens to anyone for their wedding!!

Thank you Maria and the Florentine Gardens for making my wedding day the most special, beautiful, and amazing day of my life!

• Wedding: 09/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Florentine Gardens was phenomenal! The venue was gorgeous, the food from the cocktail hour to the jaw dropping Viennese Table was delicious! Service was perfectly executed. There was always someone close by taking drink orders, folding napkins, even asking guests if they'd like seconds of anything.including the main course. Maria Daidone made the entire wedding process easy and fun. She had an answer to every question and provided us with anything we wanted or needed. She helped us pick house vendors, flowers, photography, videography, band and they were all outstanding! My daughter, the bride, is still raving about Natalie, her bridal attendant, who was by her side the entire evening, serving the newlyweds food, powdering the bride's nose, bustling and sewing her gown, fixing her hair and even helping her in the Ladies' room. Our friends and family, who have all been to many North Jersey weddings, all claimed it was the best wedding ever. The dance floor was NEVER empty,; the house band was terrific. Evan Soloff did a great Job on the video montage and the beautiful wrap up video, in which he used a drone to take pictures at the church. Petal Premier's flowers were so pretty and fresh. The centerpieces were stunning! Aster photography was with us most if the day and took , I'm sure, thousands of pictures!! Our maître 'd, Jason was everywhere making sure every detail was attended to!! Sal took care of music, lighting, announcing, the photo booth and more. The Daidone family and their staff provided us with the best wedding imaginable!!

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
Services Used: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have chosen a better place to have our wedding! After looking at this venue it was pretty clear that no other place would do. The estate itself is beautiful, elegant and classic. The gardens are meticulously taken care of and the biggest selling point of the venue if you are a bride looking for a beautiful outdoor space for ceremony and/or pictures. The ballroom has chandeliers galore that make a big statement without being tacky. I was so fortunate to work with Maria, who was so helpful, friendly and professional throughout the entire process. Jason, the maitre'd on my wedding day was also fabulous and attentive! The entire staff was phenomenal really. The food is excellent. Our wedding was even more beautiful than I could have even imagined and a large part of that was because I chose to have it at Florentine Gardens. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is looking to have the most amazing wedding ever! Everyone has raved to my family and to me that this was one of the best weddings they have ever attended and I believe it! It was truly the most beautiful day of life and you will not regret choosing this amazing venue. I would choose it all over again in a heartbeat!

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The perfect day! Maria and Sal reassured us many times that we would have the perfect wedding and we did! Guests are still telling us that we had the best wedding ever!

Natalie, my bridal attendant, was outstanding. She fixed my hair, repaired a rip in my train, bustled my dress, etc. She seemed to know exactly what I needed before I did. In the bridal suite Natalie brought us a sampling of EVERYTHING served during the cocktail hour so that we could eat in peace.

We used all in house vendors and were very pleased with everyone. Adam from Petals Premier was fantastic to work with and the flowers exceeded my expectations. Evan Soloff for the videography was a pleasure to work with. When he told me he was going to fly a drone over the church to capture images I was thrilled. I was blown away by how beautifully he captured the entire day! The house band was AMAZING! Book them, they are so worth it.

We worked closely with Sal Travis, who manages the entertainment (band, DJ, lighting, etc). Not only was he fun to work with, but he also made us feel like family. Sal coordinated all our in house services and I would highly recommend everything they have to offer!

Maria, our wedding consultant, was phenomenal. She was incredibly professional, wonderful to work with, and made our day very easy. Our maître 'd Jason was very nice and made sure the reception ran seamlessly without any issues.

Our guest raved about the food; specifically the abundance and how fantastic everything tasted. This was before they saw the Viennese Table, where they further enjoyed everything from zeppoles, bananas foster, etc. They loved the house band; Sal and the band kept the dance floor packed the entire night! Also, everyone had a blast in the photo booth.

Although my husband and I are relieved to be done with wedding planning, we are really going to miss Maria and Sal, you may see us pop in from time to time just to say hello and to thank you again!

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
Services Used: Band, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography, Wedding Cake
201-666-0444
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment