Florentine Gardens

Value
Flexibility
1 Review
Recently Married

My husband and I just recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Estate at Florentine Gardens on 3/29/15 and it was phenomenal! From day one, we had a great experience working with the staff. Maria, the General Manager, worked with us on every detail and made our lives so easy. She’s exceptional at her job. Maria made sure our wedding was exactly how we pictured it and had excellent recommendations from menu selections to vendors. Once we met Sal Travis, the Director of Entertainment and Services at Florentine, we knew from his warm and welcoming personality that he was the right choice for the music and entertainment portions of our wedding. Once again, with Sal, every detail was taken care of and we had nothing to worry about because he has so much experience. Our DJ was perfect and worked well with our music selections. He was really able to read the crowd and make sure all guests were having a great time. We used his videographer to create a wrap up video of the day’s events, which was shown to all of our guests in the ballroom on drop down projection screens at the end of the night. This was something very original that my guests had not seen before. Everyone was raving about how amazing it was to see a perfectly edited video of our wedding before the night was even done! There was so much delicious food during the cocktail hour and reception that no one leaves even slightly hungry. Thanks to Brooke, my bridal attendant for the day, my husband and I actually got to try everything! Jason, our maître d, oversaw the whole day and made sure everything went smoothly. He did a great job checking in on us throughout the night and keeping everyone smiling. I only have great things to say about Florentine. It’s beyond beautiful and all of our guests were blown away. It was the most magical night of our lives. Thanks so much to everyone at The Estate at Florentine Gardens!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Videography

We just got married here this past Saturday 3/21/15 and Omg we are so on cloud nine still as well as smiling ear to ear. We had such an amazing time thank you so so much. I don't even think I could actually put into words how thankful I really am. Maria, Sal, the DJ, Evan (videographer) as well as Jeff (maitre'd) and Lauren (bridal attendant) and the rest of the staff did an exquisite job on our wedding day. We could not have asked for anything better. You guys went above and beyond and we are just so freaking happy with how the day went! Thank you so much for making the wedding planning such an easy and joyful experience! This venue is by far the BEST place to get married in the entire state of New Jersey. Everything was superb! We used the in house vendors for DJ, montage, wrap up video, and videograpy and all I can say is WOW!! Our guests are like speechless with how everything went we have received only the best compliments about of venue and the service! Our guests never even sat down unless it was to eat. That is how you know it was an AMAZING time. Not only was the entertainment wonderful but the food was out of this world! Did I mention the staff? Because they were simply the best!! Everyone treated us as if we were family it was incredible. I'm so sad our wedding day is over but I definitely look forward to having other occasions at the Florentine Gardens. It literally was the BEST experience of our entire lives! We wanna thank everyone at the Florentine Gardens for everything you all did it was the MOST AMAZING TIME EVER! We wish we could do it all over again because it was such a pleasant experience.

Love you all, Mr. and Mrs. Nevin

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Videography, Wedding Cake
Recently Married

Where do I begin? We had looked at several venues before we went to Florentine Gardens but once we viewed the venue and met Denise we knew this was the place for us. From the first day we met Denise and ever since she made sure she was there for us every step of the way. Any time we needed something she was available. Anything we were unsure of something she guided us in the right direction. It was easy to tell the we weren't just another wedding and she truly cared and wanted to make sure our dreams came true on our special night. Lauren was our bridal attendant and she was truly incredible. Everything we needed throughout the night we got right away. My bustle broke and she jumped right in, grabbed stuff out of her pocket and pieced it back together. The videographer Evan was amazing, got great video all night and kept us laughing. We would highly recommend Florentine Gardens to everyone we know. If you want your dream wedding to come true call Denise

If you’re looking for a venue that is completely accommodating and welcoming, The Estate at Florentine Gardens is your place. My husband and I came to this venue after hearing recommendations from friends and relatives. From the balcony that overlooks the main ballroom, to the beautiful gardens around the property, to the natural light that the ballroom is exposed to, everything about this venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff was so professional and amazing.

During our search for a wedding venue, we came across other venues with similar features and amenities. What separated The Estate at Florentine Gardens from the other venues was Denise Downing. Working with Denise was such a smooth and relaxing experience. When going to other venues, it felt more strict, business-oriented, and non-flexible. At one place, the manager just threw us food, left, and came back to us 15 minutes later and asked us “Do we have a deal?” Denise was very warm, friendly, and made us feel very at ease when it came to making such a big decision. From when we booked Florentine Gardens in January 2014 to our wedding day on March 15, 2015, although it was still stressful experience, Denise did EVERYTHING in her power to make it clear that we were not alone. Denise and her staff made us feel so at home and it just felt so right.

We love you Denise, and the rest of the amazing staff at Florentine Gardens!!!

All Our Love, Mr & Mrs. Deegan

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough kind words in any language to express my feelings about Florentine Gardens and the remarkable staff, especially Denise. After visiting many venues, I made the right choice after meeting Denise. She really listened to what I wanted and made every moment of my wedding planning so incredibly easy and pressure free. You can not find anyone better than her anywhere. Sal took care of my lighting, photobooth, and other added details. He is kind, experienced and also very easy to work with. My wedding day was an ice storm. The wonderful staff at Florentine Gardens went out of there way to accommodate late arrivals, mine included! The food is amazing, the venue is by far the most gorgeous and well maintained location that I visited, and really and truly there is a staff, including Jason and Lauren (the most attentive bridal attendant you will find!), that you really believe care about you and want your wedding day to be the most special day of your life. My wedding was beautiful and I have everyone at Florentine Gardens to thank for that. If you are considering booking your wedding there, please do. You will not regret it.

I wish I could do it all over again. From the beautiful venue, to the food, staff, and our coordinator, Michael Huxtable, I can’t imagine a better place to get married. Michael was amazing throughout our planning process. He was so helpful, informative, and always available; whether by phone, email, or if we simply popped in bc we were in the neighborhood. He answered any question ranging from the venue to the RSVP date on our invitations, and was extremely accommodating – the word “no” never left his mouth. With Michael, it felt more like a friendship than a business relationship, and it makes me sad I won’t have a reason to speak with him regularly! The staff at FG is also outstanding. We hired the in-house entertainment mgr, Sal Travis, to MC the reception & manage the entertainment in the ball room. Sal is so much fun! We were always excited to see him & trusted him immediately to put on a great show - he absolutely did! He was willing to help us with anything, provided guidance and even offered to make calls. And he didn’t flinch when we changed our first dance song 3x the week of the wedding! We also used one of FG’s recommended florists and wedding officiant. FG is simply professional & we knew we could trust any vendor they recommended. On our wedding day we didn’t have to worry about a thing. My bridesmaids and I got ready in a tremendous bridal suite with yummy food/drinks, and my bridal attendant, Lauren, was there any time I had a question. Everything was coordinated perfectly by the staff and maître d, and the night went off without a hitch. The cocktail hour food was so delicious & plentiful; guests were shocked dinner would be served afterwards. At the reception, I never had to ask for a drink because it was on the table waiting for me. I was truly able to enjoy my own wedding, and our guests had a fantastic time, too. If I had to rewind, I wouldn’t do a single thing differently. Saying thank you is simply not enough!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I are truly living off the high of our wedding yesterday. Everything could not have been more perfect and that is truly thanks to the amazing staff at the Estate at Florentine Gardens. Maria was so wonderful to work with over the past year. She was always so pleasant, professional and fun! We had a great time feeding off of each other for ideas that would make our wedding special. I cannot imagine there being anyone better in the business. Sal Travis Entertainment provided our beautiful ceremony music, which included a pianist and violinist. Their lovely music brought so many to tears. We also used them for our special entrances, speeches and first dances. Our videographer, Brian, was so fun to work with! We, along with our guests, are still amazed by how quickly he was able to make our wrap up video. We are so in love with our video! My bridal attendant, Lauren, was so sweet and attentive all day long (and it was a long day). Our guests raved about our delicious cocktail hour and how great the service was. I think that this will be a wedding our guests remember for a while! Thank you FG for giving us the wedding of our dream! :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were beyond impressed with everyone at the Florentine Gardens. From the beginning Michael and Sal were there to help us with every step of the planning process. I expected to be worried about the day of but everything went so smoothly with all of their help, nothing was left to chance or forgotten. The venue was beautiful and the food was amazing, our guest are still talking about it! Especially the after party!! The food was amazing, the dj we used through the venue kept the guests on the dance floor the entire evening, and the videographer (also through the venue) created the most amazing wrap up video (which we received the same night!). There are not enough words to explain what an amazing wedding we had and how easy it was to work with everyone there!! Thank you again Florentine Gardens!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our Wedding at the Florentine Gardens exceeded all of our expectations. The Service was exceptional. The staff was professional and responsive. Everything was well organized and went off with out a hitch. The food was delicious. We have received countless compliments from our guests about this venue. Michael Huxtable was our event coordinator and did a wonderful job. I would highly recommend Florentine Gardens to anyone who is getting married, you will not go wrong.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

One thing that most engaged couples will agree on is that the process of planning a wedding can, at times, be summed up by one word, overwhelming. Not so for my wife and I when it came to working with the staff at Florentine Gardens. From the moment we met Michael Huxtable, our event consultant, we felt very much at ease and appreciated how helpful he was. Everything Michael does, he does with pride and exhibits a professionalism unlike any other I've seen. He answered every question we had and never at one point did we feel like we were being rushed to make a decision. After seeing how successful our wedding was and the overwhelmingly positive response we received from family and friends, we are grateful for all the recommendations Michael gave us when making both big and small decisions.

Jamie Milkman, the Executive Chef, could not have prepared a more delicious and eye-appealing selection of food, from the cocktail hour all the way through to desert. He is a chef that stands by his work and delivered his food in a manner that is consistent with his reputation. Our family and friends are still raving about how delicious the Short Rib Risotto was!!

As for Sal Travis, the director of entertainment, you could not ask for a more fun person to work with. Sal is a great guy that loves what he does and is passionate about making "Your" night the best one of your life. Apart from the process of selecting the entertainment and planning the flow of the night, he always made it a point to remind us of how special the night was going to be, especially when he saw we were a little weary. Everything that my wife and I came to know about Sal was validated the night of the wedding when we saw how well he Emceed the entire reception. At no point when it came time to dance were people sitting; he always knew how to get people on the floor and keep the party thriving.

We recommend Florentine Gardens to anyone who is looking to make their wedding day a memorable one!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Videography

I mean, where do I even start. Everything was absolutely perfect. From start to finish, Jason, Sal, Jeff, Natalie, Denise and everyone else involved were amazing. Anything we wanted at any time no matter what it was, was granted. Jason was our main contact throughout the process and couldn't have been more accommodating. The service was impeccable, the venue was flawless, and the food was AMAZING. Our guests have not stopped talking about how impressed they were. Being that it was new years eve, an extra flair was needed and the balloon drop was great. Also, I strongly recommend the after party there...the cigar roller was key, late night foods and extended dance time really finished off an incredible night. (although I don't know how it was possible for anyone to eat any more at that point...the cocktail hour was the best I've ever seen)

When planning a wedding and hearing about other weddings, you always expect something to go wrong. At least one thing, one detail, something...well, not here. They had everything covered and then some. It was almost weird the anticipation they had for our every move and request...ha!

I STRONGLY recommend having your wedding here. Worth every penny and they treat you like royalty. We've been to several weddings in the area and NJ as a whole and nothing compared to the Florentine Gardens.

Lou & Maria

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Videography

Words cannot describe what an incredible job everyone did at Florentine Gardens. From the initial tour and meeting with Michael Huxtable, we knew this was exactly where we wanted to get married. It had everything we imagined and when the day came it was above and beyond even what we had pictured. The service and food was some of the best we've experienced. Our friends and family are still talking about the deliciously prepared food, the professionalism of the staff, and the beautiful venue itself.

Michael was constantly attentive, detail oriented, and entirely accommodating. Every email was answered quickly, and whatever we needed either before, or the day of was handled by Michael and the rest of the staff with ease. The bridal attendants, Natalie and Lauren, made me feel so special, attending to every need. From getting us champagne/water, to bustling my dress, they really know how to take care of the bride, groom, and families. Jeff, our maitre d', was on top of everything the day of. He kept our bridal party organized and on time, and made the night flow very smoothly.

Now for the amazing Sal Travis. Sal was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. He really put on a show for us that was above and beyond anything we could have dreamed of. Initially, he assisted us with our vendors, which made the entire process seamless. If you use Sal, you MUST book the house band. Our friends and family cannot stop talking about how amazing they were. The dance floor was packed every second of the night. Next, you must take advantage of the photo montage, and wrap up video. Bryan, who did our wrap up was so great to work with, and made us look like movie stars. The editing and quality of what their team put together was breathtaking.

We cannot wait to have one of our friends get married here so we can attend and experience it all as guests. Our thanks to Michael, Sal, and the rest of the Florentine Staff who truly created the best night of our lives!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't begin to explain how amazing our wedding was at the Florentine Gardens. As soon as I walked in I knew this was the venue of my dreams and from the beginning my experience was amazing. Michael treating me and my family like gold and throughout all of my wedding planning he was so responsive to all of my questions- which is so important when you are planning so much to have someone who answers all your questions and accommodates you really makes your planning so much easier. On our wedding day I could not have asked for anything more. My bridal attendant was the best- she was by my side whenever I needed her, holding my train getting me food and drinks- anything I needed. The service the whole night was absolutely amazing not only for me and my groom but my family and all of my guests. I was told anything I wanted done they would do in less than 2 minutes- and they did! Everyone kept telling me and keeps telling me how amazing the service was and how good the food was. Not only was there so much amazing food at cocktail hour (the oysters were probably the best I have ever had) but the food at dinner and dessert was delicious. Honestly I would not change a thing- it is the most gorgeous venue with the best service and food, what else could a bride want?!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for a wedding vendor that provides a unique & personalized experience - Florentine Gardens is your place. The second we walked into the venue over a year ago we knew it was the exact perfect spot for our wedding. The venue is warm, dramatic and absolutely beautiful and not to mention family owned - which really adds to its personal charm! Also everyone who worked there was absolutely amazing and attentive from day we booked until the day after our wedding (providing us all of our materials neatly packed up and organized and leftover cocktail hour food & dessert for us to enjoy in the days after - that could literally feed an army!)....

Outside of the amazing service and venue, Florentine offers an entertainment package that you can add on to your day - which we would 100% recommend. The additional lighting, montage, wrap up video, etc that Sal offers all add a different element to your event that your guests haven't seen before! Not to mention ... everything was executed flawlessly - we felt like celebrities!

Looking back on our wedding we truly have no regrets and have full faith that it was because of the exceptional event Florentine helped us put on ... this group of people is truly experts in their craft ... from Jeff our maitre d who kept the night moving (ceremony, to cocktail hour, to speeches and dancing - there was never a dull moment!) .. to Natalie & Brooke our bridal attendants who kept everyone comfy the day of and who seamed up my dress when the hook and eye broke ... to Marie the general manager who made sure our vision came to life in every detail we could possibly think of!

Cheers to an amazing night of EXCEPTIONAL food, BEAUTIFUL ambiance and IMPECCABLE service! Although our wedding day may be over - Florentine made sure that they created a dream wedding for us with memories that will last a lifetime!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience with Florentine Gardens far exceeded our expectations. The staff (I dealt mostly with Maria Diadone, General Manager, and Sal Travis, emcee) was unbelievably attentive to details and all questions and concerns I presented to them throughout the entire year of planning our wedding. All of our friends and family are carrying on about it being the best wedding they've ever been to and we owe it all to Florentine Gardens and their staff. We love you, Maria!

Recently Married

Florentine Gardens will give you a night to remember! I knew from the moment I walked into the grand lobby for the first time that this was "our" wedding reception venue. The property is so beautiful, well maintained, warm and inviting... almost feels like home. It didn't take us long (just a few hours after our first visit) to book our Nov. 30th 2014 wedding at Florentine Gardens. Sitting with Event Consultant - Michael H. I knew immediately that we were going to be VERY well taken care of, from start to finish. Since I only had three months to plan, Michael guided me through everything and helped me pull off a flawless reception without any bumps in the road. He's the best! The whole staff at FG is amazing! Feels like we've known them forever. We used the in house video and lighting service , provided by Sal T... again AMAZING! Lighting is everything (you must have this) and our video captured everything perfectly in a modern, tech savvy, exciting way...nothing like your parents video back in the day. Our wedding is still being talked about by all of our friends and family. They can't get over how amazing everything was and how abundant and incredibly delicious the food was!! We enjoyed every bite! The best part was that my husband and I were truly able to enjoy every minute of the night because Michael, Sal, Jason and Lauren took care of everything seamlessly and were beyond prepared, we never felt stress or worry. Can't wait for my next event at Florentine Gardens!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Videography, Wedding Cake