First Student Charter Bus Rental

First Student Charter Bus Rental

Favorite
Poughkeepsie, NY
855.272.3222
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
2.2
1 Review
Recently Married
1.0

DO NOT USE!!! They booked our Wedding Transportation in AUGUST 2014. They knew the times, the number of people, all the info. In FEBURARY 2015, they called and canceled our reservation. "Sorry, we cannot find drivers that will take your trip". So what did they do from August to February???? And if they knew the Times we requested were out the range the drivers would take, WHY did they confirm our reservation in August??? Our wedding is in May, so now we are scrambling trying to find transportation.

Services Used: Transportation, Unique Services (Other)
0.5

CONNECTICUT - --- The booking and everything was very easy and professional. However, the day of the event, the bus arrived an hour early, sat in the parking lot with the lights on and, naturally, the bus died by the time the event was over at 10:30. The bus driver said another bus was on the way after everyone was waiting outside for 30 minutes, 11:00. 45 minutes passed, now quarter of midnight, and a tow truck shows up, takes 20 minutes to jump the bus, which quickly died after. Now it's 12:30 and finally another bus show ups and we all pile onto the new bus to get home. While on the drive home the lights on the bus were kept on the entire time we were on the highway because the woman didn't know where she was going, who in CT can;t manage to get to Sikorsky's right off the highway is beyond me. She sat there for an hour and killed the battery, why wasn't she going over the directions? So with the lights on the entire ride on the highway a passenger gave directions. We booked the hotel to have an after party for my wedding, and by the time the bus arrived everyone was tired and went home. So not only did we waste our money on this bus, we also ultimately wasted money on booking the hotel because by the time we got there we all went to sleep. Probably the worst part of the night!

Recently Married

Our charter bus from First Student took our guest to our venue from the hotel and back to the hotel at the end of the night. The bus was on time and the company was extremely responsive, thorough in planning for our event, and easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
Gretchen
09/20/2014

We were looking for a reasonably priced option to transport our wedding guests from our hotel (in Mystic, CT) to the reception venue, about fifteen minutes away. On two occasions we tweaked the trip times, and never had any problems getting in touch with someone, and always got email confirmation with our updated itinerary.

All our guests made it to and from the reception safely and quickly, and our driver was happy to make an extra trip back to the hotel to make sure there weren't any stragglers (which there weren't). We were happy with the services that First Student provided and the amount we paid.

0.0

The driver was suppose to show up at 3pm at the hotel to pick up my wedding party and I for the wedding. After 40 minutes, all 10 of us had to take several taxis. I called the "day of" phone number several times but nobody on the other line was able to reach the driver or give me an estimate of when she would show up. While each person on the other line said they would call me back, NO ONE DID.

When the driver did show up, it was 4:15pm. She was rude and insisted that her start time was 4:15pm, not 3pm. I even showed her documents that indicated the start time was 3pm. DON'T USE THEIR SERVICES!

0.0

Did not show up to hotel to pick-up guests. They had to car pool to reception. I called off hours numerous times with no answer. Finally found a number by searching on my phone. Number was to local dispatcher who hung up on me the first time and was very rude when I called back. Agreed to send bus but at that point it was too late. Bus finally showed up to reception at the beginning and only took my wedding party back (only ones that didn't have transportation after reception). First student still wanted to charge me full price ($350). I put a dispute claim on my credit card and told First Student I would pay the equivalent of 2 cab rides from reception to hotel because that is essentially what service they provided. DO NOT USE FIRST STUDENT!!

2+ years ago

My husband and I went back and forth with how many buses to have and the route we wanted them to take... I know I made at least two if not three changes and they did them all without issues. I am glad we chose to have transportation... it put my mind at ease knowing this was an option for those who drank and was not able to drive. I personally was not on the bus but I was told the driver was nice and the bus was clean.

Services Used: Transportation, Unique Services (Other)
0.0

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! the driver did no research and got completely lost and made my guests and bridal party over 45 minutes late. They were also 20 minutes late picking my guests up at the end of the night, causing my grandparents, aunts and uncles to stand on the curb and wait outside until 11pm. Awful experience!!

0.5

The driver got lost and ended up dropping off my guests more than an HOUR late. Turned a 5 hour reception into a 3.5 hour reception :(

Services Used: Transportation

Although this number was a little hard to find, they worked out beautifully. Mary Coe was my contact and she was professional and helpful and made sure my 3 buses were on time for guest pick-up at hotel. The buses stayed for the half hour ceremony to drop off guests down a hill for reception and returned promptly at event end. The driver's were professional, pleasant and accommodating. I highly recommend for value and trustworthiness.