Festhalle Barn

5.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had our wedding and our reception and the festhalle barn and we loved it! You get a lot for what you pay for. You get the barn literally for five days so plenty of time for set up and clean up. There is awesome scenery around the barn for pictures. The communication with Dennis was great! Only knock on this place is no AC so as you know in Iowa and if you have a July wedding you will pay. There is quite a few fans but it still was scorching. If they ever install AC in the barn it'll be a blessing!! I have NO complaints and everyone loved the location. Just an FYI the competition to rent the barn is very early in advance as in a year and half for us. Get on it while you can!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our reception at the Festhalle and it was absolutely wonderful! It is so much more than a typical reception venue. We had a gorgeous day fall day and were able to open the main entrance sliding doors when guests arrived and then used the smaller walk-in doors at the end of the night. Most of the Christmas lights are already strung across the beams and Dennis even came before the wedding to fix a strand and lightbulb that were burnt out. The sky is the limit in making this place yours as you get the keys on the Wednesday before your event and get to keep them until the Monday after. Since we rented it at the end of the season we were also given the option to have the interior cardboard put up to help insulate the building but we chose not to.

We had no issues with reserving the barn or with the keys. The visitor's center (across the parking lot) was also so kind in relaying the keys back to Dennis and letting our cake lady into the barn while we were all at the wedding.

The only downside we felt was that you need to have a crew ready to clean- a group of us spent an entire day sweeping, mopping, wiping down tables and chairs, and knocking down cobwebs.

• Wedding: 10/22/2011
1.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 1.5

Here's the most honest review I can give:
The barn itself? GORGEOUS. The association lets you decorate however you want, and it's inexpensive ($700)

Organization? Horrendous. Please be warned - - their coordinator Michelle (must be new to this whole thing) does not know what she is doing. Incredibly hard to get a hold of since she works several jobs. She DOUBLE BOOKED my wedding day and didn't tell me until it was too late to switch my vendors. I got the boot b/c she failed to tell me that another couple already had my date. I did get my money back, but I was totally heartbroken. They didn't even say they were sorry. PLEASE BE WARNED. You'll have to be on their a$$ from the second you want to turn in the contracts :(

• Wedding: 09/25/2010
4.2/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The festhalle was a great place to have a wedding! We received the barn the Wednesday before the wedding and it was ours until the Monday after. So it gives you lots of time to decorate yourself and have other vendors come and go as needed.

It is very clean and has ample fridges and freezers for your cake, drinks, and other things! There is a huge stage that can be used for a live band or DJ or possibly your head table.

Large enough to feel comfortable with having a wedding reception there. Beautiful rustic look inside with lights already stringed along the beams. Fans. And main lights that you can shut off separately.

I would say the only downfall to the barn is the obvious "no air" and no running water inside - but there is some outside. Other than that it was the perfect place for our wedding!

• Wedding: 06/19/2010
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had our wedding reception at the Festhalle Barn and it was wonderful! The price is inexpensive and you get to decorate how you like.... this can add up too, but you can make it exactly how you want it! Something that is out of your control is the weather which makes it kind of hard if you plan your date in the middle of the summer due to the heat. Just pray for good weather!

• Wedding: 07/18/2009
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our reception in the Barn, and it was very nice. They provided some tables and some chairs but we decided to rent a little higher quality tables and chairs. We were given the key on the Wednesday before the wedding and we weren't required to give the key back until the Monday after the wedding. All for just $550!!

• Wedding: 06/09/2007