Fantasy Frostings

Fantasy Frostings

Finally, a wedding cake that tastes as good as it looks

301 Pasadena Avenue

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake that is made in this bakery is so moist and delicious. Our cake was beautiful and I highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
Tiffany
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fantasy Frostings did my wedding cake and a specialty grooms cake. The cakes look amazing!!! They tasted amazing as well! We had lots of cake left over and froze it after..When we got back from our honeymoon we defrosted and had some…It still tasted sooo good! We got White choc. Raspberry, cookies and cream, and salted caramel.. mmmm

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not recommend Fantasy Frostings highly enough. I had extensively researched wedding cakes in the Los Angeles area, and Fantasy Frostings was the consensus amongst sweet-lovers connoisseurs. And boy was the consensus correct.

To start, Fantasy Frostings includes a complementary cake tasting, which was so helpful. We ended up switching flavors between tiers because we could not narrow it down lower than 2 flavors.

I brought in a photo of the cake I wanted, and they were able to replicate it exactly. It was gorgeous!

Finally, I am grateful for how responsive and professional Fantasy Frostings was throughout the planning process. When we had more guests RSVP yes than expected, they were helpful in deciding to increase the cake by a tier.

They were also helpful in delivering the cake on the wedding day and accounting for the 90 degree weather.

And of course, it doesn’t hurt that the cake was absolutely delicious and people still mention it to me today when they see me.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Leslie was so great to work with! The tastings were professional and delicious! ( We went to two tastings, one for our wedding and another for a birthday!!!) We cannot get enough of Fantasy Frostings Cakes! They are so delicious and all our guests enjoyed the cake. We had a three tiered white cake that included the design of our invitations and they used loose flowers from our floral arrangements. Cookies and cream as our top tier (grooms favorite), champagne in the middle and on the bottom was their chocolate surprise that has toffee, my favorite!! They arrived and set up the cake on time and beautifully! We will definitely be ordering all our cakes from Fantasy Frostings again and again!!

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was the most beautiful and delicious cake I have ever had! From the tasting to the final result, everything went smoothly and the end result was perfection!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Leslie was great! While cake was one of our lower priorities we went outside of our budget after we went to the tasting. It was the only cake tasting where we finished all of the cake. She also makes beautiful sugar flowers. While pricier than other cake shops, the taste definitely makes up for it, she also did her best to work with our budget. A lot of guests liked the lemon lavender cake while the cookies and cream was a tad sweet although that might have been due to the heavy frosting needed for our cake design.

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing! Not only was my ombre wedding cake beautiful and exactly want I wanted, It tasted great too. She is my kinda gal...the process couldn't have been simpler and I was so happy with the results!

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wonderful and beautiful! Each layer was specially made and the designs offered were plentiful.

• Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful and delicious... I cannot recommend this bakery enough. Definitely worth the investment!

• Wedding: 02/01/2014
May
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Leslie from Fantasy Frostings gave us the most beautiful wedding cake. Her attention to detail is impeccable and she has created a beautiful work of art. All of our guests were just in awe of the cake and even more so when they tasted it. It was just perfect !! Thank you Leslie !!
Felix & Nisim :)

• Wedding: 12/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Best wedding cake I have ever eaten and the service was exactly our style. Matter of fact, professional and fun.

• Wedding: 11/10/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not recommend Leslie of Fantasy Frostings any higher. She made my gorgeous, delicious marble-chip wedding cake for my October wedding at Shutters (decorated with white fondant layered ribbons and then a few silver antique brooches were placed on it - so it had an elegant yet whimsical/vintage look to it - it was inspired by a photo of a cake on her website), plus she made additional delicious assorted mini-desserts that were placed on trays on the guest tables. I must have driven her a bit nuts as I changed my order quite a few times because I could not decide on the mini-desserts among the many great options, but she was so sweet and helpful the entire time.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was one of the best cakes I have ever had. The flavors are amazing. I am not usually a big cake person, but I could have probably eaten the entire wedding cake by myself. The are very accommodating and will make whatever design you want them to make. I highly recommend using them for your wedding cake needs.

• Wedding: 09/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Delicious cake. Leslie was amazing to work with and such a great personality. All the cake flavors were amazing but we chose the banana walnut (which had fresh bananas and bavarian crème) and lemon poppy seed (which had raspberry filling)layers for our wedding cake, which then had a gorgeous cascade of sugar flowers that perfectly matched the color of the wedding flowers. Although not a fan of fondant, we were sold after tasting Leslie's which is actually pretty good. And her buttercream is to die for. We also had a grooms cake, which was a surprise batman themed chocolate peanut butter cake as peanut butter is his favorite. It was absolutely perfect with a utility belt, gotham skyline, and she even placed cute batman and catwoman action figures I bought. The groom didn't see the cake until it was brought out right before our first dance. It was fantastic. We didn't even notice that our cake topper for the wedding cake broke before the reception; like a true professional Leslie had back-up sugar flowers and beautifully placed them on top of the cake. It probably looked better that way. Everyone raved about the cake flavors and that is was some of the best cake they have ever had; we had leftovers the next day and it was still moist. If you love tasting different and unique flavors go to Fantasy Frostings ASAP. And if you don't want to worry about having dry boring cake on your wedding day (we've all probably eaten more of the later at weddings) then book Fantasy Frostings! Leslie will work with your budget and make your dream cake come true.

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We recently had our wedding cake made by Fantasy Frostings, and despite a mix-up in flavors, we were very happy with the service.

The cake was beautiful, and one of the nicest surprises of the night. Seeing it all put together when we arrived was a great feeling. They did great work on the look of the cake.

Unfortunately, there was a slight mix-up in the flavors for the bottom layer of our cake. We had requested a flavor (the cookies and cream one) and got the black and white, which was a chocolate/vanilla with a banana flavor thrown in there. The other two layers were correct and delicious, and the bottom was definitely good, but not what we had asked for.

After making this realization, we reached out to Fantasy Frostings and they apologized and offered to make us a cake in the correct flavor whenever we wanted. That is a level of professionalism that you don't often see in the wedding vendor world. Most people aren't willing to own up to their mistakes, so it was refreshing that they were.

The mix-up in flavors is the only reason they don't get a solid 5-star review from us. However, I would still recommend Fantasy Frostings to anyone looking for a delicious, beautiful wedding cake.

• Wedding: 07/14/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fantasy Frostings was recommended by our wedding venue. After visiting their website and learning how many high profile clients they have served, we were a bit intimidated and nervous that their cakes would be out of our price range. The cakes we tasted were amazing -- moist, light and just the right amount of flavor. Our favorite was the Banana Pecan and the Marble cake (surprisingly light and had a hint of banana), but we also enjoyed the more traditional flavors of White Satin and Almond. All this time, Leslie sat with us, talked us through our impressions and narrowed down what we liked. By the end of the hour, she knew what we liked, and we knew that Leslie was the one to make our wedding cake. She was personal and professional. Her cakes were reasonably priced too! On our wedding day, the cake arrived on time, and our guests raved about the cake. We ran out!! The only trouble was that they switched the flavors we selected (and had confirmed two weeks before). We didn't realize this until we ate the cake top. It's a mistake easy to forgive...The guests didn't know the difference, and if that was the only glitch, no need to complain. I'd buy another cake from Leslie.

• Wedding: 07/14/2013
Marichelle
626-799-2900
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards