Fabulously Chic Weddings

Value
Flexibility
Célia
05/23/2015

Even with the distance (i live in Switzerland), she helped me a lot. She was doing everything i couldn't do because i wasn't there: meeting vendors, buying items, driving hours to assist to my mockup table, going to the venue and taking picture for me, etc... She really was amazing! Thank you for all that C !
;)

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Courtney was truly a find! Recommended by the venue, LaPlaya. My son and his fiancé
live in Switzerland and we (my husband and I) hired Courtney after she spoke to the couple. It was hands down the best decision we made. She is a total professional and went beyond the call of duty for us on many occasions. She helped with every detail and aspect of a complicated destination wedding. We had a unique situation with time, language and distance but knowing Courtney had our backs made it all run smoothly. She was spectacular to have on hand for the the entire day and we got her a room so she with us every step of the way. Not one detail escaped her attention. We all highly recommend her and feel very fortunate we had her expertise and experience for our event. I kept telling her "you are simply the best" and its true.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Courtney was AMAZING!! Not only is she courteous, professional and friendly...but soooo organized and keeps things running smooth. She didn't forget to ask me what I wanted, even though I left most up to her because, clearly, she is the BEST! All of my guests complimented her, my parents adored her and raved about how great she was. I could not have had my perfect wedding day without Courtney. I highly recommend her. You will not regret it, she really is astounding at what she does. Thank you!!

Private User
Recently Married

I hired Courtney as a day of coordinator for my wedding and not only she surpassed my expectations but she also made it so much more stress free. I was so happy to work with her two weeks prior to my wedding as she made it so much easier...her professionalism, responsiveness, dedication, and attention really showed me that she really loves her job and she does such a wonderful job.
Thank you Court for being the best planner a bride could want!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Honestly, it is hard to write a review that adequately describes just HOW good Courtney is. She was by far the best decision I made throughout my wedding planning (besides my new hubby, of course!!) Anyone who doesn't hire her is simply missing out! :)

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Courtney is absolutely amazing! Our wedding would not have been as beautiful as it was without her. She helped make our wedding vision come to life. We were married at the Powel Crosely Estate and live in New York City. Her email communications, phone calls and texts made planning from such a far distance so easy. She has many vendors that she is able to recommend, she always keeps your budget in mind and she is extremely helpful in reaching decisions that work best for your vision. I had complete trust and confidence in Courtney and was able to relax knowing that I had her there. She turned ideas that I had into a reality and put together the most amazing and gorgeous wedding I have ever seen. All of my guests were also telling us that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. The day of my wedding I was able to relax knowing that Courtney was handling all of the details. My wedding was perfect in every way and Courtney is to thank for that. She was the one of the best wedding decisions that we made. Any bride that is able to work with Courtney is a lucky bride!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Courtney was an absolute dream. Anyone who says a wedding planner expense is not worth it is mislead.

Courtney went above and beyond to ensure my day was perfect. She's incredibly professional, sweet, informed, and "above and beyond" hard working. She at one point catapulted over a railing to ensure my walkway was clear before going down the aisle.

No detail is too small. She thinks of things you'd never even consider, and is as budget conscious as you need to be.

I couldn't imagine my day without Courtney, and if any event comes up in the future I will hire her in an instant.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

We hired Courtney to oversee full planning for our wedding on June 21, 2014 on Sanibel and Captiva Islands. She guided us through the entire process of planning 3 events: the Welcome Party (150 ppl), the Wedding (170 ppl) and a Sunday Brunch (130 ppl). As our wedding was destination, we were based in New York during most of the planning process and entrusted Courtney with the big (and small) decisions. Courtney brought her knowledge, intuition, experience and high taste level to every aspect of planning!

A key reason we hired Courtney was that she had connections and strong relationships with other vendors in the area. This provided me with a sense of trust in all decisions as she had previously worked with the vendors we chose and had positive experiences with each. Planning from a distance became very simple as I could rely on her expertise and relationships with others in Southwest Florida! All of the vendors she recommended were tailored to our style and budget specifications.

Courtney has many qualities that make her the right choice, but one of the great things about Courtney is that she has your best interests in mind the entire time. She negotiates when necessary and stands up for what she thinks is right. She is always working on your behalf.

Above all else, Courtney is friendly, passionate and truly cares about your event as much as you do. As we all know, our own wedding is the MOST important thing to us, but it is hard to find others who find it as important as you do! Courtney plans your wedding as if it were her own, making sure every detail is taken care of in order to make the event seamless. She is always there to run an idea by or talk things out. On the day of, everything is taken care of so all you have to do is relax and get married.

Our wedding weekend was absolutely perfect. If we could do it all over again there is not one thing we would change and that is 100% due to our Wedding Planner, Courtney!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Courtney is absolutely amazing. My mother in law hired Courtney to help with our wedding because we were planning our wedding in Fort Myers, and currently live in Chicago. At first, I thought it was unnecessary and wasn't really sure what exactly a wedding planner would do that we couldn't figure out on our own. Boy, was I mistaken! We started meeting Courtney a little more than a year before our wedding, and she took care of even the tiniest of details for us. She was incredibly flexible, and very helpful with giving us options for certain vendors. We met with Courtney probably 8 or so times before the actual wedding, but she emailed me at least once a week to keep my up to date as to what was going on, or what we needed to work on. The day of the wedding she even went and picked us up Publix subs and delivered them to our rooms! Courtney was instrumental on making the wedding day itself successful. We had planned to get married in front of the fig tree at the Edison Estates and the weather started to turn for the worst in the morning of the wedding. At about 2pm, Courtney made the judgement call to cancel the ceremony at the Edison and have it at the Sidney Berne Davis, which was where our reception was to be held. I won't lie, I was bummed. And I couldn't imagine how having it at the Berne Davis was going to compare to that beautiful fig tree. Courtney worked some serious magic. We ended up having the ceremony outside on the front walkway of the Berne Davis. It was breathtaking how gorgeous it turned out. In fact, I can't imagine my wedding having looked as good at the Edison. Courtney made my wedding an absolute dream. I could absolutely not have done it without her, and I can't thank her enough for everything she did for us. I would recommend her to anyone! She is absolutely fantastic. So much so, that you'll connive to find other parties to have her plan for you!

Blaire
04/26/2014

I hired Courtney for my Day Of Coordinator for my wedding in Naples, Florida on April 26, 2014. Despite the "Day Of" title, Courtney helped me tremendously in the several months before the wedding and offered recommendations and advice whenever I asked.

I am a very organized and creative person, so I was unsure if I need a Coordinator, but planning a wedding is unlike any other experience. I could not have executed such an amazing event without her. I am so thankful Courtney was my Wedding Coordinator!

She completely handled the logistics of my wedding venue, church, hotel, and vendors. She asked questions that I had no idea to ask and sought out solutions to problems that I didn't know I would encounter. She even picked up my wedding dress from the steamer, shopped for frames for my signage and labels for my flip flop basket when I forgot to do so in time, and bought extra ribbon for my napkins when I purchased too little (and didn't tell me that I purchased too little until AFTER the wedding so I wouldn't be stressed).

I live in Chicago and Courtney let me ship anything I bought for the wedding to her home -- many months in advance of the big day. She took in boxes of favors, flip flops, table numbers, lanterns, baskets, sparklers, everything!! This service was of value beyond words.

My wedding weekend was 100% stress-free and that is because I knew Courtney was handling it. She brought expertise and professional to the job. She brought me and my mom complete piece of mind.

"Highly recommend" hiring Courtney is not a strong enough phrase. Just do it, you will be incredibly glad that you did.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Courtney is absolutely amazing! She goes above and beyond, spending as much time and effort on your wedding day as she would her own. We highly recommend her!

Private User
1+ year ago

Words really can’t express how amazing Courtney is!! We originally hired another planner who made us all of the promises in the world and after she had our money, she couldn’t deliver on ONE of those promises….she was beyond horrible. I was absolutely devastated and that person took all of the fun out of the planning process and this special time in our lives. We dreaded every meeting and had no idea how we were going to get through the next year working with her. Luckily, someone recommended that we speak with Courtney at Fabulously Chic and as soon as I did, the decision to make the change was a no-brainer!! Courtney took the time to really get to know us, listen, and understand what we wanted on our special day. She offered creative ideas that brought our vision to life instead of pushing us towards something we did not want (like others had before). Our wedding was so much more than anything I could have ever imagined and Courtney played a very big role in that….from the tiniest of details to coordinating the whole day perfectly down to the minute. She put us at ease and took the stress out of the planning process which allowed us to focus on enjoying the wedding day. Courtney has an incredible talent for wedding planning but more importantly, she is an incredible person that I now consider a true friend.

Jennifer
01/11/2014

Courtney was recommended to me by a venue planner and I hired her about 13 months out from our wedding. Courtney was fantastic during the whole process, helping me to stay in budget, trying to keep me focused to what was really important to execute the day of the wedding. She helped me find the vendors to use and really helped to manage the stress of the wedding. On the day of the wedding Courtney was absolutely amazing. She made sure everything I had planned and imagined was excited flawlessly, the decor setup was absolutely amazing, and all the details that had been planned looked amazing. She made sure everything and everyone was ready for speeches, dances, entrances and if I looked nervous she was running off to get me some water. I can't say enough good things about Courtney and she even personally went out in the rain to light off fireworks at the end of the night. you won't be sorry if you choose Courtney she is absolutely Fabulous!!!!!

Kathy
12/31/2013

My daughter and her fiance chose to have a destination wedding in Marco Island on New Year's Eve. Initially, we thought we could contact vendors, plan decor and handle the day of activities on our own but soon realized what a huge task that would be, especially since we live in Cleveland and Chicago! After researching South Florida Wedding Planners, we called Courtney Shaw of Fabulously Chic Weddings. Courtney returned our call within thirty minutes and we could immediately tell that we had made the right choice of planners. Throughout the year long wedding planning process, Courtney was there for us via phone, email, text and multiple in person meetings. She took the time to get to know my daughter and worked tirelessly to help us achieve the vision we wanted for the wedding day. She went way, way beyond what I had expected and because of her hard work and dedication, the wedding day was perfect. I cannot recommend Courtney Shaw highly enough. She is truly amazing!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

My daughter's wedding was a fantastic success. Courtney was with us every step of the way! I would recommend her services to anyone, especially if your wedding in Southwest Florida is a destination wedding. Thank you Courtney!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Sarah
11/10/2013

Courtney was the perfect planner for us! She provided us with a wealth of ideas, information, resources, and contacts that helped my daughter achieve her vision for her perfect wedding. Although we had originally decided only to secure a coordinator for day-of assistance, we decided to add support for decoration planning because our venue was not normally used for a wedding reception. My daughter had a clear vision of what she wanted but we were uncertain how to make that happen. Courtney guided us through many discussions over about six months that truly helped us plan and implement a beautiful event. Her contacts are the best, and not necessarily the best-known. From flowers, to lighting to cake to the very smallest details of table settings and dessert table, the wedding was perfection and Courtney's calm and supportive guidance was definitely a key ingredient!