F.E.A.S.T. at Round Hill

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I LOVE everything about this place. The venue is GORGEOUS! The house is magnificent, but the grounds around it are even better. The gardens are magical and feel like you are in a fairy tale. The best part is that you can be inside and outside. We had our ceremony in their beautiful backyard garden (STUNNING) and then the cocktail party was inside and outside, with lots of places for people to roam and move about. Then for our sit down dinner for 130 people we were all inside in ONE room. The space is really unique and needs very little additional decor. Also, the Food is AMAZING. I can't tell you how many of my guests came up to me and are still telling me after the fact, how good the food was. The appetizers all the way to our cake, was just awesome. You get SO much food! Lastly, the help is just so on point. We had two women who were working our event, specifically helping us (bride & groom) and they were amazing. From getting a wine spot out of my dress (completely) to running around the house looking for the flowers girls as the processional was about to start (she got them back in time!) they were both simply amazing. I am from CT and I searched for a venue in NY, CT and NJ. When I found the Round Hill House, I stopped looking. There is no where better.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

FEAST is amazing! We were looking for a wedding venue that wouldn't feel like a "wedding factory," but FEAST did one better: the venue is totally unique (no hotel ballrooms here!), but they have got the behind-the-scenes side down to a science. The best of both worlds!

The entire staff was so helpful and responsive leading up to the wedding day, ready with an answer to any question I could come up with. We asked them to stock some very specific things that were outside their normal open bar--no problem. We went off-menu and asked if they could do mac and cheese (my favorite food)--sure! My mother also needed gluten-free, dairy-free everything, and they assigned a specific server to attend to her needs and make sure that her food was not cross-contaminated. Our maitre'd, Ellen, somehow seemed to be in three places at once making sure that everything ran smoothly on the day. And I can't even begin to describe how delicious the food was, especially the hors d'oeuvres! We had several guests tell us that it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding.

Overall, I think my father-in-law said it best when he commented with surprise that absolutely nothing had gone wrong the entire night--he'd never before been at a wedding that went off without a single hitch! And the best part was, once we arrived at the venue, FEAST took care of everything. Not once did I feel like I had to bother with any logistics. We planned it, and then they made it all happen, and at a great value. Seriously, book your wedding here. You will not regret it.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Private User
1+ year ago

I love the staff at Feast. They made my wedding so beautiful and perfect. From the moment that I arrived at the reception, the maitre d' was there for me, helping the photographer get the perfect shots, bringing us food and drink so that we were comfortable, and making sure each guest had a wonderful experience. The gardens are so lovely and enjoyable, our guests are still talking about the venue and the amazing food. We decided to go with the buffet and stations meal service, because you get so many choices for your guests. I would highly recommend this venue and caterer!

Taryn
05/18/2013

Round Hill far exceed any expectations I had for my wedding venue. The food is amazing, we got so many compliments from our guests throughout the evening and after. It's also such a beautiful place, with amazing staff, and a really great value. They are really accommodating to the client's wishes, and just did everything perfectly for our wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We knew when we picked this place it was special. From the beautiful ceremony in the garden to the sprawling grounds and water fall. The service was incredible. They took care of everything from decorations we had dropped off to packing it all up for pick up the next day. They met every expectation and more.
The cocktail hour was organized. The station were spread so the guest got to enjoy each area of the venue. They were able to mingle with other guests and were not confined to one space. Not only was the food delicious the presentation of food was outstanding.
Having one daughter this was our first and only attempt at wedding planning. The F.E.A.S.T made it so easy . They answered my emails, my phone calls and all my worries. They never made me feel I had anything to worry about and they were correct.
It was the best time ever and I would recommend this to anyone looking for that personal touch. This is it!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

AMAZINGGG! Our wedding was May 4, 2013, and from start to finish, FEAST was a dream to work with. They were more than accommodating for special requests that we had, and made our day everything that we wanted. You can tell that they have been doing this a long time - the night was seamless, and we didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was perfect, the venue was stunning. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful day so utilizing the outdoor space was awesome. We didn't have a ceremony on-site - but their space for that is beautiful! They set up everything for us that day, and packed up everything for us to pick up the next day. We literally had nothing to stress about - the way a wedding should be. All of our guests said it was easily the best wedding they had ever been to, and I couldn't agree more!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It is with great pleasure that I write this review for FEAST at Round Hill House. I am writing this review from the perspective of the mother of the bride.
It is without hesitation that I am able to say that I was 100% happy and thrilled by every aspect of our experience with Round Hill House.
Our daughter, who lives in DC wanted an unusual wedding venue...not your typical "wedding mill" venue. When we called Round Hill, we were pleasantly surprised to talk to Shelley who was enthusiastic about the venue and invited us to come and take a look for ourselves. We saw the website for Round Hill and the photographs of a gorgeous home and beautiful grounds. When we arrived at Round Hill House we became even more enthusiastic about having our daughter's wedding there.
We talked to Shelley who answered all of our questions and without even tasting the food, we signed on the dotted line and booked October 20th 2012 as THE DATE. This was based on the beauty of the venue, the attention to detail of Shelley and meeting Peter, the owner.
We then went for an appetizer tasting and our enthusiasm grew even more.
Our daughter lives in DC and as time went on we had more questions and they were ALWAYS answered promptly and with enthusiasm, understanding and courtesy. Emails were always answered within the day there were asked and usually within the hour.
Our daughter did not have her ceremony at Round Hill, nor did she get ready there, so I cannot speak to those areas of the Round Hill experience.
Ellen was assigned the week before the wedding as our maitre d. She was too good to be true. She was calm, professional, warm, kind, understanding, perfect in every way. She added to a picture perfect day.
Her staff were wonderful...polite, professional, seemed like they genuinely enjoyed their jobs and took pride in doing it well.
The food was plentiful, delicious, gorgeous and well presented.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Amazing venue. Even the rain couldn't take away from it's beauty! Service, the people, food everything was perfect!!! I couldn't be happier & my guest could not stop raving about the whole experience at Round Hill!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Round Hill was everything we were looking for in a venue. The grounds were gorgeous, the customer service outstanding & the food delicious.
Do yourself a favor & at the very least attend 1 of their tastings. We knew almost immediately when we 1st drove up that we’d be getting married there. As if the breathtaking manor house wasn’t enough (if you had a rich quirky aunt who lived in the country this would be her house), the staff just goes above & beyond. Even at the tasting, before you are even a client, they are incredibly accommodating & knowledgeable.
The 2 issues we posed when we visited any venue was the fact that our pooch needed to be a part of our wedding day & that we needed to be able to alter the menu. RH had no problem with either issue and our dog was with us for the ceremony & reception & we were able to customize our menu to the minutest detail (they even added perfectly executed fried yellow plantains to each plate). Peter & the rest of the staff were also incredibly responsive to my numerous emails in the 2 years of wedding planning. They also offered great advice & provided great references to other vendors.
They were amazing to work with during the planning stages & on the day of our wedding they were invaluable. I was able to enjoy the entire day because they took care of coordinating all the details. My bridal party & I were at the venue from 11a wedding morning & we were taken care of in every respect. Our guests were all obsessed with how beautiful this place is & I must have been asked at least 20 times (no exaggeration) “HOW did you find this place???”
Round Hill is the perfect venue if you want a unique, spectacular wedding day. I have not 1 negative thing to say about them. FYI the dance floor & the dining room are 2 adjoining rooms separated by a series of French doors.
A taste of what a RH wedding looks like: http://www.leimageinc.com/weddings/photography/jem-and-andy-feast-at-round-hill-wedding-photography/

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Hands down, best caterers you'll find anywhere on the East Coast and beyond. The food was out of this world delicious. The service was more than we could have asked. The professionalism and courtesy of their staff far surpasses anything thing I've seen before. If you want your wedding day perfect, please call Peter and Patrick, go for a tasting, consultation and chat with these two amazing gentleman. You'll be glad you did. Don't risk it, go with the best. FEAST Caterers is sure to WOW your guest. Oh and their price point is unbeatable.

Brad and Gary

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Round Hill is the best place to have a wedding. I am so happy we decided to have our wedding here. Compared to other places we looked at, it was an amazing value. The grounds are amazing, both in the winter when we visited for the first time, and in the summer when the wedding was. The house is incredible. It is a wedding factory in that they do weddings all the time and really know what they're doing, more than me. But it had such a unique, old mansion-y feel, not one of those generic country club/hotel "wedding factories". The staff is amazing! They are the nicest people and very responsive. They were always available for questions. The food was INCREDIBLE! I keep getting compliments on how beautiful the place was and how delicious the food was. I would absolutely recommend getting married at Round Hill.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Feast at Roundhill is really a magical location for a wedding. Our guests would not stop talking about the beautiful grounds and wonderful food and staff. The best place in the Hudson valley!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Round Hill was the absolute perfect location for our wedding. The grounds are beautiful and the house makes you feel as though you were at someone's home rather than a big catering hall. It was very personal and warm. The staff was incredible (especially Rose!!) and we were very well taken care of throughout our entire experience here. The staff was so professional and friendly, they truly made you feel at home. One wonderful feature of this venue is that they only handle one event a day. The food was outstanding (especially the seafood paella!!) and everyone I have spoken to has praised this venue tremendously. People definitely did not leave hungry! We could not have asked for a more beautiful place for our wedding. Our day was magical and perfect - thank you so much to Peter, Rose, and everyone else up at Round Hill for this unforgettable day!!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

F.E.A.S.T. at Round Hill House was the most phenomenal venue I've ever attended, and I am SO glad we booked them for our wedding. Not only were the rates reasonable, but the service, courtesy, professionalism, flexibility, attitude, and FOOD were all spectacular. I cannot say enough how wonderful an experience they made our special day.

Just to name a few things -
They provided us with trays of hors d'oeuvres and 2 of every entree to take home with us, as they knew (better than we did) that we weren't going to get to eat much!
They assigned us a maitre d' who ensured everyone was at the ceremony at the right time and that late guests could not enter once it began.
They reorganized their 3rd floor apartment into a second bridal changing suite for us (as we were two brides, and both had bridal parties that needed to get ready!)
They carried our favorite white and favorite red wine at their bar, free of charge, so that our guests could enjoy OUR favorites.
They carried the ceremony flowers indoors and adorned the mantels and bridal tables with them.

Simply the best possible service, exceeding all expectations. I would HIGHLY recommend them to any couple looking for the quintessential Hudson Valley wedding experience.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved Round Hill from the beginning because of the beautiful grounds, the way the dining room and dance floor were separate, and the quaint feeling of the mansion. The food was delicious and we especially enjoyed the cocktail hour. You must try the baked brie and raspberry! The staff at Round Hill was very responsive throughout the planning process, responding to questions and assisting with whatever we needed. Our Maitre'd was Rose and she made sure the night went on without a hitch. She kept the reception in line with our time schedule, made sure we had everything we needed, and worked closely with our other vendors to see that everything went smoothly. We were able to have 4 entree choices with the agreement that we'd pre-select them and provide a count 3 weeks prior. We also had 3 stations added on to our package, for which we paid only for two, this was a great deal. They were very flexible with providing the Garden Station before cocktail hour for any guests that arrived early. I would recommend Round Hill to anyone, we were very happy!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We originally looked at FEAST because we saw online that they catered outside of their home location. When my (then)fiance and I went for our food tasting we fell totally in love with the venue, food, and staff. Peter and his staff were on their game through our entire planning process. They were always available for questions and were so helpful to us in every way imaginable. Kim was our matre de' for the wedding and she did a phenomenal job with everything. We didn't have to worry about any logistics, we had gone over how we wanted the day to run prior and she made sure that it happened. All of our close family, friends and wedding party were well taken care of. We never even had to go to the bar for drinks! They we SO attentive and nice to everyone at our wedding; I highly recommend them - without hesitation!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue