Events by La Fete

Events by La Fete

Wedding and Event Design, Planning and Coordination

Raleigh, NC | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Carly, and I cannot say enough wonderful things about her! She was absolutely a dream to work with! From setting up a general timeline for the wedding (so I could tell everyone when and where to be) and flawlessly executing the entire event, she was a dream come true. The day of the wedding, when my personality would have me running around like a mad woman trying to make sure things were in place and perfect, I was sipping on champagne, watching Say Yes to the Dress with my bridesmaids, growing more and more excited about marrying my husband-exactly how it should be.

Every person I spoke with pre-wedding kept saying that I should be prepared for things to go wrong, that nothing will be perfect, and that at the end of the day it's about marrying the love of your life. All of this might be correct, but Carly made sure that the day was everything I could've asked for and maybe even more. I didn't notice any slip ups, which is the sign of the DREAM coordinator!

In addition to how extremely well Carly performed day-of, she was amazing leading up to the wedding. She met with me several times to discuss my expectations and the timeline, as well as promptly responded to all emails. She is one of the most organized, upbeat individuals I have ever met and I am so glad she was a part of our big day!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Contracting Carly for our weekend-of planning and event execution was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning process. She stepped in two months before and took over, giving me peace of mind and confidence that all of the details were covered -- two things I needed desperately as the bride. She was a dream to work with with a keen eye for design and execution, and a willingness to work to make my vision a reality. I can't say enough good things about working with Events by La Fete -- they are truly the best firm in the Triangle area for events of all sizes and styles.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Decision-making is far from my forte, and being a picky Bride attempting to stay within some kind of budget - we could not have done it without Carly at La Fete. I had a vision and Carly helped bring it to life. She kept me on track throughout the year prior to my wedding - reminding me what needed to be done each month, and providing insight whenever needed. She was always available and flexible to make things happen around my crazy schedule during the planning process. She helped me research different options, and is extremely well-connected in the industry. When the day came, Carly and I were, without a doubt, on same page - she knew me, and knew exactly how to make our wedding day the most perfect, stress-free day of our lives (so far).

Our wedding was truly everything that I ever dreamed of - and more. Carly truly brought it all into fruition. I would not change a thing, and I would absolutely recommend Carly as your wing-man as your plan and coordinate your wedding!

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
Hannah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I hired Carly from Events by La Fete as my day-of coordinator early on in my wedding planning, and at the time I felt like it was kind of a splurge and maybe even not that necessary. I WAS WRONG!!!!!!! First of all, "day of" is more like 2 months prior until every last personal item from the venue is back in my possession, and Carly was absolutely, 100% essential in keeping me calm and focused, in keeping everything on track, and in making my wedding go off without a hitch (that I knew about anyway!) I cannot say enough good things. I would say the biggest benefit of having Carly (of the many!) was her ability to coordinate all of the vendors' set up times--NOT an easy task!! Carly is fun, energetic and has ninja-like organizational skills. Honestly, I couldn't have done it without her, and I credit her with my being able to actually enjoy my wedding :) Thanks Carly--YOU ROCK!!!!!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carly was amazing! Everything went off without a hitch and I attribute much of that to her organization and her pre-wedding planning with us. She knew exactly what was going on in terms of vendors, family, ceremony and reception and she maneuvered everything seamlessly and without incident. Kudos to her and La Fete for making such a memorable occasion and happy and virtual stress free one!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hiring Katie Dunn was the BEST decision I made during the whole wedding process. I immediately felt comfortable with Katie and I really felt like she got my vision, even when I was not entirely sure myself what it was.

She was extremely responsive to questions and concerns and every vendor she recommended was amazing to work with. It was very clear how well regarded she is in the industry.

The weekend of the wedding I had zero concerns and complete pieece of mind. I know Katie would be able to handle whatever was thrown at us and she did. There were definitely some challenges due to weather, but they seemed minor because her and her team had solutions for every scenario and executed them perfectly.

My husband and I have said over and over there was nothing we would change about our wedding day and that is in large part to Katie and her team.

I would highly recommend wokring with Events by Lafete. It was well worth the investment plus more.

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
Services Used: Catering
Suzanne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carly was awesome! I am the mother of a bride who was married on May4, and I wanted to be able to enjoy the day. Carly took the work to coordinate all the pieces and parts of the wedding and brought it under control to bring everything together flawlessly, down to telling us where to stand and what to do at every juncture during the day. Even my husband noted how glad he was that we had engaged La Fete's services - which is really, really high praise.

I strongly recommend this vendor!

• Wedding: 05/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the pleasure of working with Katie from La Fete Event Planning and Design, and she assisted me with day of services as well as design. I've said this over and over to everyone I've talked to and I stand by it: I don't know WHAT I would have done without Katie to keep me on track! With so many tasks to complete in my year of planning, it's very easy to get overwhelmed and feel as though you're not getting things done on time. Katie was in constant contact with me to make sure I was where I needed to be and if I ever felt behind, she was always willing to assist with anything I needed and reassure me that things would get done. Additionally, Katie assisted me with design and I must say, I've had several guests tell me over and over that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. I may be biased, but I agree! The details and flower arrangements Katie worked with me on were absolutely perfect and I was so pleased with everything! I would definitely recommend her to anyone who needs a planner who's organized, professional, patient and a talented designer. My day was perfect!

• Wedding: 04/19/2014
Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Katie Dunn with La Fete provided excellent service for my wedding. Initially she was hired to provide information for the theme, color scheme, and decorations. I found as we continued to plan that Katie would be most helpful in all aspects and hired her for the duration of my wedding planning. When bumps in the road occurred, Katie found a solution very quickly. I ended up working with Carly as well and she was a joy to work with, knew the details with limited time to review, and jumped into action where she was needed.

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
Carla
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Katie is amazing!!!! She took care of every detail for our wedding- did all of the design, planning, and coordination for the weekend! We were able to relax, enjoy and celebrate our wedding weekend because of ALL that Kaite did for us! On top of that, she coordinated all of the vendors and made sure everything we wanted was done!!! If you're looking for someone to plan an event for you- Katie is the best!!!!

• Wedding: 01/18/2014
Claren
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I lack the words to praise Katie Dunn of la Fete enough. Everything she did, from the moment we met to the moment she said good night at the end of our wedding, was perfection.

My husband and I don't live in the Raleigh-Durham area. Katie's knowledge of local vendors was exceptional. Her knowledge of design and her ideas to make our vision and theme come to life were exceptional. She did absolutely amazing things with our venue. Her vision made all of the components fit together flawlessly. On the day of our wedding, she coordinated all of our vendors without even the tiniest hiccup. Everything was in place, ready to go and looking perfect.

Beyond being exceptional at her job, Katie Dunn is just a joy to work with. She was responsive to emails, kind, funny, and amazing to talk to. She dealt with drama like a champion, and really is the consummate professional.

I would have paid double what Katie charged me without blinking an eye. Without her, we wouldn't have had a wedding. She was phenomenal, and I would STRONGLY recommend her to anybody planning a wedding in the Triangle.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carly at Events by La Fete really made the difference in making my wedding reception go smoothly. We hired her for month-of coordination of our reception, so I cannot speak to the planning on the front end, but felt completely comfortable that I had transferred my vision to Carly and she saw it through perfectly! Carly was very easy to get ahold of, responded to emails quickly, and provided me her cell phone just in case I needed to get ahold of her. I didn't really believe it until I experienced it, but your wedding day really is a whirlwind, no matter how organized and prepared you are, and I was so thankful that Carly was there to keep everything moving forward. The biggest crisis of that day was Carly walking up to me with our DJ and a very serious look on her face - immediately I thought something terrible had happened. I had accidently given her and our DJ different songs for the cake cutting, and she wanted to know which one to use. I was instantly relieved and told her to choose, cause it really didn't matter to us at that point! I really can't thank her enough for making our day run so smoothly, and would recommend her and La Fete to anyone!

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hiring Katie Dunn was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning. We were planning a North Carolina wedding from New Jersey, and I selected Katie because I thought she would connect well with our daughter. Katie is personable, professional, and organized. What we really appreciated was how responsive she was to details and changes we made along the way. She connected us with wonderful vendors who were all very easy to work with. The welcome bags she assembled were amazing!

The wedding day was everything we hoped it would be. Katie was calm, kept her sense of humor, and seamlessly orchestrated the busy timeline. I can honestly say that I was able to relax and enjoy every moment of the day. Thank you, Katie, for making our daughter’s wedding day perfect!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carly was AMAZING!! We were very on the fence about whether we wanted to get a wedding planner, and I'm SO glad we did. Carly was such a great resource through the planning process, always responding quickly and providing us with lots of helpful suggestions. But the most important part was the wedding weekend. She was so organized and knowledgeable, I knew I could let her take care of everything and enjoy the day. I don't know how we would have pulled it off without her!

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing Katie Dunn with Events by La Fete was the best decision we made when planning our wedding! She helped us every step of the way and went above and beyond to ensure the day was everything we wanted. Katie worked with all of our vendors to make certain everyone knew all of the details of timing, where to go, how to set up, etc. Because of Katie's extensive knowledge of the wedding industry, she suggested great vendors to align to look and feel we wanted for our wedding. Because of her creativity and experience, our big day was so much better than anything we could have imagined!

We had a couple of significant family tragedies in the 6 weeks leading up to our wedding. With Katie's help, I did not worry about a thing during that time, which allowed me to focus on my family rather than the last minute wedding details. I was able to be stress free with Katie at the helm! I could not have made it through that time without her. Katie's professionalism and execution of our plan second to none! She far exceeded my expectations!

When choosing a wedding planner you want someone to be invested in you, and understand what you want for wedding day. Katie, without a doubt, does that flawlessly! I would highly recommend Events by La Fete for any event!

Thank you for everything, Katie!! Amazing! Perfect!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
Melissa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I really can't say anything better about working with Katie! Not only is she super cool and fun to be around, she helped make wedding planning a really fabulous experience. Rather than a time of doubt or angst- planning my wedding with Katie was a time when I learned to trust my instincts and make choices that I could feel good about. Katie helped me feel confident while pushing me to be open minded and create a unique event that reflected my husband and I. Working with good people like Katie for this special day turns the oft feared "wedding-industrial complex" into a personal, unique, life-changing and inspiring event - exactly what a wedding should be. All the BS seemed to fade away when working with Katie and I recommend her to anyone - shell help you make your vision into a reality and create something you never really knew possible. THANK YOU!

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
Stephanie
919-427-3985
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards