Eventology Weddings

Eventology Weddings

2421 Tangley
Suite 110
Houston, TX 77005 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter and I did all of the planning for her wedding ourselves. About six weeks before the big day, it hit me as to how much work it will be to make sure everything was setup properly and to direct the overall flow of the evening. After reading the other reviews on Wedding Wire, I called several planners and chose Kelly to be the one to meet. I immediately knew Kelly was the right day-of-event planner for us! I called our event designer (Events in Bloom) and our venue coordinator (at La Colombe d'or) and they told me they had worked with Kelly multiple times and they highly recommended her. On the day of the event, in several big tubs, I had all of the things I had bought or made for the reception. Without any help from me, Kelly opened the tubs and placed everything in the perfect places. She was wonderful with the other vendors and helping all of us through a very hectic evening. Instead of worrying about what needed to happen next, I got to burn-up the dance floor, visit with my family and friends, and truly enjoy the evening. None of that would have happened without Kelly! If you have a chance to use Kelly for any of your wedding plans, don't miss out on the opportunity to benefit from her high level of service and overall fun personality! She was a true lifesaver and a joy to work with! Thank you Kelly!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was recommended to Kelly via a family friend who had used her for her daughter's wedding. Because I'm in school in another city, I was concerned about some of the time constraints of the contract in addition to the fact we were having a long engagement (18 months when we hired Kelly). However, she was very clear that she'd work with my schedule and we wouldn't necessarily have to stick to strict definitions of a "month." I also appreciated her being honest with me that hiring her as a "full-time planer" didn't make sense with my budget and I could get away with something more intermittent. We hired her for 3 months of planning and day-of coordination. I found her most helpful for purposes of timeline, budgeting, vendor recommendations, moral support when I met with vendors, and day-of coordination.
True to her word, she was flexible working with me since I'd be in Houston a week or two at a time on vacation and wanted to pack a ton of things in before I'd be gone another 6 months. I'd say my challenge was I'd sometimes have to remind her I hadn't gotten a response from her yet, but she ALWAYS got back to me and the truth was I was stretching the limits of our contract so it really was a "fair-enough" situation.
I was very detail-oriented and wanted to make decisions on my own, but she had great advice and opinions to offer that I think made a difference. She was as good as we wanted her to be about budgeting, I was struggling with one vendor and asked her to intervene and that was how I finally came to anything resembling the budget I had been trying to work towards.
Loved her for the day-of coordination, absolutely worth it. My parents and my husband's parents really thought she was excellent making sure things went smoothly. No catastrophes occurred on her watch. Seemed to get along great with the venue and various vendors.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sara at Eventology Weddings did a very good job as a Day Of wedding planner. She showed up for rehersal the night before and efficiently ran the practice. The next day she was there in the morning and left around midnight and did everything needed. She was well worth the modest price she charges.

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

!! Wow !! What can I say? Kelly & her assistant were an absolute delight to work with. As a DJ/Production company it's always nice working with a coordinator who has a time line and knows how to stick to it as well as make adjustments to it on the spot... I would highly recommend her and her staff for ANY event. Way to go Kelly!!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014

Hello everyone,

It was such a wonderful experience I had with Kelly Balfour. I first saw her at my cousin's wedding, and all my family loved her work. So I booked with Kelly to help me with my wedding. Kelly handled everything gracefully and professionally. When I ran into issues with vendors she gave me very good recommendations for photographer, bakery and DJ. She referred me to one of the best DJs with a very reasonable price, and as a bride I could not have asked for anything more. Believe me when I say this because everyone enjoyed the music so much that they dance to end of the night. Most of the people attended my wedding and especially my father in law's family commented on how great the wedding went and everything was on time. Even my sister told me the next day Kelly did an excellent job. My husband and I had a great time working with Kelly. I am glad that I had Kelly there to help me for the night. We had such a wonderful night. Kelly has done dozens of Vietnamese wedding, and she is very familiar with the culture. In fact Kelly coordinated one of my friend's wedding one week before mine, and she is going to be working with my cousin for her upcoming wedding April next year as well. In short, If you want to have a great time at your wedding day, and You need a wedding planner I strongly recommend Kelly Balfour. Her work and her personality speaks volume, and the investment in hiring a wedding planner like her is very well worth it. We LOVE Kelly Balfour, and we absolutely recommend her to anyone. Love Tina & Tien.

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
Services Used: DJ, Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

First of all... Every bride must hire a wedding coordinator and Eventology is the way to go! Jennifer Nevins was my coordinator. She is absolutely wonderful!!! She's calming, sweet, returns phone calls and emails at lightning speed and she can get anything done that you ask her. My wedding ran flawlessly because of her. Jennifer is always one step ahead of the game and notices important details. She ran everything by me throughout the night and kept us on time. It even rained during the reception and she managed to keep all of the important things dry. She is incredibly organized and professional. My husband and I could not stop bragging on her after the wedding. I am so thrilled with Jennifer and Eventology.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kelly was an absolute god send! I could not have brought the vision to life of what I wanted my wedding to look like without her there to guide me. She gave her honest opinion when I really needed it and she was there to answer my many late night text massages when I had concerns. I am so happy that Kelly was my full service wedding planner and I would definitely recommend her to anyone getting married. She is the best and I guarantee that she will deliver the best!

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kelly was our day-of-coordinator and she was a vital part of our very smooth and fabulous wedding day! She was able to take all of my ideas and instructions and executed everything flawlessly. She also helped guide me along through the day and it was a relief to have her in the wings. Also, she made great suggestions on how to make the wedding day smoother and tie up loose ends. Lastly, her help during the end of night clean up was amazing. Because of her help, we were able to enjoy our day 100% and we are still day dreaming about how wonderful everything turned out. Thank you so much Kelly!!! We would recommend you to any couple planning their big day!

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Sara with Eventology made the wedding planning process less stressful and more fun. Her guidance and advice was incredibly valuable. As a bride who had no idea where to begin and didn't know much about some of the details that go into a wedding, Sara was my rock! She was a pleasure to work with and always available to answer questions. The weekend and day of our wedding Sara helped out with running errands and making sure all the vendors were set up and ready to go. Because of her expertise and professionalism I didn't have to worry about any of those little details on my big day. The wedding itself was flawless and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend Sara and Eventology for your Houston wedding!

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Kelly through Eventology Weddings for our wedding weekend coordinator. She was fantastic!! You have an initial meeting at time of booking and then again a month out. She was responsible for coordinating with our vendors & setting up the reception site the day-of. She took care of everything! Our reception went off without a hitch! I would definitely recommend using Eventology to any new bride. Even if you're planning your wedding yourself (which I did) having someone there the weekend of to coordinate, take care of set-up & any unforeseen issues was a God send! Many thanks to Kelly & her team! They do a great job!

• Wedding: 02/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kelly was wonderful! she made my wedding day seemless... It was so great to have her take over and organize my vendors the month before my wedding. I was able to de-stress and just enjoy my wedding party. Her advice on timeline and flow and all her recommendations on great affordable vendors was priceless. I highly recommend her services!

• Wedding: 01/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kelly provided wedding coordinator services for a couple of weeks prior to my daughter's wedding, including "the day of".
She gave me such peace of mind! I was able to enjoy the wedding and reception and not worry about a thing. Totally worth the money I paid. Thanks, Kelly!

Christi

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kelly was an absolute dream come true! There is just not enough I can say about her. I hired her for a planning month, plus the month leading up the the wedding and day of coordination. She put me in touch with some really great, affordable vendors and was there for me every step of the way. During planning, it was also the most stressful time of my life-in my last semester of college and student teaching while my fiance was living in another state. Every time I met with Kelly she was so kind and reassuring and made me feel organized and excited about the wedding. There were even times when I was crying (because of family issues and stress) and she would talk to me and calm me down--so sweet! The day of the wedding went off without a hitch because she was there to tell everyone where to be and what to do. It was great just being able to be with my family and friends and be excited and not have to worry about the little things. While on our honeymoon, my husband and I were talking about her--he asked me how much it was for her services, then stopped himself to say, "Whatever-- it wasn't nearly enough!" Trust me-- she is worth every penny!

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kelly is a fantastic wedding planner. I know, because before Kelly, I had an aweful one! We hired Kelly the month before the wedding and she saved the day for us! She is kind and caring and knew just what we needed to wrap up all the many loose ends to make the day the perfect wedding. She seamlessly picked up where the other planner left off without a hitch. She worked with all of the vendors I had contracts with and never missed a beat. She introducted me to a florist that jumped right in and between the two of them, the decorations were absolutely gorgeous.
She made the entire day go as smooth as glass and at the end of the evening, she sent us off to the after party and made sure everything got wrapped up including bringing all the presents, sign-in tree, and mailbox with all the cards to our room.
I would highly recommend Kelly to anyone who is even thinking about hiring a planner or someone who needs a miracle if your wedding is getting close.

• Wedding: 12/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This review is way overdue, as my wife and I just celebrated our one year anniversary a couple of weeks ago. Kelly was unbelieveably helpful during our wedding planning process and the event was even nicer than we could have possibly expected.

We hired Kelly to assist us starting about 10 months before our wedding, and she guided us through the entire process. We felt comfortable based on the reviews we read and our meetings with her that she would make sure everything was perfect. When I first walked into our reception and saw the setup, I couldn't believe how nice everything looked. Kelly delivered, and I would recommend her services to anyone.

The level of experience and professionalism she has is top notch, and she provides her clients with the best recommendations for every aspect of the wedding. I cannot imagine how different our wedding would have been without her help. Thanks Kelly!

• Wedding: 11/17/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Okay where do I start? It all began with the initial email...lol! Okay seriously though, Kelly Balfour is everything I hoped for in a wedding planner. She displayed concern for every thought/idea I might have had floating around in my head. If she didn't like something she was nice about letting you down easily and suggesting something that made you forget that idea altogether. Her name is known in the city and that I appreciated much. It let me know that she wasn't new to this. She suggested a number of vendors she's worked with in the past and it was the best decision I ever made using them for my event. I got to a point in planning where I was just like "whatever" you pick up. She was always good about reassuring me that everything would be nice and to my liking. She works with your budget whatever the number. Kelly is a pro and you can't go wrong. She's gets the job done...just try and have some kind of idea on what you think you want and she'll take care of the rest. TRUST ME!

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
713-409-5737
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards