Event Team Entertainment

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We decided to have a DJ at our wedding kinda late in the game. Event Team Entertainment was on our venue's preferred vendor list and they had good reviews so I contacted them. We were set up with Neil Kirkpatrick and Sam. Ours was a destination wedding so we had to do meetings via Facetime and email. Shawn and Neil were great at helping us get our timeline in order! We added a photo booth option and they even designed a photo template from our wedding colors and other elements from our wedding (like the invites and favors). Neil and Sam were not only great at playing exactly what we wanted but he kept everything moving. Many commented how the whole night was seamless. The photo booth was a really fun addition and they had a ton of props. The DJs were professional and really cool and friendly. They nailed the music. We had some unusual music requests and it was not a problem. I was very happy we made this decision. If you're thinking of an iPod wedding (like we were) just reconsider it for your own good...I know it saves money but you get what you pay for. Think about it...someone has to man that thing and nobody is reading the room to change it up, if needed. Do you really want to worry about that on your wedding day? I am convinced that day wouldn't have been as fun an stress-free as it was if we had to worry about an iPod all evening. Event Team Entertainment made our wedding fun and seamless...exactly what we needed. And they are very responsive...a quick response from a vendor is just what a stressed out bride needs. Thank you so much, guys! You helped make this one of the best days of my life and you were a pleasure to work with.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Jesse from event team entertainment was Awesome from our first meeting with him through our wedding and still weeks after the wedding. He played bridal trivia and helped us find music and even got some songs into the reception that we wanted for certain people including a bone thugs in harmony song and it fit perfectly. This company is awesome and Jesse Rocked.

Profile Picture
Marianne
01/18/2015

Jesse Bearden was our DJ. He has a great personality, and is non-judgemental when it comes to playing non-traditional and/or um, "interesting" song choices. He was really flexible with being able to meet in person, and very quick to respond via email/text/phone. Even though Jesse was our DJ, I did have contact with Shawn a few times (business end of things), and Shawn was great to work with as well.

Services Used: DJ

Working with Shawn and his team at Event Team Entertainment was a real joy! Shawn was professional from start to finish. He took the time to really get to know us and understand what it was that we were looking for. From the initial gathering, to the ceremony and through the conclusion of the reception the whole day seemed seamless. Shawn asked us a lot of questions along the way and the time and energy he put into our wedding showed in a big way. Shawn really is more than just a DJ and our wedding would not have been as perfect without him. All of our guests raved about ‘The DJ’ and the things he did to keep everyone engaged the entire day. We absolutely recommend Shawn! Thank you Shawn!

Services Used: DJ

Shawn and Jesse created the BEST dance party at our wedding! We danced the night away with our family and friends and every song was a crowd pleaser that kept the party going! After personally attending many weddings with bad noise and feedback issues, this was something I was worried about. The sound was perfect and flawless! The vintage microphone added a unique and awesome touch, especially in the photos. The subtle, yet mastered direction from Shawn was great to keep the crowd in the know and interested. We didn't really have anything planned for our exit and Shawn encouraged everyone to make a tunnel for us to run down....Seriously so fun and a great lasting memory with awesome photos at the end of the best night of my life. Thanks Event Team! We love you guys and highly recommend you and your team!

Services Used: DJ

We worked with Shawn Whittemore from Event Team Management. He was awesome. We had a huge choir and a bunch of musicians for our outdoor ceremony - and he took care of all the complicated sound needs (microphones, speakers, sound mixing, etc.) Shawn also took care of the sound needs for our live band during our reception. And then on top of that, he was a fantastic DJ and MC for the entire evening. He was personable and genuine, and found the flow and feel of our wedding with incredible ease. We highly recommend Shawn and Event Team Management!!

Services Used: DJ

Our DJ was Jesse Bearden and we could not have been happier with him. We got married at an outdoor venue on August 30, 2014. The ceremony, dinner and reception took place in 3 different locations/buildings and everything sounded great and transitions were seamless.

It poured for hours in the morning, so when Jesse arrived early to set up the sound, we had constructed Plan B at an indoor location. After he had everything set up and had done sound checks (and less than 2 hours before the ceremony was set to start), the sky started to clear up so we made a last minute decision to move the ceremony back outside. Jesse & team tore down their equipment and had everything set up outside in time for the pre-ceremony music and the ceremony was perfect!

We loved the music selection during dinner - it was appropriate, but not cliche. Jesse interacted great with the guests and made sure everyone knew what was going on and when. He kept the guests informed well and the sound for the speeches was great.

The highlight was the reception though. Jessie obviously listened when we talked through the types of music and party we wanted and he incorporated everything we had talked about leading up to the wedding. He played a wide variety of music - from hip hop to polka to country - and all of it was well-timed. There were people on the dance floor the entire night, right up until the closing song at mid-night when we had 30-40 people still out on the dance floor.

Multiple people commented to us after the wedding how much fun it was and how great our DJ was. We met with Jesse once in person a few weeks before the wedding (he came to us, which was super convenient) and we had follow-ups via email after that. We always felt like he had everything under control and he added no stress to the weeks leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding.

We would absolutely recommend Jesse and Event Team Entertainment and hope to be at a wedding they are working soon!

Services Used: DJ

Hiring Sean for our wedding was the smartest thing we did! Within our Romanian community it is very rare that we have DJ's at weddings, The norm is that a friend or family member of the couple will MC the event. We decided that we wanted to be risky and try something different! We didn't really know what to expect so we met with Sean (we had LOTS of QUESTIONS)! He was so patient and came prepared with lots of information on how he works! Boy, did that help!

Sean is very professional and he makes himself available to communicate easily! He responds to emails promptly! Sean made sure he was able to come to our rehersal and had his iPad with our songs for the ceremony ready. He stuck around until we were happy with everything!

On the day of the wedding Sean and his team came early to make sure everything was set-up to perfection. The photo station was also a hit with our guests! He made a template to match our wedding invitations, and had prints available for us, and each one of our guests! He had a ton of props available for our guests to have fun and express their silly side!

Sean knew how to capture the crowds attention! He spoke clearly with a pleasant voice so the guests would understand him! The music was played perfectly (not to loud and not to soft)! He followed our timeline and our requests of what needs to be done at the wedding! We had a few out of town guests that came from Australia and Romania and he made sure to make them feel extra welcomed! Everyone Loved Sean and his team, and at the same time they were expressing to us that it was a great idea to have a DJ! I think we started a good trend! Hopefully you will have lots of people contacting you Sean!

I also want to add that Sean and his team came dressed professionally, they were well groomed, and everyone always had a smile on their faces!

Profile Picture
Private User
08/23/2014

Having Shawn and his team be apart of our wedding was the best decision we made! Shawn literally made the wedding a hit! He was so professional, reliable and FUN! Everyone we talked to after our wedding couldn't stop talking about how incredible our DJ was! I would recommend him and his team to anyone looking for a fun DJ!

Services Used: DJ

Shawn was more than we could have ever imagined as an MC/DJ at our wedding. He went above and beyond to full fill special requests I had, he included my 6 year old in the reception, and had an amazing surprise for us at the end of the night that had the entire facility in tears. He even ran our dress rehearsal (as I had a family member perform our wedding and he had never done one either) and offered extremely valuable suggestions, including how to stand for the photographer and how closely we needed to stand to get a good sound for the videographer. You will breathe a breath of fresh air and feel the weight lift off your shoulders when Shawn hands you the list of everything he handles during the ceremony/reception at your first meeting with him... What I was really impressed by was that while Shawn is the owner and has employees to help since he is in such high demand, he doesn't just send his employees to do the work every time. He attends and facilitates every ceremony that he is able to (seems to be on first come first serve basis, so book him early!) We 10000000% recommend Shawn with Event Team Entertainment!

Services Used: DJ

Sean and his team were one of the best choices we made for our daughters wedding. Not only was he professional and creative, but he was also warm and had a great way of bringing a party to life. Would ask him to be a part of any future event that we are involved in.
Thank you, Sean. It was a pleasure working with you
Best,
Pat and Mary Brophy

Services Used: DJ

Shawn with Event Team was the DJ at our wedding and did a great job. He is very professional, reliable, and comfortable in front of a crowd. We were very impressed that he showed up for our dress rehearsal and had some helpful advice for the ceremony. On the day of our wedding he was there way in advance and had everything set up and ready to go. I had a few last minute song selections and he was flexible and let me hand him a cd the day of the wedding so those songs could be played. We would definitely recommend him to others!

Services Used: DJ

Hiring Shawn of Event Team Entertainment was a wonderful decision for us. He was professional, easy to work, and flexible. We gave Shawn pretty vague instructions for our playlist (start with oldies, move on to top 40s, keep people dancing) and he nailed it. I felt guilty when guests told me we had a great playlist, as it was all Shawn! We had guests dancing all night and our guests had a great time. We also did a great job of MC. I highly recommend Event Team Entertainment.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ

Super easy to work with. Flexible with our schedule. Perfect.

Services Used: DJ

I almost don't know where to start! We had some great vendors, but I have to say that Shawn blew our expectations out of the water more than anyone. In addition to being personable and a lot of fun to work with, he is also incredibly professional and will do anything in his power to ensure that your wedding is perfect.
From editing the first song of the night to a perfect 120 bps (which is apparently not too fast or too slow if you want people to get out of their seats to dance) to acting as our Master of Ceremonies, we couldn't have asked for anything more. Still, two more events of night exceeded even the highest of expectations.
The first thing was that my mom found an old recording of her father (who passed away 30+ yrs ago) playing a wedding song on the fiddle. She handed it to Shawn the night before our wedding in CD form which wasn't compatible with his system. I thought nothing would come of it, but during our wedding as my parents were walking up to the stage to make their toast, guess what song was playing? Shawn had re-formatted the song overnight and surprised all of us in that moment. My parents broke out in an impromptu dance for 30 seconds and the whole wedding was cheering. I don't think anyone knew that it was a surprise to all of us!
The second thing had to do with our last dance. Earlier in the day, Shawn had managed the audio for our ceremony. We start dancing to our last song (At Last by Etta James) and all of a sudden, I hear my groom's voice in the song. I thought he was up to something, but then I hear my voice. Shawn had recorded our vows and incorporated them into our last dance song within the 5 hrs since our ceremony! I had never even heard of a DJ doing that! It definitely brought us to tears and he sent us a copy to keep the very next morning.
Highly Recommend!

Services Used: DJ

I do not think a 5.0 perfect rating is a high enough rating for Shawn and Event Team Entertainment. He made our wedding function flawlessly. Even when a mic failed, he reached into his back pocket for a backup and no one even knew what happened. He was incredible keeping to our schedule but also flexible with us if things needed to be switched or delayed. His music selection was spot on for the crowd and kept the dance floor full from the first song to the last.