Event Professionals

Event Professionals

It Takes A Team Of Professinals, Proper Pre-Planning and Event Execution To Have A Successful Event

95 N. Arroyo Parkway

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had already booked our wedding venue (link: Cypress Sea Cove review) and the property owner gave us a recommended list of vendors. Several caterers were listed but Event Professionals caught our attention because they were also coordinators and planners. We had a thorough consultation with Donaji (owner) about what our vision and expectations were, and also what we needed help figuring out. She was so calm and professional, that we felt at ease that Event Professionals was right for us. She recommended that we return for a tasting, to experience a sample of their catering options and table arrangements. The food was excellent, and we thought it was great to meet their other recommended vendors for alcohol, DJ, and see what a florist could do for centerpieces. We were asked what sample table setup we’d like to see, centerpiece, and what food we’d like to try. There were other couples there and it was fun and informative to see the range of what they could do to fit different styles, themes, and tastes. We were hooked and had to book them. Donaji and her team were so great at always being available for additional consultations throughout the entire planning process, even answering late night emails the week and day of the wedding. There was no way we could have had such a memorable and successful wedding without Event Professionals, because there were moments our wedding could have derailed (late buses transporting our guests, late officiant, ceremony running over time), but she kept the whole day of events on track and caught us up to the planned schedule during dinner. We were not easy clients and had some non-traditional requests, but Donaji saw them all through. Event Professionals was worth every penny and then some. They worked with our budget but delivered high end luxury. Our guests cannot stop raving about the ceremony, the abundance and quality of food all throughout the day, desserts, and décor, and it was all thanks to Event Professionals. Donaji’

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Elizabeth
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can we say, Event Professionals went way above our expectations for a wedding caterer. Over the 12 months we worked with them on planning the wedding, they were overly professional, accessible and always going above and beyond to make sure everything was on track. We had Mariel as our coordinator (supervised by Donaji) who we give a 5 star recommendation to (anyone would be lucky to have her execute their wedding - she was fantastic)! Being a West Coast bride planning everything from the East Coast (currently from NYC), it is not an easy task. Mariel and the team took extra time out of their schedule to accommodate off-hour conference calls and meetings and took everyone of my ideas in stride. The execution was equally as flawless and the wedding went better than I can ever have expected. Everyone was raving all night about how good the food was and some of the best they have had at a wedding!

THANK YOU EP SO MUCH for helping to make our dream wedding a reality - we really couldn't have done it without you! Working with you was the best decision we could have made.

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I are 2 architects who designed and planned our own wedding with very limited budget and medium amount of experience. We had wanted more of an industrial/warehouse wedding to fit our 250 guests of family/friends/coworkers/kids/etc.- which meant we had to bring in everything from the chaffing dishes to the servers (what a good learning experience!). We came to EP about 2 months before our wedding with the intent of just renting tables and chairs. Donaji and her staff answered and addressed a lot of the things we didn't even think about (like the reality of timing, realistic amount of servers needed, when to serve the champagne, make sure we ate). Pretty much she worked with us on getting what we needed, working with our budget and always promptly responded to all of my emails. At the end of the day, EP supplied us the rentals, the servers, the banquet coordinator and endless amount of other leg-work that I couldn't do. Our guests still talk about our wedding in November- they say words like "beautiful, unique, fun, best wedding reception". That is because Donaji and her team made sure everything behind the scenes ran smoothly (no glass of water/wine was left empty, cake was served to everyone, everything was synchronized).

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the honor to have worked with Donaji and Event Professionals for our Wedding which was in October of this year. We've already seen their work as they did our brother and sis-in laws and as well as our good friends wedding. So at that point we knew we had to have them for ours!

We had our wedding reception at the Vibiana Los Angeles. The whole EP staff was awesome to work with as they were very professional, organized and creative. Mariel was pretty much our point of contact throughout the whole wedding preparation and she was so awesome! They made the whole planning process so much easier for us as they had everything planned to a "T"! We pretty much filled in the blanks with what we wanted. Mariel had everything down packed and on the day of, she was there to help out for our ceremony which ran very smoothly and on time! it seemed like whenever there was a question/concern she appeared within the next min with the situation taken cared of!

The venue looked amazing when my husband and I saw everything put together. Definitely had us speechless. Not to mention the food was delicious!! Our guests had a great time and it was definitely a day to remember. So happy to have Event Professionals be a part of making our day so special!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Stacey
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our coordinators on the day of were led by Nikki and supervised by Donaji - but we had constant contact with Mariel up until the day before our wedding.

They handled everything on the day of our wedding so that we didn't have to worry about a thing. Very responsive in terms of phone calls and emails. Our venue, Ambassador Campus, was also kind of a headache to deal with and EP is very very familiar with the venue so bonus points for that.

The day before our wedding, I had a major flip out moment when I arrived at our rehearsal. The entire property of Ambassador Mansions had been covered just hours ago in bright teal-green mulch. Apparently, they thought teal was the closest color to natural green grass. It looked like radioactive grass.

So, what is a bride to do when she has 12-hours to her wedding and she finds that her venue looks like a bizarre scene from a Dr. Seuss book? Well, luckily, our actual garden, the Fowler Gardens, only had a couple of minor teal patches that our coordinators were able to cover up after rearranging a few tables here and there. They also were able to move our cocktail hour from hilly grass area into the Japanese gardens so guests wouldn't notice the weird colored grass. It definitely helps to have day of coordinators who are very familiar with your wedding venue so that they can come up with solutions and alternatives fast and on the spot. Since Event Professionals also provided our food and rentals, everything was seamless on the day of.

There were some minor hiccups - which is why they didn't get a 5/5 rating from us.
1. The day before at rehearsal our main coordinator, Nikki, didn't really seem like she knew exactly what to do - she wasn't giving directions and just wasn't very informative overall. Mariel was much better.
2. The day of, we had three (I think) coordinators total and yet I couldn't find anyone to let me know what was going on when I was getting ready. No one to help with veil, bustle dress, etc.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words can not express my gratitude to Event Professionals for their amazing work - in fact without them I don't think we would even of had a wedding. We chose them originally as a caterer for our wedding located at my father in law's house however due to unforeseen circumstances we had to move it to a different location. Event Professionals, while just being our caterer and rental vendor, instantly gave us a ton of suggestions of places they work with and showed us a wealth of information so we could have an informed decision. We chose to go with Ambassador Campus and halfway through when we thought we would lose our reservation due to a new city ordnance restricting then number of times this venue could hold public events it was Event Professionals that saved us again since they were catering another event on the same location on the same day and told the city that our event is part of the first event (which wasn't cancelled since they reserved the location way before we did). We also utilized them for their day of planner who changed from one person to another right before the wedding - this made my fiancee panic as we really liked the first planner we were introduced to however the new planner (Mariel) was a godsend on the day of the wedding. Every single hiccup that happened throughout the day she was able to handle and even problems that I did not know about until after the wedding was taken care of by her. The wedding went by without a hitch, the setup that Event Professionals envisioned for us was beautiful, the food they served during cocktail hour and dinner was amazing, and the day of (although she helped months in advance all the way up to the wedding...) planner was friendly, knowledgeable, professional, and on top of EVERYTHING. Thank you so much Event Professionals - you guys are truly second to none in this industry.

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
Services Used: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Event Professionals were great! My husband and I decided to get married before his deployment, and with just 5 weeks to plan Event Professionals made it so easy. I received a ton of compliments on how beautiful the wedding was and how good the food was. I worked with Donaji and Sunny for the few weeks leading up to the wedding to decide on the menu, rentals, and layout. They went with me to the wedding location and immediately had a vision of what it could look like, with lighting, tables, etc. We did the ceremony and reception in the same place. They helped me come up with a schedule for the day of, and gave me great recommendations for vendors. They contacted my vendors before the wedding, and the day of were there to coordinate all of the details. It was perfect! The prices are also very reasonable and they work with your budget. I highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had no regrets using Event Professionals! They made us feel like they were 150% dedicated to our wedding even when they had a ton of other weddings going on. They were very helpful when we had a glitch come up with our venue. Would absolutely recommend their service.

• Wedding: 07/13/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Donaji and the rest of the Event Professionals team were incredible. If you are considering hiring them as your wedding caterer, stop considering and hire them now! Their pricing was significantly lower than all of the other caterers we looked at, but their food, service and attention was the best of the best. After we attended the free tasting we hired then immediately. My fiancé (at the time) said the ginger glazed salmon was the best he ever tasted! So we went with that and the tri-tip. Plus the raspberry salad, grilled veggies, roasted potatoes and macaroni and cheese! We also had an amazing taco bar for late night. We couldn't believe how great the food tasted the day of the wedding. It was executed to perfection and for 100 guests. Seriously impressive. Our guests raved about the food as well--especially the late night taco bar. This was by far the best food I've had at a wedding and most restaurants! Their staff was also professional and friendly. Also, our wedding was on a site with nothing, so EP had to bring in everything from the kitchen, to all of the furniture, etc. It was so helpful having Donaji's expertise when creating a wedding from scratch essentially. I can't recommend Event Professionals enough! Thanks for making our wedding "the best party we've ever been to" (in the words of my husband). Also, our wedding was featured on Green Wedding Shoes!!! http://greenweddingshoes.com/colorful-california-backyard-wedding-stefanie-leigh/

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

A really good friend recommended Event Professionals to us. After seeing my friends wedding I was really blown away with everything from their food, service, and rentals. So I had to hire them! My husband and I got married May 25, 2013 and it truly was a dream wedding for us. Everything was perfect that day. Donaji and her team went above and beyond for us. Definately book them you will not regret it!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
Suzette
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You want to talk about a DREAM come true. I wish I could relive this day over and over again. Our wedding was awesome, beautiful and romantic. Donaji, Dora, Mariel and Carisa were great to me, my wife and and my family. I can not express to you how much we enjoyed working with them. Everyone one on staff from their servers to their bartenders were excellent. I am soo glad we chose Event Professionals to cater/plan our event. The food was amazing!!! and the decor was beautiful. The attention to detail was amazing. We knew it from day one! Thank you!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! You guys are amazing!

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
Services Used: Catering, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 2.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Catering company booked for double wedding. Initial visit was impressive, owner seemed like she cared. As we got close to the wedding, things began to emerge that we were not made previously aware of and the execution of the catering the day of the wedding fell short of our expectations.
We were not aware that the nonalcoholic beverages would only be served at only one point during the entire day until two days before the wedding.
We pay an additional $5 for the vegans in addition to the $70 per person for the buffet. The vegan dish consisted of cold, undercooked pasta with little olive oil and olives. Some vegans, including bride's brother and close family friend did not get a plate. The vegans were not told that they could help themselves to the non-meat dishes at the buffet. Some vegans, including the vegan bride and brother did not eat.
We purchased a large cake ($1200) despite our coordinator warning us that we would have a lot of cake left over. Our coordinator was correct. By the time we got to the cake cutting part of the ceremony, the majority of our guests had left. The cake fed 167 (our final guest count was 144, however, we didn't achieve that at the start of the ceremony). At the end of the night, we had NO CAKE. THE CATERING STAFF LEFT WITH OUR CAKE! Several guests that witnessed this. Guests also witnessed a lot of cake sitting on the table towards the end of the night. This was troubling because no effort was taken to make sure we received a slice of cake (besides what was fed to each other during the cake cutting ceremony). Not even the top layer was preserved as tradition dictates.
None of the alcohol we purchased was left at the end of the night, and a family member witnessed a catering staff drinking directly out of one of the liquor bottles.
The company also provides rental equipment. We had a difficult venue owner that changed things at the last minute which required some last minute adjustments. In this area the company excelled.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Event Professionals provided the catering, bar service and decorations for our AMAZING double wedding held at a private venue in Malibu on October 6, 2012. Donaji and her staff along with our coordinator pulled off a SIGNIFICANT stressful last minute change from an indoor reception set up to an outdoor reception set up. At the last minute the venue owner refused to remove all of the furniture from the indoor area where we initially planned to hold the reception. Donaji and her team quickly came up with plan B to move the reception outdoors. The weather was so perfect! The staff set up the reception tables during the cocktail hour in such an organized manner that our guests were unaware of the last minute changes being made. We don’t feel any other caterer could have pulled this off with such poise and professionalism. Event Professionals transformed the venue into a magical breathtaking celebrity status event. Our guests raved over the fresh fruit beverages, especially the Kiwi, the delicious dinner buffet and the cocktails. They also commented the ginger glazed salmon, chicken marsala and risotto were a hit! My husband and I had attended tastings with several catering companies and EP’s food was by far the best tasting and the most reasonably priced. Overall, we are extremely pleased with the quality and service EP provided. We highly recommend Event Professionals and give them a 5 star rating. Thank you Donaji and EP for making our wedding day very special and memorable.

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Event Professionals is the perfect wedding coordinators, very professional and very creative. Thank you for the perfect wedding I will never forget how beautiful you made this special day for me...

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
Services Used: Catering, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot even begin to express the amount of joy I felt and experienced before, during and after my wedding!!! I got married on September 22, 2012 and I hate to brag but it was the most beautiful sight I had ever laid eyes on and it was all due to the lovely ladies of Event Professionals and staff!!! They made my wedding what it was and it truly was a blessing how perfect the day was! I did not have to lift a finger. Carissa was my coordinator the day of and no one could have done a better job than her! You hear all the horror stories of how the bride didn't enjoy her day because she was worrying about every detail and wasn't able to enjoy the meal or drinks. But to be honest, I enjoyed EVERY MINUTE of my wedding! there were times I was able to just walk to the back of the garden and look in astonishment at what a beautiful evening it was. Everyone was happy, the drinks were flowing and the food was exquisite!!! To this day I get compliments on what a beautiful ceremony and reception it was! The team at Event Professionals will NOT let you down!!! take it from me, if I was given a chance to go back and change anything, NOTHING would be redone! From the decorations to the ambiance, everything just flowed well and it was all thanks to our wonderful vendors and staff that made it fantastic!!!!

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Event Professionals executed my wedding plans flawlessly. From the moment I met Donaji, I knew I wanted her to cater our wedding because I just had this feeling that she really knew what she was doing, and that she would be able to work with me to execute my vision for the day. After trying out several vendors we decided to go with EP for catering and rentals as well as for our rehearsal and day of coordination, and I am soooo happy with this decision.

Mariel was our coordinator and she was great to work with. She was extremely easy to reach throughout the planning stages and was a calm professional presence on our wedding day. Whenever we had any questions, comments, concerns, or issues Donaji and Mariel were both extremely responsive and happy to help. I had a lot of detailed elements to both the ceremony and reception and Mariel made sure everything went exactly as planned with ease. And as for the FOOD, it was amazing! Our guests are still talking about the food a month later... especially the beef entree selection.

So ultimately, I recommend EP without hesitation. Their pricing, coupled with the quality of food, service, execution tactics, and professionalism make them one of the best in LA hands down. My wedding day ran smoothly and I didn't have to worry about anything thanks to Mariel, Donaji, and EP. Thanks ladies! You are rockstars in my book!

• Wedding: 08/25/2012