Event EQ, LLC

Audio Visual, Decorative Lighting, DJ, and Special Effects For Private Events

9520 Gerwig Lane
Suite T
Columbia, MD 21046 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Big Band, Dance, Funk, Hip ...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married on 3/30/13 and Jag really made the party happen! He was VERY professional, and needed 0 guidance as he knows exactly what to do to make everything fun.

Our sound system was perfect, exactly what we wanted. You get what you pay for (and you definitely pay a lot with Event EQ), but it is worth the money! Would certainly hire them again (and in fact we are for my sister's wedding next month).

• Wedding: 03/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent job by jag as always. Lighting and esp cherry bloom impressions were fabulous.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I first heard of Event EQ from a friend who called me DURING a wedding she was attending to let me know how amazing the DJ was. That DJ was Jag from Event EQ, and my friend was not lying about how great he was.

From the initial decision-making phase, Jag was so patient with answering all my questions and provided me with a detailed, honest, explanation for the reasons why Event EQ was more expensive then other DJs I was looking into. I could tell he knew what he was talking about and I never once felt like I was being cheated.

In the end we decided to book Event EQ for DJ and Lighting services, and we are so happy with our decision. Jag was extremely professional throughout the whole planning process, he valued our feedback and concerns, but also told us his honest opinions about what would work best in our venue. Our planner loved working him as well and also praised him and his staff for their professionalism.

Event EQ delivered on their promise to provide us with the highest quality service on our wedding day. The lighting at our venue was stunning and exceeded our expectations, our jaws dropped when we walked in for the first time! As for the music, let's just say that the only reason people sat down was because their feet were hurting from all the dancing. Jag had our guests on the dance floor until 1am when we were finally told by our venue to shut the party down.

Our guests are still raving about the DJ services and lighting at our wedding. We are so happy with our decision to go with Event EQ and would highly recommend their services for any new bride and groom planning their wedding!

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Event EQ did the sound, lighting, and DJ services for our ceremony and reception, and did an AMAZING job. At one point during our ceremony I was listening to the priest and thought to myself “Wow, he has a really loud voice” and then I realized that he actually had a microphone on him, but the quality of the sound was so clear that it sounded like he was just speaking!

Jag made our reception look and sound amazing. The reception was at Andrew Mellon Auditorium which is not an easy place to light, and even harder for sound. I really liked 2 looks for the room, and Jag was so amazing that he was able to do both and provide a more natural look with amber lighting in the beginning of the reception and a more purple/blue lighting towards the end. Jag was able to project paisley patterns in the front of the room and on the ceiling that made the room look stunning. A few of our friends had been to this venue for before, and they all said that they had never seen the room look this nice.

The sound quality of the speeches and music for the reception was also incredible and so clear. Our venue is not an easy place for sound because it has 65 ft tall ceilings, but Jag is so experienced that it wasn’t an issue. Jag had the dance floor packed until it was time to leave. He played our favorite songs, but also read the crowd so well and had our parents, relatives and friends dancing all night.

Jag is also such a nice person and so helpful and didn’t get annoyed with the million questions that we had for him. He listened to our vision for the wedding and reception and took the time to explain every line item in his proposal. I am so thankful to Jag for making our event so beautiful. He is definitely the best around, and with Event EQ you have nothing to worry about. Their work quality, professionalism, and customer service is outstanding and they genuinely care about your event. I would HIGHLY recommend Event EQ to everyone for sound, lighting and a DJ!

• Wedding: 07/14/2012
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
ABD
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used eventEQ for our up-lighting, stage lighting, DJ, and sound. Everything made our day even more special. The lighting in our ballroom was gorgeous. We also had extra lighting around the dance floor for a more fun atmosphere. The DJ, Jag, was great. He played everything we asked for and kept the vibe going. The dance floor was never empty!

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I contacted multiple lighting vendors and EventEQ was by far the easiest to work with in regards to ideas and budget. I did the walk through of the ceremony site (Clarendon Ballroom) with Jag and he had so many awesome ideas how to make the place look amazing for wedding ceremony and reception. I communicated with Jag throughout the whole process and he was quick to respond to all my questions and made great suggestions that didn't compromise the feel I wanted when I had to reduce the lighting budget. I am so happy how the lighting turned out and it was worth every penny!

• Wedding: 04/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jag and his team are absolutely PHENOMENAL!!! Not only is he the nicest guy in the world to deal with, but they are extremely professional, prompt, and hardworking. I cannot believe the number of times I asked Jag for little changes, or even to send me Mp3s of my favorite music - he always responded immediately. Jag and Ravi took my very small sample song list and played the best music ever - in fact, my friends were sad to have to leave the dance floor at 2:30AM!! Event EQ also did our lighting for the event and it made the entire decor shine!! Lighting is incredibly important and no one compares to these guys. You can check out our pictures in the Washington Post! I would recommend Event EQ and Jag to anyone that asks and I wish I could do my wedding all over again just to use them one more time!

• Wedding: 12/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

EventEQ was absolutely fantastic to work with. Their professionalism and production cannot be beaten. I would use them for all future events for sound, lighting and music. Thank you for making our wedding a memorable experience and we will always be grateful for your services.

• Wedding: 11/11/2011
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

EventEQ is AMAZING. Their work is flawless and they make any venue look unique and beautiful. Their staff is kind and professional. They will go out of their way to meet with you multiple times and make sure everything is PERFECT!! I have been to several weddings in which EventEQ was the main vendor, and each wedding is different and amazing! The music is also great - unlike many DJs, they actually listen to your song requests and go-with-the-flow to make sure people keep dancing :)
I must give a shout-out to Jag Singh for being an amazing part of our wedding. His flawless detail and caring personality makes you feel very comfortable on your big day :) Thanks Jag!!!

• Wedding: 06/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words cannot even do Jag and the whole EventEQ team justice. Jag provided my husband and I DJ and Lighting services for our wedding and reception this past Memorial Day Weekend. To say we were shocked and stunned to the point of tears is even an understatement. I, as the bride, was on complete sensory overload when I walked into my wedding and then again in my reception. The lighting was key and integral to creating the whole ambiance of the events. We had about 350 people attend our wedding and reception - some say that is too many people and will not allow for an intimate wedding. I would say, not if you hire Jag! We still have people commenting on how warm and intimate the event was and this was largely due to the ambiance that Jag and his team helped to create. The lighting changed right down to the item in the program to set the mood - it was softer colors when my father and i had our father-daughter dance and it was BRIGHT and loud colors when my husband and I made our first entrance as husband and wife. The music followed along with this. Jag listens to what his clients want and provides sound recommendations for what will work well and not well based on his past experience. This is wildly important to have from a vendor because they are the experts! Jag exemplified the true meaning of "customer service." I have never experienced customer service to this level. He listened to us, he provided great feedback, and he provided the service in a way that you would have thought this was his OWN wedding - perfection! I would recommend Jag to ANYONE looking for DJ or Lighting services. He is an absolute pleasure to work with and an exceptional person and friend. Thank you again, Jag and EventEQ! :)

• Wedding: 05/28/2011
Services Used: DJ, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It's hard to encapsulate the value of Jag and his team at eventEQ. Somethings are priceless - and in many ways, Jag and his team helped to make our wedding not only fun and memorable for us, but memorable for all of our friends and family - memories that will last a lifetime!

Not only did Jag provide his expertise as an event designer and DJ; his professionalism, dedication, and true love for what he does made our lives significantly easier as we were planning our wedding. I could talk about his amazing ability to read the crowd, or his ability to pro-actively coordinate with our other vendors on our behalf, but that would not truly capture the value he brings to an event. Rather what I would like to say is that during our event, Jag was more than a vendor, he was a friend.

We had a number of great vendors during our event, but it's rare to have a vendor that you would have been willing to pay MORE for. I really can't say enough about eventEQ - I'm just hoping that I have an opportunity to plan another event with these guys!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Unique Services (Other)
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jag went out of his way to make our engagement party and wedding reception amazing! Jag and his team had limited equipment availability during our wedding due to other bookings but Jag was able to use his connections and get us an amazing setup that included sound and lighting. Our guests were amazed at the quality of lighting and music provided EventEQ. We could not have asked for a better DJ!!! THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR SPECIAL DAY MORE MEMORABLE!!!

• Wedding: 08/01/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jag is an artist. He took our playlist and wove a brilliant and seamless fabric of extraordinarily clever mixes and transitions. He occasionally snuck in an unexpected track that surprised and delighted the throng. He managed to surprise the crowd again and again throughout the course of the evening as evidenced by the screams, sweat, laughter and the sore feet the next day. The greatest testament to Jag’s skill was the fact that ALL of our guests hit the dance floor for the first set and most never left!

Of note, our dhol player for the baraat did not show. It was a moment of panic but Jag managed to burn a wonderful CD in a matter of minutes and saved the day. Big props for that. Jag took our selections for the Hindu ceremony and executed it perfectly - on cue and with ease.

Jag and Event EQ not only provided the music but the lighting for the reception. While we gave only limited direction and vision, they developed an magical atmosphere for dinner and a superb setting for a dance party.

• Wedding: 07/31/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

EventEQ is an outstanding organization, and Jag Singh is an outstanding DJ. We have only positive things to say about the quality of service we received from Jag and his team. In addition to outstanding sound equipment and an endless music selection, Jag was incredibly responsive to our requests and vision for the wedding. In addition to DJ services for our reception, Jag also DJ'd a very fun Baraat and provided both North and South Indian songs by request during the wedding ceremony --- by the way, the baraat, ceremony, and reception were all in different locations.... The quality of service was outstanding and our guests had very high praise for the DJ. Also, although my wife and I wanted a more simple reception, Jag surprised us with some great lighting effects that were very tasteful. You can't go wrong with EventEQ.

Btw, I often read these reviews and wonder if the company puts the writers up to saying positive things. I can assure our review is legit. We live in New York and had to correspond with EventEQ via email and phone primarily. That said, they proactively walked our venues with the staff and our family in the DC area and worked with our wedding day decorator seemlessly.

One other thing to note - when my wife and I got married, one element of the wedding that we both cared about deeply was the quality of the music and also the sound - there's nothing worse than a sound system that deafens guests or fails to get a crowd going. Also, we were very particular about the music - we selected a song list of hip-hop, oldies, and southern rap that we wanted to dance to later in the night. If you give Jag and his team time to prepare and let them know what you want, they are super responsive to making the wedding great. Our reception was an awesome party thanks to Jag.

We owe Jag Singh and EventEQ a big thanks for helping make our wedding so much fun. I had only heard about EventEQ from our wedding planner and reviews like this, so I was nervous at first. But this team is very professional and impressive. We wish these guys the utmost success because they deserve it.

• Wedding: 05/30/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had heard about Jag and EventEQ from numerous people when I was researching DJ's for my wedding. I could not have made a better choice! I was so impressed with him; he is so responsible, easy to work with, and always responded to my emails and calls so quickly and efficiently. He gave the best suggestions I could have ever asked for. I learned that planning a wedding is so time consuming and intensive, and every small detail needs to be in place. His attention to details and his amazing and accomodating personality made the process so much easier for my family and I. At the wedding and reception, the introductions were flawless. The music was exactly what the crowd was looking for. It seems like Jag can just look at a person, and know what kind of music he/she would enjoy! Everyone gave my family SO many compliments about choosing Event EQ and asked us for his number for their events!! Jag's services are truly the best I have ever encountered and recommend him to anyone planning an event. I can promise, that you will always be pleased with the company and everything will go the way you want it to! Thanks for everything EventEQ and we cant wait to see you at my sisters wedding (we are praying sooner the later!!!)

• Wedding: 04/24/2010
Services Used: DJ, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We initially heard about Jag through our decorator and kept hearing about him through all the other vendors and decided to give him a call. We were pleasantly surprised by his portfolio and decided to hire him for our wedding. Jag was very pleasant, flexible and easy to work with throughout the planning and on the actual wedding weekend. He was very responsive to all our calls/emails and gave us excellent suggestions for songs for different parts of the weekend. He was able to work around our schedule and meet us late night to finalize all the music details of the wedding and needless to say the events were flawless. Most importantly, all of our guests enjoyed the music and sound effects throughout the night.

We highly recommend hiring Jag for your wedding festivities.

Astha & Rohit

• Wedding: 04/03/2010
703-597-4710
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards