Enduring Promises Inc

Imagine. Create. Celebrate.

17-7000 Mcleod Road
Suite 315
Niagra Falls, ON L2G 7K3 | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband Clive and I were lucky enough to connect with Jim Emerson from Enduring Promises after deciding that a religious ceremony was not for us. We were both nervous about this decisions, but after meeting with Jim for a consultation were he took us through their full online planning process and he even spent over an hour with us discussing the different ideas he had seen and how we could still have a very beautiful, sincere and personalized wedding without it taking place in a church. We were completely sold after this meeting and enjoyed the process of creating our own ceremony that was unique to us. With this planning tool you can do as much or as little of the wording as you like and this all comes with your wedding package (which by the way is very affordable).

The day of the wedding Jim was amazing. He was kind to all of the guests and had everyone excited before the ceremony had even began. Jim spoke beautifully and brought true emotion into his words. He kindly prompted us throughout the ceremony and gave us kind words of encouragement as the ceremony went on. You can tell that this is truly a calling for Jim and not just a job. We were lucky enough to stumble upon Jim for our wedding, so after reading this don't be silly enough to miss out on having him officiate your wedding :)

Thanks Jim!

- Rachel & Clive

Hi Rachel and Clive

Following your ceremony, several of your guests came up to me to say how much they enjoyed the unique and personal nature of the ceremony you created. One gentleman informed me that your ceremony was the most meaning wedding ceremony he had aver attended.

Presenting your fathers with a special engraved pen when they came forward to sign as your witnesses and the gift of a necklace to your mothers in appreciation of their love and support over the years was truly a magical moment that was not lost on your guests - there wasn't a dry eye in the venue!

Atlantis proved a beautiful backdrop for your ceremony, which your guests will no doubt remember for many years to come.

May I wish you continued love and happiness as you begin your married life. ~ Jim

• Wedding: 11/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jim Emerson exceeded our expectations and made us feel very at ease and took away any stresses or nerves we may have had. He worked exceptionally well with our wedding planner, interacted with our wedding party and parents - at the Rehearsal and Wedding. Our ceremony was memorable and the personal touches Jim suggested were appreciated. We appreciated Jim's suggestions and ideas and that he didn't push his own agenda upon us, rather emphasized this was our day and encouraged us to do what we thought was fitting for our Ceremony. Always open to feedback and comments, Jim made sure we were happy with the direction we were going. The Wedding Console was an absolute dream for us and helped us and feel confident about building our Ceremony together. It was super easy to use & well organized. We liked the review process and felt very prepared in this important aspect of our wedding planning. Jim guided and consulted with us throughout each stage of building our ceremony narrative.

Enduring Promises was excellent to work with and upon our first consult with Jim, we felt like we were in the right hands working together. Any interactions we had with Jim, reaffirmed we had made the right decision. Jim in particular was perfect for us and we felt a connection throughout the process up. We saw Jim as our guide / wedding ceremony mentor & friend. We would recommend Enduring Promises, particularly Jim Emerson to any couple wishing to find a special Officiant who is professional, experienced, personable and has a warm & genuine character.

Enduring Promises Inc responded with the following comments:

Wow, thanks Tina and Jim.

I thoroughly enjoyed being part of your wedding cerebration at the Trump Toronto Hotel. You chose a fantastic venue and created a very personal and memorable wedding ceremony. I am sure your guests know that they were attending a very special celebration and not just "another wedding".

Again, I wish you both much joy and prosperity as you begin your life's adventure together. ~ Jim

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
Martina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Jim Emerson was absolutely the best officiant we would have ever hoped for. Made us feel completely comfortable and everyone at the wedding absolutely fell in love with him!

Hi Katy and Andrew

The Fermenting Cellar was the perfect location to celebrate your commitment to one another.

I thoroughly enjoyed helping you create a truly personal ceremony that was a reflection of your personalities and values. Your families and friends added so much to your celebration and clearly care deeply for you both.

I wish you great happiness as you begin your life's journey together. ~ Jim

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
Andrew
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was helping my father with his wedding ceremony and spoke to a very lovely lady from Enduring Promises over the phone, who was very helpful with booking the wedding date.
Jim was selected to be the officiant for the wedding. He was very thorough and helpful. He explained everything in detail, and gave some great suggestions for the ceremony. I would highly recommend Enduring Promises/Jim, you can definitely see his passion in marrying two people who were meant to be. Thanks again!

Hi Naomi

As you say, Benjamin and Tess are meant to be together.

By including your siblings in their wedding ceremony, it was a reflection of your families' love, respect and unconditional support of their marriage.

Thank you for inviting me to share in their happiness. ~ Jim

• Wedding: 11/09/2014
Naomi
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you Enduring Promises for making our day perfect. We chose Belma Vardy as our officiant. She conducted herself with extreme professionalism and a warm heart. Her smile was captivating and put everyone at ease. Belma, you exceeded our expectations. When I had a small breakdown due to a family problem just minutes before my entrance, you gave me the strength and courage to walk down the aisle to meet my beloved groom. We can't thank you enough for your time in helping us create a special day. The template from Enduring Promises was easy to use and meant a lot as we were able to create our day the way we wanted to. It helped us to stay organize for our day as we knew what to expect. We will definitely be recommending you to other couples. Thank you again, Pamela and Sean

Dear Pamela and Sean,

Thank you for your kind words. It was such a privilege to officiate at your wedding. I thoroughly enjoyed helping you create a very memorable and personal ceremony.

Pamela, you looked absolutely beautiful coming to the front and the boys were amazing!

I wish you both much joy and happiness as you journey and grow together throughout the seasons of your lives.

Thanks again. ~ Belma

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike did an amazing job for our wedding. Well organized, professional, prompt responses to our questions. The website you use to create your ceremony is fantastic - easy to use and very handy. He made everything so easy for us. Great presence, all our family and friends were commenting on how good a job he did with the ceremony.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We loved our officiant Rinette. She totally got us. We had a very non-traditional ceremony on a rooftop with a lot of modern musical elements and she completely set the tone. People were cheering which is exactly what we wanted. She was also very helpful with all the wording for the ceremony because we basically wanted to write everything and she was always available for advice etc. I would highly recommend her, she really listens to what you want and gets to know you as a couple!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We met with Jim Emerson and knew he would be a perfect officiant for us. He was very helpful in providing advice around the ceremony and ensured it stayed true to us. We couldn't have been happier with how the ceremony turned out. Some guests even thought he was a family member because of how comfortable he was with us (and vice versa). His light touch, humour and sincerity were a perfect combination. Highly recommend the company, and Jim in particular.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We had a small ceremony with Brian Manuel as our officiant. Right from the start he was very professional, and keen to work with us to make our day exactly what we wanted. We had aboslutely not stress during our planning or on our wedding day thanks to Brian taking the lead.
All of the guests spoke very highly of his professionalism and how he carried out the ceremony.

The company Enduring Promises uses a module/planner to allow you to design your own ceremony with your own words, or very well worded suggestions from them. Brian helped along the way and always added his own ideas to make the ceremony flow.

Overall it was a great experience, I would recommend Brian and Enduring Promises to anyone, it was top notch service for a competitive price.

Hi Zaneta and Collin,

Thank you for the very kind words. It was an honour to serve you at your wedding celebration and Le Select Bistro. I enjoyed spending time with your family and meeting some of your friends. From all the feedback I heard, your guests thoroughly enjoyed the personal and unique ceremony you created.

Again, I wish you much happiness, contentment and friendship over the years. ~ Brian

• Wedding: 10/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike Van Slingerland was absolutely amazing. He was our officiant for our wedding yesterday, and I can't say enough good things about him. He was professional and kind, passionate, and had a wonderful presence. He was very reassuring - which is always important when you are feeling stressed and anxious about a big event, and made us feel very comfortable with everything. Our guests thought he was amazing and many of them approached us after the ceremony complimenting him, and asking us where we found him. They loved his personality and how he made our ceremony fun and romantic. He suggested several elements that we ended up incorporating into our ceremony, which made it even more special. We would highly recommend Mike in the future as we gave us exactly what we wanted for our special day!

Dear Claire and Michael

It was an honor to serve you at Hilton Garden Inn this past weekend. Your ceremony was very unique and memorable a pleasure to officiate. You created a very personal ceremony by incorporating several unique elements into it.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your big day. I wish you continued happiness. ~ Mike

Claire
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Review of Mike Van Slingerland: Amazing summarizes Review of Mike Van Slingerland: Amazing summarizes our experience. Mike was recommended to us as a referral. On our first meeting we mentioned to Mike that we hoped we would have a unique ceremony. When we met with Mike two weeks before the wedding day, we handed him a very complex ceremony and script. Mike was surprised by the complexity but was up for the challenge -- his most challenging ceremony out of 5000 he has already completed. Mike exceeded our expectations by being professional, supportive, providing advice and information to make our ceremony a success. We really wanted to have our family and friends involved and feel like they all had a part of the ceremony. Mike was incredibly energetic and enthusiastic and able to get everyone involved. Without any hesitation, we strongly recommend Mike to any couple looking for an officiant.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Our officiant was Jim Emerson. He was amazing! Our wedding day went perfect and it's all thanks to Jim's professionalism and organization. The program that Enduring Promises uses to help set up your ceremony is so user friendly, and allows you to create your own unique wedding. Jim was always readily available to answer all of our questions and provide us with wonderful feedback. We had an absolutely stress free day, Jim was very helpful in keeping the flow of the day on track. He was very engaging to our guests and very calming to work with. I would highly recommend anyone looking for an officiant to seek out Enduring Promises, and specifically ask for Jim Emerson! Thank you so much for making our day so memorable!

Hi Lori and Ryan

It was a great day of celebration for you as well as your guests. I thought that the two Jennifers did a wonderful job with the readings you gave them and your vows were very personal and matched your personalities to a tee.

I received several compliments from your guests on the ceremony you created and I know that they were fully engaged throughout your ceremony - cell phones were never a problem!

Again I thank you for the invitation to celebrate with you and wish you much happiness together. ~ Jim

• Flexibility: 5.0

Our officiant Ron Shantz from Enduring Promises was, in a word, fantastic.

From the moment we met with Ron, we had a great comfort level with him that allowed us to focus on every other aspect of the wedding without having to worry about the ceremony.

Ron is patient, kind and had great suggestions about how we could customize our ceremony to our own needs. When it came to the rehearsal, Ron helped to reduce our anxiety with a thorough walk through that eliminated any ambiguity as to what we could expect on our big day.

At the ceremony, everything went off without a hitch, and Ron was excellent.

At Enduring Promises, they allow couples to full customize their ceremony with an easy to use online 'ceremony console.' This allowed my wife and I to eliminate some sections of the wedding we didn't want, and to add personalized touches to make it our own unique experience.

Enduring Promises was great to work with, and the communication we had with them was seamless and without any issues. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an officiant.

Olia and Adam,

I was truly delighted and honoured to serve you and your families on the most joyous day of your lives.

The ceremony you created was a wonderful expression and true reflection of you as a couple. Having your family members participate in your ceremony added such a personal and meaning meaningful touch to your celebration.

I wish you all the best, and blessings that life has to offer. ~ Ron

• Flexibility: 5.0

Enduring Promises was recommended to me by my photographer and I could not have been happier with them, and would definitely recommend them to everyone.

Mike was our officiant and from the very beginning, we knew we were in good hands. He guided us through the different ceremonial elements and made some great suggestions based on what we were looking for in our own ceremony. He was quick at responding to questions and went above and beyond by recommending other vendors to us whenever we asked.

With Mike we never had to worry about the ceremony, that was probably one of the areas were I didn't have to spend so much time preparing for because Mike had taken care of it all.
On the day of, he guided us through the ceremony flawlessly and really looked after us, which when you're nervous and overwhelmed is invaluable.

The best part though was that he brought an air of calmness, warmth and personality to our ceremony. He engaged with our guests during the ceremony and made it feel really intimate and personal, and not stuffy, which is exactly what we had wanted. He also made sure that he wasn't in the way of our photos during the ceremony, which makes all of the difference in your photos.

I can't thank Enduring Promises enough for making our ceremony so perfect!

Hi Tatiana and Jeff

It was my honor and pleasure to serve you at Arta Gallery this past weekend.

Your romantic candlelit ambiance was a perfect backdrop to your ceremony. Thank you for the privilege of being able to serve you and your families.

May you continue to enjoy the adventures of life and your future together. ~ Mike

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVED Rinette! We had an outdoor ceremony with over 150 people and Rinette was able to make the ceremony feel intimate and personal. The online tool has a lot of resources to help you plan the perfect ceremony. Our guests loved how warm and personable Rinette was and said it was a perfect representation of us. Rinette was great at giving us feedback on our personal vows and ceremony as a whole. We had a non-denominational wedding, but there was no shortage of love and personality. The price is also one of the best you can find and they had no problem working Thanksgiving Sunday (and didn't charge extra). Absolutely great!

Enduring Promises Inc responded with the following comments:

Thank you Elisa for your incredibly kind words!
It was such an honour to be a part of your wedding celebration!

I loved how you included not only both your goddaughters as readers - but also Onyx, your dog, had a special part to play! Your wedding party was a wonderful group of people and your celebration was a wonderful one.

May you have an incredibly happy marriage filled with smiles, contentment and gluten-free pancakes!
~Rinette

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
Elisa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike Van Slingerland was an outstanding officiant at our ceremony. Our guests are still raving about how great he was at officiating our wedding - my brother even asked him right then if he's available for his May wedding! My husband and I felt we were in the best of hands through the entire ceremony planning process and knew that aspect of the wedding was one area we had no reason to worry about at all. Mike was enthusiastic, professional and extremely engaging for the audience. We would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant for their big day!

Dear Stephanie and Justin

It was an absolute privilege serving you and your family on your wedding day at the Burroughs. I am sure that your guests appreciated how much time and effort you invested in making your vows books. It is a testimony to the strength of your commitment and relationship.

On behalf of Enduring Promises and myself, we wish you much joy and prosperity throughout your marriage. ~ Mike

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
289-434-4822
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards