Enchanting Looks

Enchanting Looks

Favorite
Hampstead, NC
760.521.2836
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Elizabeth was so nice and was very quick to respond to my emails! She was also very accommodating to what I needed for my wedding! She traveled to my hotel to do my hair. The hairstyle that she did for me was so beautiful and was exactly what I wanted! She was very sweet to my bridesmaids and they all loved her and my hair, as well! I would definitely recommend Elizabeth to anyone!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Elizabeth styled hair and did airbrushed makeup for my daughters wedding, she did the bride, all her bridesmaids, moms and and aunt. She arrived early in the morning and stayed on her feet all day. Her work is magnificent, she created beautiful hair up dos and flawless makeup. I heard several guests say the girls looked liked models. As mom running in and out all day setting up in the heat and humidity I thought my makeup would be a mess, but it was sweat proof and looked great, and she would fix and readjust our hair until it was just the way we liked it. She even did some cosmetic work to cover some scarring,1st time I've worn short sleeves in many yrs. She was truly a joy to spend the day with and made the day even more enjoyable. I hope to be able to take lessons from her at some point when we're visiting Wilmington this yr.

Michelle
07/08/2014

Elizabeth was absolutely wonderful! My hair had never looked better. She went above and beyond to make me beautiful for my special day. She also did a great job on my bridesmaids hair. Great personality and very sweet. Highly recommend her.

Enchanting Looks responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the awesome review, Michelle! You and your family were so sweet and fun to style! You looked BEAUTIFUL and you had such a "deeply in love" glow that made you even more beautiful. I hope you and your husband have a lifetime of wonderful vacation memories in Topsail Beach! <3

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I was so lucky to have Elizabeth style my hair & makeup for my wedding day and my bachelorette party! She did an amazing job at making me look and feel beautiful on both days & they were completely opposite looks. I was so happy with both looks!! & it's something I still notice in my wedding photos! For the bachelorette party I wanted an intense smoky eye with full and sexy curls. She obviously has a lot of experience working with different hair types & knew how to work with my hair to keep it looking great all night! For my wedding day I had a very natural & sweet look with a sleek & full updo. Elizabeth picked the perfect lip color for me, which I loved! I wanted to look flawless and natural for the wedding. She clearly knew how to create both looks perfectly and listened to every request I made! My skin looked perfect (airbrush makeup is so worth it!) & my hair never moved an inch!

The preview is also definitely worth it. I told Elizabeth what type of hairstyle I wanted at my preview & it turned out even better than I imagined. She knew exactly how to tweak little things to get it perfect & was happy to make all the changes I requested. After she did such a great job at my preview & bachelorette party, I didn't feel stressed or worried at all about my look for my wedding day! She was professional, on time, super friendly, & she worked so quickly! Each of my bridesmaids were extremely happy with their looks too! Elizabeth even knew how to adjust & work with extensions on of my bridesmaids. She had three VERY different skin types to work with but that was no problem!

Her prices are great too! She's not cheap, but neither are her looks. Hair & makeup is not something you want to skimp on for your wedding day! & no other stylist I've been to even compares to Elizabeth! Plus, I got a free touch up kit that literally had everything I needed for the night, including my perfect shade of lip stain to keep! Seriously, I just can't say it enough. I was so impressed!!

Enchanting Looks responded with the following comments:

Well, I have to admit Pamela, this review actually made me tear up a little bit. Thank you so much for your kind words and sweet review! It was such a pleasure to work with you as well, on both occasions and I am so sincerely happy you loved your look. Knowing that I can make a bride feel so beautiful on her big day, is the whole reason I am in this business. You were an absolute joy to work with and I am grateful to have been a part of your big day. I wish you and your handsome groom a lifetime of happiness and I can't wait to see all the wedding pictures!

05/03/2014

PROS:
-Will come to you (on site styling)
-AMAZING at hair styling (from moms to bridesmaids and myself (the bride), we had awesome hair that lasted all day from 6am-2am!)

CONS:
-A bit pricey in comparison to other similar vendors
-Not that good at makeup application. At my trial, she never filled in my brows (I looked like they were whited out) and the colors I requested she use didn't happen. I told her I was very comfortable with full out glam, and when I was done, my fiance said "well, you look very natural..." I ended up doing my own makeup for my wedding. My bridesmaid chose to have her makeup done because she hates doing her own, and the same thing happened with the brows (my bridesmaid touched up her makeup herself before we were done); however, her makeup did look way better than mine did at my trial. Maybe I'm just very particular.

Enchanting Looks responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the compliments on my hair styling skills. I'm sorry to see that you were not happy with your makeup application. At the preview I definitely recall asking you many times if there was anything you wanted changed or done differently. I also asked that to each person I styled in your bridal party, as it is always my goal to ensure each person is completely satisfied. Neither yourself nor your bridal party mentioned anything about the eyebrows, so I'm disappointed that came out as a "con" in your review. Makeup is very tricky, as your idea of glam might be much more intense than my idea of glam, just as your idea of natural might not match my idea. That is why I always highlight the importance of communication. As long as you can communicate to me that you want something darker, more intense, lighter, brighter, etc, then I will make it happen. It's unfortunate that there was not enough feedback from you and your bridal party to ensure satisfaction. My goal is always to leave everyone completely happy with their look, so as long as you say it's not quite right, I will work until it is exactly what you want. However, that is something that does take feedback from the client, and if they say they love it, I tend to take that at face value. I'm sorry you didn't feel comfortable enough to vocalize your complaints to me that day, as I would have been happy to make changes. I enjoyed working with you and your family and friends, and I wish things would have gone differently, as I really wanted you - and every client - to completely love your look. I hope your wedding went beautifully & wish you a lifetime I happiness with your new husband!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Elizabeth Giles of Enchanting Looks braved super early morning foul weather and did a fabulous job styling me and my sisters for my wedding! She loves her work and really stresses the importance of customer feedback to ensure you get the look you want.

Enchanting Looks responded with the following comments:

Hi Brooke, thank you so much for your sweet review! I hope the rest of the wedding was beautiful, and what luck that it stopped pouring just in time for an outdoor ceremony! I saw that you weren't terribly pleased with my responsiveness and I just wanted to apologize for that. I am still finding the balance between being a mom and being a business owner, and I recognize that the mom side always takes priority, sometimes leaving business aspects slow to be taken care. I'm deeply sorry for that, as I want every client to be completely satisfied in all aspects of my work, including responsiveness. Thank you for your patience anyway! I will take immediate steps to ensure this doesn't continue, so that every bride receives the same immediate attention that my darling baby boy does. Congratulations on your marriage and I wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Elizabeth did an absolutely amazing job on my hair and makeup, as well as hair and makeup for my bridesmaids and mother/mother-in-law!! She was a pleasure to work with - friendly and personable (which made it fun getting ready on the day of). I was blown away with how good I looked on my big day - and I received compliments all day/night (and even still do a month after the wedding). We were married on the beach, on a very windy day, so the girls were concerned as to how our hairstyles would hold. We all commented on how not one hair on any of the updos moved all night - which was as much as 12-14 hours for some of us! I couldn't recommend Elizabeth more!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Elizabeth provided both hair and make-up services for myself, my bridesmaids, mom,grandma & aunt on my wedding day. I searched high and low for someone that I knew would make me look & feel my best as well as someone that would come to me on the wedding day so I would not have to worry about getting everyone to a salon. The prep could not have gone more smoothly! Elizabeth and her assistant showed up promptly that morning and within 15 minutes had one of the bridesmaids in the chair to get ready. Not only did I feel like an absolute princess on my wedding day, but my hair and make-up held up all day and night. I was so worried about the make-up wearing off, but I looked just as beautiful when I went to bed that night as when I walked down the aisle :). Thank you Elizabeth!!

1 Review
1+ year ago

Elizabeth was great! She completely transformed me, my maid of honor and my daughter. She was very receptive to my ideas and flexible with a couple little tweaks I wanted to make. I highly recommend her services.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I flew in from Norway 2.5 weeks before my wedding, and only had the opportunity to look online for someone to do my hair and makeup. I immediately liked the simplicity of the menu on Enchanting Looks’ website, the pictures of Elizabeth’s work, and the fact that she would come to my location. We set up a trial as soon as I arrived, and it was a great experience. Elizabeth was able to capture the look I wanted for both hair and makeup. One of my biggest concerns was looking “too styled”, but I have to say that I was very happy with the look. A sophisticated, romantic look, with just the right amount of makeup to accentuate the features I wanted to.

On the day of my wedding she was on time and ready within minutes, and her calm energy and efficiency really gave the day a smooth and joyful start. She kept the time schedule we had agreed upon without rushing the process. She did my hair and makeup, my two sisters’ hair and makeup, and my mom’s makeup, and they all looked stunning. I got a lot of compliments for both my hairdo and makeup, and the makeup stayed perfect all day without getting smeared out from crying!

I think if I could change something, it would be to set up a trial for my sisters too (but with the timeframe we had it would have been very tight). With different tastes and opinions, and a tight schedule on the wedding day it can be tricky to get it exactly “right” on the spot. But overall I was very happy with choosing Elizabeth, and would highly recommend her to my friends!

Enchanting Looks responded with the following comments:

Hi Anne! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of my services and I am so happy to hear you would recommend me to your friends! I want every single client to be completely happy with their styling, but I know there was some things lost in translation when styling your sisters. I will do whatever it takes for a client to love their look, as long as they have communicated that with me. It was wonderful to meet you all and I wish you a lifetime of love in your beautiful new marriage!

1+ year ago

She was awesome! Couldn't of been happier with my results. I would recommend to everyone I know getting married in NC!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I was recently used Elizabeth's services for wedding in Emerald Isle. She did an outstanding job!!! My bridesmaids loved her as well. I have had several hair and makeup sessions and Elizabeth is by far the best! Not only is her work top of the line but she is very personable and great to work with! We would highly recommend her for any event!!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Elizabeth is nothing short of amazing! She and her assistant worked their magic to make my bridal party and I absolutely stunning! She created a one of a kind hairstyle to match my beach and sea glass themed wedding. It was perfect. Thank you so much!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I had the pleasure of working with Elizabeth during a wedding this past weekend. As a photographer it is vital to be on the same page as all the vendors, and even on short notice Elizabeth was compliant and an absolute pleasure to work with. She is extremely professional, and the bride and bridesmaids looked WONDERFUL! I hope next time I am in the area, I am lucky enough to work with Elizabeth again. :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Thank you Elizabeth for making us all look flawless on my wedding day. Your flexibility to include extra services (and a preview for my mom) was so much appreciated! We couldn't have done it without you!

You are a hidden gem.

- Mrs. Stephens ;)

Lori
09/18/2012

Elizabeth was unbelievable! Because of her my bridal party and I looked amazing all day... Monsoon and all! I have never felt more beautiful... I recommend Enchanting Looks to any and all women wanting to look stunning on their special day.