Emily's Catering Group
Indulgence is Served
105 Central Street
Bristol, CT 06010  | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French...
Bar services: Limited Bar, Open Bar
Alcohol services: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Premium...
Maximum capacity: 10000

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
When it came time to pick a caterer, we knew we were going with Emily's from the beginning. During our consultation, Rick served us a three course meal before we even signed a contract! The food was fresh and absolutely delicious! Once we signed our contract, Rick and Cheryl were extremely easy to work with. They were open to all of our ideas and suggestions and made sure we got exactly what we wanted. My husband has a favorite pickle company and Rick worked with his distributors to have the pickles served during our cocktail hour. They were amazing during our wedding and we keep getting compliments from our guests about how it was the best food they've ever tasted at a wedding-and we couldn't agree more!
Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Rick and the Emily's Catering staff are out of this world amazing! I can't describe in words how wonderful they were to work with, and more importantly how wonderful the food was!

The food was delicious, served with care and every single dish was beautiful. I've never seen food served in such a beautifully visual way. Rick truly takes the time to help you design the exact menu you want, and then he gets to work on making it look like no one else ever could. My wedding was a few weeks ago, and I am still getting calls about how great the food was!

The staff is also just fabulous. Every single person who was there was delightful. They were fun, professional and great with the guests. Even Rick's assistant, Cheryl is wonderful to work with. You deal mostly with her via email with any questions you have, and she is quick to respond and always happy.

I can't thank Emily's Catering enough for the amazing job they did at my wedding. I will 100% be hiring them again for any future gatherings. THE BEST!!
Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The last of my 5 daughters began what we thought would be an "overwhelming task of choosing a caterer" for her 5/31/14 wedding at Tyrone Farm in Pomfret Ct. One of the many draws of Tyrone Farm was being able to bring in your own caterer. Ian, owner of Tyrone Farm highly recommended Emily's saying that they have been at Tyrone before and did a great job. After meeting with a few other caterers I visited Rick of Emily's Catering in Bristol Ct! We soon realized Emily's catering is light years ahead in the catering business. During my daughter's engagement every detail was of the utmost importance to Rick and his assistant Cheryl. Rick not only made suggestions but he listened to what we wanted and made adjustments as my daughters vision for her wedding evolved in that 2 year period! Always saying he can do and make whatever we want! Rick is a man of his word, you don't need a contract with Emily's as when he states something you know he stands by it! Our tastings were all beyond fabulous so our process of elimination for entrees was quite difficult for us. All the entrees were perfect in every way and the presentation was exquisite..Seared Gorgonzola Crusted Filet Mignon with a "21 Bottle" Reduction.....Herb Encrusted Sea Bass with Lemon Caper Sauce.."Airline" Breast of Chicken with Spring Cherry Salsa...the vegetarian choice was absolute heaven..Marinated Portabella Mushroom topped with Gorgonzola Cheese and Marinara Sauce served on Wilted Baby Spinach. All entrees were served on top of Risotto Cakes and asparagus. You may think this was a very traditional menu. There is nothing traditional about Emily's as Rick and his chefs (Debra and staff) have a rare talent of consistently making the ordinary extraordinary! From the bride and grooms first appetizer to the last cupcake sheer perfection. Thank you, Emily's Catering entire staff, you all bring Catering to new heights! Other catering businesses will have to rise to the occasion to compete with you!
Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding coordinator recommended Emily's and we were so glad they did. All of the other caterers we met with in CT(more than 12) were either incredibly expensive, rude, or both.I think when you're guaranteed business(by lots of wedding venues) you don’t have to try, or even give common courtesy to the person looking to hire you. Meeting with caterers(other than Emily's) was the worst part of planning. One thing they all had in common(again minus Emily's) was an annoying habit of not listening to what we the couple wanted at OUR wedding. So many of them gave me lectures about how we HAD to have this or that. Well, we didn’t want this or that, and they literally didn’t know how to answer me. They would just look at me as if I were dumb. And by the end I was feeling dumb, and I was starting to actually apologize to them for what I wanted.

From the start Emily's was different. Everything I said we were interested in they understood, they produced a sample menu, and they pretty much nailed it! We had found our caterer! Cheryl and Rick were wonderful. Whatever we wanted—we were told it was no problem, it was our wedding. We didn't want passed hors d'oeuvres, instead we wanted a dessert buffet—no problem. We didn't want veggies—no problem. We wanted an extra sauce for the beef—no problem. We needed them to flip our ceremony room to become the dining room in an hour—no problem. They even added a few extra types of desserts at our request, and the price did not change. Their standard plates, silverware, chargers, etc are as nice as other caterers’ “upgrades”. Other caterers use ugly cheap hard plastic stuff as their “standard” so they trick you into buying the upgrade. Emily's staff were all professional and helpful on our wedding day. And to top it all off—the food was AMAZING, our cake, so YUMMY, and beautiful. Much better than any of the other caterers we had tried, and everyone was commenting that it was the best wedding food they had ever had.
Wedding: 01/11/2014

Eric 2 Reviews
Emily's did a great job. I would highly recommend their service.
Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Emily's Catering recently did our wedding at the Branford House in Groton, CT. They did a fantastic job, the guests loved the food and the waitstaff was very friendly. Perhaps just as important as the day itself was the high level of service that we received leading up to our big day. Rick took the time to sit and talk with us on multiple occasions to meticulously plan and develop the menu for our wedding. Rick's calm demeanor was immensely appreciated, especially as we got closer to the wedding day and nerves have a tendency to fray.

On the business side, we quickly found out that catering companies can be difficult to work with and were finding that some of the prices were outrageous. Rick was great, when we met with him and told him our budget, he created a menu to meet it rather than some other caterers who came in at nearly twice our budget and insisted we'd be able to "work our way backwards". We really appreciated working with Rick and the whole Emily's team - they were incredibly responsive and completely accommodating. We would absolutely recommend them (and already have to our friends and family).
Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Right from the beginning, working with Rick and his team was both enjoyable and effortless. The stress that comes with wedding planning, the unknowns, the questions, etc. Rick has a way of making all of these things just go away. He's been doing this for awhile and has perfected what it is to be a top caterer and in my opinion someone who also knows all the ins and outs of wedding planning.

Rick's style is unlike others, he meets in person, he picks up the phone at any time of the day and he goes the extra mile to make things easier on you. Instead of having to wait a few days over email (like so many other vendors), Rick was available and responsive which made the process that much more pleasant.

As for the day of, Rick helped us to construct our entire day, from the menu, to the station set ups, to the timing of the entire event, and it was all completely flawless.

People raved about the food on the day of, and continue to do so over a month after. Everything flowed perfectly, and the food is like nothing I've ever had at a wedding. It is truly like a home cooked meal - nothing tastes mass produced and is cooked to perfection, as if you were the only person in the room.

Rick's entire staff also went above and beyond. On the day of they were engaged, kind, helpful and also knew their stuff. They were ALL willing to do whatever it took to make the day special and to be sure that myself, my husband and my entire family did not have to lift a finger.

I highly recommend Rick and his team at Emily's Catering Group, if you want to be sure to have a flawless wedding with absolutely AMAZING food. I've already passed on the recommendation to close friends and will continue to hire Rick any opportunity that I get (showers, retirement parties, family weddings, etc.)!

Wedding: 09/21/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough good about Emily's and our experience with them! When I first called to schedule a tasting, Rick spent a ton of time discussing my "vision" for the wedding and the direction I wanted to go with everything from our drink selections to our desserts! He worked with us to select the perfect meal choices that stayed within our budget, and did not disappoint the day of! His staff was friendly and helpful, and went above and beyond to make sure that my husband and I were taken care of (while we were busy neglecting ourselves and focused on our guests). And most importantly, the food was amazing! The portions were huge and absolutely delicious! Our guests are still raving about what a great meal they had! Our only regret, not sitting and enjoying our meals as much as we should have! Thank you so much!!!!
Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough about Emily's Catering Group. As a bride I researched, contacted and met with what felt like every catering company in the CT area. Food was extremely high on our list of priorities for the wedding. Both coming from large Italian families who know good food, we were feeling the pressure to pick an amazing caterer. We were looking to impress our guests with a wide range of unique food choices, not your typical wedding food. Rick from Emily's first impressed me with his quick and honest responses to my initial emails. Then, when I met Rick and Cheryl at the first meeting, it felt too good to be true! Rick was so friendly and passionate about food, which was a big seller for us. He never tried to pressure us into anything. He was honest. That impressed me the most. Out of the many caterers we considered, I was so confident that Emily's was the best choice. My instincts were correct . Rick and his staff are all equally amazing. Throughout the whole process they were extremely responsive and always got back to me the day that I contacted them. That was reassuring when going through the stress of planning a wedding! They were so easy going and accommodating to our vision for the day. We got married at the Brandford House at Avert Point. Our cocktail hour, dancing, and food stations were outside...and yes it rained! I told Rick from the beginning that if it rained I was putting my trust in him to figure it out. That is exactly what they did. Emily's was able to put on a perfect wedding despite the weather conditions. The food was unreal. People are still calling us and saying how amazing the lobster rolls and clam chowder were. Our big Italian families were really impressed with the vodka sauce and risotto. The desserts were said to be the best ever tasted. Even the late night snack at the end of the night is still being talked about. Hands down best caterer. Rick felt like a family member or friend, not a caterer. I wish I could plan another event!
Wedding: 08/09/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
I would HIGHLY recommended Rick and his team; they are the best. People are still talking about how fabulous the food was. The staff were professional and very responsive to all of our requests and needs ( down to a safety pin we needed for the bustle.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Choosing Emily’s was definitely the best choice I could have made for our wedding! I am a little meticulous and met with close to 10 caterers in Connecticut before finally finding Emily’s. After we met with Rick we knew our search was done. Rick, Cheryl, and their staff are extremely friendly and easy to work with and were always able to calm my nerves. They truly have a gift in this business and know how to make things run smoothly. Their prices were far more reasonable than any of the other caterers we met with and they went above and beyond all my expectations. When I had an idea, Rick was able to easily turn it into reality. The food, service, and staff were superb. There were about 300 people in attendance for our wedding and I couldn’t have pictured it being any better. The food was better than any 5 star restaurant! We had guests from all across Connecticut as well as some from out of the country and the food was raved about by all. In fact, my husband and I said we wish Emily’s had a restaurant because we were craving the food from our wedding, it was that delicious! They are definitely the best caterers in CT!
Wedding: 07/20/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
Selecting Emily's to cater our wedding was one of the best choices we made! The food was delicious, the service was impeccable, and Rick and his team were friendly and accommodating. I look forward to using them again.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot recommend Rick and his staff at Emily's Catering enough! Rick met with us almost a year and a half out from our wedding date. He made my husband (then fiance) and I the most amazing meal. On the way home I emailed the other caterers we had appointments booked with and cancelled them.

To our delight, Rick had our sample menu and quote emailed to us within 24 hours of our first meeting. To put things in perspective, at that point I was still waiting on a quote from someone I met with 3 weeks prior. Rick's prompt response only solidified our decision to use Emily's Catering Group.

Throughout the year and a half leading up to our wedding, Rick and Cheryl, one of his employees, corresponded with us, finalizing small details. Our wedding was held at the Webb Barn in Wethersfield, CT and Rick assisted us in creating the layout for the wedding, as he is very familiar with our venue.

And then there is the FOOD! Oh my goodness. You will not find better food from any other vendor. Our menu was gourmet BBQ - including individual crocks of mac and cheese, corn bread, pulled pork, BBQ chicken, and mashed sweet potatoes. I also can confirm Rick's steak and fish offerings are sublime! I sampled those during our first meeting, and they were to die for! Whatever you order from Rick, he will make it amazing. Our friends and family could not stop raving about the food.

Rick also was very accommodating. We wanted pies instead of more traditional desserts, and he came up with a phenomenal assortment. He even created mini pie bites in small ramekins. So delicious!

Rick and Cheryl also contact Gouevia Vineyards in Wallingford, and served their wine at our wedding. My husband proposed at that vineyard, and their wine represents that special day to us. When I asked Cheryl about bringing in their wine, she responded that she would look into it, and got back to me within 24 hours with a yes! It was just amazing!

Contact Rick now! You will not regret it!!
Wedding: 05/25/2013

Private User 4 Reviews
Emily's Catering is amazing. I really can't say enough good things about them. Rick and his whole team were extremely professional, accommodating, and just really great at what they do. Our guests are still raving about the food- we actually had people tell it was the best food they ever had! People couldn't believe it was "wedding food." We gave Rick a basic idea of what we were going for, and he threw out tons of ideas that completely matched our vision, both food- and presentation-wise. He was also extremely flexible on price, which we really appreciated. If you are considering booking Emily's, DO IT! You will not be disappointed.

Jamie 1 Reviews
I can't say enough good things about Emily's Catering. Prior to the wedding, Rick and his team did everything possible to make planning the food easy. They prepared an amazing menu that was within our budget and even took the time to learn a recipe of my grandmother's to include. When we were setting up, they dropped the tablecloths off early so that we could lay them out and put down our centerpieces when we had time before the event. During the reception itself, they did a wonderful job coordinating everything and the food was beyond all of my expectations. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they ever had. When my husband and I came back from taking photographs they gave us drinks and a plate of appetizers. When the reception was over they offered to let us take home leftovers and even made sure that my maid of honor grabbed the top tier of our cake. Everything was absolutely perfect and I highly recommend them.
Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot be happier with Emily's Catering Group for everything they did for me for my wedding. From the moment I emailed them until now, I have received nothing less than fast, professional service (and they made me feel like I was their only focus). I am one of those brides who thought I could do most of my wedding without help. Thankfully, I had Emily's on my side. On the day of my wedding, they arrived on time and gracefully took over my chaos and made such a beautiful setting for my amazing celebration. Even while I am punctually late, they were calm and patient. The food was warm and so flavorful my mouth waters just thinking about it. They made my reception look effortlessly spectacular and probably one of the best weddings I have ever been to! Thank you Rick, Cheryl, and the entire staff!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
 860-585-8625
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire