Emily's Catering Group

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Emily's Catering exceeded my expectations. They went above and beyond for our wedding! We truly didn't have to worry about a thing, they had everything covered! The food was amazing. We have had multiple guests contacting us for your information they loved it so much! Our guests were ranting about how delicious your food was!! Thank you for doing such an amazing job! I highly recommend!

Services Used: Catering

I don't know where to begin! They were AMAZING! Throughout the entire process, we knew we were putting our wedding in good hands! RIck was so accommodating and helpful in making our perfect day come together the way they wanted- he just kept saying YES! The service was stellar- but it doesn't hold a candle to the FOOD! Our guests are STILL raving! The cocktail hour had everything we asked for, and more, and when it was done, our guests weren't sure they could even eat more food! (But of course, it was so delicious- they all did!) Dessert had them raving even more- they accommodated all specific little requests- like grown up root beer floats :) that were a hit! A must have- their tiramisu. It's like nothing you've ever had before, and I think my husband ate 10 of them. My husband and I had a few tastes here and there throughout the night for the most part, and at the end of the night were sad we hadn't eaten more. Fortunately, they had put together a doggie bag for us and we enjoyed our own FULL mean the next day, reliving all the moments! Working with them was so easy and they were so responsive- the night ran just as smoothly as we had a hoped!

1 Review
Recently Married

Thank you for all you hard work! We will certainly spread good things about your company.

Services Used: Catering

From my first interaction with Emily’s Catering Group to my last, it was always a pleasure. My fiancé and I had our hearts set on serving BBQ at our wedding. We were having a lot of trouble finding a caterer that was able to serve BBQ plated and presented nicely. When I spoke with Rick for the first time he told me it would absolutely not be a problem. His confidence made my fiancé and I feel at ease. After the tasting we knew for sure Emily’s Catering Group was the way to go. Anytime I had any issues and reached out to Cheryl she responded within hours and anytime my fiancé and I wanted to make a change or tweak the menu a bit it was not an issue. The flexibility was fantastic. The day of the wedding the food was just as good as our tasting. My favorite, the mac and cheese! All our guests are still ranting about how good the food during cocktail hour was and how inventive the duck quesadillas being served with mini shots of tequilas was. I would highly recommend Rick’s services.

Services Used: Catering

The wedding was wonderful and so were you! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you. You went over and beyond the call of duty and it did not go unnoticed.

Recently Married

Rick and the entire team at Emily's were amazing from the day we reached out to them. Our wedding was being held in NYC and sadly, all of the caterers we were referred to were quite off-putting. Our initial conversations made it clear that we were just another couple on their list and we were given nothing by way of personal consideration. That is, until we met Rick Kerzner.
After pouring through hundreds of reviews of caterers in the tri-state area, I found Emily's Catering and their reviews on sites like WeddingWire intrigued me enough to reach out. While I wasn't sure it would be feasible to have a non-NYC based caterer come in for the event, Rick made it clear that it would be no different than his other events that he travels for. He invited us to their amazing facility in Bristol and we were blown away. He treated us to more than just a delicious meal (a meal we still talk about today). He treated us like family and took the time to get to know us and what we wanted. He never tried to up-sell, he was just honest. He asked about our budget and then built out a menu based on that.
Rick offered us so much more than the other caterers we spoke with. While many of them either didn't offer rentals, linens, etc. or massively up-charged you for them, Rick built this into his pricing so that we could get an honest estimate of the total costs up front. He showed us his kitchen facilities and they were pristine, organized and stocked with quality brands that as foodies, we know and love. Rick doesn't cut corners - he is patient, his team is talented and most importantly on a day like this, he is honest and flexible. Emily's Catering actually helped relieve our stress. They never made us feel uncomfortable asking for anything and I remember on the day-of, thinking that nothing could possibly go wrong with Rick's team in place, because they would figure it out. And the food? Unbelievably delicious.

Services Used: Catering

Don't even know where to begin with this review. Rick and Cheryl from Emily's were absolutely incredible. I've never heard of a couple getting thank you notes from their guesting after a wedding complimenting the incredible food they had at the wedding, but got multiple ones. Not only was the food delicious, but the presentation was a 10. So many guests commented on how cool and creative all the appetizers and desserts looked, and were delicious on top of it all. The staff was incredibly attentive and the bartenders were awesome. When the dance party moved outside, the bartenders handled the extra volume flawlessly. They were engaging with guests and really helped the party flow.

After the wedding, they packaged up a lot of our things and took them back to their office, and kept them for 2 weeks while we were on our honeymoon so we wouldn't have to worry about it, taking a huge burden off our shoulders!

I would strongly recommend Emily's to anyone who loves food and doesn't want to worry about anything on their wedding day.

Services Used: Catering

Rick, Cheryl and the staff of Emily's were absolutely incredible for our daughter's wedding on 9/13/14 at the Branford House in CT. I have gotten so many comments from guests about the quality of the food and the extreme responsiveness and professionalism of the staff. The staff were attentive, without being intrusive. Many guests said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. We felt that we got excellent quality with reasonable cost. There was a delay in the start of the ceremony and people were ready to eat and drink as soon as the ceremony was over. The staff made sure that they got the food out to the guests as soon as the ceremony was over. The bar was well managed so that there was not a big line. The coffee bar and small desserts were a huge hit! The bride and groom were well cared for throughout the evening and were very happy with their choice of caterer. I would highly recommend Emily's for wedding or other catering event.

Services Used: Catering

Emily's Catering Group was absolutely incredible. Emily's catered our September 13th wedding at our family farm. Throughout the entire process, Rick and Cheryl were top notch. Day or night, they were there for assistance or advice. They made the planning a breeze with their knowledge and experience. We had an outdoor wedding and low and behold, it rained. The crew put on rain gear and didn't seemed to be phased whatsoever. Everyone on the team for our wedding made sure everything was perfect. Constantly checking on us throughout the night, making sure my husband and I got to eat and enjoy the food, which is many bride/groom complaints that they didn't get to eat. We took pictures immediately following the ceremony. Appetizers and drinks were passed around to all of us as well. We had someone tending to us the entire evening. The food was absolutely phenomenal! We had decided on doing stations and it was perfect. Our guests could not get over that we had lobster at our wedding. The bartenders were great! Warm and bubbly personalities and our guests really enjoyed their professionalism. We had a basic chocolate cake with buttercream frosting...it was the best cake I have ever tasted. My parents ate it for days after we left for our honeymoon! At the end of the night, all of the food was packaged up and given to our family. We were very impressed how the crew had cleaned up. Everything was put back to exactly where it was when they arrived. They even took the trash with them! That made clean-up the following day a breeze.
All in all, we would recommend Emily's to anyone looking for an amazing company for any kind of function. We cannot thank them enough for helping us with our special day. It truly was a day to remember!

Services Used: Catering

With out a doubt, I give Emily's Catering 5 out of 5 stars across the board. I am a CT native, but currently live out of state. Planning a wedding 1,000 miles away was not an easy task, but Emily's really made my wedding planning experience much easier. First of all, I showed up to my initial meeting with 7 people. Rick fed all 7 people a 3 course meal. He was so accommodating, and the food was so delicious we immediately booked him for our wedding. Rick also helped me create a fun menu that didn't consist of your typical wedding food. That was a major plus for us.

I spoke a lot with Cheryl and she was incredibly prompt with all of my questions. She was such a pleasure to work with!

The day of my wedding was sunny and beautiful. 20 minutes before our ceremony a thunderstorm rolled in. We had to scramble to move our outdoor ceremony inside. This also meant moving the bridal party to another building. Linda, from Emily's, was our go to person for the day and she quickly arranged her staff with a walkway of umbrellas for me so I wouldn't get wet. She also held up a sheet so my guests would see me prior to the ceremony. She walked me through our venue, holding the sheet up for me until I was able to reach an area where my guests couldn't see. That to me spoke volumes about Emily's staff. They truly went above and beyond for my wedding. Not to mention my guests are still raving about the food.

I would highly recommend Emily's Catering for any event. They helped to make my day special!

Services Used: Catering

I cannot say enough about Emily's Catering. Truly, they were essential to making our wedding day magical. We have heard countless compliments, months later, on the quality of the food. Rick was willing to add personal touches to our menu & Cheryl was constantly responsive to endless questions. Their cocktail hour choices are UNBELIEVABLE and I'm sad that I didn't get to eat more (though waitstaff came to our wedding party plenty of times with food during pictures, I was dazed and missed too many options!) The catering is expensive, but when you're a detailed bride who's setting up her party and you see Emily's waitstaff come rolling in two hours before the wedding begins, you absolutely realize where all the money goes. I cannot brag enough about this caterer, their quality, and the party they'll put on for you. Worth every penny. Thank you Rick, Cheryl, and all the staff the day of!

Services Used: Catering

When it came time to pick a caterer, we knew we were going with Emily's from the beginning. During our consultation, Rick served us a three course meal before we even signed a contract! The food was fresh and absolutely delicious! Once we signed our contract, Rick and Cheryl were extremely easy to work with. They were open to all of our ideas and suggestions and made sure we got exactly what we wanted. My husband has a favorite pickle company and Rick worked with his distributors to have the pickles served during our cocktail hour. They were amazing during our wedding and we keep getting compliments from our guests about how it was the best food they've ever tasted at a wedding-and we couldn't agree more!

Services Used: Catering

Rick and the Emily's Catering staff are out of this world amazing! I can't describe in words how wonderful they were to work with, and more importantly how wonderful the food was!

The food was delicious, served with care and every single dish was beautiful. I've never seen food served in such a beautifully visual way. Rick truly takes the time to help you design the exact menu you want, and then he gets to work on making it look like no one else ever could. My wedding was a few weeks ago, and I am still getting calls about how great the food was!

The staff is also just fabulous. Every single person who was there was delightful. They were fun, professional and great with the guests. Even Rick's assistant, Cheryl is wonderful to work with. You deal mostly with her via email with any questions you have, and she is quick to respond and always happy.

I can't thank Emily's Catering enough for the amazing job they did at my wedding. I will 100% be hiring them again for any future gatherings. THE BEST!!

Services Used: Catering

The last of my 5 daughters began what we thought would be an "overwhelming task of choosing a caterer" for her 5/31/14 wedding at Tyrone Farm in Pomfret Ct. One of the many draws of Tyrone Farm was being able to bring in your own caterer. Ian, owner of Tyrone Farm highly recommended Emily's saying that they have been at Tyrone before and did a great job. After meeting with a few other caterers I visited Rick of Emily's Catering in Bristol Ct! We soon realized Emily's catering is light years ahead in the catering business. During my daughter's engagement every detail was of the utmost importance to Rick and his assistant Cheryl. Rick not only made suggestions but he listened to what we wanted and made adjustments as my daughters vision for her wedding evolved in that 2 year period! Always saying he can do and make whatever we want! Rick is a man of his word, you don't need a contract with Emily's as when he states something you know he stands by it! Our tastings were all beyond fabulous so our process of elimination for entrees was quite difficult for us. All the entrees were perfect in every way and the presentation was exquisite..Seared Gorgonzola Crusted Filet Mignon with a "21 Bottle" Reduction.....Herb Encrusted Sea Bass with Lemon Caper Sauce.."Airline" Breast of Chicken with Spring Cherry Salsa...the vegetarian choice was absolute heaven..Marinated Portabella Mushroom topped with Gorgonzola Cheese and Marinara Sauce served on Wilted Baby Spinach. All entrees were served on top of Risotto Cakes and asparagus. You may think this was a very traditional menu. There is nothing traditional about Emily's as Rick and his chefs (Debra and staff) have a rare talent of consistently making the ordinary extraordinary! From the bride and grooms first appetizer to the last cupcake sheer perfection. Thank you, Emily's Catering entire staff, you all bring Catering to new heights! Other catering businesses will have to rise to the occasion to compete with you!

Alicia
05/24/2014

What an excellent dinner! Emily’s catered our May 2014 wedding in Southern CT. I know everyone says the bride and the groom don’t eat at their wedding but we were not going to miss this meal!
Rick, Cheryl, and Debbie understood our Paleo diet and vision. They delivered an exquisite banquet, both in flavor and presentation.
We also had our cake prepared by Emily’s. It was absolutely beautiful! Guests are still raving about the delicious cake and I am proud to say it was 100% Paleo. We are looking forward to our first anniversary to have another taste!
Rick and his team at Emily’s Catering Group are great! I am looking forward to our next event to plan with Emily’s Catering Group!

Services Used: Catering, Wedding Cake
Christine
04/12/2014

I'm so glad we chose to work with Emily's Catering. They were a pleasure to work with and full of creative ideas. And the food! There was so much and it was so delicious. Our wedding was 4 months ago and people still are raving about the food.
Their service is outstanding as well.