EllenCara Boulder

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

We were blown away by Ellen. First, she is such a stellar and sweet human being... we had a great time chatting with her over coffee during the planning process, getting to know her, and talking about our vision. Just a good, down-to-earth and genuine person! She is so easy to work with and she offers really good suggestions, without pushing you in a way that would make you spend more money.

Second, she is astoundingly good at her craft. We wanted sunflowers with some blue and green flowers incorporated, and she delivered. The flowers were stunning! We got so many compliments. I would absolutely, hands-down recommend her to anyone. She was our favorite vendor to work with! Such a joy and so reliable.

Services Used: Flowers

When we first met Ellen, my fiance joked about having flowers braided into his beard. Without blinking or looking at me, she said, "No." And we were sold.

Is there anything to say about Ellen that hasn't already been said? She is dedicated to you and your flowers up to and on your wedding day. She is an artist. When we told her we were making our our centerpieces but wanted her to design the bouquets to fill them, she jumped at our crazy succulent book box and stack of books as a vase idea. And my lord, did she come through.

I grew up in a flower shop, and have the utmost respect and adoration for floral arrangements. And working with Ellen was like stepping back into my childhood. Every arrangement said 'us' and we loved them all.

Emily
09/28/2014

ellen is the best florist that I or anyone in my family has ever seen. She's creative, punctual, professional, and created some of the most beautiful arrangements I've ever seen.
She met with me multiple times and was always prepared and creative. She stuck to her budget and managed to produce incredible results on a smaller budget.
Everyone was wowed by her attention to detail.

Services Used: Flowers

My daughter found Ellen through a personal referral, for her June 2014 wedding. She did a beautiful job! The flowers were so very elegant. We can't thank her enough for her kindness and generosity. Her diligence and professionalism was astounding. We are so very happy to have chosen her for this special day. It's refreshing to meet someone that is soulfully invested in both their clients and their work. She has a big heart and it shows.

Services Used: Flowers

Ellen exceeded expectations in all the best possible ways. We met a couple of times to talk about what I envisioned for bouquets, centerpieces, etc., and the actual flower arrangements blew me away. My bouquet was gorgeous, and the centerpieces were more beautiful than I had imagined. Ellen's service was great too; she delivered flowers to the church and to the reception site, and she even moved some of the church flowers to the reception site after the ceremony. She also was present to help all the men with their boutonnieres and to give the women their corsages or bouquets. Ellen went totally above and beyond my expectations, and I would whole-heartedly recommend her services to anyone.

Services Used: Flowers

Ellen was absolutely fabulous for our October Colorado wedding. She completely understood the rustic yet elegant look we were going for and made everything totally come together. She was very conscientious of our budget and did just what we asked, even coming in a bit shy of our max. She genuinely cares about what she does and who she works with. Highly recommended!!

Services Used: Flowers

Ellen was not just the first floral designer that I met, and she was the ONLY one I met. Ellen lives and has her work studio in an historic schoolhouse in Longmont, that isn't surrounded by a "yard" as much as it is a magical secret garden. Not at all formal - and although I know it takes a lot of work, it looked effortless, natural, but elegant and a little bit mystical - like a gnome or a fairie might pop out at any second. I know I'm gushing, but I kinda fell in love with her while I was on her front steps, knocking on her door for the first time.

Incredibly professional - she gently, but clearly educated my mom and I on what we needed to know about flowers and floral design for weddings because we didn't have a CLUE! She was very intuitive and seemed to immediately connect with the concepts I was sharing.

We trusted her immediately and this was huge for me, because I didn't want to pick out specific flowers or arrangements. I actually made a short slideshow for her - about 10 or 12 pictures of things that I loved with a blurb about why I loved them and she took it and ran with it. And what she gave to us was so much more stunning and beautiful and wonderful than I could've ever imagined.

What she did for us was infused with her caring and filled with special little details...she decorated the wagon our daughter (Abigail Rose), the flower girl, would be riding in with a sweet panel of miniature roses around the top rail...the tiny moss basket for the flower petals...a pheasant feather in each of the 'maids' bouquets to represent the flies my now-husband ties...a tiny bouquet for me to throw for the little girls...just so many thoughtful and meaningful touches.

She maximized our budget, gave us more than we would've guessed AND she's a beautiful, smart and tender spirit that I want to work with again so badly...but she only does weddings, and I'm only getting married this once! :-)

Services Used: Flowers

Ellen was absolutely wonderful from start to finish. I coordinated with her from Hawaii for a long distance wedding in Estes Park, CO. She was always quick to respond to my questions throught the year of planning and very pleasant and personable. The day of the wedding I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the flowers were, and the colors were amazing. It was like she went into my head and saw exactly what I wanted and brought it to life. I would recommend her to anyone, especially long-distance brides who are looking for someone who will give them personal service with a warm attitude. What a pleasure it was to work with Ellen.

Private User
2+ years ago

My husband I just had such a lovely experience working with Ellen for our recent wedding! From our initial meeting you could tell she was a true professional as she just listened as we told her about our story and what we wanted out of our wedding day! She really took the time to get to know us and vice versa which made it that much more fun to work together during the planning process and we always trusted her recommendations completely! She had such great ideas and they were spot on as when she delivered the final products on our wedding day, we were blown away! They were exactly what we were hoping for and so much more. You could tell she took such a personal touch with each flower she worked with and we received so many compliments on our flowers for the ceremony and reception! I can't say enough great things about Ellen. She became a friend to us and truly someone we could recommend to anyone. She has such a caring heart and is a wonderful person inside/out!

Services Used: Flowers

Ellen provided my wedding flowers a couple of weeks ago, and I was so pleased with everything, I just had to write a review about her business. From the first meeting we had, Ellen was extremely personable and attentive to details. Even though she is busy with many weddings, I felt like she truly cared about each bride she was working with. I told her about my vision, the style of my wedding, and my favorite flowers. We exchanged several emails, when I would send her pictures of my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, ideas from pinterest and magazine clippings, etc. In the end, I left a lot of the details in her hands, and I couldn't have been more pleased with the results. Ellen just has amazing taste, and she provides outstanding quality in her service as well as her flowers. She also will work with you to stay within your budget by offering many creative ideas. One thing that was very attractive to me was the fact that Ellen works solely with weddings. She has a ton of experience, and unlike many retail flower shops, she is focused on weddings only. Never once did I stress about how the flowers would turn out. And they turned out perfect! I highly recommend EllenCara Boulder!

Services Used: Flowers

We had Ellen do all the floral arrangements for our wedding this past April, and were absolutely amazed! Ellen was the nicest person we met through our entire wedding process and we are still so happy we decided to work with her... even our entire wedding party loved meeting her! She went above and beyond to accommodate all our ideas and creative visions for our wedding and put more personal passion into everything that we could have ever asked for. It all came out better than we even imagined due to all her professionalism and creative ideas that she added to the entire process and she even kept it within our tight budget. I could go on and on, but basically it was nothing short of PERFECT and even just having Ellen be apart of our wedding made it more special and we are nothing but thankful for all her time, effort and kindness to make our big day more special than originally envisioned. Thank you Ellen and we wish you the best!

Greg & Jenn

Services Used: Flowers

For brides who want to work with someone with extreme passion for nature and flowers and all things of the Earth as well as the warmest of hearts, you should contact Ellen. I could not have asked God him/herself to create a more perfect bouquet for me on my wedding day. Ellen would never credit herself, only mother nature but her taste is impeccable and her relational spirit with fin-tune listening to exactly what the bride needs was the best fit for me. Sadly my family had been devestated with family tragedy that left my father (our officiant) hospitalized for 8 weeks prior to the wedding. My fiance and I were in turmoil on whether to reschedule and of all my friends and family Ellen had the most meaningful advice--why devestate your father further with leaving his heart heaven of burden to be the reason you prolong your wait to marry? It was like she read my dad's mind and Ellen got to pin his flowers on as officiant the day of the wedding. I have told Ellen and others, if any bride ever asked me for any advice about weddings I would say one thing--do NOT leave for your honeymoon the day after the wedding as I was quite literally in tears leaving those flowers behind, devestated that I was unable to spend more time with them. Instead they were donated to my father's nurses at his hospital and sure enough two of them asked for Ellen's info for their upcoming weddings. Ellen is not only an artist of Academy Award winning stature, she also knows everything there is to know about weddings and helped educate me through the process, all thorugh my own askings and she gently offered fantastic ideas. She is an expert with a keen eye and loves working with brides that match her heart and appreciate her values that honor Mother Nature. Thank you Ellen!! I will always remember you as part of my special day, as you got down on one knee and offered me the most magical arrangement of flowers this eye has ever seen.

Services Used: Flowers

Working with Ellen as our florist for our wedding was one of the best parts of planning our wedding! She totally executed our vision to the fullest and it couldn't have been more beautiful. Ellen really took the time to get to know my personal tastes, and created the most stunning bouquets, creative boutineers, and gorgeous wrist corsages for our female VIP family members. She even made a custom ring bearer pillow which had a small floral arrangement that tied everything together.

Before arriving to the chapel and making sure everyone in the wedding party/family was pinned with their special arrangement and gave me and my bridesmaids our bouquets, she had already been to our reception site to make sure all of the arrangements were perfectly placed for the guests arrival, and even decorated our wedding cake herself with fresh flowers to go with the theme. Ellen is also very eco-conscious, which I greatly appreciated. A guest from each table was also allowed to take home the gorgeous centerpiece she created for each table, some including recycled aluminum containers which were stunning.

I HIGHLY recommend EllenCara Boulder if you're looking for a florist with excellent taste, a knack for making your vision a reality, the day of your wedding a true breeze, and a true professional. If I could attach photos to this review- you would be amazed! THANKS SO MUCH, ELLEN!

Services Used: Flowers, Jewelry

Ellen was amazing to work with. She is so talented and passionate about her brides. She made me feel like I was her favorite bride that she has worked with. Her talent for color and design was exactly what I needed to pull my color and scheme together. The arrangements were beautiful, and she worked so hard to make the arrangements work on a windy day at an outdoor wedding. I could not recommend her more highly!

Services Used: Flowers

Ohhhh my goodness, from the very first moment I laid eyes on cute, sweet Ellen, I knew my flowers would be beyond wonderful. Ellen has a huge heart and exudes love in every way--when she talks to you, when she brainstorms your flowers, and when she builds her incredible creations for your Big Day. She has spent many years building her business carefully, which was evident to me from the get-go. She listened closely to what I wanted and gave me a wealth of fantastic suggestions, introducing me to many plants and flowers I'd never heard of but fit exactly what I'd envisioned. My bridesmaids' bouquets were so incredible - vibrant and perfectly matched to my color scheme, with flowers that lasted forever (because Ellen uses flowers in season, which I appreciated!), and my bouquet was nothing short of breathtaking. I still get emotional thinking about the moment when she walked into my dressing room with it. It was full yet soft, supple and elegant - everything I'd asked for but so much more beautiful than I'd imagined! Ellen walked me through each flower she'd incorporated into my bouquet, which included a pretty, fuzzy flower that responded positively to touch (fun!). As a wonderful extra surprise, she made me a pair of earrings that she'd pinned to the satin ribbon. She arrived early and set vases out on the head table so that we'd all have places to put our bouquets after the ceremony. I was so grateful Ellen did my flowers - not just because the bouquets were beyond belief, but because Ellen was such a gem of a person. LOVED her and miss having an excuse to talk with her regularly. Book this ray of sunshine to do your flowers! I promise you'll adore both Ellen and your flowers!

Services Used: Flowers, Jewelry

Ellen Cara Boulder did a fabulous job on our flowers! She really understood the feeling of the day that we were going for and expressed it through the wonderful arrangements. We felt that the value of her flowers and service was more than exceptional! Ellen was very fun to work with throughout the planning process. It really made the day extra special to see it come alive with beautiful flowers for our wedding ceremony and reception. It was even better than we could have imagined! We would definitely recommend EllenCara Boulder!