Elizabeth Demos Events

• Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I hired Liz in June of 2012, shortly after I became engaged. My fiancé and I contracted with her for a $7500 inclusive wedding planning package for our August 2013 wedding. Shortly after we booked, Liz created a Pinterest board for our wedding and visited our wedding venue one time. She recommended that we pursue a different reception site, and specifically stated that it would be more affordable. After that, we didn't hear anything from her for months. Three months after booking, I reached out to her to request guidance and help composing a planning calendar, a budget, and all of the other pieces of the puzzle that a wedding planner would normally handle. Sometimes Liz would not respond to my questions at all, and other times she would respond weeks later. The guidance she did provide was not thoughtful or professional - when I asked her to help setting up a budget, she responded 3 weeks later, and simply provided me the link to an online wedding budget calculator (one that I had accessed on my own many times before). Liz would tell me that she was planning on doing a certain task and then when I would check in again after not hearing from her, she would tell me that I actually needed to do the very task she had assured me she would handle weeks before. By December, 6 months after we hired Liz, nothing was planned - not even a single contract signed for one single vendor. At this point, we told Liz we wanted to part ways. Now that I have taken the planning back into my own hands, I have discovered that her recommended course of action for our reception was wildly outside of our budget. Not even close to doable. I truly don't think she ever even looked at our budget, or if she did, she completely disregarded it. In the end, Liz retained $1500 of our deposit for a shoddy and rushed vendor list, sketch of a treatment for a tent that we can't afford, and a Pinterest board. I have never felt more ripped off and I could not, in good faith, recommend Liz to anyone else.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.7/5.0
  • Value:  3.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Liz is such a talented woman and really has some great ideas for weddings, decorating, and so much more. She really brought together all of my ideas as well as adding a touch of her styling into the whole day that made it spectacular. Enjoyed working with her and her professionalism made me feel at ease and calm on a day that could've been stressful. Very glad I chose her for my wedding planner.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz did a fabulous job! She was able to capture what we wanted for our celebration perfectly.
When I began this process I didn't want a run of the mill wedding planner, I wanted someone with an artful eye that was coming from a design perspective. Well, I got much more than that! Liz is not only an artist that kept our vision in the forefront and new exactly the vendors that would fit our particular needs and style, but she also has an incredible eye for detail that really made our wedding special.
Elizabeth Demos is truly and absolute pleasure to work with. I will miss her.
Wedding: 07/09/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz is clearly a very experienced event/wedding planner. Her experience made our daughter's wedding go off flawlessly. She is extremely creative and was very adapt at interpreting our daughter's goals/expectation into a reality. It's so important to have someone who you can count on to look out for all the details and Liz is one step ahead. She's also extremely resourceful on adding little touches that make the event special and unique - something I think every bride wants.
Wedding: 06/11/2011

Anonymous 1 Reviews

Liz is known for her gorgeous "traditional" weddings but she is also a great creative spirit if your wedding is going to be off the beaten path. My husband and I had envisioned an edgy Steampunk wedding in our hometown of Savannah, GA. Liz "got it" right away and helped us create a day that was fantastically unique, utterly memorable and flowed perfectly without any hiccups. She was also great with understanding our budget and what was important to us. After all of our "must haves" were tallied up, we had a tiny floral budget to work with Liz took that tiny budget and made it look like a million bucks. You would never guess how little we actually spent on flowers :) I highly recommend Liz for a wedding day that will be as close to perfect as you can get...no matter what your style is.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter and I really enjoyed working with Liz. We were very happy with her creative style as it was exactly the look the bride wanted for her outdoor wedding. I definitely recommend her services.
Wedding: 05/14/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elizabeth is an absolute delight to work with! She truly made the wedding planning process fun and exciting. When people ask me how my daughter's wedding was, my answer is always the same, "It could not have been more beautiful, and best of all, it was drama free!" Elizabeth brought Kara's vision to life, and her attention to detail ensured that we always knew everything was "under control." Simply put, I wholeheartedly recommend Elizabeth! ~ Jane P. Powers (Mother of the Bride)
Wedding: 01/01/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz was such a pleasure to work with! Being an artist myself, it was very important for me to find someone who could take the many and random thoughts in my head and make them cohesive and tie them into a singular vision. Being flexible is so important, too! We had a budget and I feel like every time I turned around I had more ideas that were going to bump that up considerably! Liz was great about grounding me. She offered great alternatives to my ideas that were cost-effective yet still right on target with the feel of our wedding! There were so many little touches of charm and beauty that she added in that I didn't even see until looking through my wedding pictures! If you like the extraordinary instead of the ordinary when it comes to your wedding, Liz Demos is DEFINITELY the planner and event designer for you! =D
Wedding: 01/01/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz completely blew us away with her ability to not only manage the big picture planning and logistics of our wedding (which took place on a ferry-accessible only island that created many hurdles), but her attention to detail was noticed by everyone. Liz is a visionary who clearly has passion for her work, and I can't recommend her enough!
Wedding: 10/30/2010
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz was amazing to work with and was able to capture our vision to perfection! Plan your budget and stay on top of it throughout the process. Prompt and thorough communication is key.
Wedding: 05/28/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz was absolutely fantastic! My greatest fear with the whole wedding process was that I was going to put all of this time, energy, and money into having a very unique event and my guests wouldn't really "get it" or would think it was just wacky. One of the greatest things Liz did for our wedding was that she was able to tell me if my ideas (for example having guests transported to the ceremony site in a big, old farm truck) actually were over the top. If there was something I really wanted, she would've made it happen no matter what but she didn't just say she loved every idea I came up with. She gave me her honest opinion and that was extremely valuable to me. My traditional mother was not overjoyed with the idea of us getting married in a hayfield but when she saw what Liz did with that hayfield she was absolutely thrilled. Liz translated what we wanted into something that everyone, from my 96-year-old great grandmother to my 2-year-old neice, could enjoy and appreciate. I feel confident that no one thought anything was wacky or weird no matter how non-traditional it was. What we wanted for our wedding reception was for people to just have a great time. We didn't want anything stiff or formal. We wanted relaxed, casual, and most of all FUN! Several times now, we've had friends and family tell us that they've never had so much fun at a wedding! Liz made this happen for us and we couldn't be more happy with the way everything turned out!!
Wedding: 05/01/2010
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz was amazing. First of all we had contracted most of our vendors but she gave us tips on resources to find "special and unique" items that made the wedding very personal to us. Our wedding and reception was at our home so we wanted it to be intimate and beautiful. It was, thanks to Liz's advice and suggestions. She understood what we were trying to achieve and made it happen. Also Liz and her assistant Meg became part of our family the weekend of the wedding. They were around for the tent set up, rehearsal, and day of the wedding, always making sure everything was done correctly and providing assistance when needed. They were a pleasure to have around, professional, courteous, respectful, humorous, fun. Thanks to Liz for making Sydney's wedding everything she wanted it to be.
Wedding: 04/24/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz was such an amazing planner. In the beginning I thought I didn't need a planner for my wedding but I am SO thankful we found Liz when we did. Having her help along the way made my wedding what I envisioned and having her there on the day of the wedding took all the stress off me and my family. She really pulled it off...I never doubted her!
Wedding: 04/24/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz is simply amazing and I would highly recommend her to any bride getting married in and around Savannah. Her taste is impeccable, she is professional, she has wonderful resources and she surrounds herself with a remarkable team. If you have the opportunity to hire her now, please do...I imagine within a year, she will need to put people on waiting lists. Really, she's that good!
Wedding: 04/10/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz was a dream to work with. She has a great sense of style - both her own, and in seeing what works for other's, she was able to use that to create an event that reflected me and my now husband perfectly.
For me, the little things are so important, and Liz's attention to detail was amazing.
She went above and beyond for us - she was able to accommodate our need for last minute additional services, which was a huge life savor and ended up working out beautifully!
Her knowledge of local resources is amazing as well.
On top of that, she is such a sweet soul, and you can tell she truly loves her work.
Wedding: 10/10/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Liz's connections are exceptional. She was able to deliver what we wanted and more...all with out loosing her cool!! She takes your vision and makes it classy and enables it to come to life. Liz makes it a fun experience the whole way through. Excellent excellent excellent.
Wedding: 05/09/2009