Elegant Linens
Rentals of specialty linens, chair covers, chaivari chairs, back drops, etc.
12126 Westheimer Rd #118

• Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
In some cases I felt like i did not get the best service where I was undecided and unsure of my decision. Some of the pricing I thought was a little pricey.
Elegant Linens responded with the following comments:
Hi Bridgette,

On behalf of Elegant Linens we are truly sorry you did not feel completely taken care of. Please understand that we try to give as much guidance, but the final decision must always be your own as, after all, it is your special day!

We wish you the best in your future endeavors and always warmest regards!

Sincerely
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
This was the single worst vendor that we worked with for our wedding. We met them at the Bridal Extravaganza. We used them for chiavari chairs only. When we initially set up the contract, we were alerted that there would be an additional $100 fee because our event was on the second floor of our venue. We paid that and all other charges prior to the wedding in good faith that we were working with a good company.

At 8am the morning following our wedding my wife received a call and subsequent voice mail on her cellphone. We were first shocked that anyone, let alone a vendor, would be calling us so early after our wedding night. The message was a rant from the manager of Elegant Linens telling us that the venue was not allowing her crew to use the elevator to pick up the chairs. She demanded that my wife immediately call and tell the venue to allow her crew the use of the elevator. As we were getting on a plane to travel to our honeymoon we both laughed at the absurdity of the request that she would call her customer to get in the middle of there issues. We hoped that she must have been frustrated and called in the heat of the moment and would realize the ridiculousness after she calmed down.

When we landed in the airport a week later, my wife powered up her phone and found an email from Elegant Linens. The email stated a long story of how awful the venue was and had no choice but to charge us additional labor fees because they had to use the stairs for part of the pickup instead of the elevator. As we already paid additional fees for a second floor delivery, we found it preposterous for a company to think they can just make up charges because they had some issues.

The next week, my wife spoke with the manager on the phone. At the beginning of the conversation the manager stated that she would refund the disputed amount. When my wife stated that she was still dissatisfied by the disruption to our privacy and the way everything was then handled. The manager then backed away and was not clear if she would refund the charge or not. There was NO credit issued. My wife followed up several weeks later by email and was told that the issue was still "under review". Not sure what else there is to review but we then proceeded to dispute the charge through our credit company.

Based on the unprofessional communication methods, lack of customer appreciation/service, the audacity to make up charges not in the contract, and not approved. This was the single worst wedding vendor we worked with.

If you choose to do business with them be prepared to pay by cash or check because you never know what they will do with your credit card.
Elegant Linens responded with the following comments:
Elegant Linens has been in business for over 10 years and has an outstanding reputation. Never have we confronted a situation of this kind or have left a client or bride unhappy. We are highly recognized for the best customer service because we are friendly and accommodating to our clients’ needs.

We are so sorry to hear these horrible comments and false accusations about our company. There is a contract signed by the client authorizing charges on their credit card. Therefore, there were no unauthorized charges made.

When an unforeseen situation occurs, our company policy is to contact the person in our contract to notify them of the situation (To avoid any “Why wasn’t I told?” or “I wasn’t aware of this!”). In this case, to avoid any disturbance to the client, we tried to contact the manager at the venue but had no success but did speak to the chef who was causing the situation. There was never a demand or any kind of hostility in our voicemail. We were just notifying our client of what was happening to see if she could help with the situation being that she is the one we have a contract with. In the contract she signed, she is liable for any unpaid services.

Our crew was required to pick up chiavari chairs at the venue the next morning. In order to successfully complete the contracted service, our crew needed to use the service elevator located in the kitchen. Unfortunately, the chef did not allow them to step in his kitchen to get the chairs out and demanded that the chairs be removed from the venue using the stairs. After trying to reason with the chef and trying to contact the venue manager, our crew had no choice but to carry chairs on their backs down the stairs. Not only was this degrading our crew, it caused physical pain and acquired more labor time. We did notify our client by phone and email that there would be additional labor fees involved. Clearly, our client did not care to help by just making a simple phone call to the chef at the venue. I must say, this is very inhumane.

Our main goal is the keep our clients happy throughout and after the event. In order to keep our client happy in this situation, we offered to refund the labor fees our client was responsible for, but it made no difference to her. There was absolutely no reasoning.

We can assure you the staff at Elegant Linens strives to give the best quality and customer service as seen in all previous reviews.

Elegant Linens does not give into threats of refunding money in order to avoid negative reviews.

Staff at Elegant Linens.
Wedding: 06/23/2012
  • Value:  4.0

Anonymous 6 Reviews
Beth and Ailie at Elegant Linens were great! They helped me outfit my reception with the most beautiful linens and chairs that fit my vision of an elegant and romantic space.

Their prices are lower than all the other linens companies that I researched. ESPECIALLY the chiavari chairs! I got them for $6/chair! If you've done your research like I have, you'll know that price is unheard of!

They helped us with deciding which areas of the reception needed "stand out" linens so we could get the most bang for our buck.

They set up the reception venue the night before to allow my florist to come in early on the wedding day and not have to wait for them to set up. It was a huge time saver and really helped make our set up go smoothly.

The day before the wedding, we had 5 guests say that they were going to be able to make it, and the Elegant linens team didn't bat an eye when we asked them to add more chairs, sashes and napkins.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The ladies at Elegant Linens were able to accomplish a beautiful table setting via email and pictures that was budget friendly and gorgeous! I was impressed from start to finish....
Wedding: 04/14/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They beat the price of the other linen places we looked at and the linens were just as nice if not nicer! They were really great to work with!
Wedding: 01/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Easy to deal with, great pricing and very nice!
Wedding: 02/19/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Beth and Brenda were great to work with and the linens definitely helped set the tone for our wedding. The table overlays in our color had to be ordered because they didn't carry them and they never even hesitated to push that through. We would definitely recommend them to anybody looking for linens for your wedding day.
Wedding: 01/14/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Elegant Linens by Beth were amazing and I really appreciated her assistaance with my selection of linens. She was extremely professional and resonded within a great time frame. I would recommend her to future brides!!!!!
Wedding: 11/28/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Beth at Elegant Linens was a pleasure to work with. She was extremely professional and her linens were beautiful! I would definitely work with her again!
Wedding: 10/10/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
She was very professional and helpful and everything was exactly as I had ordered.
Wedding: 10/03/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elegant Lines were so great and made things very easy then they gave us a class on how to fix the linens on the tables and chairs THIS IS REALLY A GREAT COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wedding: 10/03/2009
  • Value:  4.5
I highly recommend Elegant Linens
Wedding: 08/22/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Jessica and her company were amazing! Not only did they special order me the color I wanted that they didn't have in stock, but she didn't charge me extra for it! My reception looked amazing because of her beautiful chair covers and sashes, not to mention the people that came at the end of the night to take them all did it in a quick and professional manner. Highly recommended!
Wedding: 04/24/2009
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I used Elegent Linens Events and they did a wonderful job! I spoke with Beth and she was awsome! She made sure I felt comfortable about the way the linens were going to look and even had me ask certain questions to the country club to help save us money. I would definately use this company again, if ever needed.
Wedding: 03/28/2009
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
The chair covers and tie backs were beautiful but a little pricey.
Wedding: 01/19/2008
Services Used: Flowers
 281-531-0212
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire