Electra Entertainment

4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The best compliment I think for a DJ is that everyone is dancing and that is absolutely how our wedding was. The dance floor was packed the entire time. He know exactly how to keep the party going. Josh was also excellent at keeping the flow along and was very energetic (but not overly). He didn't miss a thing that we had discussed prior and was very easy to work with.

Services Used: DJ

Amazing!!! Josh Levine is a fantastic DJ, Emcee, and all around professional.

He did an amazing job with our wedding, he was able to read the crowd very easily and play music that got them dancing. He transitioned smoothly from song to song, and really ended the night well.

He also did the lighting which was absolutely stunning. I HIGHLY recommend Josh and all of his services. Very very professional and did an amazing job. Well done Josh!

Services Used: DJ

Loved how flexible they were, felt like I didn't have a ton of contact ahead of the reception, but still was able to use their online tools for planning (huge plus!!) We had asked that nothing too risky would be played, there was one song that as a little bit but other than that he did a fantastic job!

Services Used: DJ

Electra DJ was awesome. We had to plan our wedding in a short period of time (3 months) and Electra worked with our reception venue. Since we were so busy pulling things together, we didn't even talk to our dj until the night before the wedding when we were in the middle of rehearsal. It was our fault we had problems connecting with them prior but they kept calling to get the information they needed. We are a bit picky with the kind of music we wanted played, we had a very specific idea in mind. And Electra was perfect...every song they played was a hit...even my 90 year old grandma was dancing the night away...no one could get her off the dance floor. They helped to make our wedding perfect, which impressed me so much because of how much we procrastinated in planning with them. Thank you for everything!!

Services Used: DJ

I was very pleased with Electra Entertainment who was recommended to me through our reception venue. We had Vince deejay our wedding ceremony and got many compliments on the music that was played. He did a WONDERFUL job with playing a good mix for the younger and older at our wedding. I wanted people to be up and dancing at our wedding and I would say there was not a dull moment on the dance floor the entire night!

Services Used: DJ

I love the way Electra gives you control on what songs you want play and when. The website/account they give you makes things very convenient to set up your reception music. Thank You!!!!

Services Used: DJ

I had the president of Electra Entertainment (Josh Lavine) come out and do my Deejaying on my wedding day, and every single one of my guest enjoyed the music and had a wonderful time! The best thing about Electra Entertainment is the personal face to face you get with your DJ. Josh was available for any questions either by e-mail or phone any time, and it was so comforting to know I had that!
I would recommend Electra Entertainment to every bride to be or any event needing a DJ!

Services Used: DJ

Everyone at the wedding thought that the DJ was amazing. He was perfectly responsive to the crowd's needs, and got people who NEVER dance to get up and move out on the floor! Our DJ was Jack (we can't comment on the other ones) but he fit the bill perfectly. One quick piece of advice - if you are going to be doing a hora (jewish circle dance), check in with him before hand because the song can last for almost fifteen minutes, and some of our older guests looked like they were starting to get dizzy!

Jack was fantastic.

Services Used: DJ

Josh at Electra Entertainment was delightful to work with. He was prompt with responses to my music questions and requests, super-professional in handling a few awkward moments that arose during our reception (no champagne for the toasts, an unexpected toast...), and even let the groom come up to the balcony to karaoke his favorite song. All of our guests enjoyed the evening immensely and Doug and I got to dance the night away!

1.5

Electra Entertainment provided the DJ services at my August 2009 wedding. We were impressed with Electra at our initial meeting and the value for their services seemed like a great deal.

I wish we would have gone with another DJ.

Firstly, the DJ mispronounced my name when he announced me and my husband. And this was after our wedding coordinator told him how to say it just 2 minutes before the announcement. He played songs that were on our "Do Not Play" list and helped himself to our open bar.

When we first complained about the service, Electra promised to send a gift certificate to a local restaurant as an apology for their terrible service. We never received it.

Save yourself potential aggravation and go with another DJ!

Electra Entertainment responded with the following comments:

We are sorry that this one bride felt this way. As you can see based on feedback from other reviews we work extremely hard to provide fantastic service which has led us to receive numerous awards from WeddingWire, TheKnot and the referrals of countless vendors, venues and previous clients.

Give us a call and judge for yourself.

Profile Picture
Private User
2+ years ago

Electra Entertainment played a perfect mix of music! Both young and old were flocking to the dance floor all night long. Thanks to the team at Electra, the party came alive better than we could have imagined! (Some, I am told, were even disappointed when the music stopped and it was time to go home!)

Services Used: DJ

Electra Entertainment were amazing and Meredith was so helpful in all the different traditions that took place during our reception. I couldn't have asked for a more personal and friendly DJ!

Services Used: DJ

I would just like to say that Jack was our DJ and he did a fantastic job. We asked for an upbeat, fun, dance all night long DJ and that is what we got. He kept our guest on the dance floor having a great time. We have not stopped getting coments about how much fun everyone had and how nice and easy going the DJ was. He was very polite to all our guest and played the requests that they asked for with no hesitation. I would absoulutly recommend this DJ company to anyone.

Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago

Josh was a FANTASTIC DJ-- He set a fabulous tone and atmosphere for our wedding reception. We couldnt have asked for better!

Services Used: DJ

We used Electra Entertainment for our wedding at the Elkridge Furnace Inn and I would highly recommend them. The day of our wedding there was a terrible storm and Josh the DJ made sure that the music would still sound good throughout the venue over the thunder. We also had a few timing gliches but Josh improvised and no one ever knew that we were off schedule. Josh was wonderful at announcing the wedding party and never mispronounced any of our tough names. Josh and his staff were very professional and helped us with music selections and never played any songs that were on our 'do not play list'. Everyone had a blast at our wedding - lots of great dancing photos thanks to Josh.