El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I cannot begin to say enough good things about El San Juan Resort. From the time we checked in, to the time we checked out, it was an amazing experience. Even before that, through all of the e-mails back and forth to the catering manager, Amnel Colon, he was so responsive and accommodating. He helped with things that weren't even related to the wedding. Throughout my entire wedding planning process, he was the easiest person to work with, and caused me zero stress! Our hotel stay was made even more amazing my Amnel and the hotel staff. Our reception was perfect, and we also hosted a breakfast the morning of the wedding at the hotel, which was amazing. I highly recommend El San Juan Resort - they made every part of the wedding planning process easy and stress-free.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We get so happy with our decision to get our wedding in this hotel. The food was amazing, was warm and with a good flavor. Our wedding was in the International ballroom, so we have space to show the decoration but at the same time everybody are together celebrating. The acoustic is nice, the band and dj sound was great. The chandeliers are gorgeous, a glamorous look. Also our families stay in the hotel, in total we get like 17 rooms , and all of them are perfect. Our honeymoon night when we get in the room, we have wine, cheese, fruits, and crackers. And finally we always count with the help of Amnel Colon, catering sales manager of the hotel, he was in charge of everything related with our weeding, and everything was perfect

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was a destination wedding. Before selecting ESJ for our Ceremony & Reception on 4/25/15 I read a few reviews which spoke very highly of Amnel Colon and I have to say that it could not have been more accurate. My husband and I traveled a couple of times to PR to meet with our vendors and then the food tasting (we live in Boston but we are originally from PR so the trips were always a bonus for us). First of all, the hotel is just beautiful, the Bayan Tree is very romantic and ESJ offers many different reception areas that you could not go wrong with any of them. We worked with Amnel for over a year and I could honestly say that he has been the most amazing staff member we could have work with in this entire wedding process. He basically held my hand the entire year and I'm very grateful. I'm extremely happy that we chose ESJ because I don't think we could have gotten a better service else where. He replies to emails, questions and concerns right away. He is very professional, friendly and just incredible to work with. The staff is amazing, the food selection was just delicious. Our guests spoke very highly about the food, the decor and the service. Before making your final decisions, check ESJ out and reach out to Amnel; you will not be disappointed. Our experience was that much more memorable because of Amnel. We will def return to ESJ when we visit Puerto Rico again.

Bethzy & Efrain
4-25-15

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amnel is the best! We planned the wedding from NJ so responsiveness was key to us. Amnel always got back and clarified any questions we had. We held our rehearsal dinner and wedding at the hotel and all events went very smoothly! The food was great and service even better. The staff made sure to pay close attention to us and always had food/drinks ready. Our guests were so impressed and had an awesome time. I would highly recommend this resort for couples looking for a great vibe and awesome food/service. Thanks Amnel!! Allyson and John

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Most perfect place to get married for 110 guests. Our coordinator, Amnel, was the best thing that ever happened to us. Made the whole process run smoothly and always accommodated to our every need. He knew exactly what we wanted and made our visions come true. We got married last weekend at "La Terraza" and the room was out of this world. We kept getting compliments on how different the room was compared to all the regular ball rooms. The neon lights gave it that extra special touch. All of our out of town guests stayed at the resort and were more than entertained with the casino, pool, beach, lobby music & Club Brava. It was the perfect place to host all of our wedding events. I couldn't thank Amnel enough for making this a weekend to remember.

Laura
03/07/2015

I am SO glad that we chose this hotel for our wedding. Everything, absolutely everything was just great and that's because everybody (from the catering manager to the waiters and the hotel staff) wants to contribute to make everything perfect for your special day.
I can not praise Amnel Colon enough! Since the first time I spoke to him over the phone he was very patient with all our questions and committed to adjust to our needs.
The hotel's new Chef, Ivette Rivera ??? was able to accommodate her schedule for an impromptu-almost last minute food tasting prior to the wedding and she was very nice, even took time to meet me and explain some of his delicious creations. Food was a hit and all our guest had a great time! Go to this hotel for your event!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding events at El San Juan were absolutely beautiful. I am so glad we chose to have our wedding there! We held our ceremony at Panorama which had a fabulous view and our reception at La Terraza. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Amnel eas very responsive and easy to work with and he and his staff provided excellent service throughout the planning process. Amnel, thanks again for everything, I will definitely recommend you to friends!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Private User
Recently Married

Just had our dream wedding at the El San Juan Hotel! Amnel was amazing and our guests had an absolute blast! The food was delicious ( not always the case at weddings) down to the last bite. Everyone was so happy and pleased with their stay from beginning to end! Thank you to everyone there for making our big day so perfect!

Claudia
Recently Married

Amnel Colón was amazing! Very professional, friendly, and flexible with our requests. The venue is beautiful and the location is perfect. The food was delicious too. I even had my ceremony there because the whole place (La Terraza) is perfect for it. My guests also stayed a few nights at the hotel and they all had a great experience. Highly recommended!

Danielle
10/04/2014

Wedding planners Melissa and Priscilla were very helpful and patient. Panorama was beautiful for the ceremony. 2 thumbs up

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Diana
09/13/2014

El San Juan Resort was the perfect place for my wedding. Amnel looked after every detail and that made it all come as I wished. Beautiful place.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here on August 24, 2014. We also did a rehearsal/welcome dinner the Saturday before, on the 23rd--both experiences were wonderful! We reviewed and spoke with 8 hotels before deciding on the El San Juan for our destination wedding. Melissa Martinez was prompt with phone calls and emails and was always available to answer questions and explain hotel policies. "Panorama" was used for the welcome dinner---great view and great food! "Encanto" was used for our wedding venue (ceremony and reception) and it was excellent!!!!! Great food, great view, staff to support us and everybody was pleasant and accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel for events in the future!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Every review seems to mention Amnel Colon and there is a reason for it. He was extremely nice and accommodating before and during the wedding. We changed what we wanted several times in order to fit our budget and guest list. Each time, Amnel responded within a day with a new quote. It ended up being a very affordable wedding at a beautiful venue.

Our wedding was supposed to be outside at Encanto but it ended up raining. We moved the wedding to the Panorama room and it turned out great. The food was perfect, steak and lobster. Our families were extremely happy with the resort overall.

Another person that is always mentioned in these reviews is Susan Wilkerson. Again, there is a good reason for it. We have stayed at the El San Juan twice now, and each time, Susan helped us get a room that was perfect for us. Overall, our wedding could not have gone better.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The hotel did a great job with gathering information and providing us with superb service on the wedding day. Working with Melissa Martinez was great. She was pleasant and responded to all my concerns. She also worked well with my coordinator. I would recommend this hotel for it's service, the look, and the location. So happy I decided to have my wedding there.

Lorraine
07/25/2014

We normally do not review services we get but, this time was imperative to do so. Most of the wedding venues could be assessed for many of their attributes food, landscape, interiors, reception service staff and this one is definitively within the top 5 in Puerto Rico. It does exceed in an area no other venue has. His name is Amnel Colon (Catering Sales Manager). This guy made the difference, from the very first inquiry we made by being so pleasing, attentive and easy to work with. These, in combination to follow through on details and requests, keeping our budget guideliness in mind, made our wedding the most amazing souvenir from the nigt/weekend. Thanks to him every single invitee was amazed and pleased by the event as well. If we have to do any kind of celebration, we will definitevly choose this venue again and all thanks to him and of course the staff behind him.

Private User
07/11/2014

I have been planning our wedding since November 2013. It was a destination wedding so all we had to go by were a few brochures and customer reviews. El San Juan Resort and Casino did not disappoint. Our ceremony was initially suppose to be held outside but it was expecting rain during that timeframe, so the call was made to change the location in enough time to notify all guests that were attending and the second location was better than the first. The reception space at the Panorama Room was beautiful and the guests enjoyed the appetizers and entrée. Everyone was very attentive and we didn't have to worry about a thing that whole day. I would highly recommend this venue for any type of celebration!!