El San Juan Resort & Casino, A Hilton Hotel

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Most perfect place to get married for 110 guests. Our coordinator, Amnel, was the best thing that ever happened to us. Made the whole process run smoothly and always accommodated to our every need. He knew exactly what we wanted and made our visions come true. We got married last weekend at "La Terraza" and the room was out of this world. We kept getting compliments on how different the room was compared to all the regular ball rooms. The neon lights gave it that extra special touch. All of our out of town guests stayed at the resort and were more than entertained with the casino, pool, beach, lobby music & Club Brava. It was the perfect place to host all of our wedding events. I couldn't thank Amnel enough for making this a weekend to remember.

Laura
03/07/2015

I am SO glad that we chose this hotel for our wedding. Everything, absolutely everything was just great and that's because everybody (from the catering manager to the waiters and the hotel staff) wants to contribute to make everything perfect for your special day. I can not praise Amnel Colon enough! Since the first time I spoke to him over the phone he was very patient with all our questions and committed to adjust to our needs. The hotel's new Chef, Ivette Rivera ??? was able to accommodate her schedule for an impromptu-almost last minute food tasting prior to the wedding and she was very nice, even took time to meet me and explain some of his delicious creations. Food was a hit and all our guest had a great time! Go to this hotel for your event!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding events at El San Juan were absolutely beautiful. I am so glad we chose to have our wedding there! We held our ceremony at Panorama which had a fabulous view and our reception at La Terraza. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Amnel eas very responsive and easy to work with and he and his staff provided excellent service throughout the planning process. Amnel, thanks again for everything, I will definitely recommend you to friends!

Private User
Recently Married

Just had our dream wedding at the El San Juan Hotel! Amnel was amazing and our guests had an absolute blast! The food was delicious ( not always the case at weddings) down to the last bite. Everyone was so happy and pleased with their stay from beginning to end! Thank you to everyone there for making our big day so perfect!

Claudia
Recently Married

Amnel Colón was amazing! Very professional, friendly, and flexible with our requests. The venue is beautiful and the location is perfect. The food was delicious too. I even had my ceremony there because the whole place (La Terraza) is perfect for it. My guests also stayed a few nights at the hotel and they all had a great experience. Highly recommended!

Danielle
10/04/2014

Wedding planners Melissa and Priscilla were very helpful and patient. Panorama was beautiful for the ceremony. 2 thumbs up

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Diana
09/13/2014

El San Juan Resort was the perfect place for my wedding. Amnel looked after every detail and that made it all come as I wished. Beautiful place.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here on August 24, 2014. We also did a rehearsal/welcome dinner the Saturday before, on the 23rd--both experiences were wonderful! We reviewed and spoke with 8 hotels before deciding on the El San Juan for our destination wedding. Melissa Martinez was prompt with phone calls and emails and was always available to answer questions and explain hotel policies. "Panorama" was used for the welcome dinner---great view and great food! "Encanto" was used for our wedding venue (ceremony and reception) and it was excellent!!!!! Great food, great view, staff to support us and everybody was pleasant and accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel for events in the future!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Every review seems to mention Amnel Colon and there is a reason for it. He was extremely nice and accommodating before and during the wedding. We changed what we wanted several times in order to fit our budget and guest list. Each time, Amnel responded within a day with a new quote. It ended up being a very affordable wedding at a beautiful venue.

Our wedding was supposed to be outside at Encanto but it ended up raining. We moved the wedding to the Panorama room and it turned out great. The food was perfect, steak and lobster. Our families were extremely happy with the resort overall.

Another person that is always mentioned in these reviews is Susan Wilkerson. Again, there is a good reason for it. We have stayed at the El San Juan twice now, and each time, Susan helped us get a room that was perfect for us. Overall, our wedding could not have gone better.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The hotel did a great job with gathering information and providing us with superb service on the wedding day. Working with Melissa Martinez was great. She was pleasant and responded to all my concerns. She also worked well with my coordinator. I would recommend this hotel for it's service, the look, and the location. So happy I decided to have my wedding there.

Lorraine
07/25/2014

We normally do not review services we get but, this time was imperative to do so. Most of the wedding venues could be assessed for many of their attributes food, landscape, interiors, reception service staff and this one is definitively within the top 5 in Puerto Rico. It does exceed in an area no other venue has. His name is Amnel Colon (Catering Sales Manager). This guy made the difference, from the very first inquiry we made by being so pleasing, attentive and easy to work with. These, in combination to follow through on details and requests, keeping our budget guideliness in mind, made our wedding the most amazing souvenir from the nigt/weekend. Thanks to him every single invitee was amazed and pleased by the event as well. If we have to do any kind of celebration, we will definitevly choose this venue again and all thanks to him and of course the staff behind him.

Private User
07/11/2014

I have been planning our wedding since November 2013. It was a destination wedding so all we had to go by were a few brochures and customer reviews. El San Juan Resort and Casino did not disappoint. Our ceremony was initially suppose to be held outside but it was expecting rain during that timeframe, so the call was made to change the location in enough time to notify all guests that were attending and the second location was better than the first. The reception space at the Panorama Room was beautiful and the guests enjoyed the appetizers and entrée. Everyone was very attentive and we didn't have to worry about a thing that whole day. I would highly recommend this venue for any type of celebration!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was a dream. Our hotel event coordinador Amnel was a pleasure to work with and very knowledgeable of everything through out the entire process. He also made sure we were comfortable during our entire stay.

We would most certainly come back here to stay and would recommend this venue to others. :)

Elizabeth
06/21/2014

Amnel was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. We made all arrangements via email and phone. Amnel recommended a wedding planner to assist with all the other details which worked out perfectly. The ceremony and reception went exactly as planned. The service at the reception was amazing! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. All our guests had a wonderful time and many commented it was the best wedding they'd been to. We had several vegetarians and they all felt the food was delicious and plentiful. We had a few small children at the wedding and the staff had their kids' menu food ready during cocktail hour so they didn't have to wait too long to eat. Amnel was easy to communicate with, get ahold of, and he always responded quickly. I never felt stressed or worried because the communication was easy from my first inquiry 10 months prior to our wedding date. Overall, Amnel and the supporting staff were incredibly professional, responsive, friendly and accommodating.

Cassie
06/14/2014

My wedding was an absolute fairytale! Everything was beyond perfect! Amnel was so amazing he is so fast to respond go emails it made planning my wedding ten times easier!

Michael
04/15/2014

Melissa was a joy to work with. Admittedly, I'm not the easiest person to work with as I have an extremely busy schedule, however Melissa was always able to accommodate requests right up through the ceremony. My wife and I even asked Melissa to join in a picture on our wedding day as we now consider her to be a friend. Melissa will make sure that all boxes are checked leading up to your special day, and will go well beyond her job duties to make sure that you and your guests are all taken care of.