El Chorro

(4.9 / 5.0)
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I always loved the setting of El Chorro and have enjoyed many brunches and dining experiences there in the years living in Arizona. Once I saw the beautiful room and outdoor area, there was no other location I could imagine my big day.

I can't say enough about how elated I am with not only how pleasant the planning process was, but also how stunning everything was on our Big Day. The Event/Wedding Coordinator, Lindsey Renden, was extremely helpful from day one. She provided us with assistance with logistics, made suggestions, coordinated/recommended excellent vendors, and was an absolutely pleasure.

The staff was so attentive, and treated my husband and I like a king and queen that evening to ensure we had everything we needed and were enjoying ourselves.

If you are fortunate to stumble upon an open date, I would suggest booking it as quickly as possible!

• Wedding: 02/14/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This is the most amazing place in the Phoenix area to get married. The food, staff and ambience is absolutely perfect. You can't beat the view of Camelback either. Do yourself a favor and get married here!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding at El Chorro was beyond anything we could have asked for. Throughout the entire planning process Lindsey (one of El Chorro's event planners) was able to help us along the way. She came with lots of experience and ideas. All of the staff that we encountered were extremely friendly and added to our special day! Thank you El Chorro!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have wanted to get married at El Chorro way before I even met my fiancé. The venue is so unique and beautiful not to mention the food is amazing. Well This past October 27th, I was finally able to have my wedding there. It was perfect! My guests said it was one of the most beautiful weddings they have been to. People are still talking about how great the food was. Lindsey, my wedding/contact person there was amazing! She was so helpful. It felt as though she was my wedding planner too. I bounced several ideas off of her and all of her recommendations ended up making our special day better than I could have ever expected! Thanks Lindsey and everyone else at El Chorro!

• Wedding: 10/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful in every way. The staff was perfectly professional and despite not having an outside day-of planner, every single part of our wedding went off without a hitch. The staff an El Chorro is one of the biggest reasons we look back at our big day and can't think of a single thing we'd change.

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was the most gorgeous and fun setting for our wedding, I can't imagine it going any better than it did! Lindsey, Kathy, and Charlie all made sure that our day was spectacular. The food, the service, the professionalism, the view... everything was perfect and so much fun!

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The staff at this location was amazing, it was easy, they were very prepared and had a great list of vendors to work with at their location.

THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!!!! Nothing like any other place I have been to for a wedding yet... and I have been to many :).

• Wedding: 03/15/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for the most perfect Arizona setting for a wedding with amazing food this is it! I didn't want a boring golf resort wedding like everyone else does and once I saw Camelback Mountain as the back drop to the wedding ceremony site I was sold! If you haven't eaten at El Chorro the food is absolutely amazing! The staff, including Lindsay Rendon, the event coordinator, make having a wedding easy! Everything is right there for you, she met with us as many times as we needed to make sure everything was ready for the big day! My guests are still raving about the food! This is a perfect place to get married!

• Wedding: 03/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

El Chorro offered the perfect backdrop for an outside ceremony and inside reception. The El Chorro staff was wonderful and the food was very tasty. I would recommend this venue to anyone for a wedding or private party.

• Wedding: 11/05/2011
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

we really enjoyed working with el chorro and Lindsey for our sunday brunch wedding. Lindsey is so sweet and is always available to answer your questions - no matter how ridiculous they are. ;) she went out of her way to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted and we can't thank her enough. el chorro is a beautiful space, but having beautiful people like Lindsey there make it all that more special. highly recommend this venue!

• Wedding: 11/09/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

El Chorro was an amazing wedding venue! The ceremony and reception were gorgeous! The ceremony lawn had amazing mountain views that wowwed our guests. The reception dinner and h'or deurves were so delicious, I don't think we had one guest who didn't enjoy the food! Everyone we dealt with was professional and worked hard to make our day exactly as I envisioned!

• Wedding: 10/19/2012
Tami
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would recommend El Chorro! It is a beautiful setting and dinner was amazing! They made our wedding day very special.

• Wedding: Recently Married
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

Overall, my wedding at El Chorro was beautiful and the service from the wait staff was excellent. The background could not have been more incredible. I have been getting compliments of people saying it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to. As far as customer service, I do not think this was the best. I had been working with the events planner for over ten months exchanging emails and even meeting with her several times, and the day of my wedding she passed by me, looked at me, and did not even acknowledge me or say hi. A lot of times she would not respond to my emails and I would have to send a second email saying "did you get my previous email?" For the astonishing amount of money we spent, I think this is unacceptable. In addition, we asked for a couple of special requests, all were denied. I think El Chorro is a restaurant that excels on client service but unfortunately this was just not the case with my event. I don't think it would be a reason not to book because the venue is so beautiful and unique, I just think it is something that could be worked on. Also, one should expect to spend a minimum of $30k to get everything they want. All in all, I would highly recommend it for a wedding or event or even just brunch on a Sunday.

• Wedding: 03/31/2012
480-948-5170
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards