El Chorro

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Best venue in Arizona. It is so beautiful and the food and everything is incredible. Plus working with Lindsey was such a joy, she is so happy and helpful all the time! I would highly recommend!

Recently Married

El Chorro provided the most breathtaking venue for our ceremony and reception. Working with the staff and event coordinator was a pleasure. The planning process was a breeze - all of our emails and inquiries were answered promptly and easily. Lindsey is wonderfully helpful and friendly. The staff on the day of the wedding was unbelievable. The venue was perfectly set up, the ceremony and reception went perfectly, and the staff was consistently helpful and friendly throughout the evening. They even made sure my husband and I got a glass of wine and a taste of our cocktail hors d'oeuvres while we were running around getting final sunset photos. And, the food provided for the dinner was perfect. Our guests were blown away by how delicious the dinner was. We were so happy with the entire night and would recommend El Chorro to everyone.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

El Chorro was the perfect venue for us. My husband and I met while living in AZ but have been living in DC for more than 3 years by the time we got married. We knew that we wanted an Arizona wedding, with the beautiful landscape and a classically southwestern feel -without feeling like a cheesy western movie. From the moment we walked into Casa Paloma (the larger reception space) I got butterflies and knew instantly that this was the place we were going to be married. Planning a wedding from the other side of the country can be difficult, but along with my wedding planner, and Lindsey from El Chorro, we were all able to email often to answer any of my questions along the way, as well as schedule visits for food tasting and additional site tours. The food was AMAZING! Definitely NOT your typical "wedding food" - our guests were incredibly complimentary during and now weeks after our wedding. The food and drink was hugely important to us and my husband and I were not only very happy, but also very impressed by it. The quality of service was also outstanding - for example, during our cocktail hour, while taking millions of photos, we had a server assigned to follow us around with our au d'oeuvres and a cocktail for each of us so we could nibble in between shots! So helpful!

I really cannot recommend this place enough, we had the most beautiful wedding and left with such a positive experience. I wish that we could do it all over again!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lindsey and the whole staff were so wonderful to work with. Our wedding night turned out absolutely perfect because of all their hard work.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

El Chorro was the perfect setting for our desert-themed wedding! The venue is beautiful at every turn, from the mountains in the background of the ceremony, to the flowers and cacti on property. The photographers had so many options from water fountains to decorative doors and even an orchard.

Our reception was in Casa Paloma which was a cozy, airy room with doors opening to the outside and lights and a fireplace on the patio. Guests loved the venue and are still talking about how great the food was!

We went with food stations that included sliders and tacos. The food was delicious and a memorable change from most wedding dinners we've had before. The food stations were set up nicely and not too informal at all. The staff doted on us, the bride and groom, from beginning to end. We always had a drink when we wanted it and had more than enough food.
Lindsey Rendon with El Chorro was great to work with and made sure everything ran smoothly leading up to the big day and on the wedding day. She was always quick to respond to the smallest question. I highly recommend El Chorro to any bride looking for a beautiful, one-of-a-kind place to get married!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at El Chorro, in the Casa Paloma Wedding Lawn and Reception Venue. We could not be happier with the entire day and planning process. Lindsey, El Chorro's event planner, is the most knowledgable and helpful vendor I have ever worked with. She went above and beyond with her level of service throughout the process- invited us to events at the venue along the way, made suggestions for our layout, helped us with our timelines and really anything else we needed! We also ended up using many of her suggested vendors for Cake, DJ, Linens, and Florals and were beyond thrilled with the results.
In addition to wonderful Lindsey, the value that you get by booking at El Chorro, is awesome! Items that you would need to pay for to upgrade at other venues come standard- included beautiful white table linens, Chiavari chairs, round tables for the reception, white wooden chairs for the ceremony, lounge furniture, high top and low top tables for the cocktail hour. If I had it to do all over again I would book El Chorro in a heartbeat.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I always loved the setting of El Chorro and have enjoyed many brunches and dining experiences there in the years living in Arizona. Once I saw the beautiful room and outdoor area, there was no other location I could imagine my big day.

I can't say enough about how elated I am with not only how pleasant the planning process was, but also how stunning everything was on our Big Day. The Event/Wedding Coordinator, Lindsey Renden, was extremely helpful from day one. She provided us with assistance with logistics, made suggestions, coordinated/recommended excellent vendors, and was an absolutely pleasure.

The staff was so attentive, and treated my husband and I like a king and queen that evening to ensure we had everything we needed and were enjoying ourselves.

If you are fortunate to stumble upon an open date, I would suggest booking it as quickly as possible!

Recently Married

This is the most amazing place in the Phoenix area to get married. The food, staff and ambience is absolutely perfect. You can't beat the view of Camelback either. Do yourself a favor and get married here!

1+ year ago

Our wedding at El Chorro was beyond anything we could have asked for. Throughout the entire planning process Lindsey (one of El Chorro's event planners) was able to help us along the way. She came with lots of experience and ideas. All of the staff that we encountered were extremely friendly and added to our special day! Thank you El Chorro!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have wanted to get married at El Chorro way before I even met my fiancé. The venue is so unique and beautiful not to mention the food is amazing. Well This past October 27th, I was finally able to have my wedding there. It was perfect! My guests said it was one of the most beautiful weddings they have been to. People are still talking about how great the food was. Lindsey, my wedding/contact person there was amazing! She was so helpful. It felt as though she was my wedding planner too. I bounced several ideas off of her and all of her recommendations ended up making our special day better than I could have ever expected! Thanks Lindsey and everyone else at El Chorro!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful in every way. The staff was perfectly professional and despite not having an outside day-of planner, every single part of our wedding went off without a hitch. The staff an El Chorro is one of the biggest reasons we look back at our big day and can't think of a single thing we'd change.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the most gorgeous and fun setting for our wedding, I can't imagine it going any better than it did! Lindsey, Kathy, and Charlie all made sure that our day was spectacular. The food, the service, the professionalism, the view... everything was perfect and so much fun!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at this location was amazing, it was easy, they were very prepared and had a great list of vendors to work with at their location.

THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!!!! Nothing like any other place I have been to for a wedding yet... and I have been to many :).

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for the most perfect Arizona setting for a wedding with amazing food this is it! I didn't want a boring golf resort wedding like everyone else does and once I saw Camelback Mountain as the back drop to the wedding ceremony site I was sold! If you haven't eaten at El Chorro the food is absolutely amazing! The staff, including Lindsay Rendon, the event coordinator, make having a wedding easy! Everything is right there for you, she met with us as many times as we needed to make sure everything was ready for the big day! My guests are still raving about the food! This is a perfect place to get married!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

El Chorro offered the perfect backdrop for an outside ceremony and inside reception. The El Chorro staff was wonderful and the food was very tasty. I would recommend this venue to anyone for a wedding or private party.

Erin
10/24/2014

We were married in October 2014 in the Casa Paloma and the setting could not have been more perfect. The only thing my husband cared about was that it be a beautiful outdoor location, as we had over 3/4s of our guests traveling for the first time to AZ, and El Chorro delivers on views and setting! Working with Lindsey Rendon was wonderful; she is responsive, patient, and positive. The food was amaze-balls: we went with the tacos/chips&guac/sliders/french fries options and received compliments well after the wedding that it was the best wedding food idea and execution. And of course, the sticky buns :)

Our favorite detail that El Chorro provides is a personal server for the bride & groom during photos. Prior to the ceremony, she asked us what drinks we'd like once we were through. No sooner had we walked back down the aisle than drinks were in our hands and she had a personl app tray for us. All evening, she took care of our drink refills and getting our plates ready. Every venue should add this detail, but I'm glad El Chorro already had it in place!