e scott thompson makeup artist

Flexibility
Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago

I LOVED Scott! He is the nicest person and was such a great addition to the getting ready process. We did no trial run and everyone was really happy with what he did. Some of my bridesmaids decided not to get their makeup done but after seeing what he did with our eyes everyone got at least lashes done. He is a true artist and is worth every penny. If you're getting married in Asheville I wouldn't trust anyone else. I know he is the go-to guy for any asheville commercial shoots so he's definitely the best.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Love, love. love him! He was completely willing to do makeup for just me. Wendy Ballance was not. I was getting married early enough in the day on New Year's Eve that it really wasn't putting him out to do just my face. The hourly rate is the same and he is worth every penny. He worked very well with my hair stylist since we had to do it simultaneously to be sort of on time for the photographers. I think I told the hair/makeup people too late and photographers too early, but it all worked out.

He used fake eyelashes that were absolutely gorgeous and did not look ridiculous. My friends all wanted them too because of what a great job he did applying them and blending them with my own lashes. The lipstick and mascara that was his own formula (for sale at Makeup at the Grove Arcade) worked really well and I am still using both.

I hope I can find an excuse to need to be painted by him again.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Scott was recommended to me by my hair stylist. She refered to him as "the best in Asheville" and the "go to man for make-up" (which I completley understand now). Scott did my make-up for my wedding; I initially did not want to get my make-up done because in past experiences the make-up was caked on and I didn't look like myself. When I expressed my feelings about this to Scott, he immediately knew what I was talking about- and did not do this! Scott did an excellent job on my make-up and I can't thank him enough! When I need make-up done again, he'll be my man!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Scott is fantastic. There is good reason why he's the "go-to" for makeup artistry in Asheville. In addition to being top-notch in his profession, he's just a great person. And a very valuable energy to have around on one of the most stressful days of your life -- laid-back, great sense of humor, calm and pleasant. And his price is phenomenal -- almost felt bad paying him what he asked so made up for it in tip :) And he really is great, his price does not reflect his ability in my opinion -- should be charging double. He also has a store in Grove Arcade where he sells his own line of cosmetics. I'll be heading there on my next trip to Asheville. I got compliments on my makeup from guests and, when my new husband got me alone after the ceremony, he said "your eyes look amazing" -- which is exactly what I'd asked Scott to play up. There is no need to call anyone else for makeup in or around Asheville.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Scott was recommended to me by my wedding planner as well as my florist, who is one of Scott's regular clients. After my make-up trial with him in his intimate, stylish and complete makeup studio, downtown Asheville, I knew I would have to have him as my makeup stylist on the big day! I usually wear heavy eye make-up but knew I wanted something more traditional as a bride. Scott really found the perfect balance between 'me' and something appropriate for my wedding day. I also have sensitive and acne prone skin so I was really worried about having obvious blemishes. Scott made my skin look flawless with relatively light feeling coverage. I still can't believe how undetectable my blemishes were, even in photographs. His unbelievable make-up skills made the stress and worry of troubled skin go away. Scott is extremely attentive to the quality of his work. He would work and re-work every aspect until perfection was reached. Scott was also very likable and easy going as well understanding of my needs and expectations for the wedding day! I couldn't have felt more beautiful!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Scott is incredible! In addition to my makeup, he did my mother's and my best friend's. His eye is so wonderful for creating looks that are true to the person. No gilded lilies! He also maintains a great balance of enthusiasm and calm that is just right to handle an excited, albeit nervous, bride.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Scott is an incredible artist. He did my makeup, as well as my bridesmaids and my mom. We all loved him and I thought everyone looked gorgeous. My husband was even planning to shove cake in my face for the cake cutting at the wedding, but he said I looked too beautiful and he couldn't do it anymore... (thanks Scott - you saved me there!) He also did my rehearsal dinner makeup as the trial run, which worked out great. He was a blast to have around the day of as well - great personality!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Scott did a fantastic job on me and all my girls for the wedding. Loved him!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Scott is an amazing talent! He did his "test run" before the rehearsal dinner (which meant one less time I had to do my make-up -- fabulous!) He was also willing to do the entire bridal party on-site. He has a relaxing, upbeat demeanor that put everyone at ease. Incredibly, everyone's make-up looked great even in the pictures taken AFTER the wedding!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Scott did my makeup as well as my bridesmaids and some of my family for the wedding. He did a really great job on everyone. We looked like ourselves, but just enhanced...not a totally different person! He was flexible with his time and stayed until everyone was done. I would recommend him for any special event!