Dynasty Weddings

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We needed a bilingual English/Chinese MC/DJ team to make the night a blast for us, Asian Americans, as well as our more traditional Asian families.

Simply put what Chris and his team delivered was just that. The MC had great energy and style to entertain both the English and Chinese audiences. He was in constant communication throughout the evening making sure we were comfortable and happy.

We provided a sample list of music that we liked for the DJ. The playlist that was customized for us was on point and guests raved about how awesome the DJ was.

We purchased a package that provided wireless uplights that really added flavor to the venue. Uplight colors can be changed throughout the evening and flashout many colors during dance sets which was very cool.

The evening went great and we couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend checking them out.

Services Used: DJ

When my now wife and I met with Chris the first time for Dynasty Weddings, his professionalism and knowledge sold us. We did our research and/or met with other bilingual MCs and DJs – Dynasty was not the cheapest one, but I am certain it was the best value. If you’re reading this, that means you’re probably looking for an MC/DJ for your wedding… and you probably already know that how important a good MC/DJ will be to make sure you have a great wedding. You don’t want to save a few dollars and end up with someone who can’t keep the party into it or just doesn’t know what they’re doing.

When we first booked with Chris, I honestly had my doubts. Was he going to be that much better than the others that we researched, especially for the price? As the months rolled by and we came closer to our wedding, I felt more and more confident that we made the right choice. Chris was helping us with the minute details, giving us his experience and expertise, but also at the same time, giving us the freedom to make the party ours. Either via conference call or night time meetings, Chris fit us into his busy schedule to make us feel at ease. I don’t want to give away any of what might be his trade secrets, but his method for planning is definitely effective.

At the end of the night of our wedding, my wife and I agreed that we made the right choice. Everyone raved about the whole wedding, and it was in large part due to an MC/DJ that could really keep the audience involved. We had guests of all ages, from young kids to much older adults… a party of almost 400 people. There was never a dull moment and the dance floor was never empty.

We also bought the package that included the party booth, which was a huge hit. My recommendation is an enthusiastic 2 thumbs up and I would recommend them to ANYONE who needs a Chinese/English (or maybe just even 1 of the 2) wedding.

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
1 Review
Recently Married

My now husband and I knew it was very important to find a good DJ/MC to keep our guest entertain at our wedding. Having a great DJ/MC sets the tone to any event. Dynasty Wedding came highly recommended by friends who also used them for their wedding. We had planned to meet with a few DJs but after our initial meeting with Chris we knew we wanted them for our wedding.

We weren't too specific with our music choices apart from a few songs for our First Dance and Entrance to our reception. Dynasty Wedding did a great job keeping the dance floor packed all day long. There was never a moment that the dance floor wasn't packed! Our guests had a blast dancing the day away! We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Thank you Dynasty Wedding.

Things even got more simple when we chose Chris Chen as our photographer for our wedding.
Chris is a very seasoned professional and it definitely shows. We really appreciated how well he organized things with us and our other vendors and made sure the timeline was perfect. He was easy and fun to work with and very flexible. He really got a sense of what we had in mind for the wedding, and made helpful suggestions where needed. We can't wait to see the rest of our photos after viewing his wonderful work of art on the wedding teasers photography.

Thank You Chris Chen Studios, Dynasty Wedding, NYC Photo Booth. You had capture the most amazing day of our life.

Services Used: DJ, Photography, Videography
Recently Married

Very professional and well organized. Chris Chen MC'd and DJ'd our wedding and did a fantastic job with personalizing our wedding with the songs that we wanted from our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Very reasonably priced and attentive to our needs during the planning process. Our guests enjoyed his energy during the reception and he did a good job with keeping on schedule with our day of wedding activities. Highly recommended especially if you want to have an English/Chinese wedding. Chris Chen also does photography and a photo booth but we did not utilize these services.

Services Used: DJ

I'm going to cut all that dialog of all the tough decision making and stress prior to finding/booking a wedding dj, I'm going straight to the point. Dynasty Weddings was definitely the greatest. My guests had an absolute great time. The MC was great in getting the crowd hype and interactive and the dj was ON POINT. I have a mid to late 30's crowd so it's a bit more challenging to get them to go out and dance as we're 'older'. I told the dj play some old school set and BAM, it was non stop after that. He mixed new and old, hip hop to edm to reggae. It was GREAT! I didn't get to hear or dance as much as i was too busy at the bar but all my guests said it was one great party, in which me and my wife wanted. Chris's company is definitely the one to go with so you dont have to worry about have a 'boring' wedding. Get his photobooth too, NYC Party Booth

Services Used: DJ

We recently had our wedding and contracted Dynasty Weddings as our DJ. We were looking for a DJ that catered to my Spanish roots but also to my husbands Asian roots. We were also looking for an MC that would speak English, Spanish and Mandarin. Which was extremely difficult to find. We wanted both our families to understand and be a part of our wedding and Dynasty Weddings made this possible. I only had two requests, everything needed to be said in the 3 languages and I wanted to dance and everyone to have a good time. Well let me just say I danced so much I hardly took any pictures, which I regret a little. :-/.. But hey I got what I asked for :-).. All our friends and family couldn't stop talking about how great the music was and how hot our MC's Raul and CiCi were. All and all I would recommend Dynasty Weddings they did and amazing job!!

1 Review
Recently Married

Had a destination wedding in NYC and needed a DJ setup with lighting. Contacted Chris Chen at Dynasty Weddings and from the beginning, he was very attentive to our needs. We made contact with him and he instantly provided us a quote that was very reasonable. We locked him in for the wedding about 6 months out and he continued to coordinate with us about all of the specific needs for the reception. He had a lighting package of uplights that we added on 2 days prior to the wedding and he delivered on time. On the day of the wedding, he and his crew showed up, set up both the ceremony and reception systems with no issues, and once the ceremony begin, Chris changed into an appropriate suit for the occasion, which was a class act on his part. During the grand entrance, his lighting technician created the energy needed for a spectacular entrance for all of the party. They had great mood lighting during the dinner part and continued to provide us great service. At the end of the night, he came up, gave us a handshake, and we were fully satisfied with his services. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a quality wedding DJ at a competitive price!

missyF4
Recently Married

We were recommended to Dynasty Weddings from a friend. We were not disappointed in the level of professionalism and quality of their service. Chris and his team played an integral part of our wedding day. He was very easy to approach and responded promptly should any questions arise. Our MC Ming provided the bilingual service we needed which made the wedding day enjoyable for everyone. Ming was also instrumental in coordinating the special performances, requests, and details which were numerous. Our special day went off without a hitch thanks to Dynasty weddings. We will definitely continue to recommend Chris and his entire team in the future.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Transportation
Tracey
11/22/2014

Dynasty was wonderful! I found them on theknot.com because I was looking for a bilingual (Chinese) dj. We initially met with Chris just for the entertainment, but ended up booking him as a photographer too. They were very helpful throughout the planning process. I loved the timeline that they created for the wedding day and we followed it to a T!

Only drawback was that they did not play the songs that we had requested to be played at our wedding. My husband and I asked that they did not play club music like Pitbull and Kesha, but they played 5 songs in a row like that and then sprinkled in 1 song off of the list that we made. I would advise that they mix in some more contemporary music for all generations to enjoy.

Services Used: DJ, Photography

I want to throw another party just to hire these guys again. Chris Chen and his team are top notch. They are so detailed and professional. Everything is all about quality with these guys. Our wedding guests are still talking about it-and want to use their services for their future parties!

Planning such a big event is stressful. But, Chris and his team made you feel assured and confident of every decision that went into planning this shindig. As I look back now, I realized I wasn't very communicative and was maybe procrastinating on the details-but Chris was super responsive and got everything done with a smile.
They were very accommodating and supported our ideas.

They truly made our night one to remember.

Thanks and hats off to such a great team!!!

Services Used: DJ, Photography, Videography
4.3

We had an emcee, dj, ceremony and cocktail music coverage, limo service and a photobooth renal from Dynasty Weddings. Here is each service in detail:
Our emcee Ming was awesome. We wanted someone Bilingual who can do minimal translation for my asian guests and he did that well. He was also very energetic the whole night and kept us very informed on what was supposed to happen next. He cued me to change and made suggestions according to the time schedule of the night... For example, we originally had "the shoe game" planned, but Ming mentioned that we can either play the game, but my guests will have their dancing cut short or we can just dance. That was really helpful bc the night wen by so fast, the dancing was much more worth it.
For our DJ, (so embarrassed I don't rememeber his name!!) but we were very happy wih the selection he picked. You have he option of submitting your own list of songs but Hubby and I weren't picky. Sound was great, vibe was upbeat.
Ceremony & cocktail music, to be honest, I can't remember what was played during the cocktail hour, or whether something was being played at all... But it didn't make a difference because we were outdoors on a rooftop and it was pleasant with or without. Chris did also suggest you supply a list of cocktail music of your choice if you desire. As for the ceremony, the only thing i would have changed is to make sure you have the details down. This was not Chris' fault, it was something we overlooked on our side. I would suggest to specify to chris, who/if you want someone walking down the aisle with you, whether you want the doors to be closed after ceremony starts, whether you want to have your guests cued to move up and fill seats up.
Photobooth was amazing. The open booth is by far better than the closed booths ive been to. quality of pics were great. No comments on the limo, service was great.

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Transportation
Recently Married

Dynasty was terrific! We met with Chris multiple times and each time he was easy to reach, eager to speak with us, and remembered us and our wants from one meeting to another. Chris also provided us with a good wedding day timeline template so we could organize our day without having to hire a day-of wedding planner, which was awesome.

We booked him for DJ/MC with a Chinese translator and everyone was very professional. The translations were seamless and she was very soft spoken, much to my liking. We booked the full DJ booth, photobooth, limos, and hair/makeup and everything went according to schedule. Our music was on point and our dance floor was always full.

Thanks dynasty weddings!

Services Used: Beauty & Health, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Recently Married

Dynasty provided the music for our wedding day -- ceremony, cocktail hour, and or course the reception and also the MC for the reception. We had some family members who were did not speak English so thought it would be helpful to have a bilingual MC which was part of the reason for working with Dynasty and they did not disappoint!! We were at ease with Chris from the first day we met with him to go through our options for services and the differences in the packages offered. He didn't up-sell us to services we didn't need. Throughout the months leading to our wedding, Dynasty was responsive to our many one off questions and were very helpful in helping us coordinate the schedule for the day of our wedding.

The DJs who worked our wedding and MC (Ming) were super flexible with us the day of our wedding!! We were (still) adjusting some of the songs (i.e. father-daughter dance, month-son dance, etc) right up to the night before the wedding and when the DJs and MC realized that some of the songs changed, they were very cool with it, went with the flow, and just modified their play list on the spot to what we wanted. On top of that, my husband envisioned a "big entrance" at our reception which involved coordinating the timing of our entrance song to a certain section of the song and the DJs completely nailed the timing which made my husband's night! Lastly, Ming was super-energetic and great in pumping up the guests from the entrance of the bridal party to the end of the evening. In addition, he was also great in coordinating with our maitre d at the wedding venue the chain of events for the evening and making sure we knew our "schedule" for the night. We are very glad we used Dynasty Weddings for our wedding as they certainly helped make sure our day went smoothly and that we had a memorable wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Videography

We were very happy with Dynasty Weddings' service and professionalism! Chris Chen made the process very seamless for us. He made us feel comfortable from our first meeting and made sure all the bases were covered from beginning to end. Dynasty Weddings was flexible with the services we wanted, which included photography, DJ, emcee and lighting. On the day of the wedding, everything went very smoothly. There was great communication with the other vendors and the venue. We never felt rushed that day and were able to get all of the photos that we wanted in. We had a bilingual emcee who did a great job of keeping all of the guests engaged and getting the party started. We had given a list of songs we wanted to be played during the reception to Chris and the DJ was able to take the list and run with it. Dynasty Weddings didn't have any trouble getting the guests on the dance floor! Our friends and family all told us they had a lot of fun at our wedding and we have Dynasty Weddings to thank for that.

Services Used: DJ, Photography

We hired Dynasty wedding for our wedding and couldnt be happier. The DJ was great! We had a younger crowd and it was always packed on the dance floor. Multiple people complimented us on the DJ. The MC was interactive with the crowd and made the night great! He also made us aware of what was coming up since we were so busy with guests!

Overall, we had a wonderful experience and would recommend to anyone.

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer

Dynasty Weddings was wonderful! We were looking for a DJ/MC provider that spoke Chinese, and Dynasty Weddings was everything we needed and more. They were very professional and accommodating. We booked them for our wedding this pas July and it was perfect!

Chris was very helpful and available throughout the process of the planning. He provided a detailed timeline for the wedding and what will happen at each stage of the event. You expect a few things to go wrong during the actual wedding, but if anything did go wrong, it was dealt with and we didn't know about it! We were very pleasantly surprised that everything went as planned.

We hired Dynasty Weddings to take care of practically everything: DJ/MC, photography and videography, hair and make-up, photo booth, and the limo. They did not disappoint. The DJ/MC were wonderful; we were able to provide them with a list of songs and the type of music we wanted played at the wedding and they were very accommodating. They also provided the music for the ceremony with the song that we chose. Everything went through without a hitch, as far as we know. The photography was superb, there were some really amazing shots. And the video, while it took a couple of months longer to complete, was beautifully done and not over-edited. It was very candid. They also provided the photo booth and the props, which was a smash hit with the guests.

The only con I can think of was the limo that they hired to get us from place to place and to the wedding venue: it was an older model of the limo and it looked a bit beat up. But it got us where we needed to go!

All in all, it was a wonderful experience working with Chris Chen and Dynasty Weddings.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Party Supplies, Photography, Transportation, Videography