Dynamite DJs

Dynamite DJs

Richmond, VA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
4.7
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Rhonda & Schlonte' McGee
Recently Married

Awesome, affordable and professional DJ when it came to planning the ceremonial music. Didn't need to be at the rehearsal unless you wanted him to be. Answered all the questions that I had in timely manner no matter what time of day it was. Very flexible during the activities of the reception as we got off track and a little behind with some things but he kept everything running very smoothly.

The only reason why I didn't give Dynamite DJs a 5 star rating was because I felt like the flow and mix from one song to another could have been better when it was time to dance but other than that everyone enjoyed themselves.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ
Private User
Recently Married

Working with Joe was fantastic! First of all, you cannot beat his price at his quality – it's unreal. Joe was very professional, organized, and polite. He thoughts of things and had plans for things that I had not at all considered – like the order for the entry and where we were lining up. His transitions for the music and selection based on the crowd and mood were wonderful, and he was able to seemlessly include special song shout-outs and instructions for guests that I had asked for. Guests were on the dance floor all through the reception and we all had a great time!

Services Used: DJ

Joe was very professional and many of our guests commented on what a great DJ he was. Thanks so much for all the hard work and excellent service for our wedding. We all had a blast and everything was perfect.

Services Used: DJ

Best DJ ever! They kept everyone on the dance floor the entire evening, and it was all so much fun! Very professional.

Services Used: DJ

Jerry was all that you could ask for in a DJ and more! He was so easy to work with and was very prompt in his responses to our emails. He went out of his way to make sure he understood what we wanted in terms of music and announcements and even made himself available to meet with us again a few weeks before the wedding just to make sure everything was on track. We received numerous compliments from our guests on what a great DJ he was but the true test was the fact that the dance floor was full all night long! We had a blast dancing all night and we know that it was due in large part to having chosen the right DJ! Thanks, Jerry!

Anonymous
1+ year ago

Overall, a great experience! The only negative was that he took a little while to respond the week of the wedding, but all other communication was incredibly timely. Joe has a great professional demeanor, and he's very kind - he got my groom and me drinks the minute we arrived at the reception. He was a great DJ, and the price can't be beat!

Services Used: DJ

Joe from Dynamite DJ's was fantastic at our wedding. He knew exactly how to keep the crowd on the dance floor, even though I had not specified any music for him to play. He was always extremely quick to answer emails, which I loved! He could of been a bit more cordial in those emails, but I can understand being a busy person and needing to be quick and to the point. The price for the service is unbeatable. I highly recommend Dynamite DJs for any occasion!

Services Used: DJ

Dynamite DJ's is awesome! I picked them because of their great price and got way more than my moneys worth. They answered questions extremely quickly, I was even getting responses to e-mails at 11pm at night! They have an interactive website so you can put in all of your info, song requests, and even songs that you don't want played. Their sound system was great, they music played very clearly and they even bring lights for a light show during the reception. Great DJ at a great price!

4.7

Joe was awesome! He was very professional and was always quick to respond to my e-mails. We were looking for a DJ that was not super cheesy - Joe was the man! He had a great playlist that got many people out on the dance floor. I would recommend Dynamite DJ's without reservation to any bride.

Services Used: DJ

Thanks Joe, you did an incredible job! I am happy you were available on short notice because my reception was awesome. You played all the right music and everyone had nothing but great things to say!!!!

4.2

Dynamite DJ's is an average wedding DJ at a great price. I would recommend them to a bride who is looking for a bargain and can sacrifice a little on the music.

Services Used: DJ

Joe was our DJ! He was awesome and everyone had so much fun! He suggested all the right music and played all of our requests! we even had a light show which was awesome! he didnt have that big bulky old style set up that takes up half the room! he has all new equip that is up to date and really doesnt make anything look ugly and bulky! Non the less everyone had a great time and we got to dance the night away! Will def use them again

anitacafe
2+ years ago

Jerry Huddleston was our DJ for the reception, and he did an absolutely outstanding job from start to finish. We wanted a very specific playlist, and he was very agreeable to playing only our music choices---and also updating the list up until the last week. He also surprised us by giving us a copy of all the music we requested. He was involved--announcing the first dance, toasts, etc--but not overly so, and definitely not "cheesy." He maintained professionalism throughout the reception. Also, his music system was very impressive---it was the same volume (not too loud, not too soft) from the front to the back of the room. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great wedding DJ.

Services Used: DJ

Great DJ, at a great price! He played all of our requested songs, acted as an MC for the reception events, and kept our dancing crowd happy.

Services Used: DJ

I am so glad we chose Dynamite DJs for the entertainment at our wedding reception. Joe Bowman took the time to keep in touch we me as we shopped around for DJs and even offered advice!! After deciding on Dynamite DJs, I was very pleased at how easy it was to stay in contact with Joe. As far as the reception, it was amazing!! Joe kept us on track the whole time. My husband and I were able to go dance and mingle knowing Joe would let us know when we had to cut the cake, give toasts, etc. I would highly recommend Dynamite DJs, Joe Bowman in particular, to anyone seeking an afforable and dependable DJ who knows how to work a crowd and work well with super busy brides!!