Duvall Events Decor Bar

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

My husband and I recently had our wedding at Magnolia Plantation and used Duvall Events s our caterer. We live in NYC and planned our destination wedding from afar. We worked with Isabelle as our event lead and she was absolutely fantastic! She is so professional, polished, thorough, organized and knowledgeable. Isabelle made our long distance planning so much easier and less stressful. When planning a wedding, it is hard to decide on all of the details and she was so accommodating to our evolving needs and wants. I trusted her judgement from the start and I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. The entire Duvall staff handled everything from set up, to service, to breakdown without a hitch. All of our out-of-town guests RAVED about the food and so many said it was their best meal yet during their stay in Charleston (which I think means a lot considering all of the amazing restaurants around!).

It meant so much to us to put on a great wedding for our friends and family. The Duvall team helped create a fantastic, lasting impression on all. Their staff, food, service and overall quality is impeccable!

Recently Married

Duvall provided the floral and decor for my wedding and they did a phenomenal job! I was so impressed by how well everything came together and how they brought my vision for the reception to life. You will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Catering, Flowers
Morgan
04/10/2015

The food, service, decor and flowers were all amazing!

Services Used: Catering

I was required to use Duvall Catering as the catering service for my wedding venue, but I was delighted that they were the caterers as soon as we had the food tasting. The She-Crab soup is a must for the appetizers! My guest are still talking about how good it was. All of the food was delicious but the soup is very memorable. Also, they have a variety of selections to help you work within your budget. For example, I was able to substitute some of the adult meals for children plates to reduce the overall cost. Wish they had a restaurant so I could stop by anytime!

Dot
03/20/2015

The staff at Duvall did a fabulous job helping with planning my niece's wedding. Isabelle was very professional and helpful in the planning phase. We had a lovely setting, beautiful bride, perfect weather…and fabulous, delicious food for the reception. Jack and the staff were outstanding – great service – attentive without being overbearing. Food was constantly coming out of the kitchen to replenish. All in all, a great job. Thanks for everything and for the perfect service and food during the wedding reception.

Services Used: Catering

Duvall Events did an amazing job on my daughter's wedding in July. The food was absolutely delicious and plentiful and they worked within my budget to make a wonderful menu. The catering captain, Whitney, made sure everything went smoothly and the stations were constantly replenished. Ashlyn and the décor team did an awesome job helping to make this the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen. Everything from the bridesmaid bouquets, draping, café lights, and dozens of other fine details made the venue even more perfect . They even went above and beyond and helped with a couple of things that were not expected. Ashlyn saw our vision with a magical, vintage, romantic wedding and ran with it. She was very professional, made a perfect time line and saw everything to fruition. I can't say enough good things about this company and I would definitely recommend them.

Services Used: Catering, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Therese
03/07/2015

Duvall did an amazing job with the flowers and decor for our wedding at the cotton dock at boone hall. It was everything we wanted and more. The space looked incredible, it was soft and romantic and beautiful. Friends and family were blown away and we are still receiving compliments three weeks later. Ashlyn was very easy and pleasant to work with, very responsive and flexible and she did a great job of executing our vision, we can't thank her enough! Thank you! - Therese & Andy

Services Used: Flowers

Shannan Caldwell was the best wedding coordinator ever. She made sure our wedding went off without a hitch!!! Ashlyn Hebert did a most fantastic job with the flowers. They were beautiful. The food and the service was outstanding!!! I highly reccomend Duval to anyone needing help with a wedding.Thanks Duvall!!!

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Duvall was outstanding! They truly nailed the food, decor, lighting, and execution of the day. We had SO many compliments from guests saying it was the best wedding food (shrimp & grits & filet) and most beautiful wedding they had ever been to.
We worked with Alicia in the beginning for our catering needs and then decided to make the best decision in hiring her for day of coordination. We originally did tastings at 2 reputable companies with fabulous food- however, knowing our wedding would be in the hands of Alicia vs. the other company's contact person put us at total ease and was the determining factor (as we were planning a destination wedding from New England). Alicia was fabulous- so professional, attentive, sweet, and organized, the exact person you would want handling your wedding! Her assistant Amanda who was on site the day of was just as helpful, and professional! Alicia was able to take my vision and run with it- her execution of the day was beyond what I was even expecting! The food was phenomenal, and my husband and I actually sat down and ate our meals. Our rentals through Hannah worked out great and looked beautiful. The wedding cake, Chef Jamie made was delicious too. Duvall was able to work within our budget and even help us cut corners in areas they could. Hiring Duvall was by far the best decision we made during the entire wedding planning process!

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

DuVall Events just recently catered my destination wedding in Charleston at Boone Hall Plantation. Although we were planning our wedding from another state, Alicia worked so well with our wedding planner Natalie Knox from Boone Plantation and myself to make sure everything was perfect. DuVall made my husband and I feel comfortable that everything would be taken care of on our special day. They were very flexible in our requests for food and drink and really made us feel they were tailoring the menu to us. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for catering for a wedding or any other type of event! PLUS, they also made our wedding cake which was delish! our guest are still talking about it.

Thank you!

Recently Married

The Duvall staff went the extra mile to make my daughter's wedding perfect. The chef prepared a delightful array of food which greatly pleased our guests. I am still receiving compliments on the quality of the food. Hannah handled the decor and flowers. She did a beautiful job. Alicia met with us and helped us plan the event. She was wonderful. We would allow Duvall to handle any event. They are a very professional group.

Recently Married

When the rain was threatening fifteen minutes before the beginning of the ceremony, Duvall made sure the venue was rearranged under our reception tent and guests were taken care of, with excellent service and kind help throughout the evening. Kudos!

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers

Not being local to Charleston I relied on my research abilities to select the vendors for my wedding. Duvall Events was highly recommended and I now know why. I worked with Alicia for catering and Ashlyn for decor - both highly professional, responsive, and talented ladies! They worked with me through all the little changes and my million questions along the way. In the end, everything was all that I had hoped for. The food was amazing (guests raved!), the flow was seamless and the decor was beautiful. Our catering supervisor, Rachel, and her entire on-site team were courteous and responsive. Hats off to Duvall Events for a job VERY well done!

Lisa
05/17/2014

Duvall was so responsive and accommodating throughout my entire wedding/planning process. Unlike other vendors, they asked a lot of questions to make sure they knew exactly what I wanted and expected for my wedding. The food and service was wonderful and Isabelle dealt with my many questions and concerns quickly and professionally. The floral and decor were beautifully done and absolutely perfect - They were exactly what I envisioned. I sent Hannah a few pictures and she made everything come to life! Both Isabelle and Hannah were absolutely wonderful to work with and made my day extra special. Thank you so much for everything!

Services Used: Catering, Flowers
05/17/2014

Duvall Events is incredible! They really helped make our day so perfect for my husband and I, and all our guests! Alicia was beyond helpful and so attentive from the beginning, and she really nailed everything I wanted. My husband is French, so they went above and beyond to create special signing that was in both languages, and helped me create the perfect menu all our guests would love! Everything was beyond beautiful, and the cakes, we had so many compliments on how yummy and gorgeous everything was! I can't recommend them enough, they are awesome and hands down the best!

1+ year ago

Duvall was in charge of our wedding food/bar and rentals. They decorated both the ceremony and reception areas as well as provided floral. They did an excellent job! Alicia and Shannon are great. When we first met for the tasting, we automatically knew that we would be booking with them. Great people! My husband and I would recommend Duvall to anyone planning a wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths