DuHon Photography
light@theendofthetunnel.com
1718 Corcoran St NW
Washington, DC 20009  | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture...
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Cassidy is an amazing photographer. He is so extremely talented at what he does! Everything has a vintage-touch. Stylized, but not overdone or cheesy - and it fit in really nicely with the overall style of our wedding. He is also super easy to work with! We are so happy with everything.
Wedding: 09/20/2013
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After talking to friends who were recently married, we were given this advice: Don’t skimp on your wedding photographer. In fact, it’s one area to splurge on to get the person you want. We took that advice and chose Cassidy Duhon as our wedding photographer. It was one of the best decisions we made in wedding planning. Note: Cassidy is moderately priced for the D.C. area, but we were on a tight budget.

During our engagement shoot, Cassidy took the time to get to know us and to learn about the type of photos we wanted. As a result, he was able to really capture who we are in our engagement photos. One thing to keep in mind is that if you want (or have family members that want) a few more traditional engagement pictures, be sure to ask for them. We didn’t personally want the classic portrait pictures and ended up with only one or two. We didn’t mind, but our families wanted some more traditional portraits. The same is true for the wedding day photos – have a list of any shots you definitely want.

On the day of the wedding, Cassidy exceed our already high expectations for him. He and an assistant took beautiful photos from start to finish. He perfectly captured the energy of the ladies getting ready and the nervous look on my husband’s face. We chose to do first-look photos and encourage others to do the same. It’s very intimate, and Cassidy captures it all without getting in the way. We had a very bright day for the wedding, which can be a challenge, but Cassidy was able to get great photos of us throughout our venue – Bluemont Vineyard.

We truly love our wedding photos and fully recommend Cassidy. He’s easy to get along with and a great photographer. He’ll make sure that your personalities come out in your pictures.
Wedding: 09/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were drawn to Cassidy because of his beautiful photography, interesting shots, and artistic eye. Somehow he managed to embody an incredibly fresh, professional demeanor while also keeping us laughing during some of the more stressful parts of our wedding day. He deftly dealt with pushy family members and speedily sent us photographs after our wedding. The photographs turned out so beautifully that we are having trouble figuring out which ones to put into an album. His second shooter was equally awesome, fun, and great to work with. We were so grateful for his time, and feel really lucky that he was our photographer!
Wedding: 07/20/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Cassidy was a perfect blend of artistic yet classic photography. We loved his natural eye in both our engagement and wedding pictures. We were confident in his work because this is his full-time job so we knew he was committed to serving as our photographer. We instantly felt so comfortable with him during our first shoot which made us even more excited for him to capture our big day. I have a big family which can be hard to manage, but he and his team were so kind and organized! We LOVE our wedding photos - they are perfect and absolutely adore the candid pics. He has a wonderful way of capturing those quick, special moments (we hardly noticed him during our ceremony/reception which is a big plus) and every time we look through them it is as if we are reliving the day! He is so talented and highly recommend him!
Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Cassidy is the ultimate professional. I'm so happy that he photographed our wedding, and was able to capture the essence of the party with such great detail! His photography is unique, and I'm thrilled that our wedding photos are not only great memories, but works of art that I am proud to display!

Wedding: 11/17/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Cassidy was amazing! Leading up to the wedding he answered all of my questions and was very quick to respond, he offered alternatives and advice on all of my photo inquiries. On the day of the wedding he and his assistant were prompt and got right to work... we almost didn't know they were there as they were getting some amazing shots of us getting ready. He was great with our families very relaxed and easy going and most of all captured our day perfectly. He is truly talented and was able to get some very unique photos. Cassidy has a very artful eye and we are all impressed with his work. His rates are amazingly affordable, especially for his abilities. He was very prompt with getting our photos to us after the wedding and went above and beyond with my requests. We will cherish our photos forever!
Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Cassidy was absolutely fabulous to work with at our wedding! He was not only professional, but SO much fun to be around for the entire day. I would not change one thing about the pictures he took. They were so tasteful and creative, and completely captured the essence of our wedding. We really wanted to avoid the traditional prom picture wedding style, and Cassidy took it to a completely different level. He got shots I never would have dreamed of, and managed to get every single moment of the entire day. Choosing our photographer was one of, if not the most important decision we made in wedding planning, and we are SO thankful that we got Cassidy. Truly amazing at what he does!!
Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What can I say? BEST decision ever. Cassidy was worth every penny. From the moment I met him I knew I wanted him to shoot our wedding. Our engagement pictures? Awesome. Our wedding pictures? Magazine worthy. The best part was unlike some weddings I have been to where the photographer is up in everyone's business, Cassidy doesn't even feel like he was there. He captured some AMAZING shots and I was thrilled with the quick turn around. I would highly recommend him to anyone if you can get him!!
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Like most girls, I studied every wedding magazine, website, blog, and anything Etsy that one bride-to-be could handle! The day I received my wedding photos from Cassidy was the first time I had felt transformed into the very bride I once admired. He made a rainy & gloomy day be remembered as a beautiful and intimate moment filled with an unforgettable rainbow. He was soft, confident, and professional, and I would have him as my photographer, if I had to do it all over again.
Wedding: 07/14/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Cassidy is amazing! He came highly recommended by our wedding planner and several friends and did not disappoint! We got married after the huge storms left most of NOVA without power this summer...including our wedding venue. It was hot, we were sweaty, but Cassidy and his assistant helped make the evening go seamlessly...they didn't miss a beat! This was a challenging wedding with lots of obstacles (no light, no AC, uncomfortable guests), but him and his team never panicked or complained, they brought professionalism, calm, and comfort to the day and our pictures turned out FANTASTIC...high quality shots that captured every moment....AND no one looks sweaty and hot in the pics! He helped turn a disaster into the best day of our lives!
Cassidy is easy to work with, flexible, and has an amazingly creative eye! I would recommend him to anyone! Hire him, he is worth every photo! :)
Wedding: 06/30/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Cassidy is an amazing photographer. I can write a review about how phenomenal the photos are. But the work speaks for itself. Cassidy told the story of our wedding through the photos and we were so pleased. We have gotten so many compliments on our photos. A friend who was invited to 14 weddings this year said they were the best wedding photos she has ever seen! And she is right. You can not top Cassidy he is the best. And the most amazing part about him is he is a great fun guy. You don't even notice he is there which is an amazing quality for a wedding photographer. And for the posed shots he puts everyone at ease. I loved working with Cassidy and I hope I can work with him again!
Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
A friend of mine hired Cassidy as her wedding photographer and we fell in love with her photo album and quickly hired him when we got engaged. It was one of the best wedding decisions/choices we made! Not only is he easy to work with, but the quality of his work is amazing! Pus, he definitely was a calming presence during a very hectic day! Would recommend Cassidy to anybody in a heart beat
Wedding: 06/08/2012

Mrs. Army... 11 Reviews
WOW! Where to begin with Cassidy.... A. He's AMAZING B. He saved our wedding day!

My husband and I originally had signed a contract with Bruce Best Photography. Bruce Best Photography breached our contract 4 days before our wedding!!!! As you can imagine, we were running around frantically, trying to find a new wedding photographer. God blessed us by having Cassidy available!!! WOO HOO!! God took a terrible situation and blessed us with a photographer who was more than we could have ever asked for.

Cassidy was professional, punctual, fun, kind and generous the whole time during our wedding. Our guests commented about how Cassidy seemed to be everywhere during the wedding and captured every moment! The photographs that he took are the most amazing pieces of art that you have ever seen. Every time I look at the photos I want to dance, smile, laugh and cry. He captured all the many moments of our wedding and even "roughed" it with us when it began to rain during our outdoor ceremony!!! We have our pictures all around our home and our guests always comment about the beautiful pictures. Even our family and friends have photos from our wedding in their homes!

Cassidy, thank you so much for making our wedding so special. Because of you, we have the most perfect memories of our wedding day. Thank you for kindness and for making everyone feel special. We talk about you often and wish you all the best in your insanely bright future! xoxo
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Awesome photos. Responsive to requests from the bride and myself (m.o.b.). On time, flexible. Dealt with looming weather issues. Second shooter was great. Both an artist and a get-the-job-done professional. HIGHLY recommend!
Wedding: 04/28/2012

Deirdre 3 Reviews
I absolutely 100% highly recommend Cassidy to be your wedding photographer!!! He got pictures of everything I wanted...except one that I forgot...and captured some special moments that I didn't even know about. He is incredibly talented with the camera and can do the traditional group shots plus photojournalistic shots. Cassidy and his assistant photog were unobtrusive throughout my whole wedding day. Also, my husband and I are camera-shy but all of the photos Cassidy took of us made us look great! Most worthwhile wedding expense by far and I've already recommended him to friends.
Wedding: 12/03/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Cassidy is absolutely amazing. He took both our engagement and wedding photos. I would definitely recommend getting engagement photos done because it helps you to get to know Cassidy and to feel slightly more at ease in front of the camera. Plus, you then get to have even more fantastic photos.

On the day of, we did all of our formal photos before the ceremony, and Cassidy just rocked them out quickly. So, we then had time to go outside and frolic in the freak October snowstorm....which produced some of the best photos of the day.

During the ceremony and reception, you did not even notice that Cassidy or his assistant were there (a lot of people told us this too after looking through our photos) which is awesome because there really is nothing worse than an obnoxious and obtrusive photographer. Cassidy is certainly neither of these.

Looking through all of our hundreds of photos, there is no way that we would ever be able to narrow it down to our favorites. There are just too many of them. We absolutely loved Cassidy!
Wedding: 10/29/2011