DuBois Formalwear

Value
3.6
Flexibility
3.9

First off, we worked with the location in Oak Creek but still I did have a few groomsmen who used the GB location. Everyone looked AMAZING! The company made sure to measure everyone, made sure their shoes fit, and that they were able to move before making any final decisions on measurements. They had plenty of time to pick up their tuxes and make sure they fit before the wedding and everyone looked fantastic. We had no issues and even if we did, we felt very reassured that this company would follow through with any problems (but luckily there were none). We also had enough time to drop off the tuxes the next day. All our friends have used this company and we were no different. I am sure we will not be the last of our friends to use them and there's no question as to why, they're awesome and easy and affordable!

Jason
05/23/2015

Talked to Wendy at the Southridge Mall location. She was very helpful and made everything very easy.

Recently Married
0.0

Absolute awful experience with DuBois in our recent wedding. Vest didn’t match, buttons fell off, was delivered the wrong size vest twice while the photographer waited an hour for the groomsmen to have proper attire. The service was awful and 4 days later we are still waiting to hear back from the “District Manager” who apparently been in meeting for 3 days straight. What a joke!!!! Two of the groomsmen in our wedding getting married this fall are now going to Men’s Warehouse for their tuxes due this dreadful experience.

1.8

I was really looking forward to working with DuBois. They seemed very helpful in the beginning. We got the measurements in 2 months ahead of time. When the boys went in to pick up their suits, every suit was in the wrong size. The woman accused the guys of sending in the wrong sizes in, but when they checked the sheet she realized she was wrong. The suits were baggy and not all fitted like they described. Over all very disappointing experience.

Recently Married
0.0

Terrible customer service.
Unprofessional.
The groom and father of the brides tux did not come in on time.
Best man's suit coat was stained.
Almost all of them the tux didn't fit right and looked bad or had to wait additional time to be hemmed.

Don't waste your time, especially when time is very valuable the days before your wedding.

DuBois Formalwear responded with the following comments:

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your concerns, and we are sorry that your experience with DuBois didn’t meet your expectations. We would like to use this experience for training purposes, so we would appreciate if you could email us at: info@duboisfw.com with your new husband’s name. If your wedding date wasn’t this last weekend, please also provide us with your wedding date. Congratulations on your marriage, and we look forward to hearing from you!

1 person found this review helpful

There were a few screw ups as to where the tuxes were being sent and picked up but it ended up working out, everyone looked great, and the price was right.

07/26/2014

We had so much fun picking out our tuxes at DuBois! The sales associate was willing to dress and undress the mannequin with exactly the vests and coats we were choosing from to give us the best visual possible. They have tons of colors to choose from so we were able to match our theme perfectly. We can't wait to see how stunning our guys look on the big day!

DuBois Formalwear responded with the following comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are really glad you had a great experience! We look forward to working with you in the future!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Everything went really well. I loved the Tux my husband wore and he looked amazing. Because he had a certain number of guys getting a tux he got his for free. If you go to the Broadway Dubois you don't have to have the Tux returned until Monday morning because they are closed on Sunday. We were very glad we chose this place.

0.8

All of the tuxedos looked completely different on each of the groomsmen. Some had the worst fit in the pants and were very baggy - including my new husband. When he was at the final fitting to pick up his tux, he pointed out how baggy the pants were and he was told that's how they were supposed to be. He looks like a slob in most of our photos and videos. One of our best men was with him at the fitting and his pants looked nothing like the grooms! However, his jacket sleeves were much too short on his arms. There was no consistency when it came to measuring, which ended up being extremely disappointing.

DuBois Formalwear responded with the following comments:

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your concerns, and we are sorry that the fit of your wedding tuxedos didn't meet your expectations. We would like to use this experience for training purposes, so we would appreciate if you could email us at info@duboisfw.com with your new husband's name. If your wedding date wasn't this last weekend, please also provide us with your wedding date. Congratulations on your marriage, and we look forward to hearing from you!

3.5

The tuxes were great. We were able to pick them up plenty early. However, they told me I had to pay a 30 dollar security deposit. I asked if this was refunded upon return and the lady said yes. When I dropped them off they informed me this was not refunded. They said it reserved the tuxes. I said that doesn't everyone paying for their tuxes reserve them. She just laughed and said all txt shops does this. Just a way to make more money!

2.0

The top button of my husbands jacket came off right before the ceremony. When I returned the tux I told them about it and they said there was nothing they could do and they wouldn't give me any money back. We had to safety pin the jacket so our pictures looked good.

0.8

DuBois Formalwear,

They will say what ever it takes to get you to rent there Tux.'s, and then the tux dose not fit is not ready on time and cost to high. what ever you do, DO NOT RENT FROM, "DuBois Formalwear"

1.0

picked up my tux. today and was not happy with the service or the tux. the shoes were not shined and to small. the coat sleeves did not have cress just rolled under to the correct length and came lose when trying it on. The shirt sleeve where way to short and neck fit to tight. Now when I asked about getting it altered was told it could be done but it would take a day, which would not work because the wedding was the next day in a different town. Overall the service sucked, cost was to high and the tux fit like shit.

2+ years ago

The process of choosing tuxes was quick and easy! Service was great!

2.5

This review is just on the experience that we had when we went in to pick out our tuxes. We went into the Racine store and the young saleswoman was working alone. I gave her the postcard that I received in the mail that had their special offers and guarantees. She read the whole card and handed it back to me saying, “Yeah, this card doesn’t tell me anything I don’t already know!” I thought that was a bit abrupt but I didn’t worry about it. She was young so I just took it as she sees theses postcards all the time and she knows what’s up. Well she didn’t! She didn’t spell anyone’s name right even though we spelled them out for her. She didn’t know about the free rental or free suit for the groom with 4 or more rentals. (We have 6 GM and 2 ushers) When I asked for something without satin she kept pointing to ones in the catalog that had satin. In the pictures in the catalog it might be sort of hard to tell but the written description tells you. We asked to see the vest we picked out so we could see the pattern on a larger scale to get an idea of what it would look like. They didn’t have the color we were getting so we picked a similar color as it was just to see the pattern. But then she kept going back to the incorrect color when it was time to pick out the vest. I was getting nervous that she was going to write down the incorrect color. All of that was okay until it was time sign our order and pay our registration deposit. My Fiance told me the groomsmen total was a little more expensive than Men’s Warehouse tuxes he had to rent in the past. That reminded me that I had a $40 off coupon for each tux from Men’s Warehouse. I gave her the coupon and her response was, “ That’s a Men’s Warehouse coupon, this is DuBois!” That was the last straw! Are you kidding me! I politely told her that the postcard (that didn’t tell her anything she didn’t already know) states that “DuBois will beat all competitor pricing, and we honor all competitor coupons & deposits”!

Dear Talia,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are extremely sorry that you didn't receive the outstanding service you should expect from DuBois Formalwear. The Racine store recently came under new ownership, and we can assure you that your feedback will be used to re-train or replace any employees who fail to provide exceptional customer service.

We definitely DO honor ALL competitor coupons and match any deposits that may have been made elsewhere, and we apologize that you were made to feel that this was not the case. Additionally, we would like to apologize that we didn't have your color available in store for you to look at. We make every effort to have each vest color in our stores.

I understand that we only have one chance to make a first impression, but we would like to make this right. For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you one additional FREE tuxedo rental. I would like to personally take care of you in our store and give you the great customer service you deserve. Please call me at 262-884-9555.

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention.

Kim Waterfield
Manager

4.7

Had a hiccup with our original tuxedo order, but the Oak Creek manager provided reassurance and even worked on her own time to get myself and another groomsmen our tuxedos before we left for our out-of-town wedding. DuBois really goes out of their way to do things right and I really appreciate it!

DuBois Formalwear responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your review, Adam! We really appreciate your feedback, and we're glad that everything worked out! Remember that we do have a Referral Program; if you get a friend to register their wedding with us, we will send you a $50 Visa gift card. Plus, your friend will get $50 off on a tuxedo! If you'd like more details, you can contact any of the DuBois stores. Thanks again for your review, and congratulations on your wedding! :)