Dressale.com

Dressale.com

Favorite
NYC, NY
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Flexibility
2.9
[Private]
0.4

My dress was way too short! This company will not admit to their mistakes. I am 5ft 5 inches but my wedding dress (Elegant Scoop Neckline Mermaid Wedding Dress with Exquisite Lace Overlay and Ribbon) stops at my shin. No one is willing to fix the problem, so my dispute is in process! Buyer please beware!!!!

1.4

This company is really bad.
- Very important. This company is not a buy-off-the-rack company. You buy the item then you get phone calls about waist, length, etc. so getting the item within a couple days like most stores is not going to happen.
- Next, GOD forbid you give them any incorrect info. Good luck with the dress.
- Returns... - Not gonna happen. You have to submit tickets, wait for responses, then they tell you to do everything over again and send to customer service and wait for a response. By that time your 7 days are up to return the item and they basically tell you tough luck.
- The dresses are nice but not worth the hassle.
- My issue was even after all the measuring, phone calls, etc. The dress was absolutely cut wrong. The right side had more material than the left. The seem down the back would not line up properly and the zipper would not close. I could understand if the dress was too short or too long, but unless you are the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the dress will not fit.
- Also, English is not their strongest suit.
- Save yourself time and trouble and go to a mall, store, or another on-line company, the dresses will cost about the same and if you have a problem with the item you can easily return it hassle-free, you won't get that at Dressale.

1 person found this review helpful
0.4

What an horrible company how is this company still in business. I order a dress that look nothing like the picture. When I email them they told me my standards are too high and just keep the dress. When I send them the pictures that my white dress had red stitching in it and I did order that...they told me to take it to alteration and they would give me 10% off my next order. WHAT!!! like i would order again i made a complaint with paypal to get my money return they tried to lie and say the dress was custom but I order from the size they had in stock

1.0

The dress I ordered from dressale looks nothing like the picture advertised. The beading is very cheap and looks like a Halloween costume. I am horrified because it took so long to get I don't have time to wait for my refund.

1.0

Worst company EVER!!!! I ordered my wedding dress from Dressale...bottom line is this: when I t arrived it was 2-3 sizes TO BIG!!! 33 emails later; doing everything they've asked me to do, they still won't refund my money! It was gonna cost an extreme amt of money to fix their mistake so I had to get married in a $19.99 sundress because I couldn't afford anything else because they wouldn't refund my wedding dressing, when it was obviously THEIR MISTAKE!!!!
Although I'm still "fighting" for them to make this right, it has caused so much heart ache and stress!!! DON'T ORDER FROM DRESSALE, spend a little more money and buy state side...this has been one of the worst experiences and I don't wish it on anyone!!!

1.4

The dress I bought looked nothing like the one I ordered, Took it to a tailor and she refused to try to fix

0.5

I bought a dress for my upcoming wedding this past month. The dress arrived and although it was in good condition and was generally a nice dress...the dress was an awkward fit and overall just did not look right. Since there was no paper work in the box on how to return the dress (my first clue something was not right), I contacted the company through their online chat and was given an email on how to return. The email did not work. I looked further on their website on how to return and was given instructions to file a return online and then someone would contact me. This never happened and I did this process twice. Then I finally got "Stella" and she was nice at first and then I got an email from her with this very long long list of things to do that included taking many, many pictures of the dress. I was shocked! I told her that nothing was wrong with the dress and that it just did not fit me right and that I was not going to go through this process to return a dress. I am still dealing with it and Paypal has been no help. Trying to get someone on the phone with Paypal is like trying to call the Pope. I am going to go through American Express to try and get my money back. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

0.0

DO NOT BUY FROM DRESSALE

This company did not send me a dress that I could wear and refused to refund me. They offer a 10% only refund. The dress did not look like the photo on their web site. It was poorly made. I'm petite, the length was correct but the body of the dress hung several inches to what it should be. They told me the bad reviews are from other companies. I am a real customer, mother of the bride, and my dress is in the trash. I took it to a seamstress and she wouldn't touch it.

0.5

This is not a legitimate business. They will not cancel your order or offer the full refund they declare in their return policy. There is no phone number or address information on their website. All communication is done through the online chat or by opening a ticket on their website.

Search "Dressale reviews" to find many conversations much like mine (see below) indicating handling fees and charges in order to cancel the order following several attempts for them trying to get you to take the merchandise or exchange for a different product. Handling fees appear to be arbitrary based on the different reviews I've read. My conversation has been ongoing for a week now and I still don't have a resolution.

0.6

IF UNHAPPY WITH PURCHASE, AND WANT A REFUND, READ FOR SOLUTION: I bought a formal dress from Dressale.com for my son's wedding. The dress arrived stuffed in a bag, poorly sewn, crooked, falling apart, and a straight pin stuck in the waistband still. I sent several emails to the customer service for a full refund to which they said to have a local seamstress fix the dress, and they offered a discount on my next purchase (as if). I noticed the payment was processed through Pay Pay so I called their customer service at 1-888-221-1161, and was told as long as it is within 45 days from purchase I could file a claim. PayPal is giving them 10 days to resolve the issue, and if they do not PayPal will refund the money. CALL THEM

0.0

This was a rip off! The only thing similar between the product picture and bolero I received in the mail was the color and the fact that lace was included. I am so disappointed. This is what I get for ordering this online. Although it states in the policies that Dressale will reimburse alterations for defective products, the only thing they have offered is a discount for my next purchase. Which will never happen. Beware!

0.2

Ordered a custom mother of the bride dress. It came 4 1/2" too small on the bust. Dressale would not respond to this issue, told me to get a local tailor to fix, wanted me to order and pay for another dress from them. Got my credit card company to get a refund, which I did although the customs fee of $30 was not refundable. Now Dressale want me to return the dress to them by courier at my cost of $100. They have actually told me they will harass me (2 calls a day, an email every day) until the dress is returned. I am not spending another cent on this company. They will have to pay for the return.

1 person found this review helpful
0.5

Total scam!!!! Bought a dress...... They emailed me saying they couldn't make it exactly like the picture, and gave me options. I didn't like the options, and ask for more. They said that those were all I had. So I simply asked for an order cancel and a refund. They continuously have tried to get me to change my mind and WILL NOT refund my money. They told me if I canceled my order then I would suffer "significant economic loss" I had to get a chargeback through Paypal. Never again will I ever order from them.

angelia
Recently Married

Excellent cannot fault them in any way. Both dresses are beautiful and more than what was expected. The delivery was fast and the colour of both perfect. Thank you.

0.5

Honestly my stars rating is not fair; my wedding isn't until AUG 2, but I had to change the date to write my experience with Dressale.com:
VERY CONFUSING/They don't even know their own products!
I found the perfect wedding gown for an outdoor wedding, and was going to order it; they couldn't find that item again (I didn't bookmark it properly). When I asked them where I could find the listing, they sent me a picture of the dress, then said is this it? I said yes! and would have ordered, but THEN Danny (rep) says "How about this one"? Posts another image and it is totally different, mine was pink, for starters, and organza. Not diamond white satin! They have no idea what is going on.

Once again: Engrish not their strong suit
Their 'reps' all take familiar American/western European names to make you feel they are local.
Also the review from A. up there talking about how she would have been 'lost without them for her wedding' and gave them 4.5 stars is a poorly written run-on sentence that follows the typical sentence patterns of someone who hardly ever speaks English, while editing the obvious word that would confuse them. They are well-known for having their reps go to several popular sites and rather than refute bad reviews, simply add in good ones to make consumers think "Well this lady says hers was awesome. Maybe they aren't this bad, a lot of women are bridezillas" Just from my 2 emails and one livechat with Rep 'Danny' I became suspicious enough to check out consumer rewiews; not only are they in horrible shape on all the major wedding spots, like here, even the national BBB has them listed as fraudulent (Not that they care, it's an internet business). I suggest you order your dress from any company, online or in a shop, so long as it is LOCAL TO YOU, otherwise, your event will possibly be ruined, like mine would have been.

4.7

this site has given me everything for my wedding and I would of been lost without it all the products I ordered are beautiful and I can not wait to show them off at my wedding was fast delivery considering overseas and have not been disappointed once thank you so much