Dreams and Destinations Travel

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with Melinda was wonderful! My husband was initially very skeptical about working with a travel agent but changed his mind after one conversation with Melinda.

From the beginning she worked within our budget and was attentive to what it was we were looking for in a honeymoon. With her wealth of knowledge about all things Sandals, she was able to quickly narrow down our options to a more manageable list of potential locations. Once an island was chosen she even helped with room details to make sure our stay was as close to our dream as possible. It was really nice to have someone who could talk to the specific resorts, especially the pros and cons to each. She also handled all reservations and costs which was an additional plus.

Upon arriving we discovered that we had been placed in a room different than the one we reserved. The resort considered it an upgrade but we were content with the option we had originally picked. When the resort was unwilling/unable to work with us we called Melinda who made it her job to rectify the situation immediately (even though there was a large time difference). It was only because of her hard work that we were able to be moved to the room we had originally booked.

We were so impressed with her professionalism and ability to resolve the situation and will most certainly use her again in the future if we ever book another trip through Sandals. She was certainly an invaluable resource both before and during the trip and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a good travel agent!

• Wedding: 12/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Neil from Dreams and Destinations was amazing! He was so easy to work with, always there when we needed him, and so nice to my wife and I. We had an incredible time in Jamaica, and Neil made it the best week we've ever had. He made sure we got the best deal we could possibly get and he was with us through the week to check in to make sure we were doing fine. He even made sure they upgraded our accomodations for no charge. I would highly recommend Dreams and Destinations, especially Neil, for any trip you are planning in your future.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
Amanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Neil Huggan was fantastic and went above and beyond! He booked our honeymoon (Punta Cana, Dominican Republic) and took care of ALL details. He arranged everything from start to finish and we couldn't have been happier. He even managed to get us into a sold out resort in the specific building we requested! To top it off... there was a honeymoon sash on the door along with champagne and fruit waiting inside the suite.

His excellent customer service continued even after we returned home. A refund we were expecting from a third party excursion company didn't appear on our credit card. He reached out to them and got it rectified for us. AMAZING.

• Wedding: 03/03/2013
Shelly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our vow renewal at Beaches Turks and Caicos and we used Melinda at Dreams and Destinations Travel. Melinda was exceptional and gave us the opportunity to experience the wedding we had always dreamed of, but never had. My "wedding" day I felt like a princess. It was so special and we appreciated every detail being handled for us. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want a destination wedding and I definitely would recommend Melinda at Dreams and Destinations if you do.

• Wedding: 10/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very courteous and professional. Melinda responded to all of my questions and concerns before leaving and helped make our honeymoon a wonderful experience!

• Wedding: 06/29/2012
Services Used: Transportation, Travel
Brooke
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Like all newlyweds, my husband and I wanted a perfect honeymoon; and since we don't do a lot of exotic traveling, we knew we had to pull in a travel agent to help us make the best, most informed decisions possible. We were so lucky to have chosen Melinda from Dreams and Destinations to be our Travel Agent. She is so knowledgeable about various destinations and resorts, and she was able to provide us such detailed information about the various places we were considering for our honeymoon - there was no question she couldn't answer; not to mention her follow-up and professionalism was bar-none! She ended up putting together the perfect honeymoon package for us, tailored to our specific needs and priorities. And she made it all (decisions, reservations, paperwork,etc.) so easy!! It was the best vacation we've ever taken; we wouldn't change a thing!! Thanks to Melinda, we had no regrets on where we ended up for what was the most relaxing, wonderful, romantic honeymoon we could have ever imagined!

• Wedding: 05/19/2012

Dreams and Destinations Travel is FANTASTIC! Melinda helped us plan
our WeddingMoon at Sandals Negril last fall and I can't say enough
great things about her and the care we recieved. She is so
knowledgeable in all aspects of travel planning and really put us at
ease. Thanks to her, our whole trip and wedding went off without a
hitch! I have already referred one friend to Melinda who then booked
her honeymoon with D&D, and I will continue to always let anyone know
that if you need a travel agent, Melinda is the best!!

• Wedding: 11/11/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Melinda did a great job coordinating our wedding at Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort. It was such a relief to have one person who to take care of booking our guests and to communicate with the resort weddings department. We were able to get some great group amenities and completely stay within our budget. The week we spent in Montego Bay was stress free and so much fun. We knew we didn't have anything to worry about because Melinda had already taken care of all of the details.
-Gurpreet & Bryan Schmelzer

• Wedding: 03/03/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dreams and Destinations provided us with a magical honeymoon. Melinda was sensitive to our budgetary restrictions and gave us multiple choices, never making us feel that our options were limited just because our budget was! We did have a bit of a problem getting in touch with her at one point, which was frustrating and a little unnerving, since we had already given her a deposit, but the end result was perfect. I recommend them.

• Wedding: 10/06/2012
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Melinda and Dreams and Destinations Travel for our July 2013 honeymoon to Sandals Negril Jamaica. In the beginning, Melinda was very attentive and helpful. She gave us lots of options and helped us pick a really amazing honeymoon location. She also made a honeymoon website where friends and family could buy us honeymoon gifts, such as horseback riding, a couples massage, etc. After we booked, we did have some difficulty in communicating with Melinda a couple of times, when we had questions about the trip. One time we had to wait 15 days for a response. With that said, we had a great honeymoon and Melinda booked us a first class upgrade at 8am on a Sunday, so we could sleep in the morning after our wedding. We are very appreciative of that service. I’m not sure if we’ll use Dreams and Destinations again, but we’ll see what the future holds. It sure was nice having Melinda take care of everything, from flights and transportation, to lodging and even VIP escorts through customs.

Dreams and Destinations Travel responded with the following comments:

Thank you for this review. I do apologize for any delays in communication during the planning process. It was my pleasure to work with you on your honeymoon and I do hope that you felt completely pampered. I also hope that either myself, or one of my agents, has the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next trip. Congratulations on your new life together!

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
703-724-1243
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards