DowntownDJs

Value
Flexibility
Chelsea
05/01/2015

The Downtown DJs were AMAZING!! Everyone at our wedding raved about the fantastic music and how the Downtown Djs kept the party going all night long!! Everything they did was smooth and fun! I had multiple people tell me that they were the best Djs they have ever seen at a wedding! If you want to have the best reception ever then you need to book the Downtown Djs!! BEST DJS EVER!

Private User
Recently Married
1.4

Lacking organization, responsiveness & professionalism. I went to the initial meeting very organized with a list of exactly which songs we chose for all aspects of the ceremony & reception (prelude, processional, recessional, first dance, father daughter dance etc etc). They emailed the re-cap from our meeting (2 weeks after he said it would be done & after I emailed him wondering where it was) & most of it was different from what I told him we wanted. Not sure how they could screw that up seeing as how I forwarded him the list from my mom (who is beyond organized) right during our initial meeting.

I replied with concern as to why the re-cap was so different from the list I gave him, plus a list of other questions & got a one line response saying he’d get back to me then next day because he wasn’t in his office. 2 days later I emailed again after not hearing back & the email came back undeliverable! That’s enough to freak a bride out. Did finally get ahold of one of them by phone & they said their email address had changed & they stopped using the one I had (nice of them to let me know!). He responded, still not really answering any of my questions & actually trying to shift the blame for the incorrect information back on me.

At that point, I threatened to bring my business elsewhere & his response was this…”Hi Guys, this is Dane, sorry for the delay, don't worry we need the money and will do a great job!” He has now officially resorted to groveling in my opinion.

I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt all along but that was the last straw so I fired him.

Now I had to find a DJ 3 weeks before my wedding because all confidence in them was lost. Fortunately, Celebrations of Tampa Bay (who was booked as my videographer) was able to come through for me & provide a DJ.

Downtown DJ’s did ultimately take responsibility for their mistakes & FINALLY apologized instead of shifting blame, but too little–too late. Thankfully he also refunded my deposit.

DowntownDJs responded with the following comments:

The reality is, they did not want to pay our fee and found a cheaper DJ lol, so glad I did not have to DJ this wedding.

Services Used: DJ

The downtownDJs are absolutely amazing. They truly made our reception amazing. They were helpful but not pushy. They were always available to answer questions. They truly were worth every penny and more. We had so many people compliment the DJs. I cannot say enough about how amazing they were and how happy we were to work with them. I would recommend them to everyone!

Services Used: DJ

Downtown Djs were FANTASTIC!!! They made the party!! We had a relative even help them pick some greek music for the reception to help them out. The whole event was amazing and they played a variety of genres for us as it was greek, Puerto Rican craziness!!! They did such a great job and can't thank them enough. We still have people calling us to say what a great time they had!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Services Used: DJ

Best wedding DJ's ever!!! They got everyone dancing and kept the wedding fun the whole time. I am so glad we went with John and Dane. We were not disappointed.

Services Used: DJ

John and Dane were awesome. They met with us, listened to what we wanted, and they executed every detail. Our guests had so much fun and we partied on that dance floor until the very end. We couldn't have asked for better. Thank you John and Dane! You guys rock!

Katie
03/09/2013

We had so much fun! These guys rock! Every single guest danced and had so much fun. They were very professional and didn't play the songs we didn't want. They got every song on our request list and asked all of the right questions. These guys are so creative and our reception was so unique thanks to these guys. I loved the different games we were able to play with our guests (ie. shoe game, different way to make the couple kiss, etc.). So many of our guests kept commenting on how much fun they had and how much they loved the DJ. I would pay double what we were charged for the services they guys provided for us. WORTH EVERY PENNY! Thank you so much Dane and John!!!

Services Used: DJ

Downtown DJ's is without a doubt, Tampa Bay's hottest DJ. They serviced our reception flawlessly! With this being our first wedding, we weren't sure how to plan out the reception. John & Dane of Downtown DJ's made it so painless. They asked us for our favorite songs and then told us to sit back, relax & they will handle the rest; and they were NOT kidding! They handled everyhing the moment we stepped foot in the reception hall. Believe it or not, they even managed to get get every person in the room on the dance floor all at once. It was a blast! I'd recommend them to anyone who's looking for an awesome DJ to handle their event.

Services Used: DJ

Downtown DJ's did an awesome job at our reception. They kept everyone dancing and having a good time. Even had a few fun games to make it fun too! Very professional. John was always willing to answer any questions we had by phone or e-mail. We met with Dane ahead of time and he guided us in making choices for our reception. They always asked what we wanted and how we felt about different ideas to help the reception "flow", so that everyone could have a good time. They also provided really cool accent lighting at the venue that really tied together our colors/theme, and even had lighting that went to the beat of the music! 08-06-11

Thanks, John and Dane, you're the BEST! :)

Services Used: DJ

VERY happy with my DJs. I would highly recommend Downtown DJs. They were funny, clever, and everyone loved them!

Services Used: DJ

If you want to have fun at your reception, then look no further than Dane and John of Downtown DJs!! They did a fantastic job keeping our guests entertained and keeping the party moving. They provided the exact atmosphere we were looking for and every one of our guests was on the dance floor!

Services Used: DJ

The DJ's were the BEST! They made the reception AWESOME! I had so many people tell me in the begining, becareful the Dj's can make or break your wedding and they def. made it! We had so many compliments on how much fun the wedding was! Thank you! and I would recommend them to everyone!

Services Used: DJ

The DJ makes the party, and they made it Grand!!! He brought these crazy wigs (only after asking if I'd like them) and all the guests wore them. My DJ had so many suggestions that we went with and were hits at the reception. I could NOT have been any happier with my DJ. They were also a great value. So much cheaper than many others that I'd called.

Services Used: DJ, Photography