Dorothy Hatchel Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Dorothy Hatchel took pictures at my June 2008 wedding in Sausalito, CA. I was SO impressed and I cannot recommend her enough:

- The pictures Dorothy took were AMAZING - not only did she get those important posed/portraits as well as the photojournalistic style, our pictures were original and fresh! Dorothy has a great creative eye! When I saw my final pictures, I wanted to cry - they caught such intimate, no-emotions-held-back moments, and not just of me & my groom, but my relatives and friends.

- Dorothy is PROFESSIONAL - she was ON TIME to our day and her email correspondence was timely and organized. I saw her ALL the time at my wedding day, but she was never obstrusive or in the way while taking pictures, which was especially hard because our venue was definitely "cosy"!

- Dorothy is one of the NICEST people I have ever met. At our first meeting, she seemed soft-spoken, but don't let that fool you. There's a BANG behind that smile that will come across in your pictures! When she did want people in a more posed position, she asked in a kind, gentle, friendly manner. My friends and family LOVED LOVED LOVED her. I went to a wedding once where the photographer was YELLING at people to get in a certain position. You won't get that from Dorothy.

- I really felt that Dorothy LISTENED to me. I mean, of course she took initiative where appropriate, but *listening* was so important to me because I felt some of the other photographers I had interviewed were kind of off and running on poses and ideas. If I had said, I want a picture of me jumping over the Golden Gate Bridge, Dorothy would have said "That's too dangerous, I don't want you to get hurt, but we can come up with a way that makes it looks like you are actually doing it." :) Haha, you know what I mean - any specific shots I want, she'll get!

- Dorothy's prices are SO REASONABLE! As of June 2008, her packages start at $2,000; all the other photographers started at price points of $5,000-6,000! She's fairly new to the wedding scene, which is why her prices are lower for now, but Dorothy has been studying under photographers who charge like $10,000 for a wedding. OMG, I feel so lucky to get her now, 'cause a few years from now, I know she's gonna be WAY out of what my budget was.

In working with Dorothy, I really felt like our collaboration was a partnership and not just a bride-vendor situation. I feel so lucky to have found her!!

Services Used: Photography

Wow! We contacted Dorothy for a "Trash the Dress" shoot based on her wonderful wedding portfolio, and had the absolute best photography experience we could imagine.

Dorothy's excitement, professionalism and expert knowledge of scenic San Francisco were just what we needed to navigate a city we weren't all too familiar with. She directed our day through the most beautiful and stunning parts of San Francisco and planned out when to arrive at each location to take advantage of the best lighting. She wanted to know what kind of photography we were looking for, then jumped right on board and suggested some beautiful poses and photo-journalistic scenes that turned out to be simply amazing!

Call Dorothy Hatchel first. If she's booked, consider changing your date. :)

She's THAT good!

4.7

They take the best pictures. They take shots that will remind good times.