Dori Anne Veils

Dori Anne Veils

4270 Seven Hills Road
Castro Valley, CA 94546 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of the Brid...
Accessories: Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Undergarments, V...

Quality of Service:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

this was the 3rd bridal shop i visited and to be completely honest i was not going here with the intentions of buying my dress right away. when i arrived with my parents debra the owner was super nice and welcoming, she asked questions about the wedding and the theme which is black and white. she right away had good ideas for what to show me, she ended up picking the perfect dress for me it is an a-line dress with pick-ups and a black sash with this nice bow which has a bit of jewels which is just perfectly enough for me. then she suggested this gorgeous long veil with black rhinestones i fell in love with it i started tearing up i then knew that, that was my dress.

Dori Anne Veils responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the kind words, it was all my pleasure, and you are going to be a beautiful bride!

williams wedding
  • Flexibility: 5.0

She was very helpful and kind. My dress arrived on time and I received a free veil. Can't wait for April!

Dori Anne Veils responded with the following comments:

We appreciate the kind words

• Flexibility: 5.0

The ladies at Dori Anne are a godsend! I was originally supposed to be married in December of last year. I walked in without an appointment just to see what they had to offer. I had been to another boutique and left feeling awful, so I didn't expect much, to be honest. Wow was I wrong! The boutique is beautiful. I was shown a gorgeous gown, from the clearance rack no less! Within ten minutes I was standing on the platform with my hair up, earrings and veil on. I was astounded. These ladies are less interested in making a profit than they are in making the bride's dreams come true. I am so grateful to the incredible ladies at Dori Anne Veils. I'll be calling them soon to schedule alterations-can't wait! To my fellow future brides, skip the expensive chains get on over to this wonderful boutique. You will not regret it!

• Wedding: 04/18/2015
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

She was wonderful for both my dress and my bridesmaid dresses

• Flexibility: 5.0

My mom and I walked into Dori Anne Veils without an appointment and despite being busy with another bride Debra greeted us right away. While we were browsing and waiting for her to become free she still attend to us by asking if we wanted to see anything in particular as she noticed us looking at the hair pieces. When the time came, Debra listened to what I needed (which was a birds cage), asked relevant questions, and made great suggestions. She allowed me to try on beautiful pieces. When she didn't have what I wanted she ordered it and had it shipped to my house to save m another trip. In the end I purchased and received a beautiful and high quality head piece and birds cage for a great deal! It was gorgeous and added the elegant, rustic, and vintage feel I was hoping for.

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

If you're going to here to just pick up a dress, then they do a fine job. If you're going here to also have your fitting down, I do not recommend it. The seamstress they have is not able to properly do wedding dresses. She ended up messing up my very expensive dress by making the bottom hem lop sided, the bust area too big, and the sleeves she made did not fit me nor match the dress as she didn't use the correct fabric. Even with tape and so forth, I had to wear a shrug over the top of the dress during my reception to properly cover myself which hid the nice design of the dress. You would think a good salon would hire someone who knows how to amend wedding dresses, especially since the dresses there are quite expensive, but apparently not.

It's because of this and their attitude in not wanting to fix the issue, that I am not giving them a favorable review. I also reviewed them on yelp and received an unpleasant phone call from the store owner. I rather people be honest about services, so I will not be taking this review down nor the yelp review. I sincerely do not recommend them for anything more than picking up your dress and going straight home to find a decent seamstress somewhere else.

Dori Anne Veils responded with the following comments:

We are so sorry you were unhappy Victoria. My seamstress tried several times to call you, your mailbox was full, it was never her intention to not make it right, in fact she did tell your aunt that she would be here, if you wanted to bring it back in. And she said that she would have you come in to have it fixed, so we are sorry if there was any miscommunication.
But again we are sorry this happened to you, and I did try to call you myself, but have not gotten through either, so if you would like to call me, please do.

Also Victoria, I did not leave an unpleasant message, I just wanted to speak to you, I thought we had a good rapport, so I am sorry you felt this way, I am sorry if I came across this way, it was definitely not my intention.

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Debra at Dori Anne Veils is amazing. She really knows what she is doing and this is the BEST place to come if you are feeling just a little bit uncomfy about trying on dresses. Debra made me feel at home, comfortable and beautiful. If you bring her a picture of your dream dress, she can find it for you or something similar.

Do NOT overlook this place. It is comfortable and welcoming.

• Wedding: 04/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Even though they ordered the dress a size bigger than what I had requested the seamstress was able
To tailor it to
My size

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Nicole
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Great find. A friend recommended this place and I was not disappointed.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Debrah the sales women helped me find the perfect dress. I got it for a great price, a similar dress at another store was twice as much yet not as fantastic as the one I picked out

• Wedding: 04/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'm located on the east coast and am glad I ordered my wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses from Dori Anne. The prices can't be beat, easily saved $600 by going with them (my dress alone). Received all the dresses within weeks, faster than I had imagined.

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Got my dress here for a sample dress price due to a bride not wanting it because it was a corset back...size 2 dress, brand new, and best thing about it got it for the price of a sample dress!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the dress, I had the shoes, I had the jewelry, but I could not find a veil to save my life!!! I searched every place in LA and must have tried on every veil in existence but they all looked so cliche and boring. Thankfully, my mom discovered Dori Anne's and it was like the missing piece to the puzzle. Debra was beyond helpful and had a unique selection of veils that I hadn't seen anywhere else. I'm extremely picky and wanted my veil to have a very specific look so Debra showed me something similar to what I had described but it wasn't the color I was looking for. I thought all hope was lost but she told me she could custom-make a veil for me to my exact specifications and in the color I wanted. I was thrilled! I completely trusted her and felt she understood my vision. When I saw my veil for the first time, I was floored. It was STUNNING! So meticulous and perfect, and better than I imagined. Debra totally nailed it. It perfectly complimented my dress and added such a "wow" factor. Aside from making me the most gorgeous veil known to mankind, I am also deeply indebted to Debra for introducing us to Maria, her seamstress, who is AMAZING and life-changing, but that's another review. In short, Dori Anne's has it all and I would highly recommend the store to other brides. Thank you Debra!!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Invitations
Anonymous
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dori Anne Veils is amazing!! They were so helpful during the selection process along with directing me with what veil would look best with my style of dress. During my dress fittings everyone acted as though I was their only bride and were over the top customer service oriented!!!! Dori Anne Veils pricing was incredible compared to many of the dress shops I had been to and on top of everything they give all brides a veil discount for purchasing your dress through them.

I highly recommend them to EVERYONE as they will make you feel like a queen on your special day!

• Wedding: 11/09/2012
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Invitations
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Great experience! Got a great price on my dream dress!
Also ordered my bridesmaides dress here. Great service and value.

• Wedding: 09/02/2012
Danielle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I live in Texas and heard about Dori Anne Veils from one of my husband's co workers hoo purchased her dress here. She had nothing but good comments so I had to check it out. I was kinda bummed because I had found the perfect dress but was out of my budget. I called Dori Anne Veils and asked for the a quote and if the dress was available. Quickly I was given a date and price for the dress. I was skeptical because I was ordering it and not seeing my dress before it was ordered to make sure it was the rigt one, but it was. It arrived almost a month early, clean and air tight in a tiny box! It was perfect! Thanks Dori Anne Veils for helping me have the perfect dress for the perfect night!
Fatima

• Wedding: 12/17/2011
510-690-0100
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards