Dominique Attaway Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Dominique was a pleasure to work with and captured the loveliest moments for our recent wedding. She has a wonderful artistic eye and also knows how to capture a spontaneous moment with just the right touch. Our photos are gorgeous, and we are receiving the loveliest compliments on them. Perhaps more importantly, Dominique is a wonderful person to work with. So flexible, easy-going, and kind. She captured our engagement photos in NYC, which was another very special moment for us. Would highly recommend working with her!

Recently Married

We had a very specific look that we wanted for our wedding pictures. We wanted a photojournalistic style that captured moments rather than created them. Dominique is not only supremely talented, she also happens to be just about the loveliest person you've ever met. She took our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Our friends and family can't stop raving about Dominique's pictures. Everyone's first comment is how superb the pictures are! We can't say enough wonderful things about Dominique and can't recommend her strongly enough. We are recommending her to everyone!

Services Used: Photography

We love Dominique! She was so easy to work with and truly captured the fun, loving nature of our daughter and son-in-law. When she posted her photos. I couldn't believe how beautiful they were. They brought tears to my eyes. She captured the love and emotions not only of the bride and groom but family and friends as well. Her photos are magical. Dominique is truly an artist.

Services Used: Photography

This review won't be very different from the other reviews already posted, because Dominique is an absolutely fantastic photographer, no question about it.

I found her through my venue's preferred vendor list, and I do not at all regret our decision to hire her! From the beginning, she was so professional and responsive, which wasn't exactly easy since during most of my wedding planning, I lived in France and she was in Charlottesville. We still were able to keep in touch by email and phone calls, and we even got to spend time with her face-to-face during a summer trip she took to Lyon, France (where we were living at the time). As the date came closer, she was in touch to talk about group photos and all the other little details. She was so genuinely interested in and excited for our wedding, I could just tell in her voice. She has such a great eye for detail and knows where she needs to be to get the best shots. And the funny thing was that during the ceremony and reception, I didn't even see her! She is just really great at blending in and getting those candid moments caught on camera when you don't even know she's there.

Something else about Dominique's services that really added value for us was that she is bilingual French/English and was able to communicate with my French in-laws about where she wanted them to be for photos in French so they could understand. This was so helpful because I didn't have to worry about interpreting for them at all.

And of course...the photos. I can't say enough about them. People were moved to tears by looking at them, I'm serious. She let me know the preview photos were up on her blog a week after the wedding and I can't wait to get the rest!

I recommend her wholeheartedly!

Nicole
10/12/2013

Dominique was such a pleasure to work with! She was incredibly professional and organized, as well as attentive and creative. Although it rained the majority of the day (and we were determined to have an outdoor ceremony!), Dominique was extremely supportive and reassuring, and really helped me keep my anxiety under control! It was cold and lightly raining when we took the majority of our photos after the ceremony, however, the photos came out beautifully! The lighting was perfect, and the colors were amazing. Although my husband and I were cold, and the weather was dreary, this didn't come across in the photos at all - they looked incredible!! I've received so many compliments on our wedding photos, and many of our guests commented on how wonderful Dominique was at the ceremony and reception. I'm so thankful we got to work with her, and highly recommend her to anyone in need of a photographer!

Ainsley
10/05/2013

Dominique took time to understand exactly what moments and types of pictures we wanted captured on our wedding day. She was very responsive, energetic and the pictures were exactly what we wanted! They captured the emotions and moments very well! Thanks, Dominique, for allowing us to remember such a special weekend through our photos!

Services Used: Photography

We absolutely loved working with Dominique. She was professional, fun, flexible, and she brought an easy-going, creative energy to both our engagement shoot and the wedding. Photographer is such an important part of a wedding, and I felt like I was in very good hands. She was very responsive and her services are well-priced. Dominique expertly captured not only the expected moments--family photos, etc.--but also the unexpected moments, like a quick smile between me and my new husband and silly dance moments. We joke that we've got to start a family, just for an excuse to work with Dominique again--baby pictures! ;) We recommend her highly.

Services Used: Photography

If you are getting married, book with Dominique Attaway Photography and you are guaranteed to be satisfied! For a decent price, you will get so many great shots, your head will spin trying to decide which photos to pick for your album! We had a fantastic experience with Dominique and her assistant on the day of the wedding. She is flexible with your needs and has some great ideas for a variety of photo shots. After the wedding, you'll see some of your sample photos on her blog, and you'll be itching for more! She also has a very fast turn around getting all your photos online to view at your leisure. We 100% recommend Dominique!!

Services Used: Photography

I could not have been happier with Dominique for my wedding. She was increadibly friendly and professional, responsive and attentive, and her work product is amazing. She was in all of the right places at all of the right times, yet she was never in the way. She was very accomodating, happy to develop a wedding 'package' that fit our needs. A master a capturing the most important candid moments and the personality of her subjects, not only was she a joy to work with, her photos were...perfect. I would highly recommend Dominique to all of my dearest friends, and strangers (!), and would hire her again without hesitation!

Suzanne
06/22/2013

Dominique was terrific in every way. She is a very talented photographer and captured all of the joy, beauty and warmth of my daughter's wedding. All of the "must have" shots were taken -- she missed nothing -- but she also caught many special candid moments. She and her assistant were unobtrusive but seemed to be everywhere. She was very easy to work with and has an absolutely delightful personality.

Services Used: Photography

In all of the chaos and stress that comes with a wedding, Dominique Attaway was the one person I never had to worry about. She was organized, passionate, experienced, and fun to be around, and I was absolutely delighted to have her photograph my wedding. If I ever doubted my decision to not hire a videographer, that doubt was put to rest when I saw the photographs that Dominique took of my wedding day. She is a tremendous story teller, and her photographs perfectly captured our wedding from start to finish. And while I'll always be grateful for the beautiful pictures she took of my husband and I (and our families and friends), I'll never forget the calming effect she had on me leading up to the ceremony. She has a balanced and cool presence, and she put me at ease on more than one occasion. Dominique - Thank you for doing your job so extremely well. You are incredibly talented, and I hope all brides have the same experience with their photographer as I did with you!

2+ years ago

We were so pleased with Dominique's services. She is very easy to work with and put us at ease while shooting. Her style is unobtrusive, getting great shots without ruining the moment. And her pictures are GORGEOUS! We are so happy with our wedding pictures.

2+ years ago

Dominique was extremely easy to work with, from our very first interaction. She has the perfect demeanor for this job - very professional but also very relaxed and personable. Additionally, the quality of her work is bar none. I consulted with several photographers in the Charlottesville area, and most did a nice job but Dominique's work is at the next level. Plus, her prices were the most reasonable for her quality of work. One thing in particular that I appreciated about Dominique's work is that none of her photographs were too stuffy or overly formal but at the same time she was able to appreciate and capture the importance of this big day. As I look back at my wedding photos, I am pleasantly surprised how calm and relaxed we all look and that was all thanks to Dominique.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Dominique is fantastic! She is so sweet and friendly, and you can really tell she loves what she does. She was so relaxed and great to be around throughout the day and during the whole process. And the beautiful pictures speak for themselves!

Services Used: Photography

Dominique was more than just a photographer, she was so instrumental and helping my day go off without a hitch. Her pictures were absolutely stunning... just simply breathtaking. She give me a sneak peak the week after my wedding (every bride is just dying to get their pictures back as soon as possible!), she put a slide show together that I was able to share to all of my family and friends, and she gave me all of the originals on CD's just weeks after my wedding. Our wedding day just wouldn't have been the same without Dominique!

Services Used: Photography

Dominique is simply the best! I don't know how to express how wonderful she is to work with and how perfectly she captured our wedding day. She is so incredibly sweet, patient, kind and talented. We barely even noticed that she was there, but she managed to capture the whole day perfectly and get great photos of us and all of our guests. Our pictures are gorgeous and I know we will treasure them for a lifetime. She was a dream to work with and made us so much more relaxed throughout the whole process. My husband and I highly recommend that you choose Dominique as your wedding photographer, you will not be disappointed!