dolphindance photography

dolphindance photography

...as creative & unique as the name!

DC-MD-VA, VA 22407
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service:
(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Heather here on WeddingWire and could not have made a better choice. On our wedding day, she was EVERYWHERE--she took tons of photos and captured many moments. Even my guests raved about her. The informal photos are always my favorite, and her photography truly expresses the emotion of these moments. I love her work and highly recommend her. I will treasure these photos. Thanks again Heather!

• Wedding: 09/25/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were absolutely satisfied with out wedding photographer. DolphinDance provided excellent services and went beyond what we imagined. We were very pleased with the quality and level of professionalism. We wouls recommend this photographer to anyone!! If you choose DolphinDance you will be in the best hands and will guarantee to have amazing photos!

• Wedding: 04/10/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heather was amazing to work with. She was our first choice in photographers and shot our engagement session. We had a blast and awesome pictures along with it! Mid-way through our engagement Heather found out she was pregnant and due on our wedding day. She let us know right away and gave us the option to keep her on board and hope that she would be ok to shoot the wedding or give us a full refund. She helped us find another photographer and everything worked out fine. In the end she surprised us with a photo guest book and we absolutely love it!

Heather is awesome and captures the moment so well!

• Wedding: 05/16/2009
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Heather is just wonderful! She was very flexible in creating a new package for me with my very specific requirements. Her photos are amazing! Photography was really important to me and my husband and she absolutely delivered!

• Wedding: 09/09/2007
Profile Picture
Joyce
  • Flexibility: 5.0

All I can say is "wow." I stumbled across Heather on the internet, and at first I wasn't sure if we could afford her on our pretty tight budget. I loved the pictures on the website, but I asked her if I could see every shot from a wedding - thinking that if someone takes 1000 shots ANYONE could take 8 or 10 good ones. Almost every photo is as impressive and flattering as the ones that you will see on the website. My husband and I agreed to splurge on the photographer and cut costs elsewhere. That was the very BEST decision we could have made.

She takes the best, most creative, most flattering, most unique, and most "real" pictures I have ever seen. The posed shots (of which there aren't many - she prefers live shots) are gorgeous and fun. The rest of the pictures, the "action" shots, somehow manage to convey the emotions of happiness and fun better than any I have ever seen. Everyone I have talked to says they are the best wedding pictures they have ever seen. And the best part is that you don't have to spend 3 or 4+ hours taking posed pictures when you should be enjoying your reception. The only piece of advice that I would offer, is to plan ahead for the posed pictures that you really want. Since you don't spend very much time doing formal shots you don't get the sheer volume of pictures so if you don’t plan ahead you may miss someone. There are some pictures that I wish I had asked for. That's my own fault, but it is a little word of advice.

Believe me, if you are getting married in the DC area, give Dolphindance photography a call. You wouldn’t believe what a big difference the pictures make after the whole thing is over. Heather is worth every penny, and more!

• Wedding: 09/01/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heather is fabulous! My husband and I were so happy that we decided to make the photography a priority in our wedding budget. It was well worth splurging on that part of our day. Heather also took our engagement photos, which we recommend doing because it was a great way for us to get to know her. We are lucky to have stumbled upon Heather's amazing website because we instantly fell in love with her style. The gorgeous and creative pictures that Heather took for us really captured the emotions of the day. Everyone who sees them is impressed and wants to know who our photographer was for the wedding. I love her ability to express the joy and happiness of a moment so naturally through her photos. She was flexible, organized, professional and she gave us hundreds of beautiful and unexpected wedding photos to choose from. I would definitely recommend Heather, we are thrilled with our photos and she was just what we were looking for in our photographer.

A bit of advice though, since Heather is so talented at capturing people "in action," I would make sure that you think ahead of time about a short but important list of shots that you definitely want taken at the wedding. I would make sure you come up with a list of all groupings that must be fit in at some point. I didn't think to tell Heather that I wanted a shot of just my mom and I before the ceremony and regret not having that photo. Keep the list short though. Heather did a great job of moving through the portraits quickly and efficiently so that we had more time to enjoy the reception. Also, if you are having a videographer, it would be helpful if they could meet in advance. I would come up with a plan on how they will work together on the wedding day.

• Wedding: 07/07/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heather did an incredible job on the wedding photography! The pictures are beautiful, and so is the album!

• Wedding: 05/27/2007
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Heather provided excellent photos and had an amazing variety of finished products to choose from.

• Wedding: 05/06/2007
4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heather was a pleasure to work with. She was extremely flexible and attentive to ensure that she met our needs an expectations for our engagement and wedding photos. She has a great eye and ability to capture unique moments that have done some a wonderful job of memorializing our wedding for us. My husband and I have already recommended her to our friends and colleagues.

• Wedding: 03/24/2007
4.6/5.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Sigh. Heather Hopkins is just so, so great. We loved working with her every step of the way. She has such an upbeat personality and really makes the process fun. And her work is really top of the line. I've never seen wedding photographs as fantastic as hers -- she's not only technically excellent but brings so much whimsy and creativity to everything she does.

When we got back our wedding pictures, we couldn't believe they were pictures of *us*, not photos from a magazine. She managed to make them incredibly glamorous and, at the same time, so personal and sweet, whether they were portraits of our flower girls or staged shots of us kissing in the sunlight or vibrantly spontaneous moments like me running through an archway with my maid of honor rushing up behind to catch my train.

You'll see what I mean when you visit her site. And if you worry that she just chose her very best work for her site, and that her work for your wedding won't be at the same level, I can assure you that you have nothing to worry about. That thought did cross our mind, but she's so good, and she takes so many pictures, that you're pretty much guaranteed to have plenty of incredible shots. (She took more than 1,300 photos of our wedding, and at least a hundred of them were "ooh and ahh" quality.)

She's not the cheapest of photographers, but she's not the most expensive either. And my husband and I agreed that if we were going to splurge at all, photos were a good area for it, since we're going to have the photos forever.

A nice side note is that she's one of the photographers who will give you all your prints as high resolution images afterwards on a CD six months after the event. In the meantime, you can order more expensive prints if you really want to have certain shots right away, or if you want to send out photo cards with your thank you notes as we did. But it's nice to know you can save the bulk of the photo printing for later and keep making prints whenever you want them.

• Wedding: 03/18/2007
703-346-4540
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards