DMPJ by Glen Cooper

DMPJ by Glen Cooper

Real. Beautiful. Creative. Fun.

Somerville, MA 02143

Flexibility:
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing the right photographer for our wedding was one of the toughest decisions for me – I’m a total photo geek, and I knew I wanted someone with a creative eye that could not only make the formal portraits fun and interesting, but also capture all the candid moments throughout the night. My husband, Eric, on the other hand hates having his picture taken and is convinced he’s not photogenic. Ladies – sound familiar? I knew I had to find someone that he was comfortable working with.

I looked at tons of portfolios and reviews online, but when I saw Glen’s work I knew in my gut he was the one. We set up a meeting at our home so he could show us some more of his work and so we could get to know each other - we totally hit it off right away. And on the night of the wedding, Eric was completely un-phased by having to pose for all the photos, and we both barely even noticed Glen was there the rest of the night. But our friends let us know he was right in the middle of all the action – laying on the dance floor, standing on chairs, anything to capture unique and creative shots.

So here’s what I’ll say to couples searching for the right wedding photographer… if you want someone who’s fun to work with, and won’t make you feel like he’s up in your grill while you’re dancing with your new spouse, can creatively frame images with unique angles and backgrounds, and is simply not your standard run-of-the-mill portrait photographer, then Glen is the guy for you. He is extremely talented and clearly loves what he does.

I haven’t seen my photos yet, but I have no doubt they’re going to turn out amazing. Glen and his assistant must have taken thousands of photos, and I can tell he’s a perfectionist and is going to take the time to sift through every single one of them in order to find the best shots for our album. I cannot wait to see the story of our wedding through Glen’s eyes.

Many thanks, Glen!
Kristen & Eric

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Glen was everything we were looking for in a photographer. Amazingly talented, professional, responsive and just plain fun to be around.

We met with close to a dozen people before meeting Glen. We met at least three that seemed perfect and most likely would have been happy with any of them. But I have to say when we met Glen, saw his work and discussed our plans we had zero doubt that he was the one. We were kind of blown away at how easy the decision was to go with him and called him about ten minutes after the meeting to lock in the details.

The engagement and wedding day came and went without any stress or worry about Glen. We knew he would get the job done and the peace of mind was worth twice what we paid, not to mention the amazing photos he took.

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Glen was absolutely wonderful to work with and his photos could not be more beautiful. We wanted a photojournalist who would document our entire night, rather than focusing on formal photos. The gorgeous wedding and travel photos on Glen's website convinced us that he would do a beautiful job! We had fun getting to know him through an initial meeting and an engagement shoot. Glen was great at putting us at ease so that we quickly forgot we were in front of a camera. We talked again before our wedding and Glen (plus a second photographer) arrived right on time and ready to go on the wedding day. Throughout the wedding day and night, Glen was professional, fun, and efficient - every time I had the thought that I'd like a picture of something, there he was, already taking it!

We just got our photos back and they are absolutely beautiful. He did a wonderful job of capturing all of the little moments of the day, the fun, and the emotions. Looking at these photos is like reliving our wedding day all over again and we couldn't be happier :)

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
Profile Picture
Emily
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 3.5

Two things:
1. Glen Cooper (and the other photographers that work with him) REALLY knows what he's doing.
2. He shoots *interesting* photos, not just good ones. They are really works of art.

The pictures of our wedding capture the spirits of so many of our favorite people - and the energy of the day. Real treasures.

• Wedding: 08/13/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are still so bowled over by how beautiful the photos are -- the summer light, the flowers, the paella, and all the happy people look wonderful -- and by how well they capture the emotions of the day and the personalities and relationships of everyone there. Looking at them really does feel a bit like re-living our wedding. Nate and Glen absolutely understood what was important to us. They were also so good at putting everyone at ease - we and our guests rarely even noticed we were being photographed! We have been enjoying looking through them and showing them to our family and friends so much, and we're looking forward to putting together an album. It is going to be a little painful to pick a few favorites though - there are so many perfect vignettes of the day!

• Wedding: 07/24/2010
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The people at DMPJ really went out of their way on a number of occasions to make me feel they valued us as clients. There were a few things that happened that I was disappointed about and they did everything they could to accommodate me. These things were mainly my oversights, but they really tried their best to help!

They're a fun company, with lots of neat surprises along the way, and are passionate about all sorts of photography. I have really enjoyed working with them.

One tip - I had asked to make sure they got pictures of my elderly, visiting-from-faraway uncle, and the only two I got was because I was standing with him when one of the photographers walked by and I asked. Unfortunately, I don't really like the pictures and they are the only two I have. So, be vigilant about communicating the pictures that you want taken.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
msgirl
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I could give them more than 5 stars, I would.

Right from the start, Asha and Glen were so easy and fun to work with. Asha always answered my questions so quickly and was always cheerful and eager to help. I had no idea what I wanted from my photography package and she helped me sort that out.

We did our engagement shoot with Glen and we ended up with some fabulous photos to display at the shower and the wedding. We had Chris and Natasha as our photographers for the wedding. We got a chance to meet with Chris a couple months before the wedding so we could make a schedule and talk about what kind of photos we wanted. At the wedding, everyone in our bridal party loved Chris and Natasha and had a blast with them, but at the same time, we didn't feel their presence as they took photos. They were able to blend in with the crowd or stay on the sidelines but still get fabulous shots.

My husband and I are a bit nervous around the camera and didn't really know how to pose, but at both the engagement shoot and the wedding, each photographer was able to help us look natural and also capture some great candids.

At first, I thought DMPJ was out of my budget and I tried to find another photographer. I couldn't find anyone whose pictures moved me as much as the ones I saw on the DMPJ website, so I decided to book DMPJ. They are truly a group of gifted professionals. I absolutely do not regret choosing to go over my budget on the photography because we are so happy with what we got. When I looked through my online album for the first time, the photos brought back all the emotions I felt that day and I could even hear what songs were playing at the time. We've received lots of compliments on our photos and I find myself looking through the online album again once a week! I can’t wait to choose our prints and see our album come together.

• Wedding: 06/26/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Weddings are tough to plan and there is a lot that you have to think about. One thing that was easy for us, was knowing that photography was one of the most important things to us. It's the one of the only tangible things that lasts and the only thing that brings those non tangible memories back to life. Knowing this, picking DMPJ was an easy thing to do. Their photography is an art – not just a pretty picture. And it captures a story – not just a moment. It truly brings our special day to life every time we look at them. And I can't even tell you how amazing Glen, Asha, and Chris were to work with. I am so happy that DMPJ was my photographer.

• Wedding: 06/20/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After viewing the DMPJ website, Earl and I knew we wanted the same proficiency and fashion in our wedding photos. DMPJ did not need to convince us of the quality photojournalism we would receive through them, simply because their artwork speaks for itself brilliantly and we were already sold.

DMPJ did an excellent job guiding us through the business process and employed great communication along the way. Our in person meeting and our phone calls with Asha and Chris left us feeling confident we were in good hands. Throughout the process, all questions and concerns were resolved simply and promptly. In general, the services provided were very professional, accommodating and encouraging.

We knew everyone at DMPJ was looking forward to our wedding day. Their appreciation and thoughtfulness was shown unexpectedly through a gift of chocolates and a post card. These small acts of kindness filled us with gratitude for choosing DMPJ: we had amazing talent with equally amazing character working for us!

Earl and I have thoroughly enjoyed previewing our photos online; we are overwhelmed with gratitude and excitement! Reliving our beautiful day through the lens of DMPJ has been pure bliss. We are thrilled to see more. Our wedding day was very special and we’re so glad to have shared it with DMPJ.

• Wedding: 05/01/2010

Dear Glen, Nate and Asha,

I don't know where to begin...how can we express our gratitude for these unbelievably beautiful photos? You captured every detail and every emotion from start to finish. It was so amazing to look through each picture and 're-live' our day while smiling, laughing, tearing up... You truly created our once in a lifetime love story from these pictures and we will have these to cherish for always as constant reminders of the happiest day of our lives :) From the first time we spoke, you have been nothing less than gracious and attentive to every request... and having the engagement session with you allowed us to let our guard down and see you as a true artist. We are forever grateful for your talent and kindness...we are so lucky to have found two photographers who take so much pride in what they do. Thank you for everything...absolutely everything :)

Best,
Rachel and Bill

• Wedding: 05/01/2010
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 2.5

Great work! Really good camera skills. Know what they are doing

• Wedding: 03/11/2010
4.7/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The pictures came out great, and we were both impressed. Was well worth the money we put in, great service and quality

• Wedding: 02/10/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I could not have been happier with the job Glen Cooper and his team did at our wedding. Even before the big day Glen was never out of communication with us to make sure our day would go as planned; from in person meetings, to phone conferences, to numerous emails, Glen was available, responsive and highly professional. We chose Glen as our photographer because we were extremely impressed with the artistic and creative touch he added to his photos and we knew that when all was said and done we would have a special portfolio of pictures that were unlike anyone's. Well, the photos came the other day and they exceeded our expectations! Glen and his team captured all the moments we had hoped for and then some, with over 1,000 pictures, every minute of our day and night were documented just as we had hoped. We would highly recommend Glen Cooper to any bride and groom NOT looking for a stodgy photographer and a lot of formals, but for a professional, fresh, and creative perspective, and a ton of spectacular memories. Thanks Glen, Asha, Chris, & Nate, you're the best!

• Wedding: 12/31/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If I could give Glen 7 stars out of 5 I would!! We had two wedding parties, one on the east coast and one on the west coast, and he photographed both. He is super fun to work with, makes all the guests feel comfortable and is a calming positive presence at the wedding. He is SUPER committed to doing whatever it takes to get the best shot and his results are just fantastic...all of our guests have made comments about the beautiful photographs including the families....using Glen will be the best decision you ever made =)

• Wedding: 10/10/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have asked for a better photography crew to work with on our wedding day! Everyone that we worked with at DMPJ was friendly, patient and understanding throughout the entire process. The photographs that they captured the entire day were above and beyond my expectations. Glen and Chris worked together and didn't miss a single moment or detail and did so in a creatively, graceful and discrete manner throughout the day. They have given us memories that will last a life time and we would recommend DMPJ highly without hesitation. Thanks guys!

• Wedding: 09/19/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing DMPJ to photograph our wedding was by far the easiest (and best) decision we made when planning four our wedding. Their work is flawless, their assistance in the process is continual, their talent is boundless. They were open to all of our ideas, helped us make the tough decisions and made the entire process enjoyable, something that we lacked from many of our other vendors. Even after the wedding their professionalism did not stop. With a September wedding we knew it would be difficult to get all of our pictures ready and prepared for the album for Christmas so that we could purchase mini albums for family and friends, but Asha and Glen worked tirelessly with us to make sure that the process was not only smooth but that we also ended up with the best album we could. If I ever need a photographer for any occasion here on out, the only one that I would ever consider is dmpj.

• Wedding: 09/12/2009
Services Used: Photography, Unique Services (Other)