d'lish

d'lish

Favorite
Charleston, SC
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Mary
11/22/2014

Expert advice on all aspects of your wedding cake. Will contact you prior to your wedding instead if you seeking them out weeks before the big day. The almond buttercream is to die for!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Molly was the 1st vendor that I booked (before the venue or anything else!!) because the one thing that I KNEW I wanted for our wedding was a d'lish wedding cake. She made the wedding and the grooms cake, and they were both visually stunning and tasted INCREDIBLE. I had at least 10 guests tell me that they "hated wedding cake" yet they went back for a 2nd piece at our wedding. I loved that we could have different flavors (without an upcharge) for each of our layers and I really felt like she cared about the design and the style of the cake. The value for what we got was incredible...I want to get married all over again just so I can have another one of her cakes! :)

Sarah
05/25/2014

Molly was absolutely amazing to work wth. The wedding cake turned out more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. She executed our vision to a T! The cake was delish and guests are still talking about it. Would love to work with her again!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Molly was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was responsive, flexible, and an incredible baker. My wedding cake was beautiful AND delicious! Honestly, one of the hardest things about planning the wedding may have been deciding which flavor to go with at the cake tasting - they were all amazing :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Molly was wonderful to work with. We had a destination wedding but she made it very easy to plan our wedding cake from Chicago. With limited time to plan in Charleston, she had left us samples so that we would still have the opportunity to try the cake ahead of time. She also spent a lot of time helping design the style and size of the cake that would be best. The day of the wedding the cake was beautiful and just how I had imagined it to be. It tasted even better than it looked! I would highly recommend Molly for others :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Molly created the perfect cake for our event this February. My husband and I planned our wedding from New Jersey, so we corresponded with Molly via email. She took the pictures we sent her and made them her own. The final design we decided upon was exactly what we envisioned. We were so ecstatic to see it in person the day of the wedding. It was exactly what we had planned. She made a cake that was both masculine and feminine and fit in perfectly with the design of the wedding. It was also perfectly moist and delicious. We love Molly!

Stefani
10/18/2013

Molly is amazing and everyone at the wedding kept asking where the cupcakes were from!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I ordered my wedding cake from d'lish and it was the best cake i have ever had!! I had a super small destination wedding in Charleston and was just looking to get a regular round cake but Molly suggest doing a tiny tiered cake and i am so glad she did! Not only was it the cutest thing ever, it always was the most delicious cake i have ever had! We did hummingbird for our top tier and and red velvet on the bottom both with cream cheese frosting, i had never had hummingbird cake before but am so glad we decided on it, it was amazing! Thank you Molly!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I absolutly LOVE Molly! She was so easy to work with and made my dream cake come to life. She was so amazing I had her do our groom's cake which ended up being a ratfink drawing of my groom in his big truck. Her cakes are as delicious as they are beautiful. I love that she doesn't work with that gross fondant either. Just amazing, I adore her!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Molly is such a pleasure to work with. I had a destination wedding and was not able to make it down to Charleston to do a tasting or consultation in person. It didn't matter though because Molly was able to create the perfect wedding cake based on some of the inspiration photos that I emailed her. She was always quick to respond to my emails and offered some suggestions with the cake design which made it turn out beautifully. The best thing is that the cake tasted delicious. We had two different flavors for our guests and they were both great. The guests kept commenting on how delicious the cake was and there wasn't a single piece left at the end of the night! If you go with D'lish, you won't go wrong!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

d'lish was another great recommendation from Magnolia Plantation and Gardens. Molly was great to work with--we only spoke on the phone once and did all the planning via email which was a breeze. Molly got exactly what we were going for, even over email. She even went so far as to leave us an entire tasting box at a local restaurant since we were planning our wedding from afar and only in town for a short time during the planning phase. We picked it up without a problem, tasted all the wonderful flavors, and had a hard time choosing which one was the best. She also makes killer brownies which were a nice complement to our strawberry cake. Our cake arrived right on time and in excellent condition, no complaints. Plus, it was beautiful AND tasted great!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I can't find a single negative thing to say about Molly. I was told by several of my other vendors that if you want a cake that people will actually eat, go to Molly, and boy were they right. I had 4 different flavors, one for each cake tier, and my guests devoured the whole thing! The cake was moist and incredibly delicious. I didn't get to crazy on the design, I prefer a more classic and simple design, but I did want the cake to stand on a vase full of orchids...Molly wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea, but she made it work and it turned out gorgeous.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Best tasting cupcakes and cakes in town! Great customer service and very dependable.

Catherine
12/12/2012

Finding Molly Lawson and her business d'lish was the piece de la resistance of the wedding. Molly was easy to contact and with our wedding being a destination wedding that was key in finding someone to work with. Making payments was easy and not a major crunch on the budget. The cake was gorgeous and fit our simplistic vision perfectly. She matched our wedding colors perfectly. The cake itself was so fresh and so moist. All the samples she made for us to try were fresh and not frozen, so we knew exactly what the cake would taste like. The flavors were an excellent choice for a December wedding and we are still getting compliments on the cake today! We would most definitely use d'lish in the future. We just need an excuse to order another cake!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Molly at D'lish was AMAZING and so easy to work with. From the start, I gave her a few photos of cakes I liked on pinterest, but told her to have fun with the design and in the end everything worked out BEAUTIFULLY. She did a great job at translating my overall vision into a stunning cupcake table, plus our smaller two-tier wedding cake. I could not have been happier with my cake and cupcakes! They looked amazing, and tasted even better. There was not a single cupcake left at the end of the night, and trust me we had way more than necessary for our number of guests, so someone was definitely going back for seconds... maybe thirds! LOL
I highly, HIGHLY recommend d'lish, you will not be disappointed!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Molly at d'lish made the most delicious and beautiful cake for my wedding day! When we sampled all of the flavors, we had a hard time choosing which flavor(s) to pick because they were all delicious. I gave her a picture of a cake I wanted to replicate, but said she could use her own artistic taste for a large gum paste flower. She was spot on! It was a joy to work with her, and she helped make planning a destination wedding easy!