DJGreyhound DJ Services
Professional DJ Services for Elegant Weddings and Upscale Occasions (packages priced under $1,000)
MD, Northern VA, South Central PA  | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Big Band, Classic Rock...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Vern was hands down the most professional, organized, detail oriented vendor there ever existed. I didn't have to worry about a thing with him. He took the initiative to call and make sure that he knew exactly what we wanted. I knew after the first time I met him that I wouldn't have any trouble with him. He was set up and ready to go by the time all the guests arrived and through the playlist we sent him, he was able to gauge the kind of music we wanted played and every single song played that night was a hit!! If I had to do it all over again, Vern would be the first person I would rehire.

Thanks again, Vern!!!! =)=)

-Lydia and Matt
Wedding: 10/13/2012

Melissa 3 Reviews
DJ Greyhound is awesome! He made everything so easy. His extensive & detailed website was alot of help and he was always available when we had questions. He is very professional and he performed exactly as expected. Our wedding day was perfect! Plus we love the bonus CD he created with our special songs. I would highly recommend DJ Greyhound and definitely use him again!!
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The music was great !, THe ceremony music, the cocktail music and dancing music.. Vern is fantastic and so professional.. He is a great MC and kept us on track as well throughout the evening!!!
Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vern was great throughout the entire process, and often would email or call even before I thought to call him. Quick to respond, incredibly reliable and professional. His flexibility during our reception ensured that all the guests had an awesome time! He is definitely the kind of DJ you do not have to worry about. He was there early, adjusted to the vibe of the crowd and was hassle free. Don't think twice about hiring him!
Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vern was a lot of fun and the reception events ran very smoothly, thanks in part, to him. We chose him because he is owner operated and experienced. So, we knew he would be really personally invested in it going well and he would have the skills to make it happen. It went really well.
Wedding: 08/11/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dj Greyhound was an amazing dj! He was very responsive and flexible all throughout our wedding planning, and he was willing to meet with us in person on multiple occassions to discuss our reception music. Vern was incredibly nice, and when the staff at our venue did not have things ready for us, Vern stepped in and helped to make sure that everything flowed smoothly. He also kept us aware throughout the day of when different events would take place, such as the cake cutting and garter toss.
Vern made sure that he played every song that we requested. At one point in the day, a guest stepped on my dress and it ripped. So that I wouldn't miss out on any songs that I wanted to dance to, Vern played some classic, go-to songs that everyone knew. I was so grateful for this.
If you are looking for an affordable, flexible, and kind dj, DJ Grehound is your guy! We couldnt have asked for a better DJ!
Wedding: 06/23/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We are so thankful we found Vern. We planned our own wedding and Vern was one of the few aspects we never questioned or worried about. From the moment we first got in touch he was so professional and so clearly competent. He handled our mic and music needs for the outdoor ceremony, quickly switched to a second location for the outdoor cocktail hour, and then moved over to the larger setup in the reception hall he had established earlier in the day. We already felt good about Vern and our feelings were confirmed when we heard several of our guests exclaiming to others how great the playlist was. And he did a great job of reading the crowd--the dance floor was never empty. Vern was great to work with and the best choice we could have made for a DJ.
Wedding: 05/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vern is excellent to work with! He responds to emails quickly and really is on top of things. His price is more affordable than many other DJs in this area, and he was exactly the kind of DJ that we were looking for. He did everything perfectly, we couldn't have asked for more. Our guests had a blast out on the dance floor. I highly recommend Vern!
Wedding: 04/28/2012

Anonymous 9 Reviews
Working with Vern at DJ Greyhound DJ Services was one of the best choices we made when choosing our endless list of vendors! I am a softie for animals and rescue, and learning that Vern donates to Greyhound rescue immediately got him to the top of my list when I was in the interview process of my list of DJs. After speaking with Vern on the phone, I felt that he really had a wonderful grasp on the type of reception my husband and I were trying to create. He did not disappoint! He was extremely professional, dressed very well, stuck to our requests, played what we had requested, and didn't play songs we put on our do not play list- despite guests asking him to! He kept everyone on the dance floor all night long- and I mean everyone- grandmas, aunts, uncles, you name it! Everyone told us what an amazing time they had, and I know we owe quite a lot of that compliment to Vern. Thanks for making it so fun and special for everyone!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vern was extremely flexible which was great for us because of all the family and friends we had there and all of the differing opinions on music. It was great that he was so organized as well, it was comforting to me that he wanted the timeline of the gist of how things were going to go because I was very concerned about time but he eased my fears on that. Thank you so much for doing a wonderful job at our wedding! If you're getting married in the DC area I definitely reccommend talking to Vern!
Wedding: 01/14/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were very happy with Vern's DJing at our reception. He did a great job of taking our song requests and incoroporating them into a cohesive sound for the evening. He also did exactly the amount of MCing we wanted, and we appreciated the way he kept things moving. In our meeting prior to the event, he offered some very valuable suggestion for timing and planning that worked out well. I would certainly recommend him to anyone getting married in the area.
Wedding: 12/10/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
DJ Greyhound (Vern) did a great job at our wedding. He really listened to what we wanted out of a dj and executed upon it flawlessly. He gave suggestions where we needed help and really worked with us. Our wedding was a distance away from where he lives and he never hesitated in the least bit to meet us at the venue ahead of time to cover logistics. We schedule our pre wedding venue visit on the day of the DC earthquake and he still made it out. DJ Greyhound did the music for a our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I bring this up because it was a logistics obstacle transitioning between all 3 physically dispersed locations. I really appreciate the level of energy and professionalism Vern gave the day. I'd highly recommend him.
Wedding: 10/22/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
DJ Greyhound was absolutely incredible! Our guests all loved his music, and he was very helpful throughout the planning process, and was able to accommodate all of our requests. He went above and beyond, and even gave us a CD at the end of the night that included all of our special wedding songs. Could not recommend him enough!!!
Wedding: 10/15/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding/reception was amazing and DJ Greyhound helped us to create a night my husband and I will never forget! DJ Greyhound provided us with a meeting about a month prior to our wedding date and we knew exactly what to expect and made the reception so much fun!! All of our guests have said that they enjoyed themselves and lets face it, the music and dancing is a big part of this :) Thank you so much DJ Greyhound for making our night one we will remember always!
Wedding: 10/07/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vern was very helpful and responsive, but not at all pushy. He was very organized and had everything ready to go well before the wedding, and was even kind when we were a little late in getting our contributions to him. At the event, he was professional and unobtrusive, playing exactly the type of music that we -- and our guests -- wanted. He handled last-minute requests from our crazy relatives with calm and patience. His follow-up was also great and showed that he really cares about clients.
Wedding: 10/01/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
seriously, the DJ community in the DC metro area is not only saturated, but completely overpriced. i found a gem with Dj Vern (DJ Greyhound)! he was likeable, responsive, organized, and best of all - affordable. we spoke on the phone twice and emailed a few times the 6 months before my wedding, but never had a chance to meet in person, but i wasnt worried. (he is available to meet in person if you like). he showed up on time, was appropriately dressed, and there wasnt ONE HICCUP with any of the music or sound set-ups. i would highly recommend DJ Greyhound Dj services to anyone planning a wedding and will refer him to any of my friends getting married as well.
Wedding: 09/24/2011
 443-394-7132
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire