DJGreyhound DJ Services
Professional DJ Services for Elegant Weddings and Upscale Occasions (most dates priced under $1,000)
MD, Washington DC, Northern VA, South Central PA
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Big Band, Classic Rock...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
DJ Greyhound was awesome!! He is very friendly, hard working and gave quality service! He got all the songs we requested for our wedding ceremony and reception. He played songs requested by our guests. Continuous fun party!! Make no mistake he is the best DJ!! Hire him for your event and you will be very pleased!
Wedding: 08/03/2013

Anonymous 6 Reviews
DJGreyhound was wonderful to work with - very friendly, well organized, responsive to all communication via email/phone chats, insightful to providing program layout advice. A big thanks to his terrific services overall for our wedding reception (6/29/13)!!

Private User 5 Reviews
Hire this DJ!! To be honest, I did not spend a lot of time looking for or interviewing DJs as I was working full time and going to law school part time while trying to plan the wedding. I hired DJ Greyhound after only a phone interview without even meeting him because (1) his rates were really reasonable; (2) he already had good reviews; and (3) I liked that he donated some of his proceeds to a good cause. He was also incredibly flexible with the set-up at my reception. My venue had 3 floors - cocktails on the first floor, dinner on the second floor, and dancing on the third floor. He used his main system on the first floor and his second system on the second floor. During dinner he moved his main system up to the third floor to be ready for dancing. And he didn't charge extra for bringing the second system! His music selections all night were spot on. He had my guests dancing the ENTIRE night - seriously the dance floor was never empty. And our venue let us stay later than planned, so he stayed later as well with no complaints. At the end of the night, he gave us a CD with all of our wedding songs on it.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vern was such a great choice for our wedding. We met up with him months befor our wedding to discuss what we wanted and more importantly what we didn't want based on our friends and family attending. Vern understood where we were coming from. He had the foresight to mention that the song we selected for our first dance was long and if we wanted to cut it short all he needed was a look for a nice tasteful fade. The day of the wedding Vern was not over the top except where it was needed (our introduction), kept the volume to where everyone had no need to shout to talk to one another, orchestrated all the toasts...and some extra toasts, and kept the music pumping to entertain both dancers and non dancers alike. We would love to hire Vern again but we both agree that our wedding was perfect and could ever be duplicated. We can't thank him enough! He is the best! PS- We were especially touched by the custom CD he made for us.
Wedding: 05/24/2013

Jennifer 3 Reviews
DJ Greyhound emceed our wedding in May and we were so happy with his services. He is such a cool, classy guy and always has such a reassuring demeanor. His price point was even a little less than some other DJs we interviewed, and his contract terms were incredibly fair and generous compared to others. On the day of, we had to move our ceremony inside at the last minute, and he didn't skip a beat rearranging things and accommodating the new set up. So many guests complemented us on our music and his announcing style, and he did a great job keeping the dance floor packed. He also made us a CD of some of our wedding music to take home at the end of the night. We would most definitely recommend DJ Greyhound to others.
Wedding: 05/18/2013

Anonymous 9 Reviews
Vern did a great job with our ceremony and reception, and we really had the dance floor jumping at the end of the night! He was extremely responsive and professional in all the lead-up to the event and played all the music that we requested- he also took requests from the floor (which we had previously indicated was fine) and the guests loved it!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We contacted Vern about setting up a meeting for our wedding and had time set up later that week. He immediately impressed us with his laid-back style and enthusiasm for what he does. He walked us through the contract and answered all of our questions. Prior to the wedding, Vern helped us to organize our timeline for our reception. Vern had the best contract of any of our vendors, including moneyback clauses in the event of a no-show to keep us at ease. We are glad that Vern showed, though, because he kept our guests on the dance floor all night long. We requested party music, with very few specific requests, and Vern made all the right choices. We got so many compliments on our DJ and we would hire or refer him in an instant. If you want your guests dancing all night long, DJ Greyhound is the way to go.
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vern was a very friendly, professional DJ! He wasn't one of those over the top, cheesy acts. He played most of the songs we asked for (let's be honest though, we love so many songs that there just arent enough hours in the day to listen to them all) and even gave us a CD with some special songs.

The only thing I wished for was the music and announcements to be a little louder. Don't get me wrong, the music was plenty loud on the dance floor, which was perfect! However, I wished I could've heard cake cutting etc announcements a little better. Hmm, maybe it was because I had so many people to talk to. Perhaps I should've had a headset :-) Other than that, Vern was spectacular! He made our ceremony and reception very magical!
Wedding: 11/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vern was hands down the most professional, organized, detail oriented vendor there ever existed. I didn't have to worry about a thing with him. He took the initiative to call and make sure that he knew exactly what we wanted. I knew after the first time I met him that I wouldn't have any trouble with him. He was set up and ready to go by the time all the guests arrived and through the playlist we sent him, he was able to gauge the kind of music we wanted played and every single song played that night was a hit!! If I had to do it all over again, Vern would be the first person I would rehire.

Thanks again, Vern!!!! =)=)

-Lydia and Matt
Wedding: 10/13/2012

Melissa 3 Reviews
DJ Greyhound is awesome! He made everything so easy. His extensive & detailed website was alot of help and he was always available when we had questions. He is very professional and he performed exactly as expected. Our wedding day was perfect! Plus we love the bonus CD he created with our special songs. I would highly recommend DJ Greyhound and definitely use him again!!
Wedding: 10/06/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The music was great !, THe ceremony music, the cocktail music and dancing music.. Vern is fantastic and so professional.. He is a great MC and kept us on track as well throughout the evening!!!
Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vern was great throughout the entire process, and often would email or call even before I thought to call him. Quick to respond, incredibly reliable and professional. His flexibility during our reception ensured that all the guests had an awesome time! He is definitely the kind of DJ you do not have to worry about. He was there early, adjusted to the vibe of the crowd and was hassle free. Don't think twice about hiring him!
Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vern was a lot of fun and the reception events ran very smoothly, thanks in part, to him. We chose him because he is owner operated and experienced. So, we knew he would be really personally invested in it going well and he would have the skills to make it happen. It went really well.
Wedding: 08/11/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dj Greyhound was an amazing dj! He was very responsive and flexible all throughout our wedding planning, and he was willing to meet with us in person on multiple occassions to discuss our reception music. Vern was incredibly nice, and when the staff at our venue did not have things ready for us, Vern stepped in and helped to make sure that everything flowed smoothly. He also kept us aware throughout the day of when different events would take place, such as the cake cutting and garter toss.
Vern made sure that he played every song that we requested. At one point in the day, a guest stepped on my dress and it ripped. So that I wouldn't miss out on any songs that I wanted to dance to, Vern played some classic, go-to songs that everyone knew. I was so grateful for this.
If you are looking for an affordable, flexible, and kind dj, DJ Grehound is your guy! We couldnt have asked for a better DJ!
Wedding: 06/23/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We are so thankful we found Vern. We planned our own wedding and Vern was one of the few aspects we never questioned or worried about. From the moment we first got in touch he was so professional and so clearly competent. He handled our mic and music needs for the outdoor ceremony, quickly switched to a second location for the outdoor cocktail hour, and then moved over to the larger setup in the reception hall he had established earlier in the day. We already felt good about Vern and our feelings were confirmed when we heard several of our guests exclaiming to others how great the playlist was. And he did a great job of reading the crowd--the dance floor was never empty. Vern was great to work with and the best choice we could have made for a DJ.
Wedding: 05/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Vern is excellent to work with! He responds to emails quickly and really is on top of things. His price is more affordable than many other DJs in this area, and he was exactly the kind of DJ that we were looking for. He did everything perfectly, we couldn't have asked for more. Our guests had a blast out on the dance floor. I highly recommend Vern!
Wedding: 04/28/2012
 443-394-7132
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire