DJ Sota Entertainment

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

Dakota did an amazing job as the DJ and MC for our wedding on 6/20/15. My wife and I looked high and low as we both are not originally from the Southern California area. Some vendors told us that you can't effectively have one person act as the DJ and MC --- Dakota proved that wrong. He kept our wedding entertained the entire night and even some slight of hand to get people up and dancing. Dakota uses an online interface so my wife and I could list songs we definitely wanted to hear on our special day along with the songs we didn't want to hear. Setting this up was fun and easy. Dakota met with us about a week or two before our event. From there things were handled. My wife and I had nothing to worry about--- we didn't look at our clock or worry about the evening's schedule the entire night. One of our out of town wedding guests is a DJ and he was very impressed.

If you need a great DJ -- look no further, my wife and I found Dakota on Yelp and we couldn't be happier that we hired him. Thank you so much!

Dana
05/30/2015

Dakota was professional, friendly, adaptive to our needs and provided THE BEST WEDDING MUSIC EVER!!
Our guests were so happy and we got so many compliments on our DJ!! In addition, Dakota added his expertise to the flow of the evening and executed it to perfection!! From the Grand Entrance to the Speeches and First Dances, the timing was perfect and wonderful!! PLEASE USE HIM IF YOU NEED THE PERFECT DJ TO MAKE YOUR EVENT SEAMLESS AND WONDERFUL!!!
Dana Susson

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We hired DJ Sota (Dakota) for our Palm Springs wedding and are SO pleased with the services he provided! He is super professional, well-priced, has a fantastic personality for DJ'ing, and is full of ideas and suggestions when it comes to your music selection. Dakota did a wonderful job of feeling out the crowd and playing songs that were consistent with the mood/vibe on the dance floor. He had almost all of our guests on their feet, and the evening's entertainment flowed seamlessly from one hour to the next.

Be sure to book DJ Sota far in advance so you don't miss out! He is fantastic, and we highly recommend him for any occasion. :)

Services Used: DJ

THE BEST DJ, and most professional person you will meet in the wedding industry!

We had the pleasure of having Dakota (DJ Sota) as our wedding MC last week and he was perfect!
From the very first interaction, to our sit down meeting, and through the day of DJ Sota was prepared, fun, and so easy to work with.

To a DJ we are probably the worst couple, we like a little bit of everything, and we aren't very decisive. DJ Sota took the time to listen to what we liked, and come up with a playlist that was perfect for our wedding. All night our friends told us how great the music selection was, and we had a dance party until the very end!

There were no awkward moments, or empty dance floors, DJ Sota provided the very best!
We really can't say thank you enough, for how awesome he is at playing music, but also at being a part of our wedding. We really do feel that he played a key role in our wedding success, and for that we will always be thankful!

Cheers, to the Best DJ in SoCal!

Services Used: DJ

DJ Sota did our wedding a couple months ago and was absolutely amazing!! After reading the great reviews online, we were leaning towards booking him and then our photographers recommended him when randomly asking for their recs, and it was a done deal. Not only was he the DJ/Emcee, but we also had him do the uplighting/monogram for our wedding which really transformed the room. He created a beautiful blush color and worked with us on specific fonts/lettering for the monogram and where he thought it would look best without getting in the way of the photographer's lighting - which shows his level of experience. Do not underestimate the importance of having a great DJ at your wedding. From personal experience, we can say that the DJ really can make or break a wedding when it comes to how much fun the guests are having and making sure you're keeping that dance floor full! Having a great DJ/Emcee means more dancing, better pictures/video, a smooth timeline and overall just less stress for the bride and groom. Dakota worked with us on all of the details and provided such great recommendations for us throughout the process. (We had never even thought about what type of background music we wanted throughout dinner and he immediately got to know us and worked with our tastes). Everything about the process was extremely professional and well-planned which lead to amazing execution the day of. He was SO much more than some wedding DJs we have seen where they just play songs back to back and there's not a lot of crowd interraction. Our wedding was so much fun and people are still talking about how much fun they had on the dance floor! Thank you Dakota!

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Nima
03/14/2015

We could not have asked for any more in Dakota and a DJ. He walked us through from begining to end, and helped us make every important decision. He knew what to do and what not to do and we couldn't have done it without him.
We sat down with Dakota and he was able to really help us nail down our song selection. From entrance songs to first dance to dancing music he had it dialed. The dance floor incorporated all the music we love with the Persian music of my family. Literally the whole wedding was on the dance floor, and dancing all night long to the very last song.
Dakota was able to supply dance lights, uplights, a monogram, a photobooth, seperate mics for speeches, and everything AV you could want. He made it so easy because it was all in one spot with one vendor. Definetly the way to do it.
During the wedding he MCed it flawlessly. Everything flowed and there was never a long unwanted break. In fact we ended up ahead of schedule! I get compliments to this day on how well the wedding flowed and I would recommend him to my friends and anyone getting married. Thank you Dakota!

Services Used: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

DJ Sota Entertainment is a five star business that I would recommend to anyone looking for a professional and extremely talented DJ. Dakota Sottosanto was our DJ for our wedding in Huntington Beach, CA. I hired Dakota in March for our December wedding. He books up fast so I wanted to make sure that he would be available.

From the moment I contacted him he made everything easy and I felt I was in good hands. He emailed me a DJ planning form, he has over 100,000 songs! I was able to take my time and go over each detail of the reception. Since he was so helpful I asked if he could recommend a coordinator, florist and photographer. Turns out his wife is a coordinator and a darn good one too! I hired her the next day (see spear are review for Stop and Stare events). They are a great team, I highly recommend having them both at your wedding.

About two weeks before the wedding I met up with Dakota. He had a timeline all mapped out for me and all I had to do was fill in what songs we wanted for our grand entrance, bouquet toss, garter toss etc. He steered me in into how to pick music for each section of the reception and it was perfect.

The day of the event he showed up early, was all set up, I didn't have to follow up at all. His DJ stand has a smooth cover around it so you don't see any wires. Everyone commented on how great Dakota was I even had him stay two extra hours. Best night of my life, thank you!!

DJ Sota Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you Laura for the kind words. It was a pleasure to be at your wedding, and I am so happy you had a great night!

1 person found this review helpful

DJ Sota was the DJ and emcee for our wedding ceremony and reception last month (Sept 2014) at Dove Canyon Country Club and he did such an amazing job! He was extremely professional and easy to work with from start to finish, and he gave so many helpful suggestions on song choices, as well as on the timing and structure of our wedding. He also did such a great job incorporating the Arabic music we requested to be played, and our guests loved it! On our wedding day, he helped keep us on schedule and checked in periodically throughout the night, and most importantly, he played great music and kept the dance floor packed. Everyone had such a great time, and it was largely because of DJ Sota. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. You won’t be disappointed!

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

After finding our venue (The Summit House in Fullerton), finding our DJ was the next on our to-do list. From our first phone conversation, DJ Sota (Dakota) was always extremely professional and was able to answer any questions we had, no matter how small they may have been. Dakota DJ'd our wedding at the Summit House on 08/31/14, and he also provided the uplighting (which was beautiful) and a personalized image that was projected for us, instead of a monogram.
A couple weeks before our wedding, we meet with Dakota to go over our timeline just to make sure everything would run smoothly on our wedding day. Since I'm an optometrist, we wanted to incorporate a personalized "eye chart" to be projected at our wedding (Instead of the traditional/ standard monogram). Although we asked Dakota if he would be able to pull this off for us with such short notice, he was extremely helpful and was more than willing to help us with this unique request. The end result was PERFECT! It was just what we had pictured.
To say Dakota made our reception smoothly would be an understatement. We are both from predominately Latin families, so one of our initial concerns was to make sure we found someone who would be able to play a good mix of Latin music to keep our guest dancing. Dakota did just that! Our guest were having so much fun on the dance floor that we decided to extend our reception an extra hour to keep the celebration going!! (and Dakota was able to accommodate us with that last minute request).
To this day, our friends and family let us know how much fun they had at our wedding, especially dancing the night away. We are soo thankful to have come across DJ Sota's website. He is very professional, was very punctual, extremely organized, so easy to work with and overall helped make our dream wedding a reality. Thank you Dj Sota for everything, you are THE BEST!!

DJ Sota Entertainment responded with the following comments:

Thank you for the review. I am so glad I was able to personalize the wedding for you! I had a great time and I am glad you did too!

1 person found this review helpful

We hired DJ Sota (Dakota) for our wedding at the Surf & Sand Resort in Laguna Beach. We originally hired Dakota to do the lighting and be our DJ for the reception. About 2 weeks before the wedding, I asked Dakota if we could add a custom monogram. Although we were only 2 weeks away, Dakota was more than accommodating. He was able to take the design from the back of our wedding invitation and project it on the wall. It turned out amazing! Then about 2 days before the wedding, we had a problem with our ceremony musician and asked Dakota to step in and play during the ceremony as well. Again, he came through without any hesitation!!

Everything turned about better than we even imaged! The lighting was beautiful. The music was excellent. And Dakota made sure everything went according to plan. Dakota has done many weddings and his knowledge of all the details and timing of everything put me at ease. Our hotel coordinator only facilitated through the ceremony, so it was very important that we had someone who could run the show at the reception.

In addition, my husband is Colombian and we wanted to have a mix of music and incorporate Latin music. Dakota did a great job mixing it up and keeping the Latin music modern so everyone enjoyed dancing to it.

Lastly, the best thing I liked about Dakota was that he is not cheesy or like a game show host. We met with many DJs and they all had this game show host vibe. Dakota gave the party life without taking over the show. I would definitely recommend Dakota to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sevy
08/15/2014

Dakota is the best DJ one could ever expect. Seriously, he will take all the stress and work out of your hands and handle everything. He is also a very genuine, great guy.

Lina
08/02/2014

DJ Sota is it! Reliable, professional, hip, very easy to get along with! My husband and I are so grateful for how DJ Sota was able to guide us through step by step and very patient with us while we were indecisive with song choices for both the ceremony and reception. He is super organized with numerous lists of suggestions and helped turn our stress to excitement for our special day. We definitely recommend DJ Sota!

DJ Sota Entertainment responded with the following comments:

It was an honor to be a part of your wedding! I am so glad you were happy with our service and I appreciate the review.

Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Dakota and Diego made our wedding day an absolute dream! Dakota was on the ball from the moment I contacted him, and was very flexible and helpful with our song choices. Diego was very professional, respectful, and fun! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ service!

Private User
1+ year ago

Choosing a DJ for my wedding was something I wasn't excited about doing. I was a little worried about choosing a DJ because, unlike other components of a wedding, I couldn't actually hear/see a DJ's work before an event.... I just had to trust my instincts and reviews.

I thoroughly looked at other DJs, asked for quotes, asked friends for recommendations, but I wasn't really satisfied with anything I saw. I came across DJ Sota on WeddingWire, and I was impressed by all the reviews. I, of course, had to investigate further, and so I checked on Yelp, his website, his YouTube videos (of weddings), and his FaceBook. At this point, I felt like a stalker, but hey... a DJ will make or break your wedding, so I was determined to find a great one.

From the first time I spoke with DJ Sota, he was very professional, friendly, and attentive. Before we booked him, he met with my husband and answered all our questions and addressed our concerns. I wasn't really sure what to expect from a DJ, but DJ Sota nailed it. He promptly sent us a wedding planning sheet. This was so helpful, and it made planning the "day of" music/timeline less daunting.

About two weeks before my wedding, Dakota (DJ Sota) and I touched base on music selection and equipment needs, and a week before my wedding, we met at the venue to discuss layout and finalize the timeline and music selection. As mentioned, DJ Sota was very professional and incredibly knowledgeable. He gave me some recommendations that were very helpful. In addition, he was very thorough in his work.

On the day of the wedding, DJ Sota was everything I hoped for and more! From the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, to dancing, DJ Sota played everything I wanted and helped us

Services Used: DJ

DJ Sota (aka Dakota Sottosanto) did an amazing job as our wedding DJ at the Newland Barn in Huntington Beach. I'll just start off by saying - my husband and I are not particular about much, but we are TOTALLY particular about music. DJ Sota allowed us to build custom playlists for each wedding event, which suited our tone and personality without being off-putting to our guests. He counseled us through the process, lending expert advise that only a professional with experience in weddings would know. And together we made a one-of-a-kind experience for ourselves and our guests!

I feel like many wedding DJ's would have taken one look at our broad musical choices and ran for the hills. But DJ Sota went that extra mile to get to know the music, and was super helpful in making sure that our special songs would be played at appropriate moments (even working in some of our more obscure favorites into the open dance timeslots) He is a charming fellow to boot so MC'ing the events seemed to come naturally to him; no weird awkward silences or pauses. He was friendly, courteous, and professional to our family and friends too, which goes a long way with us. Overall we would highly recommend DJ Sota!

Kristin
05/31/2014

If you are looking for a wonderful husband and wife team for music and coordination then Stop and Stare Events and DJ Sota Entertainment is the way to go! Kristen and Dakota were absolutely fantastic to work with and very detail oriented. I was extremely impressed by how in tune they were with the details; I never realized there were so many mini details to make a wedding day one to remember especially the music.

Music at an event really sets the mood for the whole day and Dakota developed a wonderful playlist that fit our venue/music taste perfectly. The music was wonderful throughout the whole day, he listened to what my husband and I wanted and did that and more. Also, he has a capturing voice which is a plus since he was the one telling guests information. Weeks after the wedding guests kept sending emails asking about the playlist and all the great detail of the wedding. This is the first time I have ever hired a DJ and I would recommend Dakota as one of the best DJ’s out there!

Lastly, the small details of a wedding really tie everything together and without Kristen’s wonderful help our wedding wouldn’t have ran as smoothly as it did. She was so easy to work with and was very helpful when I asked for advice. When I arrived to our wedding site everything looked amazing and just the way my husband and I envisioned it! Kristen even went above and beyond when it came to the cake cutting. We just had a plain table cloth with the cake but Kristen moved the flowers that were tied onto the chairs to the table for an elegant touch!

My advice is hire this amazing duo, plain and simple. You will not regret it!