DJ Sota Entertainment

DJ Sota Entertainment

Not Just Your Everyday DJ - MC, Lighting, Photo-booth and Coordination

287 Hanover Dr.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Sota was the DJ and emcee for our wedding ceremony and reception last month (Sept 2014) at Dove Canyon Country Club and he did such an amazing job! He was extremely professional and easy to work with from start to finish, and he gave so many helpful suggestions on song choices, as well as on the timing and structure of our wedding. He also did such a great job incorporating the Arabic music we requested to be played, and our guests loved it! On our wedding day, he helped keep us on schedule and checked in periodically throughout the night, and most importantly, he played great music and kept the dance floor packed. Everyone had such a great time, and it was largely because of DJ Sota. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. You won’t be disappointed!

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After finding our venue (The Summit House in Fullerton), finding our DJ was the next on our to-do list. From our first phone conversation, DJ Sota (Dakota) was always extremely professional and was able to answer any questions we had, no matter how small they may have been. Dakota DJ'd our wedding at the Summit House on 08/31/14, and he also provided the uplighting (which was beautiful) and a personalized image that was projected for us, instead of a monogram.
A couple weeks before our wedding, we meet with Dakota to go over our timeline just to make sure everything would run smoothly on our wedding day. Since I'm an optometrist, we wanted to incorporate a personalized "eye chart" to be projected at our wedding (Instead of the traditional/ standard monogram). Although we asked Dakota if he would be able to pull this off for us with such short notice, he was extremely helpful and was more than willing to help us with this unique request. The end result was PERFECT! It was just what we had pictured.
To say Dakota made our reception smoothly would be an understatement. We are both from predominately Latin families, so one of our initial concerns was to make sure we found someone who would be able to play a good mix of Latin music to keep our guest dancing. Dakota did just that! Our guest were having so much fun on the dance floor that we decided to extend our reception an extra hour to keep the celebration going!! (and Dakota was able to accommodate us with that last minute request).
To this day, our friends and family let us know how much fun they had at our wedding, especially dancing the night away. We are soo thankful to have come across DJ Sota's website. He is very professional, was very punctual, extremely organized, so easy to work with and overall helped make our dream wedding a reality. Thank you Dj Sota for everything, you are THE BEST!!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired DJ Sota (Dakota) for our wedding at the Surf & Sand Resort in Laguna Beach. We originally hired Dakota to do the lighting and be our DJ for the reception. About 2 weeks before the wedding, I asked Dakota if we could add a custom monogram. Although we were only 2 weeks away, Dakota was more than accommodating. He was able to take the design from the back of our wedding invitation and project it on the wall. It turned out amazing! Then about 2 days before the wedding, we had a problem with our ceremony musician and asked Dakota to step in and play during the ceremony as well. Again, he came through without any hesitation!!

Everything turned about better than we even imaged! The lighting was beautiful. The music was excellent. And Dakota made sure everything went according to plan. Dakota has done many weddings and his knowledge of all the details and timing of everything put me at ease. Our hotel coordinator only facilitated through the ceremony, so it was very important that we had someone who could run the show at the reception.

In addition, my husband is Colombian and we wanted to have a mix of music and incorporate Latin music. Dakota did a great job mixing it up and keeping the Latin music modern so everyone enjoyed dancing to it.

Lastly, the best thing I liked about Dakota was that he is not cheesy or like a game show host. We met with many DJs and they all had this game show host vibe. Dakota gave the party life without taking over the show. I would definitely recommend Dakota to anyone looking for a DJ.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dakota is the best DJ one could ever expect. Seriously, he will take all the stress and work out of your hands and handle everything. He is also a very genuine, great guy.

• Wedding: 08/15/2014
Sevy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Sota is it! Reliable, professional, hip, very easy to get along with! My husband and I are so grateful for how DJ Sota was able to guide us through step by step and very patient with us while we were indecisive with song choices for both the ceremony and reception. He is super organized with numerous lists of suggestions and helped turn our stress to excitement for our special day. We definitely recommend DJ Sota!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
Lina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dakota and Diego made our wedding day an absolute dream! Dakota was on the ball from the moment I contacted him, and was very flexible and helpful with our song choices. Diego was very professional, respectful, and fun! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ service!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Choosing a DJ for my wedding was something I wasn't excited about doing. I was a little worried about choosing a DJ because, unlike other components of a wedding, I couldn't actually hear/see a DJ's work before an event.... I just had to trust my instincts and reviews.

I thoroughly looked at other DJs, asked for quotes, asked friends for recommendations, but I wasn't really satisfied with anything I saw. I came across DJ Sota on WeddingWire, and I was impressed by all the reviews. I, of course, had to investigate further, and so I checked on Yelp, his website, his YouTube videos (of weddings), and his FaceBook. At this point, I felt like a stalker, but hey... a DJ will make or break your wedding, so I was determined to find a great one.

From the first time I spoke with DJ Sota, he was very professional, friendly, and attentive. Before we booked him, he met with my husband and answered all our questions and addressed our concerns. I wasn't really sure what to expect from a DJ, but DJ Sota nailed it. He promptly sent us a wedding planning sheet. This was so helpful, and it made planning the "day of" music/timeline less daunting.

About two weeks before my wedding, Dakota (DJ Sota) and I touched base on music selection and equipment needs, and a week before my wedding, we met at the venue to discuss layout and finalize the timeline and music selection. As mentioned, DJ Sota was very professional and incredibly knowledgeable. He gave me some recommendations that were very helpful. In addition, he was very thorough in his work.

On the day of the wedding, DJ Sota was everything I hoped for and more! From the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, to dancing, DJ Sota played everything I wanted and helped us

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Sota (aka Dakota Sottosanto) did an amazing job as our wedding DJ at the Newland Barn in Huntington Beach. I'll just start off by saying - my husband and I are not particular about much, but we are TOTALLY particular about music. DJ Sota allowed us to build custom playlists for each wedding event, which suited our tone and personality without being off-putting to our guests. He counseled us through the process, lending expert advise that only a professional with experience in weddings would know. And together we made a one-of-a-kind experience for ourselves and our guests!

I feel like many wedding DJ's would have taken one look at our broad musical choices and ran for the hills. But DJ Sota went that extra mile to get to know the music, and was super helpful in making sure that our special songs would be played at appropriate moments (even working in some of our more obscure favorites into the open dance timeslots) He is a charming fellow to boot so MC'ing the events seemed to come naturally to him; no weird awkward silences or pauses. He was friendly, courteous, and professional to our family and friends too, which goes a long way with us. Overall we would highly recommend DJ Sota!

• Wedding: 06/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are looking for a wonderful husband and wife team for music and coordination then Stop and Stare Events and DJ Sota Entertainment is the way to go! Kristen and Dakota were absolutely fantastic to work with and very detail oriented. I was extremely impressed by how in tune they were with the details; I never realized there were so many mini details to make a wedding day one to remember especially the music.

Music at an event really sets the mood for the whole day and Dakota developed a wonderful playlist that fit our venue/music taste perfectly. The music was wonderful throughout the whole day, he listened to what my husband and I wanted and did that and more. Also, he has a capturing voice which is a plus since he was the one telling guests information. Weeks after the wedding guests kept sending emails asking about the playlist and all the great detail of the wedding. This is the first time I have ever hired a DJ and I would recommend Dakota as one of the best DJ’s out there!

Lastly, the small details of a wedding really tie everything together and without Kristen’s wonderful help our wedding wouldn’t have ran as smoothly as it did. She was so easy to work with and was very helpful when I asked for advice. When I arrived to our wedding site everything looked amazing and just the way my husband and I envisioned it! Kristen even went above and beyond when it came to the cake cutting. We just had a plain table cloth with the cake but Kristen moved the flowers that were tied onto the chairs to the table for an elegant touch!

My advice is hire this amazing duo, plain and simple. You will not regret it!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Kristin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Diego did a great job at our wedding. We were pleased with his professionalism as well as playing exactly the music and type of music we had given him.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had DJ Diego for our wedding last May. He was very entertaining and kept our guests dancing all evening! We also worked with him and DJ Sota to get everything prepared beforehand. They are very efficient and organized. The timeline they helped us create was extremely helpful and DJ Diego made sure everything went smoothly and according to the timeline. We would definitely recommend them to family and friends.

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
Engie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Sota made our night so fun. He had everyone out on the dance floor and I am still getting remarks on how good of a DJ he was and how fun the night was because there was good music playing. The lighting setup that he did was so worth it and made the perfect atmosphere.

• Wedding: 05/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Sota's company was so amazing to work with. We were referred to Dakota's company by our photographer, Jamie Brinkman from Jamie B Photography, who had worded with him several times prior and was very pleased with DJ Sota's team. We originally thought Dakota was going to be our DJ, but he had another event. After we had a Skype meeting with DJ Dave, we knew that this was going to be the best decision for our special day!

We had to arrange the whole thing from the east coast and they walked us through the entire process with ease. At times, we felt overwhelmed with all the typical wedding things, but with their organized time line and helpful client questionnaires, we learned quickly that this was going to be much easier than expected. They were super helpful with suggestions and giving us a peace of mind by walking us through different ideas and how to incorporate our vision for the perfect wedding.

Dave was punctual, very friendly, easily worked with our requests. He had a sense of humor, very easygoing and ensured we stayed on track with our time line the day of wedding. Even though we had a bit of a late start (we were about 15-20 min late), he managed to bring us back on track - which was super important since we had 2 other vendors who had a specific time they needed to start their performances. Every guest that had a request or needed his assistance continued to rave about his professionalism and how easy it was to approach him. He was well dressed and always had a smile on his face (which was always a plus with those candid photos!).

If we ever have another event - no offense Dakota - Dave would definitely be our man! :)

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband did most of the work on the music portion of our wedding but I can say DJ Sota and DJ Vaughn did an absolutely amazing job for my wedding last night in San Diego.

DJ Sota was extremely communicative via email and answered any and all questions we had. He helped us create a great timeline for the day and made helpful suggestions for music choices when we were lost. Even on the morning of my wedding I was able to email him to extend my processional song and sure enough he came through!

DJ Vaughn was our actual DJ for the night and if I could give him 10 stars, I would. He was FANTASTIC! He never left his area and he played the best dance songs. He MC'd exactly how we would want, made the night run smooth and helped throw one hell of a dance party. From the minute dinner ended until the time the lights went on and the wedding was over people were on the floor dancing. His music choices were great and my only complaint is the night had to end

Thank you DJ Vaughn!

Marci
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not recommend DJ Sota enough! Dakota is great to work with and extremely helpful and made the whole process of finding a DJ for our wedding a breeze! Dakota already had another event scheduled for our wedding day as we contacted him late, but he had DJ Vaughn work our wedding, and Vaughn was the best DJ I have ever seen. He is very professional while making it a great party! I cannot even count the number of compliments that we received from our guests about Vaughn, they all had an amazing time! I promise you will not go wrong with either Dakota or Vaughn!

Patrick
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Sota was our DJ for our wedding on 4/26/14. When we first got engaged, I had no idea where to even start looking for a good DJ, when I started researching, there quite a bit of shady DJ's out there that were trying to rip us off and charge us way to much for what they were offering, and most of them just seemed stuck up, and weren't really helpful. When I found DJ Sota on Yelp, I saw amazing reviews on him and his company DJ Sota Entertainment. Ever since the day I contacted him, he has been helpful every step of the way, and he was very prompt and quick about responding by email, text, or phone call, and answered any questions we had. He made us feel super comfortable and was up front and honest with us,we were even on a first name basis, and he wasn't pushy at all.

We met up 2 weeks prior to our wedding to finalize everything, and we had some last minute changes, and he was able to work around it. He even was able to have one of his friends to come help translate at our wedding to accommodate and make my Argentinean family comfortable during the reception.We definitely recommend him for any event you may need a DJ for. Thanks so much Dakota!

831-818-5408
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment