DJ Michael

DJ Michael

Brighton, MA | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had Michael DJ our wedding reception at the Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center and he was fantastic! We could tell from our first meeting that he’s a total professional, and knows how to create the type of party you’re looking for by asking some great questions and filling in the rest with his expertise. Another thing we loved about him – Michael doesn’t do that heavy-handed self-promotion thing. No banners or signs, just great announcing and music that kept our evening on track and got everyone on the dance floor!

Michael made the music planning process really simple, with great song suggestions for some key moments. Our song list was kind of all over the place, but he turned it into a great playlist for the night! He was always on top of the crowd’s mood and adjusted to keep the energy up. The music was so good he even had my mom dancing, which I didn’t think was possible!

I highly recommend hiring Michael if you have the opportunity!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had heard michael from one of our good friends weddings and we knew we wanted him to do our wedding at that time, and we are very glad we went with him! He was so helpful and responsive whenever I emailed him about song suggestions and recommendations. We only chose a few songs we wanted to hear and let him do the rest- he played a great mix of older more classic wedding songs and modern songs- everyone was on the dance floor, including my mom, which is not an easy thing to do! We had people telling us they had such a great time on the dance floor. He has gave us a cd of songs from our wedding and a trivia book he had written which was a great personal touch. I highly recommend Michael for any wedding!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael DJ'ed our wedding reception this summer, and I can tell you unequivocally that he was worth every penny. He was extremely easy to work with and completely unfazed when we told him we needed to have music in a different room for cocktail hour, two different dining rooms, and a separate area for dancing. No problem. When the bridesmaids tried to play a surprise video and their speakers weren't loud enough, he came to the rescue without being asked, connected his own speakers and had it all working in two minutes. And then there's the music itself. We worked out a music plan together ahead of time, but Michael knew what to play when and the dance floor was full the entire night. If you have a chance to snag Michael as your DJ, do it! I cannot recommend him enough.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael DJ'd for our 8/9/14 wedding, and he was awesome. When I was first interviewing DJs Michael was the most professional and responsive. He didn't pressure me at all like some of the other folks, just patiently answered all my questions. He seemed like someone I'd enjoy having a beer with which is a good criteria when you're deciding people you want to have around you on your wedding day. He really knew what he was doing and struck the right balance when it came to being flexible - he made clear that whatever we wanted, he would play, but tried to steer us in the right direction given his considerable experience about what would keep the party going. Our reception was fantastic - the music was awesome and people had a blast. Michael's announcements were really helpful - he spoke just the right amount and kept the reception moving along smoothly. He worked with my sister secretly on music for a surprise photo slide show, and he even made us 2 copies of our reception playlist as a keepsake. As a bonus he brought lighting for the dance floor with no extra charge (and his quote was already very reasonable compared to other DJs in the area!). Thanks so much Michael! Highly recommended!!

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

No need to look any further for a DJ, you will get the best with Michael! I can't tell you what an amazing dance party Michael created for us. I received countless complements on Michael's DJ skills during and after our reception. You know it is a fabulous party when guests yell for the DJ to play more music when the night comes to a close! Leave any anxiety at the door after you book with Michael, you will be getting the best!!

• Wedding: 07/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael was seriously the BEST!!! We were so lucky to get referred to such an awesome DJ. From the first time we met Michael we knew we picked the right guy. He was so laid back and really into helping prep for our wedding. We went a little crazy in our list of songs to play during certain parts of the night and the way he played all our songs and in the perfect order was amazing. The dance floor was literally going all night long and everyone keeps saying how it was packed for literally 6 hours straight. Michael had the dance party started before dinner even began!

If you want a great DJ who knows just the perfect songs and timing of songs to play you have to pick Michael!! He even goes above and beyong to play certain versions of songs you (and the father of the bride) requested!!

Loved Michael and he totally made our night awesome :)

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The dance floor was NEVER empty at our wedding in June 2013. My husband and I agree that Michael was probably the best vendor we hired.

Michael was a true professional, easy to talk to, and a phenomenal DJ.

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you want to throw the ultimate dance party, book Michael as your DJ! I've never seen so many people from so many different generations on the dance floor all night long! Michael is a DJ genius - always selecting the right songs for the moment to ensure maximum fun is had by all.

Michael also helped us pick phenomenal music for our ceremony, first dance, cocktail hour and dinner - everything sounded perfect and was so us!

I've heard from countless people how much fun they had on the dance floor and how they loved the music selections. So much so that several of my friends who are planning weddings expressed interest in also using Michael at their weddings! I hope they do so I can dance the night away again!

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
Katie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING!!!! We were referred to Michael by family friends and boy are we glad that we were. Right from the beginning Michael was so easy to work with. We met for an initial consultation and I knew that his style was just perfect for our wedding. I loved that we were able to send a list ahead of time to Michael with all the songs and types of music that we wanted to hear throughout the night.
From the introductions, to the background music at dinner, to the full out dance party, Michael and his assistant Brett really read the crowd and knew exactly what music to play! The dance floor was jam packed from the second the cake was cut to the last song! We were really blown away and EVERYONE keeps telling us what a blast the wedding was and that the music was amazing! We agree 100%!
I would highly recommend Michael and his team to everyone, they truly create a night you'll remember for a lifetime!

• Wedding: 02/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael and Brett were so wonderful to have as a DJ at our wedding. He was professional, gave great suggestions and of course the most important....... kept everyone on the dance floor all night! The dance floor was filled from the minute he announced the dance floor was open till the very last song. Both Brett and Michael looked great and were the calm that my husband and I needed to hear. If you want an affordable DJ who knows how to keep people happy and dancing, MCO Productions is the DJ for you.

• Wedding: 12/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were referred to DJ Michael through our wedding planner. We were looking for a DJ who would be able to create the party atmosphere we were looking for, without being that overbearing DJ who won't stop talking. DJ MIchael was absolutely perfect! He was completely flexible and accommodating when it came to our schedule (we were planning the MA wedding from CA) and was even willing to Skype with us when we first spoke to him. He really put us at ease and we were totally comfortable with him after our first conversation. He was very professional throughout the entire planning process, and made sure he got a good feel for what we liked and didn't like when it came to music, announcements, etc.

DJ Michael brought his assistant, Corey, to help him on the day-of, and they were both so professional and really put as at ease. They took the time to come talk to us before announcements, made sure they had all the pronunciations down, entertained our guests special requests, etc. Most importantly, they really kept the music going so well the entire night that both we and our guests were dancing the whole night and have a great time! There was never a moment where a particular song cleared the dance floor, and I never felt like he was playing a song that didn't fit what we were looking for.

My husband and I would both recommend DJ Michael in a heartbeat!

• Wedding: 11/04/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding was just under 2 weeks ago and I keep thinking about to how much fun we had! Its largely due to Michael and his partner Brett! Michael is amazing!!!!
I sat here looking for some witty statement to say, but its really that simple. He just gets it. I wanted someone who understood what we weren't that into cheesy stuff (aka, line dances, disco and boring jazz etc) and Michael very much did. We like all types of music ,lots of alternative as well, but wanted people dancing all night long. Michael was very knowledgeable about music and had great ideas for us and most importantly, he innately knew what would get people dancing and keep them dancing all night--and that most certainly happened! I had a reception from 430-11:30 and people were on the dance floor all night, non-stop, for that WHOLE time. Unheard of, I know! My husband and I are very laid back but love good music, Michael was a very like minded person and I would highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend him. Thanks Michael, see ya for trivia soon!

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
Meghan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael was so helpful and easy to work with! He promptly answered all of my emails and when the day came he made sure the dance floor was packed all night. We started getting compliments on the music before the reception even ended!

• Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael was our DJ at our wedding three weeks ago. He was AMAZING! Hiring him was truly one of the best decisions we made while planning our wedding because he absolutely made the party.

Prior to the wedding, Michael was so easy to talk to and he listened to everything that we wanted for our wedding. We met with him twice and he captured every detail of what we wanted. He also helped us brainstorm on songs to use throughout the night and made great suggestions.

The day of our wedding, it rained cats and dogs, causing us to move our ceremony to an indoor location. This meant that Michael and Brett (his assistant for the night) had to set up in three locations instead of two - ceremony, cocktail hour, reception. They did this with no complaint and the entire flow of the night was completely seamless even with the separate locations.

During the reception, Michael was amazing. He knows exactly how to keep the night on track without being too overbearing. He is definitely not one of those flashy DJs, but he kept the energy and flow going the whole night. It was perfect. I had several people comment to me during the reception that it was the best music that they had heard at a wedding - and the dancing hadn't even started! Once it was time for everyone to dance, our floor was packed the entire night. We had a great crowd and I knew people would dance but this was more than I expected. Even people who I know don't really like to dance were out on the dance floor the entire night. I have no doubt that this is very much due to the amazing songs Michael and Brett played the entire time.

I really can't say enough about Michael! He was great to work with from beginning to end and I felt like we were in great hands the entire time. He did an absolutely flawless job at our wedding. To top it off, his rates are completely reasonable! I will be recommending him to anyone I know who needs a DJ!

• Wedding: 09/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My sister hired Michael and his assistant Corey for her wedding two years ago, and I loved the music so much I hired him for my own. I had a very short engagement of only five months and planned my wedding from across the country (my fiancee in I lived in Phoenix). It is a daunting enough task to plan a wedding, let alone in a short time, and without being able to meet with people face-to-face. Michael communicated with me via email and answered my questions. I cannot express how easy he was to work with and how I didn't have to worry about anything--it was all taken care of, right down to the very final details. It's so nice knowing that you don't have to worry about any logistics during your wedding day, and I had a wonderful time.
I gave Michael very little to work with in terms of what music we wanted, but told him we wanted all the guests to enjoy themselves and dance. Our guests keep telling us how much fun they had!
I would absolutely hire Michael again and highly recommend him!!!

• Wedding: 09/02/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Michael was the DJ for our wedding in August '12, and he did an absolutely amazing job! He and his assistant, Corey, selected perfect music for dinner all the way through late night dancing, and they went out of their way to help with things like finding my bouquet for the bouquet toss when I had no idea where it was... really above and beyond on all fronts. I couldn't recommend them more highly - Michael is sure to be a fabulous addition to your wedding, as he was to mine!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
617-901-7701
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards