DJ Kahn

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Con did an absolutely fantastic job on our wedding.

Things I liked: He came up to us whenever we were about to start speeches or significant dances to make sure we were ready. He used good judgement in taking requests from guests. He live mixed from one song to another which sounded awesome and kept ppl on the dance floor. We had a packed dance floor all night. He definitely knew what he was doing.

I think he's been doing this for a while and he really knew how to cater to the bride/groom and make the music a main attraction without outwardly drawing attention to himself. We wanted someone who would rock the house but also stay out of the way and that's exactly what we got.

The thing we liked the most about him was that he gave us peace of mind to enjoy our day without having to worry about the music falling apart. I would absolutely hire again.

Services Used: DJ

DJ Kahn is very professional and incredibly talented! The entire wedding was on the dance floor nonstop and everyone was raving about the music. My husband and I met dancing and picking the right DJ was very important to us. We found DJ Kahn through a referral from a friend who had attended a wedding with DJ Kahn and had said she couldn't get off the dance floor he was so good. He was very responsive to our music requests, but also gave honest feedback and helpful suggestions, and did a great job integrating a pretty diverse set of music to appeal to all of the guests. Could not have had a better experience. Thank you DJ Kahn for making our wedding so fun and memorable!

Recently Married

Con was AMAZING. I don't even know where to begin. I should probably mention that I never write reviews. Literally never. There are plenty of places and vendors I like, but the fact that I'm sitting here now actually writing this review says a lot. Con was THAT GOOD. In planning our wedding, we wanted more than anything else to throw a fun party with a packed dance floor so music was definitely key to that. I read through a bunch of wedding wire reviews when I was looking for a DJ and came across 74 events. The reviews were great so I gave them a call. From the start Gary was incredibly helpful. Since we live out of state my now husband and I set up a Skype meeting with Gary and Con and I knew from the start this was the right choice for us. They worked with us to plan exactly the type of party we wanted. From song preferences to the overall flow of the night, there wasn't a single detail they didn't have covered. About an hour into our reception, my cousin (who works in the music industry) came up to me and said this was hands down the best DJ he had ever heard. And it just kept on getting better as the night went on. We couldn't be any happier with our choice of DJ. Give them a call and ask for Con. You won't regret it!!

Suzanne
05/16/2015

Constantine is amazinggg and an ABSOLUTE pleasure to work with for our May 16, 2015 wedding!!!!
A+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Every positive review written about Constantine on this site is right on!! He was wonderful to work with each step of the way for our wedding: during the planning stages, the day of, and even after the event!!

Constantine was undoubtedly the most professional of all of our wedding vendors! He ensured he was on the same page each step of the way by providing crystal clear communication and follow up! He's extremely responsive, honest, kind, prompt, engaging, flexible, artistic, has a wonderful personality, is organized, a good listener, provides excellent suggestions with regard to music and announcements based on his expertise, is extremely attuned to reading the energy of the crowd, etc, etc, etc!!!

We gave Constantine a brief list of must-play and do-not-play songs, as well as genres we like, and he did the rest to make the atmosphere especially amazing, playing songs we and our guests loved all night long!

SO many guests (and other vendors of ours!!!) have asked 'where did you find your DJ??' and 'I NEED the contact info for your DJ!!!' One of our guests with a broken foot danced all night long and was happy to nurse her swollen foot the rest of the weekend, ha!

CONSTANTINE WILL KEEP YOUR GUESTS ROCKIN ON THE DANCE FLOOR ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! I would absolutely work with Constantine again and would recommend him to anyone looking to be blown away with music for their event!

Thank you, Constantine!
All my best,
Suzanne

M
05/16/2015

Most professional vendor of our wedding, what a joy to work with!

Recently Married

We highly recommend Dj Kahn. We can't say enough wonderful things about him. He kept the dance floor rocking the whole night. We just got back from our honeymoon and the complements about the music and the partying keep coming in - all thanks to DJ Kahn. He was punctual and professional from the very beginning of this process until the very end of the wedding night. He coordinated seamlessly with our other vendors and the venue itself throughout the whole night. He's truly a great professional and an awesome DJ!

Jared
05/15/2015

DJ Kahn was great! 74 Events makes the whole process so easy with the worksheet and the meetings. Kahn played a great set of music taking from our suggestions and was not too intrusive with the mic. He made a few announcements but only when necessary. I would absolutely recommend him.

Recently Married

DJ Kahn was fantastic!! He was so friendly and prepared (asked us great questions!) leading up to the wedding. But most importantly, on our wedding day, he did an amazing job! He was perfect as an emcee....pronounced names correctly, introduced things when they were supposed to happen, and said just the right amount without talking too much or being cheesy. And as a DJ he was perfect! He played the right mix of songs throughout the night that kept everyone dancing! My husband and I had so much fun dancing at our wedding and we are so glad we went with DJ Kahn! Would absolutely recommend him to anyone and would hire him again. :)

Recently Married

You were great! The dance floor was packed all night. You played all of the songs I wanted and we have been hearing nothing but compliments since the wedding night about the music. Thank you again. I will recommend you to all my friends in the future.

Recently Married

Before the wedding planner begun, there was big debate between my husband and mother about band vs. DJ. My husband is a HUGE music guru with a broad range music taste, he was not going to budge, only a DJ could play the music he wanted. My mom felt a DJ could not get the party moving like a band could and had doubts about our wedding if we hired a DJ. Well, the groom won this argument. We hired DJ Kahn after interviewing several DJs as we felt he could make both sides happy.

WE DEFINITELY MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE AND DJ KAHN DEFINITELY GOT THE PARTY MOVING. NO ONE GOT OFF THE DANCE FLOOR THE ENTIRE NIGHT, SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW DINNER WAS SERVED! IT WAS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANTED.

PERFECT DJ, PERFECT NIGHT.

Meredith
02/15/2015

When we heard DJ Con play at our friend’s wedding last summer we knew we had to book him for our wedding ceremony/reception. We contacted him and he was approachable and flexible regarding our requests and preferences. His contract is solid and he is genuinely such a nice guy! He has nothing but 5 star reviews wherever you look online - believe it. Hire DJ Con asap. Working with Con was totally stress-free. He was easy going and organized. We made a list of songs we liked, must plays, no plays, special songs (like first dance), etc. and shared it with him online. We discuss the general feel we wanted the night of (no cheezy announcements, no electric slide, etc.). He was also kind enough to loop our processional song so that we had enough time to get down the aisle. We had one more conversation a few days before the wedding and a walkthrough at our venue to double-check the acoustics and equipment needs. Con arrived early, in style, and set up well before guests arrived. Con took what we gave him and ran with it. He played some really amazing mash-ups of high school favorites with current day hits. He was really skilled at reading the crowd and stringing them along from one hit to another. Everyone loved the music and raved about how fun the wedding was. Our guests were completely blown away by his mixes. His timing and delivery really kept the party moving. There were many highlights to the evening but one in particular was when he played Def Leppard’s “Pour Some Sugar on Me” at just the right moment and everyone went nuts! :) He was also very good in making sure of all the name pronunciations for speeches. He was also good as the MC, it was exactly what we wanted. We did not want a loud in your face MC who would force people to do the electric slide or something. He spoke when needed and did a great job. Looking back, our favorite memories of the day were dancing and having a great time with our friends and family. We will totally hire him again!!!

Jessica
11/15/2014

We were married a few weeks ago and had Con DJ our wedding. My best advice is to hire him ASAP. He's absolutely amazing, and all our guests thought so, too. Everything we could have wanted in a wedding DJ and more -- far above and beyond.

As far as style goes, Con was incredibly professional. Not hokey, not doing any unnecessary talking to try to get grandmas out on the dance floor -- he let the music do the work. He mixed the songs together so that the beat literally never stopped all night for us, which was amazing. He kept most songs short, which our guests loved -- rarely did a song play until the end, and it kept everyone's attention and nobody got bored. He also did a fantastic mix of old stuff and new stuff that appealed GREATLY to the multi-generational aspect of a wedding.

I know that at least three of my guests independently, unprompted, went up to Con at some point during the night just to tell him he was doing an amazing job. We got at least a dozen compliments from family and friends on the DJ.

As far as professionalism, he and Gary (and 74 Events in general) were all fantastic. Everything was EXTREMELY professional and they paid amazing attention to detail in a way I didn't expect -- for example, they were concerned with making sure they got the pronunciations of the wedding party members' names correct.

Con showed up to the wedding venue early and gave himself plenty of time on the wedding day, too. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

Recently Married

Con was fantastic! He took the base list of tunes we laid out for him and built a both a seamless ceremony & cocktail hour as well as a rocking dance floor that was completely to our taste. Con's prep was extremely detailed and he was interested in making our whole ceremony and reception go as smoothly as possible.

Recently Married

Hiring Con was one of the best decisions my husband and I made while planning our wedding. From the start he was professional, responsive and flexible. He took the time to get to know us, our first dance, the music we like and really took interest to the songs we wanted to play and somehow put them into the best possible playlist. The only thing we would change would be to get a recording of the music from the night! We are still getting compliments on the music and are so, so happy!
Thank you, Con!

Jeff
10/11/2014

DJ Kahn was absolutely terrific. He has exceptional taste in music and exceptional judgment about when to play what types of music. At certain times we were amazed to hear songs we loved that we hadn't specifically asked him to play. A number of our guests asked us for more information about him, and some hope to get their hands on his playlist for the evening. We also found him quite flexible with some fairly complicated instructions about the processional and recessional. He's very friendly personally, too. We recommend DJ Kahn extremely highly.

Sam
10/10/2014

Con did a fantastic job at our wedding. He was very responsive beforehand, and made sure that we were all on the same page on song selections. He was extremely professional the day of our wedding, and did an excellent job mixing our must-plays with his own recommendations. My wife and I couldn't stay off the dance floor, and our friends and relatives all raved about the music. Definitely the best DJ we've ever encountered.