DJ Kahn

Personalized Music, Mixed by a Professional

NY, NJ, CT
MD, DC, PA,DE
Brooklyn, NY | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were married a few weeks ago and had Con DJ our wedding. My best advice is to hire him ASAP. He's absolutely amazing, and all our guests thought so, too. Everything we could have wanted in a wedding DJ and more -- far above and beyond.

As far as style goes, Con was incredibly professional. Not hokey, not doing any unnecessary talking to try to get grandmas out on the dance floor -- he let the music do the work. He mixed the songs together so that the beat literally never stopped all night for us, which was amazing. He kept most songs short, which our guests loved -- rarely did a song play until the end, and it kept everyone's attention and nobody got bored. He also did a fantastic mix of old stuff and new stuff that appealed GREATLY to the multi-generational aspect of a wedding.

I know that at least three of my guests independently, unprompted, went up to Con at some point during the night just to tell him he was doing an amazing job. We got at least a dozen compliments from family and friends on the DJ.

As far as professionalism, he and Gary (and 74 Events in general) were all fantastic. Everything was EXTREMELY professional and they paid amazing attention to detail in a way I didn't expect -- for example, they were concerned with making sure they got the pronunciations of the wedding party members' names correct.

Con showed up to the wedding venue early and gave himself plenty of time on the wedding day, too. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
Jessica
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Con was fantastic! He took the base list of tunes we laid out for him and built a both a seamless ceremony & cocktail hour as well as a rocking dance floor that was completely to our taste. Con's prep was extremely detailed and he was interested in making our whole ceremony and reception go as smoothly as possible.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Hiring Con was one of the best decisions my husband and I made while planning our wedding. From the start he was professional, responsive and flexible. He took the time to get to know us, our first dance, the music we like and really took interest to the songs we wanted to play and somehow put them into the best possible playlist. The only thing we would change would be to get a recording of the music from the night! We are still getting compliments on the music and are so, so happy!
Thank you, Con!

• Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Kahn was absolutely terrific. He has exceptional taste in music and exceptional judgment about when to play what types of music. At certain times we were amazed to hear songs we loved that we hadn't specifically asked him to play. A number of our guests asked us for more information about him, and some hope to get their hands on his playlist for the evening. We also found him quite flexible with some fairly complicated instructions about the processional and recessional. He's very friendly personally, too. We recommend DJ Kahn extremely highly.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Jeff
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Con did a fantastic job at our wedding. He was very responsive beforehand, and made sure that we were all on the same page on song selections. He was extremely professional the day of our wedding, and did an excellent job mixing our must-plays with his own recommendations. My wife and I couldn't stay off the dance floor, and our friends and relatives all raved about the music. Definitely the best DJ we've ever encountered.

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
Sam
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired DJ Kahn for our wedding and he was awesome. He followed our every request and was extremely professional and responsive throughout the the whole process. The day of the event he played for roughly seven hours including the cocktail hour, dinner, and after dinner dancing. He was great at creating the perfect atmosphere for each segment of the night. Through the cocktail hour and dinner the music was upbeat, but allowed for conversation which was exactly what we requested. I can't say enough about how good he was during the after dinner dancing. Everyone at the wedding danced for 4 hours straight. His song selection was perfect and all of our guest had a great time. I highly recommend selecting DJ Kahn for any event where you need a great DJ.

• Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Kahn exceeded all of our expectations and kept the dance floor filled for the entire wedding reception. He did an incredible job of playing all of our favorite songs while also feeling out the crowd to play the right songs at the right time, to keep the party moving. We are extremely happy with the way the night turned out and we owe DJ Kahn a huge thank you for creating such a fun and energetic atmosphere. We told DJ Kahn that we wanted to avoid a lot of the typical wedding cliche's, and I think the best compliment we could give him is that at no point did we feel like we were at a standard wedding - instead, it really felt like we had a top club dj spinning music. He did a great job announcing the wedding party entrance, first dance, speeches, father/bride dance and mother/groom dance, but outside of that, he let the music do the talking. We would without a doubt recommend DJ Kahn to anyone looking to have a really fun wedding.

David & Karen

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
David
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have to say our party was a huge blast and it was the most fun in large part to DJ Kahn. Such a great mix of music and most of the crowd was on the dance floor for the whole night. We had an amazing time and constantly had people come up to us to tell us how great con was and how great our party was. It was all because of con! Completely nailed it and was the perfect DJ for our night. Thank you so much again.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We didn't want the stereotypical wedding DJ who would be on the mic announcing things and talking all night. When we found DJ Kahn, we knew we had found what we were looking for! He helped make our reception a real event, where everyone felt like they wanted to spend all night on the dance floor. He seemed to know exactly how to read the room and kept the party going all night, taking our suggested playlist and mixing in other songs that really filled everything out. I've never been at a wedding where SO MANY people were commenting on how awesome the DJ was!

• Wedding: 09/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Kahn (Con) was spectacular! When you're employing someone to run the show - play the BEST music and MC your wedding - you're looking for someone you can have confidence in, someone you can defer to on big decisions, and someone who's able to help you anticipate issues and generally smooth out the process of planning the event that is your wedding. Con went above and beyond in all of these areas. His professional judgement and attention to details helped ensure that the whole event ran perfectly. All night long our guests kept telling us how awesome the DJ and music were. He totally nailed the really tricky pronunciation of our last name! Con was flexible, professional, and kept the party going all night. We could TOTALLY recommend DJ Kahn to couples looking to throw an awesome party.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Amelia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Kahn went beyond our already high expectations for our wedding. All of our guests loved the ambiance that he created through the music. I'd recommend him for any event based on his professionalism and ability to read his audience and play what keeps them dancing.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
Ian
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Kahn kept everyone on the dance floor ALL night long! Literally ALL night! I am so happy we went with him for our wedding. He seamlessly transitioned songs based on the crowd vibe. He was professional and relatable at our meetings, and at the event. I knew there was nothing to worry about. When my family wanted songs switched late in the game, DJ Kahn accommodated and emailed me back the same day. He even helped my husband coordinate a surprise band performance for me!

• Wedding: 07/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

DJ Khan was perfect! He has a great sensibility with music and the audience. All our guests loved his transitions and he was super flexible in accommodating our song requests. He kept our group dancing all night long and made the evening a roaring success.

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Ben
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiance and I met DJ Kahn at a friend's wedding last year and not only loved the music he played but also the unobtrusive way he emcee'd the whole reception. He went above and beyond at our wedding this July. For starters he made sure we got him our playlists well in advance and he followed up a lot knowing e would be in wedding hell and delinquent on music choices. He DJ'd the whole night seamlessly from cocktail hour to reception. More than a few people (people who go to a lot of weddings) told us it was the best wedding dance party they had been to. All of that is thanks to DJ Kahn. You need to make sure you hire a DJ who gives you the best version of the reception you want: that is DJ Kahn. Accept no substitutions.

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
John
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Constantine totally made my wedding! I have never been to a wedding before where the dance floor was so packed. The music was great and all the guests were commenting on it. He was great to work with (listened to all the songs I wanted played and didn't want played!) and I would recommend him highly to anyone who is looking for an epic dance party.

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
Annamarie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wife and I could not have asked for a better DJ. DJ Kahn was very professional, responsive and, most importantly, 100% attentive to what we wanted for our wedding. His process of shaping the sound of a wedding is perfect – crafting a “Do Not Play” list was just as important to us as highlighting our favorite songs or artists. He also helped us shape the pacing of the night, allowing us to strategically position events to maximize time on the dance floor. Our goal was to incorporate numerous dance sessions of varying lengths throughout the night rather than “start the dancing” after a specific course or speech. DJ Kahn did more than deliver - our dance floor was full of guests of all ages (approximately 8 - 91) from start to finish. DJ Khan managed to seamlessly incorporate hip hop, pop classics, modern pop, oldies, traditional Greek music, 50s-era jazz standards, Irish ballads and some of our more obscure personal favorites throughout the night. His timing and music choices made our wedding feel like a huge dance party from beginning to end!

We highly, HIGHLY recommend DJ Kahn for your wedding!!!

• Wedding: 06/20/2014
Matthew
347-247-9904
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards