DJ JeffreyScott

DJ JeffreyScott

Favorite
Schenectady, NY
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

So-I am not the normal bride-I am in my 50's and I wanted my 2nd marriage to start out with great celebration as this will be the last time that I do this! Every event no matter what the occasion needs a few elements to make it "successful". In my experience, those are a good venue, great food, guests that participate and good music. No kidding! DJ Jeffrey Scott brought those elements to a WHOLE new level! We did discuss the music at length and he was very attentive to our interests. He was extremely helpful in getting the day organized as I was previously married 30 years ago in the south and the process had changed significantly. In the end, outside of the music related to the service, we turned the entire program over to him-WHAT a smart thing that was! He was spot on; keeping the wedding process (i.e. toasts, introductions, etc.) moving along. His profound understanding of timing and delivery must be as a result of his years of experience as a DJ but also as a thespian. He didn't miss a beat! He quickly and effectively read our guests (the audience, per se) and our vibe; thus the music was non-stop hits that kept the dance floor full for the entire time. (Oh, did I say, this was a day wedding, under two tent with a service outdoors on a lake?) His music systems were great quality and the sound for both the ceremony, the announcements and ultimately the dance music were great quality; no one missed a single word or note! I saw people dancing that I had never seen dance before as singles and as couples. I heard from my guests that they were moved by the ceremony, and exhausted from the day of dancing and celebration! Sore feet and legs were a very small price to pay for such an exhilarating experience! The man is simply amazing! And so,our wedding was amazing! We have begun our new life together and we are still riding the wave of celebration! Thank you, Jeff..you were just the magic touch to make our day go from wonderful to FABULOUS!

Services Used: DJ, Entertainer, Wedding Planning
Terri
09/26/2014

DJ Jeffrey Scott is an absolute pleasure to work with. Jeffrey is very professional and provides an excellent quality of service. He does a great job of keeping the guests entertained and out on the dance floor. I would highly recommend him for special events....

Kristen
09/20/2014

Great to work with! Guides you I'm the right direction. Also, lots of excitement, entertainment, and energy :)

Services Used: DJ

Jeffrey. was. great. Seriously, a DJ can definitely make or break the atmosphere of your wedding, and Jeffrey did a fantastic job at our recent wedding. Our dance floor was packed all night, and everything flowed very naturally. He did a few custom edits for me for ceremony music and entrance songs and it was perfect. And talk about responsive...I would send an email and receive an email or phone call back within 15 minutes. Even when the man was on vacation (crazy). Thank you SO much Jeffrey! What an awesome night.

Brian
08/15/2014

Jeff went above and beyond what a dj should. He actually saved part of our wedding.

Services Used: DJ

Jeffrey was amazing! From the second he stepped into our venue he was nothing but professional and totally on top of it. He made us and our whole bridal party pumped up to get the party started for the reception and he was very organized. He played all the songs we requested previously to the wedding as well as took requests from guests throughout the night. After the wedding several guests came up to me and told me that the DJ was awesome because he kept the guests going ans played a perfect mix of music for both the young and the old. I would recommend him to everyone!!!

lynn13
07/19/2014

Jeffrey was absolutely fantastic!!!! He was extremely responsive since our first inquiry and made every effort to make you feel completely at ease from the music selection process through playing the last song of the evening. The immense energy from start to finish provided constant excitement and our guests entertained! We highly recommend Jeffrey Scott Entertainment and could never imagine using anyone else's services. We hope he's the one providing services at all the future weddings we attend! Our guests are still raving how amazing his excellence in music choice was and how he kept the party rocking all night!!!!

1+ year ago
0.0

He didn't show up for my wedding. I even confronted him 4 days prior when I was told by my caterer that he was double booked. Jeffrey responded that the caterer (very well known and respected in the area for their numerous restaurants) was wrong. In the end, they were completely right. Do not book him!!!!!! He is a scam.

DJ JeffreyScott responded with the following comments:

Dear Emily,
As I previously conversed with you, I am very sorry, embarrassed, and heartbroken for the circumstances surrounding your wedding. August of 2013 was a very difficult time for myself, and for my business and sadly you had to be a part of it. I did the best I could do surrounding the circumstances and per contract provided you another A List DJ here in the area who was prepared for your event with my materials, and I did fully compensate you as well. I always try to take ownership for my mistakes, and since the waters I was swimming in at the time were un-chartered, I wish communication was more effective and the entire situation was handled differently by me. I wish you nothing but happiness in the future.

Laura
05/24/2014

Jeffrey Scott was great to work with and made our day special. He helped run the show and was able to accommodate last minute changes due to weather. He had all of our wedding guests up dancing the entire night. Everyone kept raving about him and the wedding for weeks after! We would highly recommend him to everyone, and look forward to using his services in the future!

Kerri
04/12/2014

Cannot say enough good things about Jeffrey Scott. From the first meeting we had with him to the day of our wedding - Jeffrey put all of our concerns at ease and demonstrated both professionalism and dedication to making our wedding day the best. Leading up to the wedding and being an anxious bride, having a conversation with him in regards to his opinion on our first dance song choice is a convo I will never forget. He is by far the best DJ and all around great guy to work with. I still have ppl coming up to me telling me that our wedding was the best they've ever been to. PS - the finale rocked. Jeff, we miss you!

Services Used: DJ

Jeffrey Scott did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the Gideon Putnam in Saratoga Springs.

Jeff arrived with plenty of time to set up for the reception, and queued up our requests for our processional and recessional perfectly (our recessional even required a custom edit!)

The cocktail hour music was understated and well suited for the vibe, nothing better could have been done here.

For the reception we teed off with special requests for introductions and then transitioned into our intros and first dance. Everything went great and was hilariously fun.

Would I recommend Jeffrey Scott? Absolutely.

Not sure what the earlier reviews are going on about, but I can assure you they really miss the mark.

Services Used: DJ

Jeffrey is the BEST!! My husband and I had no idea what we were doing at all and he helped us through the whole process and made sure everything was ready for the wedding day. The day of he did and awesome job at keeping the party going. He made sure to keep the party going and played into the crowd. We couldn't have asked for anything better. He really made the wedding.

2+ years ago
0.0

Can't give rating because he didn't show. If it was possible to give no or negative stars I would. The day before our wedding, we received an email from Jeffrey explaining to us that he had "come down with strep throat" and would be bringing an assistant along-- the idea being that the assistant could make announcements while Jeffrey played the music. Five minutes before our cocktail hour began, we were introduced to the assistant, but Jeffrey was nowhere to be found. Also MIA was the high-quality Bose sound system we were promised and paid for. In Jeffrey's place: a DJ who had no clue what we wanted for our wedding, despite us having spent the last 8 months discussing in detail with Jeffrey. In the sound system's place: Two PA speakers and a laptop.

The assistant completely messed up the order of dances, the announcements to be made, and loads of other things. He played our top 15 songs nearly back to back at the BEGINNING of the night, which we obviously would have rather heard throughout the night-- you know, basic DJ stuff. A 7th grader with an iPod could have pulled it off better.

Now on to the post-wedding nightmare... We brought up these issues to Jeffrey, who offered us a PARTIAL refund. Have we seen it? Nope. The "first check" (in " " because it never existed) got "lost in the mail". Jeffrey claimed his bank was "charging him a fee" to look into the matter (no bank, ever) and finally, after more prodding, the check was cancelled and another sent in its place. Well, it's been nearly a month and we haven't received that check, either. We probably never will.

This guy is a lying, pathetic excuse for a professional DJ. He treats his customers like a joke. He doesn't show up to events he is booked for. He makes excuses for everything. Take your business and money elsewhere.

Services Used: DJ

Jeffrey was a true professional. He was willing to work with us to create a perfect event. He was open to the style of music we were interested in and also helped guide us on how to create a fluid, fun, and entertaining wedding.

0.1

I am not normally blindsided by much, but this one took me by surprise. I spoke and texted Jeff the night before my wedding asking him what type of meal he wanted (chicken or beef) and he told me. He never showed up to my wedding. I found out minitues before going into my ceremony. The DJ he sent, (Who didn't have all of my edits with him) said that Jeffrey was never planning on attending my wedding. Jeffrey said that he had something come up last minute. Turns out I found out where he was, and which wedding he was working, and he was contracted to this person for 8 months prior. Be VERY careful, and read your contract thouroughly if booking him, and make edits. He gave me some speech where he apparently hasn't missed an event in 9 years. Doubtful. When confronting him, he said- he wasn't exactly sure how to handle the situation. He said he wasn't sure if he should have told me before the wedding or after the wedding that he wasn't going to make it! Seriously???? Once we bardered for a full refund, it miraculously got lost in the mail. We had to go back and forth with him for several weeks after the event through email (as I live out of state) to get the refund. When I finally did- he shorted us the money by $50.00. Wow. Since then, he has even promised us the remaining balance but we have yet to see that. Save yourself for having to deal with the worst possibly situation, and book with someone else. This guy is going to put himself out of business. It now makes sense that back when I was originally booking him, he had another wedding on the same day- so he wasnt originally available. He called me about a month later saying that he had a "cancellation." Who knows? I probably was the reason he didn't show up to someone else's big day. If he did it to me, he will do it to you. Also, ask the vendors that you are using for other things. Word has it- he has been taken off several preferred vendor lists.

DJ JeffreyScott responded with the following comments:

Erica and Dale,
As I previously conveyed to you, I am very sorry, embarrassed and devastated that I could not attend your wedding. 2013 provided some terrible challenges for me that cause me not to be as focused on business as I should have been. I wish I had handled communication differently, and in retrospect I know that now. Under the circumstances, I did provide you with another DJ from the area who was prepared I know executed to the best of his skilled abilities (I noticed that you gave him a 5-Star Review Here) which I am sure he truly deserved. I take ownership for my mistakes and cannot apologize enough for any stress that was caused over the situation. I wish you nothing but the best in the future.

Services Used: DJ

Jeffrey went above and beyond to exceed all of our expectations, and he did so in SUCH a warm, professional, and seamless manner. We can not thank him enough for providing us with the perfect wedding night. Guests were on the dance floor all night long, and he succeeded in making sure everyone was happy. He tackled everything so flawlessly: ceremony music outside, the cocktail hour on the patio, the introductions, toasts, cake cutting, and the party itself. I had a dream wedding thanks to our awesome team, and Jeffrey was a core contribution to it. 10 stars ;)