A DISH IN A DASH CATERING COMPANY
Exceptional Wedding Catering and Cakes!!
11940 Alpharetta Hwy.

Flexibility:
 (4.5/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
When I was researching catering options, I had narrowed it down to two companies. It was just about the taste tests at that point. The other company tasted delicious, but ADIAD had something unique to their food. I mean, I don't like red meat, but the London Broil was amazing. Don't even get me started on the Honey Pecan Chicken (I know I butcher the name of it every time). It was TO DIE FOR. Everything was delicious, actually. Photography and catering were the two things that everyone kept talking about at my wedding. Whenever I went to say hi to people it was either something about the steak, the chicken, the hor d'oeuvres, or the cupcakes.

Which, by the way, we got our wedding cupcakes from her. We wanted people to have options instead of just a standard cake. We went with a carrot cupcake, a red velvet cupcake, a Hershey's chocolate cupcake, and a vanilla cupcake -- each very unique. I'm picky about icings, and ADIAD did an excellent job. Just all around. Quality of the food and her helpfulness and willingness to meet with my mom and I more than once to get everything down (ADIAD also can do linens).

Great caterer!
Wedding: 06/16/2012
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Wonderful food! Very friendly staff! Very knowledgable and helpful and even had some DJ recommendations for us. I would highly recommend A Dish in a Dash for any event!
Wedding: 10/30/2011
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
The food was excellent and barbara was very willing to negotiate. The servers were very friendly. Presentation was beautiful.
Wedding: 09/17/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
A Dish and A Dash is a company that knows what they are doing. The owner and her staff are very professional and friendly. The food was awesome. My guest are still talking about it! Thanks so much for making my dream wedding a success!!!
Wedding: 09/02/2011

Susan O'Brien 2 Reviews
Barbara Katz provided amazing service throughout the entire process of planning my wedding. She was very flexible for all tastings, gave great advice, and most importantly provided wonderful food. The food on the day of my wedding was even better than any of the taste tests. Everyone is still raving about it! Additionally, all of the food and dessert displays were beautiful! I would recommend A Dish In A Dash to any bride!
Wedding: 07/30/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Barbara Katz provided fantastic catering services for my daughter's July 9th, 2011 wedding at 501 Trackside in Lawrenceville, GA. The food was fantastic and the supplies we rented from her were of top quality. Service was professional and we received many compliments from our guests. As Lindsay and I were planning this wedding from 3,000 miles away, we found Barbara to be extremely flexible in the planning process. Most of the decisions were made on line or over the phone and when we were finally able to meet in person with Barbara just 6 short weeks before our event, we found her to be prepared and eager to work with us. We would whole heartedly recommend A Dish in a Dash.
Wedding: 07/09/2011

Private User 1 Reviews
The owner, Barbara Katz, was wonderful to work with. She was professional, helpful and always responded quickly to any email or phone call (which is always much appreciated when you're stressed!) Her team on the day of our wedding were courteous and on top of their game. They even went out of their way to find the wedding party and families that were being held up by our photographer to take pictures during cocktail hour to offer them hors d'Ĺ“uvres. The food was fabulous and my wedding cake looked incredible. I would highly recommend A Dish in a Dash!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
A dish in a dash catering was very professional. Barbara (the owner) made the whole experience seamless, we had a tight time line in which to plan our event and she made it easy for us. I absolutely felt that she accommodated our schedules doing tastings later in the evening and helping to guide us through the decision making process. Our guests all commented on the quality and taste of the food and well as the professionalism of the service staff. I would highly recommend a dish in a dash for your next event.
Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
A Dish in a Dash was amazing. We recevied endless compliments regarding the food and the staff. They made our wedding rehearsal dinner enjoyable and headache free. I would definitely use them again. My kitchen was clean and spotless after they left, and they needed no directions. They literally handled everything. Great catering company!
Wedding: 05/07/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Ilene with Dish in a Dash was amazing!!! She was so helpful and sweet and really listened to all my catering needs. She kept checking with me to make sure everything was going wonderfully with my wedding plans, and tried to keep me from freaking out too much.

She offered different suggestions, menus, etc. She was able to get us a great menu for not too much money. And the portions were huge!!! We had an afternoon wedding so we just offered mostly fruit and appetizers. Our menu was: fresh fruit with two dippies, brie with peach chutney, assorted quiches, and assorted sandwhiches. The displays were beautiful! The only problem was that the chocolate sauce for the fruit was burned by having the fondu pot on too high without a proper cover, so we had to throw out the chocolate sauce, and the fondu pot itself.

Everyone went on and on about how beautiful and yummy the food was!!! We left the plethora of left overs (because the portions were so big we ended up having a lot left) in the fridge for the college students to munch on! I didn't want anything to go to waste. :)
A DISH IN A DASH CATERING COMPANY responded with the following comments:
Please note that his was not a full service event - food was delivered and set up for customer at her venue. The crock pot was provided by the customer and was not equipped with the proper burner to serve the chocolate fondue. So sorry that this was a problem. . . .
Wedding: 08/16/2008
1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
I was really happy with the the catering company until about a month before the event. They called me and basically said they didn't meet the alcohol insurance requirements for the event location after we had been at the location prior and they said that the insurance was covered. It was a specific question asked by my mother-in-law to which she acted like she had been slapped in the face when she asked her. Their only solution to that problem was the WE should pay for the insurance for the night or we could lose our deposit ($1500). What do you do a month away from your wedding but pay it???? Nice way to nickel and dime someone too death if you ask me... which is exactly what they did. We set a budget with them and in the end came out spending $3000 on top of the budget.
A DISH IN A DASH CATERING COMPANY responded with the following comments:
Unfortunately I am not real sure who this client is - maybe this was posted in error on our page. We have the standard required $1M general liability insurance in addition to insurance for pouring alcohol. Our insiurance has been widely accepted at all venues in the Atlanta area.
Wedding: 08/18/2007
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was so happy with choosing A Dish in a Dash. Both Jennifer and Barbara are wonderful to work with and the food was awesome! Everyone at the wedding was talking about how great it was!!
Wedding: 06/09/2007
 770-664-1064
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire