Diamond Nexus

• Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
My fiancee purchased a beautiful ring from DN... after 2 weeks of wearing the ring I developed a horrible rash on my finger. I called and was advised it was probably because I was not drying under the ring properly and water and germs were getting trapped. After several months of this issue it is not any better and I cannot wear my ring. DN provided no type of resolution to try and help with my situation. Their solution was to purchase a higher quality metal! All I want it to be able to wear my ring with no issues.......
Crystal-
We are so sorry to hear that you had, what seems to be, an allergic reaction to the metal. We don't know your order or what type of metal that you currently have, but suspect that it's white gold. It could be a reaction to either the rhodium plating or the gold itself. This is actually fairly common and many people don't realize it until they have a piece that they wear everyday-like an engagement ring. We sincerely apologize that you don't feel fully taken care of and look forward to working with you to find a resolution. Our Customer Service Coordinator Michelle has been briefed on your ring issues and looks forward to hearing from you. She can be reached at michelle.edwards@diamondnexus.com
Wedding: 06/21/2014
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
My name is Travis, 31, from indiana. My girlfriend and I have been looking at rings for awhile (5 months ugh..) and trying to find a ring that is both beautiful and financially responsible. Some of you are probably laughing as you know its nearly impossible!

After alot, I mean alot, of frustration my girlfriend out of the blue brought up lab created diamonds. I had never heard of them and was skeptical. beyond skeptical. We talked about it, did some research, saw some bad reviews of diamond nexus, saw some good reviews of diamond nexus and in the end we decided to drive to the diamond nexus store located in Chicago to take a look at them in person and judge for ourselves.

I've been visiting jewelry stores for 5 months, with and without, my girlfriend and probably have held somewhere around 2000 rings in my hand. I was pretty sure I could tell a quality difference in the stone and also the ring itself.....I couldn't. I thought if I breathed hot air on the diamond nexus stone it would fog up like a CZ.....it didn't. I thought the mined diamond ring we borrowed from a family member to compare to the diamond nexus would blow the diamond nexus away......it didn't....actually looked idendtical and on top of that the platinum band on the family members band looked cheap compared to the diamond nexus white gold band. We left the store in shock and walked directly over to "big time" jewelry store that startes with a Z and rhymes with whales:) and started trying on diamond rings. Bottom line the diamond nexus was better. Why? Quality was just as good, stone just as shiny, and had fewer imperfections which I immediately noticed in the Z store (rhymes with whales) and the price value doesn't even compare.

Hopefully this helps other couples out there. I am an average guy working a 9-5 job who just wants his future wife to have a nice ring. I just wanted to share my real life comparison test.
Thanks, Travis

Wedding: 06/13/2014
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0

Private User 2 Reviews
Great place I love my ring I'm so glad we went with them they're awesome
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I absolutely love my engagement and wedding rings from Nexus. They sprakle like the real thing and are so reasonably priced. I felt so good about spending money with them on such an important part of our day.
Wedding: 06/07/2014
0.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Diamond Nexus in Mayfair mall sold me a fake 1carrot ring after they told me it was real. Lucero Orozco explained to me it was real and even allowed me to have it appraised thru Diamond Nexus. I paid 986.00 for a ring that I js had reappraised this morning and it's worth only 100.00. The diamond is 15.00, I'm looking for a lawyer now. Can't talk to the people at Diamond Nexus the service is trashy. Good thing for me is My brothers recorded me buying the engagement ring. O yea, not to mention the fact that there is no AIG which they claim is on the ring.
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hi Nicholas, My name is Cassie Weger and I am the Public Relations Coordinator at Diamond Nexus. I want to personally apologize about any miscommunication or misunderstanding at the time of purchase. We do not sell nor do we call our stones mined diamonds as they are diamond simulants. However, we do guarantee that you did purchase a high quality ring. Please feel free to email me personally at Cassie.weger@diamondnexus.com. I hope that we can resolve this issue and make your experience at Diamond Nexus a positive one! Best wishes on your upcoming nuptials, Cassie Weger.
Wedding: 05/26/2014
0.9/5.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Hi, I am the bride to be and the issues I've had with this ring has brought me to tears from both embarrassment and being extremely dissatisfied. As I type up this review my ring is making an obnoxious rattling noise because the main diamond is loose, again!

My fiance proposed to me this past Oct 2012 and I was so excited. At first glance the ring was beautiful. Within about 30 minutes I noticed the mil work on the sides of the ring was very poor.

When we got back from our week long trip my fiance called customer service but they said since it had been over 30 days since he originally purchased it he could not get his money back nor get a brand new one. All they could do is fix it at no cost. No cost being a lie since you have to pay for shipping. This was extremely embarrassing since I was newly engaged and our friends and family wondered where the ring was. It took 2 WEEKS from the time we sent it out to the time we got it back. I told people that i had to get it resized when they asked where my ring was.

When we received the ring back from DN I noticed that they tried to fix the mil work on the side but the quality was ok, still looked like an amateur jeweler worked on it. Literally within the next day the main diamond started to become loose again and rattle. Wow, was I upset. I talked to a customer representative and they said they can't do anything about it except return it back to them to get it fixed once more. I asked how can I expect DN to fix it when they didn't the first time? I can't keep returning it over and over again.

We had an engagement party after we received it from getting repaired so I could not send it back. Now with the holidays I can't
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hello, My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I would like to offer my assistance. Please email me at your earliest convenience at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com. with your name and the order number so that I can look into this for you. I understand that your engagement ring needs to be perfect and I want to help assure that the ring is repaired or remade, depending on what the issues are, so that your faith in Diamond Nexus is restored and you have a beautiful ring back on your hand and ready to show off every day. I would want the same from my engagement ring, which I actually own from our company. So you are in company by working with me. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5

Anonymous 1 Reviews
My fiance was skeptical when I showed him Diamond Nexus. We live on the west coast and there are no stores here to visit. I have two pairs of stud earrings from DN and absolutely love them!! I wanted a diamond that I KNEW was conflict free. Luckily, he followed my lead and did some research of his own on DN. My ring is absolutely beautiful!!! I compared it to my grandma's $16,000 2 carat stone and you can't tell the difference. Needless to say my grandma was also shocked. The quality of the ring is great. It feels very sturdy and is great quality. My fiance also said that the customer service was great. He had purchased one ring that when he received it he didn't like it as much as he had online. He exchanged it without a problem. He surprised me with a beautiful ring and a beautiful proposal in the middle of the airport. Thank you Diamond Nexus for my amazing ring!!!!!
0.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
We ordered a ring from Diamond nexus and within 2 months one of the stones had fallen out. They say they will replace the stone for a nominal fee, but you will have to pay $35 for the remount, and $20 to ship it. I have owned lots of jewelry in my life and have NEVER had a stone fall out. I read reviews where others have run into this same problem. We where going to buy both of our wedding bands from them but after this experience I will never give them anymore of my money. We are going to purchase a ring from a real jeweler who takes pride and responsibility for their product.
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Dear Pamela, My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I wanted to reach out to you about your recent ring repair issues and the frustrations that you have dealt with. We do have a policy in place that completely covers all ring repairs within the first 30 days of owning the jewelry. Outside of that time frame, we do replace missing stones for a nominal fee. This is something that is common across the jewelry industry, as regular wear of rings and unforeseen occurrences and ring damage can occur with wear, depending on how jewelry is worn and what it might be exposed to. We strive to keep these fees quite low, to only offset our costs, not to make money off of our customers. Any jewelry, no matter where it has been purchased from, can loose stones, depending on the ring style and how it is worn. I am happy to look into your account history for you and assist you in getting your ring repaired. We value your business and want to restore your faith in Diamond Nexus and make sure that you have a beautiful ring on your finger that you can wear proudly. Please email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com with your order number and name on the account and I promise to do everything in my power to guarantee your ring is repaired for you quickly and back in your possession as soon as possible. I look forward to working with you soon~ Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
Wedding: 03/06/2014
0.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I dropped my engagement ring and soon to be wedding band off at the store to be re-sized on the 20th. I called on the 26th to check in on my ring they say everything is fine its being re-sized as scheduled and it will be back within the 7 to 14 days as stated. So day 14 rolls around I call and ask about my ring. The sales person tells me he needs to call corporate and will call me back. then finally my fiancee, has to call him back after we wait for a call for an hour with no word. The sales rep says that its actually 10-14 business days and promises my ring will be back on the 9th of April but they give me a loaner ring for the time being since I have my engagement pictures scheduled.The 9th comes still no ring we again call the store. They now say its 7-14 business days after the jeweler gets it. My fiancee goes and gets my ring today at the Diamond Nexus in Schaumburg , IL at Woodfeild mall.He comes home hands me the ring with new AIG certification papers and a new receipt...weird that the ring came with new papers.So i read my old papers and compare them to my new papers. Its not my ring. I know this because i can see what looks to me like they ordered a new one of my ring on the 26th the first time i called! and the AIG certifications are different. We have contacted corporate and their statement was that the company often will order new rings instead of re-sizing a ring if the jeweler feels its needed as to not diminish the value of the ring. I was never told this. I see this no where in my paper work. i wasn't told this one the day i dropped it off or any of the 3 days i called! The rings may be the same design and of the same monetary value but the sentimental value of my original ring is gone! This is not the ring my fiancee proposed with and I was never asked if it was okay to take my property "because I owned that first ring" and replace it with a new one. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. Had they of told the truth I would have understood. I feel lied to.
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hi Samantha, My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator here for Diamond Nexus. I can see that you are quite frustrated with the issues surrounding your ring and band sizing and I want to help out if I can. First, I contacted the store to inquire more about the situation. I understand that the ring and band needed to be sized and that the sizing needed to be a whole size, which in most cases except simple solitaires means that we do need to remake the rings or they can be compromised and have stone issues later. I apologize if a salesperson had failed to mention that to you before sending it off, but as you had just gotten the ring and we do offer free sizing within the first 30 days, this is also something that many customers take advantage of prior to their weddings. The shipping timeframe from the store to our corporate headquarters can be a bit confusing and I know I would not want to be without my ring that long either but as we did have to check the ring in and then remake it, and ship it back to the store, that is why the timeframe was delayed. We would never intentionally hold back truth from customers and I feel awful that you think that we lied and cheated you, when in truth we simply put into motion the policy of returning and reordering a ring in the size that you needed. I think that I would blame this on miscommunication and I do hope that you can forgive us. I just want to reassure you if I can that we never hold back information on if rings need to be remade. It is simply something that happens often in cases of large sizing differences. Please contact us at your convenience as we would love to speak with you more. I understand where you are coming from and would
like to restore your faith in Diamond Nexus. Sincerely, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus
Wedding: 03/01/2014
2.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I got my ring this weekend, and not only is the stone/setting totally uneven there is a visible crack in the band. This is my engagement ring, and I am was so sad, when I saw the flaws I had to go in the other room so my fiancé wouldn't see me upset. We did research for this ring for months, and was super scared to get it online but was promised that DNL would take care of us by the sales person….it took much longer to get the ring, and it looks horrible…I can't wear it, or show it to anyone. I am sending it back today, and asking the company to please remake the ring in a different metal. Hopefully they will have their best jeweler work on my setting to ensure the stones, sparkle, are secure, and the band/setting is perfect….I also hope it doesn't take 20 days to get it again…..Im still slightly hopeful.
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hello, My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I want to reach out to you to extend our apologies for the issues that you had with your new engagement ring. Based on the description that you are mentioning, you want to try a different metal which would tell me that you had not ordered a gold ring but possibly one from our Fashion Line, Lorian Platinum collection? Having an actual crack in the band would not be something I had ever seen before with a ring, but we absolutely will guarantee our workmanship and exchange this for something else for you. I would like you to email me here at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com and let me know more about your order if you wouldn't mind. I want to check into everything for you and make sure that you are receiving the best possible customer service so that your new engagement ring brings a smile to your face and restores your faith in Diamond Nexus. I look forward to speaking with you soon. All the best, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
Wedding: 02/01/2014
1.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  0.5
I had a horrible experience with diamond nexus. This is not just a vent, i have recorded conversations to support the same.

I found a ring on there web cite, called and placed a partial payment to secure the same. I called back to make another payment, only to learn that my order was not correct. I was also told that the ring I actually wanted did not exist on their cite. I was eventually able to screen shot the ring and show them the ring. After many long discussions, they eventually agreed to sell me the ring.

I subsequently paid the balance and was assured that I would get the ring in two weeks or so. I then opted to pay for expedited shipping. A couple days later, I called back and was informed that it would be 3 to 4 weeks later until i received my purchase. I was also told that they had to change my actual order. I might add that this was done without anyone contacting me.

I was promised that they because of the time of the day, they would call me back tomorrow at noon. I never received a call; so, I called them and was informed that they would call me back but didn't know when. I asked to speak to a manager, but was told i couldn't because all managers were in a meeting.

I became so upset, I requested a refund, but was told that I had to speak with a manager. I lodged my objection, and was placed on hold. Then the clerk got back on the phone and informed me that she just received a text from her manager who agreed to refund my money,

I call back this morning to check the status of my refund, and I was greeted with a "Hello". I said excuse me is this Diamond Nexus? She said yes Mr. Anderson, what do you need? Then she said it would be about 10 days until I got my refund.

I made so many plans based on there assurances. They do not care about you after they receive your money. Their products look nice on the Web but their customer service is horrible despite their assertion that they have the best customer service in the business.
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hello, I am Jennifer London, the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I want to apologize for the frustrations that you had with ordering from us. I want to emphasize that this is a unique circumstance, as normally orders take about 8-10 business days for production before shipping. I would be happy to look into matters for you and help in any way possible, if you can email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com with your order number and name on the account. I can tell you that normal credits are processed within 2 business days and the credit does show up on the credit card within 5 business days, depending on the bank that you use. I look forward to speaking with you soon and help you get a positive solution. Sincerely, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
Wedding: 01/17/2014
2.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
My fiance purchased a custom made ring and proposed to me on New Years Eve (3 days ago). I was thrilled to see this beautiful ring! However, after looking closer to the ring it was such poor quality. Along with most, we did a ton of research and read reviews about Diamond Nexus and came to the conclusion we felt we coud trust them. I have a twisted band and under it, the metal is dull and has nicks in it, it is not polished nicely like the rest of the ring. Next from that, the whole main stone is loose so it "tinks" everytime I move my finger. Imagine the embarassment I feel when someone takes my hand to look at my new beautiful engagement ring. I contacted a rep ASAP and expressed my frustration, she responded very quickly and assured me they would fix this but it requires me sending it back to them and waiting for it to be fixed. This was a HUGE disappointment to me...who wants to receive an engagement ring from the one they love and instead of being able to show it off mearly 3 days of having it, it has to be sent back. I am not one to nit pick, but the dullness of the metal and nicks clearly show and looks terrible. Yes, diamond nexus is a TON cheaper then mined diamond ring but we still paid several thousands of dollars for this ring so for it to appear and SOUND like a CZ from walmart is very disappointing and I truly hope this can get resolved quickly. If it was my company, I would be refunding some money back, especially when these are such noticeable, obvious flaws on a custom paid for ring. At this point and from my experience so far, I would not reccomend.
Wedding: 01/11/2014
5.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My experience with Diamond Nexus was outstanding. I live in Australia and they are located in the US so I was worried the whole process would be difficult, but I emailed them about customising a ring for me and got a prompt response.
I was kept updated via regular emails and sent photos during the design process which made me very excited about receiving my ring. When it arrived, I couldn't have been happier. The quality is amazing, especially for the price I paid. I've had so many compliments and there's no way you would no they're not real diamonds unless you we're an expert. The quality of the simulated diamonds far outweighs that of a cubic zirconia.
I would happily recommend Diamond Nexus to anyone who is wanting to purchase any kind of jewellery, they're fantastic.
Wedding: 11/27/2013
1.6/5.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I purchased an engagement ring along with the matching wedding band from DN. After returning from our honeymoon we decided to try to return the ring because the wedding band did not stay connected at all. After contacting customer service I was told I could not return the ring because it was signed for 31 days ago (I had it sent it to my mothers house). Explaining that I did not sign for it and just returned from my honeymoon, I was hoping they would flex on the 1 day late. Nope. Now I have to pay more money to fix a ring that broke within days. Terrible company. I would never recommend or purchase from this company again.
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hi, My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I want to reach out to you and offer some assistance. I would need you to email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com with your order number and name on the account but if this issue really did happen as you had said and it was 1 day outside of the 30 day warranty, I am sure that we can work with you on the situation and remedy it for you so that you have a beautiful ring and band on your finger again soon! I look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
Wedding: 10/01/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Thank you diamond nexus. I just love my diamond diva engagement ring.The ring looks great !! i have a friend who has a 5 karat mined diamond ring; and my diamond nexus ring looks the same as her ring. its amazing .Thanks Ruthann
Wedding: 09/22/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I got a beautiful engagement ring from Diamond Nexus, and I have no complaints about it at all. It's a beautiful ring, and we got it for a very affordable price! I read a few other reviews, and I'm shocked at the negative things people are saying about this product! I've had my ring for a month; I just cleaned it, and the ring looks just as good now is it did when I got it. I just took a week of African drumming, and not a single stone is loose. If that's not a testament of to the durability of this product, I'm not sure what is!
My fiancé and I picked out this ring last Summer, and then we put it on file. When he went to get it in April it was actually NOT on file. He had to call me and ask me to go back to the store and pick it out again. The surprise was ruined! HOWEVER, the same girl who helped me EIGHT MONTHS PREVIOUSLY was there and recognized me immediately. She remembered EXACTLY what ring I had picked out! I was impressed!
When I finally got my ring it needed to be resized, but for one reason or another my ring couldn't be resized! It was passed the 30 day warranty for exchanges, but they let me exchange it anyway for the right size!

Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a beautiful ring at am affordable price.
3.4