Diamond Nexus

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Kathryn 1 Reviews
I have the Luna solitaire as my engagement ring and I also have the Honey earrings. I have not had any problems with my ring and it is BEAUTIFUL! My fiance got this ring for under $1000 and if we had gotten a mined diamond ring of the same size (1.5 carat) and excellent cut, clarity, and color; the ring would be at least $15,000 and as a budget conscious girl, I don't even plan on spending that on the whole wedding. The shipping was fast (I live in Japan and have everything shipped to FPO) and emails were received throughout the order and shipping process. I have picked out a DNL wedding band and a right hand ring as well. I would recommend them to anyone!
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Thank you so much for your purchase, Kathryn! We are so happy that you are pleased with our product and that you love the ring! Congratulations to you both on your new life together, and please let me know if there is ever anything I can assist you with! Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
Wedding: 07/24/2020
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I ordered earrings from Diamond Nexus during a clearance, and got an amazing deal. Unfortunately, I received an email two days later saying that the earrings I ordered sold out and they couldn't make another pair. I was offered a refund or exchange, just as anyone dissatisfied with their item would be offered. I spoke with Perry Weber from Customer Service, and he couldn't offer any discount whatsoever as an apology for DNL's mistake. By the time I was notified of the mistake, absolutely nothing remotely similar to the earrings I wanted was available, unless I wanted to pay 5 times what I had originally paid. Getting in touch with Customer Service was easy, but I was extremely disappointed in DNL for taking zero responsibility for their failure. Based on this experience, I'm very unlikely to order anything from them again.
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hi, My name is Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I want to apologize to you personally for the inconvenience and disappointment you had when trying to order from our special clearance sale. Unfortunately, there were items that had limited quantities and due to an error with our order system, a few extra orders had been submitted before we could stop them from going through. I will do everything that I can in order to assist you in making your experience with Diamond Nexus a positive one. Please email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com and provide me with the name on the account so that I can look into options for you. Again, I am very sorry but I am positive that we can come to a solution for you. Sincerely, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
Wedding: 09/24/2016
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Davon & Missy 1 Reviews
I didn't want to write this review but I'm so frustrated. I have loved DNL from the beginning when they first opened in Mayfair mall. My fiancé proposed to me less than a month ago. I took my ring in to be resized, only for them to tell me it would take 10-14 days (are you serious??). On the website, its states most cases it takes 7-10 days for repairs/resizing. They told me it needs to be sent to Milwaukee. I can drive to Milwaukee within an hour, why does it take so long to resize a ring? Here I am 12 days later and still no ring back. I am tired of having to explain why I don't have my ring to everybody who wants to see it :( This part of DNL is bad customer service.
4.7/5.0
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great alternative to high priced rings. I still feel that it is a little over priced for a CZ but it is actually a quality ring and great service if anything goes wrong with the stone or ring for your lifetime. My ring looks beautiful. Looks real and feels real. Only me and my fiance know the truth. A lot of people complain that they were fooled because they aren't real diamonds. I knew that all along but I can see where people would be mad if they didn't know. Now, with the lab created diamonds sold through them too, there should be less of an issue with that.
Wedding: 10/10/2015
0.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
We purchased my engagement ring 6 months ago. Both my fiancé and I are in school, so we couldn't afford a real Diamond. I decided to try this company out. I have had my ring for 6 months and the center stone is already scratched. I called to complain and all they said is they could put new stone in. Am I going to have to keep sending my ring in every 6 months? The ring looks horrible now, I got so ashamed of wearing it because of the scratches, that I preferred to take it off. Now I have a useless ring, and I'm out 900 dollars which we couldn't really afford to begin with. I should have just bought a smaller real Diamond, at least it would have lasted.
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hello, let me introduce myself. My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I want to reach out to you regarding your ring and the repair issues that you have had. I am happy to offer assistance if you can please email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com with your order number and name on the account. I am sorry that you have experienced scratches on your stone, but I can say that even a mined diamond can actually become scratched and if something came into contact with the ring causing this damage, there would be a chance that it was rough enough to also damage the metalwork as well. We should get the ring checked out for you and we will be more than happy to repair it to the original quality, and restore your faith in us! As a reminder for wear, we like to remind customers that they should always remove jewelry before exposure to chemicals or during any vigorous physical labor that might expose the ring to potential damage. I look forward to speaking with you soon and helping you repair the ring so that you can wear it proudly and enjoy showing it off again. Warmest regards, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.

Private User 1 Reviews
After reading some of the negative reviews I just wanted to share my experience as it's been nothing but positive! My fiancé proposed with a ring from diamond nexus that we picked out together last September... I have worn my ring pretty much every day since and have had NO ISSUES! I've even worn it during renos and I wear it almost every day at work and as a hairstylist I'm hard on my hands. It gets a little dull looking when it gets dirty but so does my diamond jewellery! I think this company is wonderful and for someone like myself who thinks spending 5000-10000 on a ring is foolish it's a great alternative. I even fessed up to a client recently who manages a jewellery store and she said that it's cut exactly like a diamond and other than the fact that the clarity is remarkable which would make it a very expensive diamond she would never even take a second look! Very pleased with our choice :)
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Last December 2013 my fiance proposed to me with the Briar Rose ring, set with a 2 carat center stone. It is breathtaking. At first I was worried it would be to large, but I quickly got over that. It is a super attention grabber. I have had many people at work, and complete strangers comment on its beauty. I wear it everyday and have had no issues with it whatsoever. I have noticed that the center stone is slightly off center, but it is so slight that I only notice since I stare at it everyday. It doesn't bother me at all, if anything to me it makes it unique and mine alone. I didn't deal with Diamond Nexus directly but my fiance said their chat service was very helpful. We where traveling during the time he proposed and it was Diamond Nexus that recommended he ship it to a local UPS store since we where staying multiple places. He also commented about how it does take a fair amount of time to ship after ordering and anyone looking to surprise as he did should make sure to leave a good month buffer.
Wedding: 05/25/2015
  • Flexibility:  5.0
First let me say, I was pleasantly surprised, from the presentation of the boxes, the elegant wooden jewelry case, down to the actual pieces themselves.! Their Round Cut Studs are completely gorgeous and radiant! I was taken back by the clarity and sparkle that they offer! The workmanship is also very good and the size is perfect. They definitely live up to the quality statement advertised. These Studs are classic, elegant and simple. They would truly make the perfect Valentine's Day Gift!!! Every girl needs a pair of these beautiful Round Cut Studs!!
Wedding: 04/25/2015
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  0.5
My fiance and I looked and looked for the perfect ring and after a suggestion from a friend, turned to Diamond Nexus. He ordered the french quarter ring in April 2013 (i had no idea) and we got engaged in September. The ring was beautiful and perfect UNTIL just 3 measly months later one of my 6 prongs broke off while i was on vacation. I blamed myself for not taking the best care of my ring, called DN and their staff was okay, at most. They wouldn't cover the work because technically the ring was almost one year old and told me i'd have to pay to ship it to them, pay for repairs, AND pay for them to ship it back to me (some customer service right, after dropping such a pretty penny on the ring). Anyways, because of some address changes and going out of the country, i had to wait on sending it in. So, with enough embarrassment on us about the ring being broken, I was meeting my future in-laws for the first time and at dinner my entire setting FELL OUT into my water cup. Talk about embarrassing once again. How long are these rings supposed to last anyways?!

I just got off the phone with customer service about this, since it all just happened within the past three days, and big surprise. No help. she told me where to go to fill out the information to send it in and that's about it. Couldnt give me a time line on getting it fixed, a roundabout price or anything. But the thing i'm most bothered by is that either time I called about my ring, no one apologized. Not even a simple freakin' "Sorry our product failed you, and embarrassed you." no offer to make it right, nothing. I was planning on ordering 6 bridesmaids gifts but not anymore. I don't want to embarrass myself further by giving crappy gifts that will fall apart.
Wedding: 12/14/2014
1.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Value:  1.0

Private User 1 Reviews
My son ordered a ring from diamond nexus to propose to his fiancé during the holiday season and so far it has been a nightmare. If the quality of the ring is anything like the processing and the shipping of the ring then we are in trouble! The many troubles we’ve had are too numerous to go into but the biggest problem is the shipping date. I’m the one that ordered the ring for my son due to his busy schedule.

First of all, the ring was supposed to have been ready by December 26th and ship out December 27th with overnight mail but now I’m learning that’s not the case. When I called in to question the December 31st date that was finally emailed to me in my confirmation order, the representative agreed it was a mistake but the ring would be ready on December 27th not the 26th due to the December 25th closing. Fair enough I said ok.

However, after calling back to see if the date was changed as promised I was told that it wasn’t. Even worse, I was told that the December 31st date was correct because the company was closed December 24th and 25th plus the order did not process the same day even though it was made before 2:00 pm Central time as noted on their website. I wish they had mentioned this when I was ordering! I would have probably shopped elsewhere!

Oh and to make matters worse, she said there is no UPS on January 1st so the ring won’t even get here in time for a New Year’s Day engagement! So disappointed! I wish my son had ordered from somewhere else. He may just buy a ring from a local jeweler and return this ring when it finally arrives because when it comes to a proposal, timing is everything and right now, the timing may be ruined!

Private User 1 Reviews
I bought two rings from this company, and I have been nothing but impressed. My fiance wanted an emerald center stone for her engagement ring, but a jeweler told her that could be a bad choice for daily wear due to the soft stone. I began looking for green diamonds, and found Diamond Nexus searching for those stones.
I had them create 2 custom rings (wedding band & engagement ring), using mostly mined diamonds from an heirloom ring. I'm sure we were a pain to work with (as we made tons of changes!), but they were great through the whole process. Their CAD design was wonderful, and the rings were gorgeous. Due to their replacement process, we ended up going with an emerald, since that had the true color my fiance wanted. We ended up using just one of their small diamond simulants to even out the wring balance (and I cannot tell it apart from the mined diamond they matched it to!) as well as their emerald; the rest of the stones I provided.
Their gold designer did a WONDERFUL job, and my fiance is thrilled with the rings. They also told me that it was a new experience for them doing a custom piece with heirloom stones, but we couldn't be happier with the results!
We discussed just buying the stones from them, and having a local jeweler create the ring, but the DN service made us use them. The CAD design made designing very easy, and the warranty on the ring for future service is outstanding!
We had multiple contacts at the company through this long & detailed custom process, and all of them were great. They looked out for us to save us the most money possible (choosing the best deal/sale available), and billing was simple. Finally, the ring was finished early, and shipped/received before the estimated receipt date! I would definitely order from them in the future, and would recommend them to anyone!
PS. We have had the rings for a few months now, she wears them daily, and we have had NO issues with loose settings, cloudy stones, or tarnished gold. GREAT!!!
0.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  2.5

Private User 1 Reviews
I ordered a size 9 Ulyssa engagement ring for my fiancé. I received a ring and found that the ring didn't fit as well as it should have. Fast forward to now, 2 months from our wedding, and I'm ordering the wedding band. I decide that the 1.5x buy up plan would be a good fit for me to get the ring the correct size. Up until this time, I had assumed I had just ordered the wrong ring size, but upon further investigation, we found that my fiancés finger is in fact a size 9, the ring the sent us originally was a size 10.

I tried contacting their customer service via telephone. I waited on hold for 30 minutes, and then decided to take advantage of the "press 0 and get a call back" service that they advertise on their pre-recorded message. I waited for 7 hours, after the message told me that my spot in line would not be compromised by this, and still never received a call. Slightly frustrated,

I used their chat service and spoke with a "Lucy." I explained the situation and she informed me that I needed to send the ring in and that I may or may not be charged for that. I asked for a guarantee that I wouldn't be charged and she informed me couldn't do that. I asked to speak with a supervisor, she told me that there was only 1 supervisor in the entire company and that they wouldn't be back until Monday, 4 days from the day I was contacting them. I called foul play on her and asked to please let me contact a supervisor. She again told me that there was only one person that was above her in the company and that no one else could help me at this time. She told then ended the chat prematurely telling me: "I'm not going to argue with you. If you don't like it, contact Michelle on Monday."

Since doing business with them as well, I have found that they are also currently in a law suit that states they might not even be selling legitimate diamonds. If the allegations are true, they are actually CZ's. Food for thought.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was incredibly pleased with the service - the earrings I received were spectacular. I showed to a fairly "snobby" friend and she thought they were real.
I had to return as they were actually to big. The return process was a breeze and credit was put back on my card in 3 business days.
VERY SATISIFED.
Wedding: 08/30/2014
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5

Private User 1 Reviews

I don't normally write negative reviews but getting the Mina ring was the worst mistake ever. It is a gorgeous ring but I don't think it can even last until my August wedding. I had it repaired after the first couple of months owning it and they tried to give it back to me with a different stone missing. Now two more stones fell out! The integrity of this ring has been so severely compromised that I'm waiting until closer to the wedding to get it fixed. I'm actually considering not wearing it until the wedding day, to avoid the embarrassment of stones missing on my wedding day. What a headache.
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Private User 1 Reviews
A week after my fiancé asked that I show him what kind of ring I wanted the movie Blood Diamond came on HBO. I was horrified at the thought of wearing a diamond that someone had to die for. I immediately stopped my search for a real diamond and looked for alternatives. I looked at mossanite, cubic zirconia, man made diamonds. Companies have good/bad reviews; most alternatives had pros/cons. The thing I like about DN is they have an actual store and a number to speak to someone. I never understood who pays thousands of dollars to a company that only provided an email address to contact. On a trip to Chicago I visited the Schaumburg store and was blown away.. The jewelry was flawless and the sales staff was extremely helpful. I tried on rings to decide the style and color of gold I wanted, and get sized. However, I just did not see "my" ring on that visit. Eventually I did pick a ring from the website and informed the Mr. On the day of my engagement, I was amazed at how beautiful my ring was. It is perfection. The center stone is less than a carat but because it is surrounded by a halo it looks huge. The intricate details on the band are more beautiful that any website photo or video will show you. I get so many compliments, even from men, about how beautiful and unique the ring is. It really is stunning and it is a ring that probably would have cost 5x what he paid for it. Now we have more money for the wedding, honeymoon, and a house. I am disappointed that it didn't come with a band and custom jewelry at DN isnt cheap. However, there are several bands that may work with and on my next visit to Chicago I plan to visit the store again. DN does not sensor its reviews so I suggest any man or woman planning to purchase read ALL of the reviews. Customers are really honest and when spending this type of money on something so special you have to make an informed purchase. It’s been 5 months and I still love my ring and have had no problems.
Wedding: Recently Married
0.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I ordered a size 5 ring and received a size 6. DN refused to replace or correct their mistake. Very disappointed with Customer Service! While the ring looks nice they will not send the item I ordered as a replacement. They want me to ship the item back at my cost and modify the ring they sent me. Oh, and they want me to wait for the standard 7 to 10 business days once they receive it. That will end up being almost three weeks! I will never order from they again as the "triple" guarantee is worth zero is they wont correct their own screw-up!
Diamond Nexus responded with the following comments:
Hello, My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I want to reach out to you after reading your review and offer my assistance. We do guarantee all regular purchases on our site with a full 30 day money back guarantee and exchange policy. However, items sold through our E-Steals clearance are sized and cannot be altered in any way so they are sold as is. Your review makes me think that perhaps you had purchased something that cannot be sized as it is premade. All regular orders are made per order and will be able to be even exchanged for other sizes, provided you pay for the shipping charges outside of the first 30 days of purchase. E-Steals cannot be even exchanged but can be traded through our 1.5 times trade up program.This would mean that a new ring would be put into production for you and this does take 7-10 business days, as all rings are made as ordered unless being sold through clearance. I would need your order number to look into this for you to see what had happened and how we can help you if you email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com I would be more than happy to assist you. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Warmest Regards, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.
Wedding: Recently Married