Dewey's Bakery

Dewey's Bakery

Sharing Wedding Memories Since 1930.

262 South Stratford Road
Winston Salem, NC 27101 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Pastries
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes

(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cake was wonderful. Dewey's was easy to work with. Delivery was on time and they also provided me with boxes for left over cake. It was a great take home for my guest.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
4.7/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Our wedding cake was stunning. It was beautifully done and made to fit us as a couple perfectly. The cake itself was extremely moist and fresh. So many guests swear it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. Those leftovers did not last long at all. I highly recommend Dewey's Bakery. It's a great place.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
Natassia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Created a delicious and beautiful wedding cake that fit my theme perfectly. They worked with us to create a unique design that will be remembered for years to come, not to mention that the cake was moist and perfect.

• Wedding: 04/11/2014
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We got a 4 tier cake from Dewey's. 2 tiers were pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese icing and 2 were white with white icing. They do not use fondant unless they absolutely have to, so the whole cake tastes good. This was by far the best cake I've ever had. However, if you speak with one of the young girls who work there part time, they are very unfriendly and not very helpful. You can tell they don't want to be there. But working with Maria to design the cake was a very pleasant experience, despite the cake being so expensive.

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
Ashley
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dewey's did a great job on our wedding cake. It was beautiful and delicious! Dewey's was very accommodating when we scheduled a tasting ahead of time, and they had a great selection of cakes. It was easy to choose one because they have several model cakes on the shelves as well as photo albums. They also did a great job advising us on the size of the cake. Everything was super-easy. They delivered the cake on time. We also rented a cake stand, which was beautiful. I highly recommend Dewey's.

As a note of comparison, we first had a tasting at another bakery but they were more expensive, didn't have a good selection of photos to look at, and only made one flavor of cake.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I grew up having Dewey's Cakes for my birthdays. When it came to my wedding cake I knew I couldn't go anywhere else. I sat down with Maria and we worked through my exact specifications for what I wanted the cake to look like. She drew out a plan and had some great insight on how to "dress it up". At the wedding I had a lot of out of town guests who just loved the cake. We had several different cake flavors and their favorite was the Pink Lemonade. The best part is they also give you another top layer for your 1 year anniversary so you don't have to freeze it!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They made a delivered a beautiful, on time, to my wedding!!

• Wedding: 07/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

So amazing we ran out of cake!!! Grew up eating this cake so I knew I had to have it at my wedding and I was not let down. They are a great company to work with!!!

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the cake tasting to the day of the wedding, everything was wonderful! We were able to customize our cake to fit our needs, pick different flavors for different layers, and not spend a fortune! The cake was delicious (plus we got a free anniversary cake with our order!)! I would definitely recommend this vendor!

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Was not told cream cheese icing could not be left our more than 3 hours. Found this out reading blogs. Had to adjust delivery time. But they did accommodate us well. Meeting with them was difficult once they closed the wedding cake building and had to go directly to the bakery for any changes. Very busy place. Cake was made exactly as we asked. Very good tasting. Dewey's bakery is always a favorite.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our cake was awesome!! We designed the cake with Katy and on our wedding day it was everything we expected it to be! Great tasting!!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dewey's provided exactly what I wanted as a wedding cake: elegant, not frozen, reasonably priced & edible. When we went for our tasting we were blown away by almost every thing we tried. We had talked about getting a small 2 tiered cake for us to cut, and then cake squares to keep costs down. This worked perfectly especially since we could order as many different flavors in squares as we wanted. The person who we worked with promised us that our cake would not be frozen. The design turned out exactly how we wanted it. And everyone loved our cake! We ordered 120 cake squares, our 2 tiered cake was another 100 slices, and there was NONE left, there were only 90 guests at our wedding. People went back and had 2 or 3 slices, and tried all 3 flavors or got a second piece of their favorite. I've been to a lot of weddings and never seen people eat cake like they did at our wedding (especially with a cocktail hour with hor d'oeuvres, & full buffet dinner). Dewey's was truly great to work with! You also get a fresh cake for your anniversary!

• Wedding: 09/08/2012
4.4/5.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Perfect delicious cake. Go to Dewey's all the time for sweet treats so wedding cake from here was a must

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

My wedding cake was pink lemonade and I had multiple guests say it was some of the best cake they have had. Working with Dewey's was easy and they were flexible with my specific needs.

• Wedding: 06/24/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Our cake was beautiful and delicious! I'm very happy we chose Dewey's to make our cake because it has been my favorite cake since I was a little girl. For sake of having to chose one kind of cake to have, the Dewey's staff suggested that I have each tier a different flavor. This appealed to everyone: the chocolate lover's had chocolate, the kids had lemonade cake, and I of course had my favorite white cake!

• Wedding: 06/11/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dewey's provided a delicious and gorgeous cake for our wedding day. Katy was great, as my husband wanted to design the cake himself. She took our ideas and made them look even better than we could envision. Also, it was the best tasting red velvet cake I have ever had. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

• Wedding: 05/19/2012
336-725-8321
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards