Defore's Cake Design

• Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I don't normally give bad reviews but I must do it with my wedding cake. I recommend going somewhere else. Save your time and money. My "ruffle" wedding cake looked like a stack of pancakes sitting on the table. Way too expensive for something that looked nothing like what I ordered. Please, vendor's, if you can't do something just say it from the beginning and that will save the bride a lot of time and frustration. I wish I could post a picture of what I ordered and what was delivered. Also, there was no follow up with me after the wedding so I sent them and email a month ago and still have not heard back from them! email me if you want to see the picture of my horrible cake! marciaandduke@yahoo.com

• Wedding: 04/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Loved loved loved my wedding cake! Absolutely delicious and just exactly designed to our vision. I can't begin to tell you how good this cake tasted. Most wedding cakes are about the design and they taste just so-so. Not Defore's. It was so good. We chose the almond cake with bavarian creme filling for one tier and Bailey's cake with white chocolate mousse for the second tier. Mmmmm Mmmmm. I can't wait for our one year anniversary!

• Wedding: 03/31/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wedding cake was a perfect design for beach/shell theme. They have great insight to a creative masterpiece.

• Wedding: 03/30/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kerry was wonderful to work with when we did our tasting and terrific about answering my emails quickly. The cake was tasted wonderful and was delivered on time. It was decorated beautifully. The only (minor) complaint I have is that the buttercream frosting was a much paler shade of yellow than the picture I brought in.

I plan to order all future special occasion cakes from Defore's.

• Wedding: 12/19/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Heather and Kerry, were wonderful very helpful in assisting me in the cake choice. The cake was perfect just what we wanted, it made the special day even more so. They worked with me on our budget. Use them you will not regret it! Kerry also helped me find an excellent DJ when I could not find one.

• Wedding: 09/03/2011
4.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The colors on the cake were not what we had communicated to them. The flavors were good. I would suggest to preview all designs before approving cake. I left them with flexibility and it wasn't what I was hoping for.

Defore's Cake Design responded with the following comments:

The colors we used on this cake were exactly what the bride requested. As a matter of fact, we went back & forth with the bride by email and phone several times, trying to nail down exactly what colors she did want. We explained that we needed color swatches to get as close to her color choices as possible. She, instead, directed us to a website to view the colors. It was like shooting at a moving target but, we kept asking for confirmation from her as to the exact colors she wanted. In the end, we feel that we used the colors she requested.
The design is a different story... the bride wanted dragonflies in two different colors (again) to be placed sporadically around the cake. That was the only direction we received. We put the design in writing on the contract and the bride approved it. It is quite difficult to meet someone's expectations when they are not articulated. We created fondant dragonflies in the exact colors we used on this wedding cake and sent photos to the bride to approve - which she did. So, we're confused as to why she was unhappy with this cake.
We strive to make our bridal couples happy and take great pride in our work. We go above and beyond to try to make everyone happy. We, like the dj for this wedding, are confused with this review.

• Wedding: 06/25/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Defore's has the best cakes in town! We used them for our wedding cake, and they did exactly what we wanted. They went out of their way to pick up the flowers we wanted, and delivered right on time. The cake was beautiful, and everyone raved about how delicious it was! We will definitely use them again!

• Wedding: 05/28/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Over a month later and I'm still craving more wedding cake! The cake was absolutely beautiful, and so delicious! We had a three tier cake that fed 100 people, and we added a sheet cake since our RSVP list ended up being one hundred people exactly. I thought we would have some left over, but our guests devoured it. They are so easy to work with. I didn't have to worry about a thing. I picked out my flavors, chose a design, and I was done. They even recommended our florist to us when I shared that I hadn't found anyone I liked. Absolutely wonderful!

• Wedding: 03/12/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I loved Defore's Cake Design! Not only did they offer the best price for what I was looking for but my cake was amazing too!! It turned out exactly the way I envisioned it and tasted great! The girls there were so easy to work with and very responsive to my emails. I also love that they offer to bake you a free anniversary cake on your first anniversary. I would HIGHLY recommend them!

• Wedding: 02/20/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Met with the ladies ad Defore's and they were extremely helpful! All the samples were yummy! They really put together the cake I wanted, and it turned out amazing!!!! Wish there was some cake left over!

• Wedding: 05/07/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I believe I was one of those Bridezillas when it came to my cake. I wanted a very ornate design and it took me a while to find one I was happy with. Kerry worked very hard to meet my expectations and find something I would be happy with. The final product looked amazing and tasted delicious. I cannot truly express how happy I was with it.

• Wedding: 05/02/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I asked for a colorful cake and left everything else to Defore's. The flavors were wonderful. I couldn't have been more pleased.

• Wedding: 04/03/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Defore's was recommended to us by our venue and we could not have been more pleased with their service and product. We were on a tight budget so we thought we wouldn't be able to afford a cake from such a nice bakery, but we were pleasantly surprised by their prices (comparable to Publix). Heather and Kerry were excellent to work with and designed the cake exactly as we asked. The cake tasted so good and there wasn't a piece left at the end of the night. We can't wait to get our free anniversary cake!

• Wedding: 03/27/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you for the beautiful 3-tier wedding cake (and for delievery/set-up)! Everything was stunning and the guests loved the taste . . . all three tiers were different. Thank you for helping to make our night a dream come true!

• Wedding: 02/20/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We want to thank Defore's Cake for making the most delicious cake ever this past weekend for our wedding! They were able to re create a cake we had liked from a picture and it turned out great! We had the first and second tier chocolate cake with fresh strawberries (yummmyyyyyyy) & the top tier was carrot cake(more yummyyyy). We still had left overs to bring home and we look forward to eating the rest of it this week:) Thanks again!

• Wedding: 12/12/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Defor's baked my wedding cake about 3 weeks ago and it was delicious. We had a canoli filling in 2 tiers and chocolate moose in 1 tier and it was moist and delecious. We even went on our honeymoon and came back after a week and had more and it was still great. Thanks guys for a beautiful cake

• Wedding: 10/24/2009
904-824-3937
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire