Davids Bridal

• Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
i had read horrible reviews about davids bridal, but i have to say that my experience was phenomenal! i am someone who doesnt like dresses and being the center of attention. however when i went in for my bridal appointment on saturday february 8th 2014, i was blown away. i had a list of dresses i was interested in, they had four of them in the store, the consultant pulled 3 out and then the stylist they assigned me pulled another 3 out, between the two of them they helped me find the perfect dress. i am very please with it, i got an excellent deal for the dress i got! i want every one who would like a dress to go to the davids bridal in nashua nh and ask for beth and susie!!!! you cant go wrong!
Wedding: 07/11/2015
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0

Trish 1 Reviews
I was a bridesmaid for a wedding recently. The girl who helped us even yelled at us because she didn't tell us where to try the dresses on but apparently had assigned dressing rooms without telling us. She yelled all the girls sizes out and treated the bride like she was a chore and inconvenience. Its a very assembly-line feeling when you are there. When I ordered my dress, it fit fine, even with a little extra room. When it arrived, it didn't fit at all. My weight was the same, so I didn't understand why it was so different. I called them and told them the wedding was 2 weeks away and it doesn't fit right as it did in the store. They simply said, "well...you can call the other stores in the country and get it shipped to you in a different size. Good luck." HORRIBLE customer service! I had to order the dress from CO (I live in PA) over-nighted to ensure I had a dress for the wedding. Well the next size was just too big everywhere. I basically just stopped eating and hit the gym double time until the wedding to fit into the original dress.
There is a 14 day return policy. However, NOT for anything but online orders. You need to go online and get a return code as soon as you get the dress (if you order online) so that you can send it back if its bad (and it will be). If you order the dress in store and it comes to you being awful, forget about that money because they will NOT return any money or help you at all. "All sales are final" on all dresses. Probably because they know the poor quality of the dresses and would lose too much money if they allowed returns. I know for my wedding that I will not look for a bridal gown there, especially if they can't even handle bridesmaid dresses.
DO NOT GO TO DAVIDS BRIDAL!!!!!!!!!
Wedding: 05/16/2015
1.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I recently bought my wedding dress from Davids bridal. When I went into the store in August I knew exactly what dress I wanted and also had picked out the bridesmaid dress's all on line. So the sales person didn't really have to do much except get the dress's off the rack. I tried on my dress and loved it just like I thought I'd would so than two of my bridesmaids tried on the dress I picked out for them. I decided that all of this would work amazing and purchased my dress. The sales person informed US that we would receive 20 off of the bridesmaid dress's because I purchased my dress there. That sounded great because the dress was originally 189.99 and was on sale for 149.99. Therefore with an additional 20 bucks off that would make the dress's affordable for my bridesmaids! Well when I went back in with all 8 of my bridesmaids this past weekend we were told (this is after we altered the color and I picked out my veil) that because the dress was already discounted to the 149.99 that we could not have anything additional off the dress's. After explaining to the sales person that, that was not what we were told, she eventually got a manager. I explained the to the manager what I was told for pricing on this dress and that two of my bridesmaids were also with me when I was told that the dress was 129.99. The manager was rude and didn't do anything for us. I even told her that I would take my business elsewhere, but she didn't seem to care. Totally fruastrating because I was completely set on this dress and veil, so I went ahead with the purchase, but I can guarantee that I will never recommend David's Bridal to anyone again!
Wedding: 02/14/2015
0.1/5.0
  • Value:  0.5

Private User 2 Reviews
David’s Bridal in Metairie, LA. When I arrived at the store I told the receptionist I had an appointment and she had me fill out a form with my information on it(which I had already filled out to make the appointment) She suggested that I get a mermaid style dress because I it would hide my stomach from having kids. NEWS FLASH! I don’t have kids. I may not be a stick figure model but I am by no means overweight and even if I was, why would any sales person tell you this?! She gave us a booklet of dresses and told us to go look. She didn’t bother to explain how the dresses were arranged. At this point I was very confused. What was the point of making an appointment if they don’t help you find dresses? After about 20min. of walking around trying to find a dress, a salesperson finally said she was the person assigned to help me. I told her what kind of dress I wanted (one with not a lot of frills) and she told me they don’t carry many like that. I gave her my list of dresses anyway and she said she would pull a few. Another 20min. goes by and she is nowhere to be found. My mom and I just started pulling dresses on our own. The saleswoman reappeared, gave us a dressing room and said she would be back to help me try them on. She didn't show back up. My mom helped me try them on and pick different ones. We tried getting other sales people to help us and they basically ignored us. We were so fed up that we decided to leave. We needed to find our sales woman first because she had my papers with the dresses I liked with her. When we found her she tried to say that we were not her appointment and pawn us off on another sales woman. The new sales lady asked for the appointment sheet but it had suddenly disappeared. (After talking with the manager we found out that the original sales woman lied. She was in charge of our appointment) I think that anyone going to the Metairie David’s Bridal should be aware that the sales people are very sketchy, rude and not helpful at all.
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 2 Reviews
This was a stressful experience!! The consultants were nice, but they kept bringing me dresses that were out of my budget!!
1.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0
My daughter's dress from David's Bridal is beautiful. We haven't been for her first fitting yet and the dress is 300.00 less than what we paid. No adjustments? Don't understand, we just picked it up less than a month ago. We can't even use the money for alterations. This doesn't make sense to me?
Wedding: 10/19/2014
1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  1.5
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I was stunned at the lack of professional decorum at David's Bridal on Fayetteville Road in Durham, NC. The employees seemed harried and unconcerned about making the experience enjoyable and special. Two of the young women attending us used extremely bad language. Several had body piercings and tattoos. Worst of all, they knew nothing about garment construction. David's had obviously put no time into training their employees. When I asked for a Princess Line dress, I got only blank stares. They did not know anything about garment construction or fabrics. It was an impersonal, factory line approach to a wedding where far from being treasured the bride was subjected to bullying!
Wedding: 10/11/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
I had a terrible experience when I was trying to find my wedding dress. I have never planned a wedding before nor have I helped plan one before... So the experience is a new one. When I went to David's bridal I felt extremely rushed and was ambushed by several of the staff members including my consultant, the manager, another consultant and the seamstress. I did not have any time to myself to think and was told that if I did not purchase it that day, the dress that I liked will not be there the next time because it was a big seller. Because of all these factors I decided that I should just purchase the dress. I felt that they were extremely unprofessional during this time due to the fact that this is a big purchase and a huge decision for a very important life event for myself. I felt that they we're not understanding and rude.

This was the David's bridal in York, Pennsylvania.
1.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5
I have had numerous problems with David's Bridal throughout my planning process. First they lost my appointment to try on bridesmaid dresses and said they could 'fit me in.' I shouldn't have needed to be fit in since I made the appt. Second, the wrong size was ordered for one of my girls and since she doesn't even live close to a David's Bridal she had to make the long drive twice due to their error. Then came the invitations. While in the process of finalizing my wedding invitations they updated their system and bumped my changes out of the system so when I went to order they weren't the correct invitations. I called to exchange them, but the colors were completely wrong! I had to call again and demanded overnight shipping and a price reduction, since this would be the third time of ordering. Thankfully customer service was great and gave me both. The third time they it was correct, but the entire process was lengthy and should not have happened. After that came the bridal accessories. I was told in the store what slip to get and to order a size up. I did this and got a great deal due to a sale online. When I got the items I realized that the slip was not what was pictured nor did it fit. I was livid that I was told the wrong size AND sent a different slip. I demanded a refund for the slip AND shipping back of the slip. I had to reorder since you can't exchange, but the slip was back up to the original price and it has not been on sale since. I complained and was told it was MY fault that I didn't realize that the picture showed two different items and it was a courtesy that my money was refunded. I asked that I receive the sale price with free shipping and they immediately told me they could only do free shipping because (again) it was my fault. I will NEVER deal with David's Bridal again. Plus the online and in store are completely different entities and you can't return in store or use the online deals. Ridiculous!
Wedding: 08/30/2014
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
1. The store I went to did not have the sale-priced color dress I wanted so they had one shipped from a store in California. The dress came in with ripped seams, torn tulle, and ripped and missing hooks on the inside of the dress. It was torn in about 6 different places. When I took it to my store, they said every single store in the Nation was sold out of my size in that color (the sale-priced color). Therefore, I had to get the non-sale priced color which was $400 more. We talked them into giving us 20% off but I feel as if we should have gotten it at the same price as the last dress because it was not my fault that it came in such terrible shape!

2. I just went to DB yesterday to pick out a BM dress for my sister and they informed me that (2 weeks ago) they discontinued my bridesmaid color........ NO ONE cared to call and inform me. Half of my brides maids have already gotten their dresses.

THIS IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL!

If I could do it again, I would take my business elsewhere! I WILL NOT be getting my dress altered here!
Wedding: 08/23/2014
1.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  2.5

Private User 1 Reviews
Okay, I'm writing this really hoping that I don't sound like a bridezilla, but I have not had a good experience lol. I chose my wedding dress at this David's Bridal this year. The consultant I had was great. She made trying on dresses a really smooth process, listened to me and she was able to help me find my dress! This was all great, but I have had all kinds of issues with alterations that made me decide to warn others about buying your dress from here, or at least give pointers on how to buy a dress from this store. First, realize that your budget needs to include the price for alterations. This is probably a "duh" thing, but David's Bridal charges a ton for alterations. Second, don't let them GUESS what size you are, because they are horrible at it. Also, may be another "duh" thing, but I figured the lady has probably been doing it for years and has some sort of master eye for telling whether you are a 2 or an 8. No, she GUESSED me at a 6. Did not bother to take measurements, which would seem like the best way to get an idea of what size you are, but what do I know? Anyway, my size six dress comes in and is too big. It's going to cost a fortune to alter it down, so we are advised that we should order then next size down, which we do. Again, no measurements taken. My size 4 dress comes in, and I set up a day for an alterations appointment. Turns out, to get this dress to fit me it needs to be taken in two inches, and bra cups need to be added. OBVIOUSLY I do not have what it takes to fill out a size 4 dress in the waist or the bust... another wrong GUESS at what size I am. I am positive that if I had ordered a size 2 dress then I would not have had to pay to take the dress in or add bra cups. All of this makes me believe that the people there intentionally guess you at a bigger size that that they can charge you more for alterations. Not to mention my shoes came with a rhinestone missing.
4.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I am very pleased with the services I received from David's Bridal in Castleton, Indiana. I made an appointment and even though the store was very busy that day the customer service was awesome. She was patient and asked plenty of questions making sure that I received exactly what I was looking for.
I liked the fact the children can come seeing how most of the bridal shops around here do not allow children on the floor. I have shopped for months to find my dress and I found everything I was looking for at David's Bridal, both value and quality.
Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Do not go to Davids Bridal! My experience was horrible. First of all all of the employees were very rude! This is the first place I tried on dresses, although my mom loved a ball gown I tried on I said a hundred times I wanted a mermaid. My consultant tried so hard to get me to purchase the ball gown she didn't listen to what I wanted at all. When I left without purchasing a dress the consultant pouted and acted like I kicked her puppy. I believe her name was Elian. Completely unprofessional!!!! I did not want to go back for my bridesmaids dresses but my bridesmaids really wanted to check it out and ended up finding a dress they loved. I was reluctant to order because of my bad experience. One of my girls got their dress, and my other girls waited about a month, but when they went to order the dress was discontinued and we couldn't get it. Why would you let us order a dress that is being discontinued in a month, or why wouldn't you give us a heads up? When I spoke to them about it they made me feel like it was my fault for not knowing it was being discontinued they were so rude I just dont even wanna do business with them for any reason ever again. We can't get our money back so I'm just going to give my girl the money she lost and cut my losses. I'm going somewhere else. I cant stand davids bridal and I would not recommend them to anyone!
Wedding: 08/09/2014

Private User 1 Reviews
Today is NOT a very happy Friday the 13th! I had my final fitting for my wedding dress today. The dress is beautiful and it was perfect when I tried it on. However, the last time that I had a fitting before my dress was altered, I had to switch out my under garments for bigger sizes. That same day, I paid for my alterations and left the store without my under garments. Today, when I went in for my fitting and spoke to someone about the store having my under garments, no one knew anything. The store does not have cameras so there is no "proof" that I walked out of the store without my items. I did not get anywhere when I spoke to two different people. They do have it in the system that I purchased the items back in January and had to switch them out in May. I was told there was nothing anyone could do because there would have been no reason for the store to keep my items and if in fact I did leave them behind then someone would have contacted me. The whole situation is unbelievable! I felt like I was being called a liar. Why would I say I did not have my expensive items if I really did? Everything was paid for in full back in March. The poor response from the people who work there is just sad. There is no way anyone can help me in any way, shape, form, or fashion since there is no "proof" of anything. I cannot afford to purchase these items again! The prices at this store are already outrageous as it is! I will be sure to warn all my friends about David's Bridal and their poor service. They take no responsibility for their own mistakes. I guess with this business the customer is not always right. I am hoping to get this resolved before my wedding which is in 5 weeks!!
Wedding: Recently Married
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Selection is enough for my choices and staff was busy but helpful.
Wedding: 07/19/2014

Private User 1 Reviews
I went with my daughter to pick out her dress. The seamstress measured her and then ordered the dress and I signed for it and paid for it in full. Today we went to get the dress and it is one size to small. When I noticed that the salesperson working the floor gave me attitude and acted like it was our fault the dress was to small. They forget they are the experts and we are the purchasers. I sent a letter per their corporate rules and am waiting to hear back from them regarding this. I expect a new dress in her size, If the seamstress doesn't know how to measure a girl and order properly how is that the brides fault? Plus when I pay over $1000.00 in a store, no one should give me attitude.
Wedding: Recently Married
 619-220-8008
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire