Davids Bridal

Davids Bridal

San Diego, CA
619.220.8008
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

2.0
2.4
Flexibility
1.8
1.8

I made an appointment at David's Bridal in Erie, PA since that was one of my only options and that is where everyone around here goes. I have a certain style that I wanted and I wanted to see if I like any of the dresses that they had in that style. But I also let her know that I wanted to try on 1 or 2 of a couple different styles JUST to make sure I was sure about my style that I wanted. So I assumed we would be there for an hour or so which sounded fun, since this was my first time trying on gowns! The consultant that helped me grabbed FOUR dresses each of a different style and rushed me in and out of the fitting room. When I would come out with a dress on, she would be gone and not listening to my opinion of it. Isn't that what they're there for? To find out what you like and don't like? Then she would come back, rush me out of the dress and into another and leave again. After those 4 dresses (20 minutes) she told me that we now know the "style" I wanted and we can come back another day to try on all the ones in that style, and rushed us out the door. I know my wedding is 20 months away, but that's a really good way to ruin an experience for a bride. She knew she wasn't getting a sale that day so she gave me no attention and just rushed me in and out. I'm never going back there again. I'll go all the way to Pittsburgh to find my perfect dress. Also, they didn't have much of a selection in each style. This place STUNK!

1.6

Clive, Iowa - My experience with David's Bridal AFTER buying the dress has been absolutely horrible. I went in and had a great time trying on dresses, my consultant was great and really down to earth. I made a plan in the store to have it fitted once the dress came in and then again in July. Once I had my fitting in July, they were going to ship it to my mom's in Florida as that is where the wedding is being held. All was fine and dandy until I gave them my money. My dress came in and I got a call that I needed to come pick it up. I spoke with a lady on the phone and explained to her my plan of having them keep it and then shipping it over the summer. (Not sure why this wasn't in their notes, as it was all set up ahead of time.) The lady was very rude and said "well we can do that for you, but you will need to set up an appointment to come try it on." Everything was ok when I hung up and not even a week later I got another call from a different person stating I needed to come pick up my dress within the week. I called yet again and explained my situation, this time they told me that is not a service they provide. I could come in and have it shipped that day, or else it would need to be picked up and once it is picked up from their store, they will not ship it. I made a last minute appointment to try it on and ship it (same day) and when I got to the store, they had no record of me making an appointment. The consultant listened to my story and said "well let me go back and see if I can find your dress." Not something you say to a pissed off bride who has been given the run around!!!! They shipped my dress that day, I had to call back 4 days later to get a tracking number and when it arrived at my mom's, the box was completely damaged. It was smashed and the bag I paid for to keep the dress in was covered in black fingerprints and just wadded up inside the box with my dress. I was in tears! Horrible experience and I will never buy from David's again!!!

[Private]

I went to Davids Bridal on 965 Baltimore pike with absolutely no clue on what I wanted for a wedding dress or for my bridesmaids dresses. I had three consultants I was indecisive about everything and I even made a mistake and bought a wedding dress not thinking clearly. I called the store and spoke with (Ms. Lauren) and she was able to take care of me and my big mistake. I had so much support from three ladies I felt like they were Charlie's angels???? ( Ms. Yvonne) she is so understanding and patient. She gives it to you straight like it is no chaser!! She was able to handle my very picky mother and grandmother with ease, she allowed them to have a say so but put them in their place when needed so that I could have my moment. When she was unavailable she left me in great hands (Ms. Melissa) who was very down the earth and patient. I now have my dress that I love and I'm working on the rest of my bridesmaids dresses one more to go and I look forward to working with Davids bridal and my three Angels a lot more!!!! ????? up to Davids bridal....

1.9

I went in to Davids Bridal Lake Grove, NY to get a bridesmaid dress for my best friends wedding and in the process I found my wedding dress. My experience in the store was OK, I'm pretty self reliant so it didn't bother me that they weren't really around when I was trying anything on, I honestly find that annoying because I know they are just trying to get a sale. After I purchased my dress I figured I'd have my bridesmaids order their dresses there as well because it's inexpensive compared to other bridal salons. When my sister went to go order her dress she clearly stated the size she needed but when they read the order back they failed to mentioned the size and when my sister said, " you order the sized 10 right ?" she said, "oh I put size 8." Almost as if she did it on purpose. Then when the rest of my bridesmaids went to go order their dresses they discontinued the color.. HOW DO YOU DISCONTINUE SILVER? but they said oh the mercury is VERY similar.. that was a complete lie the mercury was way too dark. Thankfully my sister is my MOH so she can look different from everyone else and in turn I had to argue to get them to return the mercury dresses that were ordered so the bridesmaids can reorder in canary. They also put my bridesmaids dress information for my friends wedding under my account and her bridesmaid dress for my wedding under her wedding account. That was a quick fix but seriously couldn't you be a little more organized. Finally when I order my bridesmaid dress for my friends wedding I ordered in Jan, it said it wouldn't be shipped until April, which is fine the wedding is in August. But then in May I had realized that it hadn't been shipped. When I called they had taken down the wrong information for shipping. I needed it shipped to apartment i not apartment 1 so UPS deemed it undeliverable. I called and repeat i not 1 and they said ok we'll change that and reship. Needless to say they didn't change it to i the second time.We're still dealing with this

2.5

Bride dress experience was great in Erie, PA. Very helpful and kind. When we went to get bridesmaid dresses the in store experience was good, but they were very sly with not being able to combine coupon offers. BE AWARE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET AS GOOD OF A DEAL AS YOU THINK! NO COMBINING OFFERS.

2.8

Let me just say that I usually never experience customer service that makes me so upset. I went to David's Bridal to find a dress about a month ago and the lady who helped me find my perfect dress was amazing. I read reviews about this place but didn't take them seriously because the lady was so sweet. My dress finally was delivered so I called to set up an alterations appointment and the lady just hung up on me. I decided to let it go because I planned on coming in to pick up my dress this week and they left a very rude voicemail on my phone for not picking my dress up immediately. The associates in David's Bridal are great, but the ones over the phone severely lack customer service. I cannot wait to just get my dress and be done with them.

Jacqueline
08/01/2015
2.0

Davids Bridal WPB, FL.. Most stressful and overwhelming experience ever. I went in with a vision and knew exactly what fit I wanted. I told the consultant but for some reason she kept bringing me exactly what I didn't want (strapless). At one point i was in a tiny dressing room with 5 poofy dresses that I hated. She didnt take them out and just kept bringing dresses. The consultant that I was assigned to told me she started 3 weeks ago so she didn't know where to find the dresses I wanted. She did not help me zip up dress, I was with my daughter so my daughter helped me. Not once did she listen to what I wanted. I left with nothing.

4.1

Good supply of reasonably priced dresses.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

i had read horrible reviews about davids bridal, but i have to say that my experience was phenomenal! i am someone who doesnt like dresses and being the center of attention. however when i went in for my bridal appointment on saturday february 8th 2014, i was blown away. i had a list of dresses i was interested in, they had four of them in the store, the consultant pulled 3 out and then the stylist they assigned me pulled another 3 out, between the two of them they helped me find the perfect dress. i am very please with it, i got an excellent deal for the dress i got! i want every one who would like a dress to go to the davids bridal in nashua nh and ask for beth and susie!!!! you cant go wrong!

0.0

David's Bridal in Whitehall PA....HORRIBLE HORRIBLE place to go. Made an appointment for bridesmaid dresses and the assoc.(Morgan) was just helping the other lady with her dresses, which she was buying a wedding gown. Made it really clear that I really did not matter since I was not getting a wedding gown, like me and my girls were nothing. Even then when I was looking at wedding gowns place was still horrible and did not even get dresses for me. My girls and I went and got them and my sister helped me put them on. Telling everyone I know that is getting married now and in the future never to use this place because how horrible customer service was. Went to Alfred Anglos for my gown and my girls dresses and LOVE everything about them. Assoc. really seemed to care about you and what you wanted. Made you feel special.

0.0

I am extremely mad and upset about my current experience with David's Bridal. My wedding is June 6th of 2015...My girls all ordered their dresses in the beginning of January. About 2 weeks later I called just to make sure everything was good to go and when I asked if there were any bridesmaids that didn't order.. They named off 3 of my bridesmaids and said they hadn't been in (which I knew they had been).. I asked her to please search their system by their names instead of under my wedding. Luckily they found them! Under a bride in ARIZONA, and a completely different dress had been ordered! Thank god they were also running behind on submitting orders and had not finalized the orders yet! We were initially told that this dress has a 14-16 week lead time and that although it would be cutting it close to the wedding that their alterations department has an extremely fast turn around and that they would do any alterations that needed to be done on the dresses before the wedding. ... I had called yesterday to check on the dresses to see if the estimated date had changed at all ( which it did not.. I have dresses coming on May 14th!) They then proceeded to tell me that their alterations department is completely booked through the end of June and there isn't anything they could do about it, so they could not do the alterations to the dresses as they said.. So in the process of talking with them on the phone about this, the consultant I spoke with then began to have an attitude and be extremely rude to me. How is it my fault that you are so backed up and cannot fulfill what you said you would do?! SO now my girls will have to scramble to get their dresses and then find someone who can do the alterations since they now cannot be done at David's bridal.. I am extremely upset, mad and disappointed with the experience I have had with them.. I will NEVER recommend anyone to David's Bridal Again! This all is happening right now at the Toledo Ohio Location. I hope someone higher u

0.3

On March 16, I went on line and chose a few dresses which were available in the store. I scheduled the appointment and went into the store two days later. None of the dresses were available. I was told some of them were only online even though the website had clearly stated in those cases they were only available in the store. I went home very dissatisfied...a wasted trip. Went online and bought a completely different dress from the ones I saved as favorites. Well, my item arrived and when I tried it on, the color seemed a little off. So I went online and looked at my receipt and compared it to the invoice in the package. While I chose 'white' David's Bridal chose to send me 'Medium White' and I sent an email immediately. Waited for days (3-5 business days) and got no reply. Since they have deliberately omitted a Customer Service number from their website, I had to search for it. When I found it, I was on hold for over 30 minutes, and hang up. I called again and reached the Corporate Receptionist 'Seqora' (I hope that is the right spelling). She was very professional and nice. She took down my information and promised to get someone to get back to me. This was Friday, March 27. I came out of the movie theater on Saturday evening and found out that Tiwanna from CS had called me at 7:51pm. Their offices close at 6pm, and since she didn't leave an extension, I had to wait till Monday to call. I called but the Corporate receptionist (a man this time), transferred me to CS. I was on hold for several minutes. I hang up and called back, and I narrated everything I had been through but this receptionist told me several other people had the same problem and beside CS, there was nothing he could do. I told him not to transfer me to CS and he didn't say anything to me and transferred me to CS. I decided to try to leave a message but the message box/VM was full. I called him back and he told me, he didn't have to give me his name. When you tweet, they hide it! Avoid them!

0.7

I don't even know where to begin. The horrible service, or general lack thereof, was appalling. I will NEVER step foot in a David’s Bridal again. Seriously ladies, DONT EVEN BOTHER! You won’t get the dress-buying experience you dreamed of. I didn’t end up buying my dress from DB because of my experiences but still had to resort to getting bridal party dresses here. In total, I visited 3 separate stores and the service was the same at all of them. You walk in the door, where the greeter is totally disorganized & doesn’t seem to realize you have an appointment. Then you spend an hour, just waiting to catch the attention of the person who is supposed to be helping you. The associates are rude, inattentive, and mostly absent. One had her nose stuck up at me the whole time I was there, and they just seem to want your money, and have no interest in giving you good advice or recommendations. No matter how hideous a dress is, they’ll always say it looks perfect, which is total crap! I put on dresses I knew looked ugly, but they still complemented me? I hate when people lie to me, & it’s certainly not something I appreciate when it comes to my wedding. When you’re in the dressing room, it’s hell trying to get their attention – god forbid you want a different dress or a different size - it’s like pulling teeth! They never seem to know anything about the products they’re selling, and it took ridiculous amounts of time to get the answer to “Does this dress come in Navy?” One even tried to sell me on the idea that royal blue is the same color as navy, which it REALLY isn’t. Once I ordered dresses, I got no confirmation or anything so it’s impossible to know if the order even went through. Then they only give you 7 days to pick it up, which is incredibly inconvenient when they are located so far away. Finally, there was a huge lack of communication with the dresses that almost ended up in one dress not being picked up in time. I had far better experiences everywhere else!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

They were very friendly and helpful. I had an appointment last Friday but had to cancel it Friday morning due to my mom being admitted to the hospital. They were very understanding and rescheduled it for the following week. I had Michelle as a stylist when I arrived with my group. She was very sweet. I told her my budget and she didn't push me to spend more and treated me the same as if I was spending thousands. She was patient with me as well. I was pretty sure the first dress I tried on was the one but she encouraged me to try on more to know for sure. I explained to her I had another appointment at Js bridal and Jons bridal. She held the dress for me while I went to the other places. I had horrible experiences at other places and about 8 hours later went back to Davids bridal and got my dream dress that I fell in love with. I rung the bell and everyone cheered. I loved my experience and would recommend them to everyone. I was skeptical due to the reviews I had read but I'm so glad I gave them a chance.

Trish
Recently Married
0.4

I was a bridesmaid for a wedding recently. The girl who helped us even yelled at us because she didn't tell us where to try the dresses on but apparently had assigned dressing rooms without telling us. She yelled all the girls sizes out and treated the bride like she was a chore and inconvenience. Its a very assembly-line feeling when you are there. When I ordered my dress, it fit fine, even with a little extra room. When it arrived, it didn't fit at all. My weight was the same, so I didn't understand why it was so different. I called them and told them the wedding was 2 weeks away and it doesn't fit right as it did in the store. They simply said, "well...you can call the other stores in the country and get it shipped to you in a different size. Good luck." HORRIBLE customer service! I had to order the dress from CO (I live in PA) over-nighted to ensure I had a dress for the wedding. Well the next size was just too big everywhere. I basically just stopped eating and hit the gym double time until the wedding to fit into the original dress.
There is a 14 day return policy. However, NOT for anything but online orders. You need to go online and get a return code as soon as you get the dress (if you order online) so that you can send it back if its bad (and it will be). If you order the dress in store and it comes to you being awful, forget about that money because they will NOT return any money or help you at all. "All sales are final" on all dresses. Probably because they know the poor quality of the dresses and would lose too much money if they allowed returns. I know for my wedding that I will not look for a bridal gown there, especially if they can't even handle bridesmaid dresses.
DO NOT GO TO DAVIDS BRIDAL!!!!!!!!!

Recently Married
2.1

I made an appointment at DB in Greenville, SC. My mother and I showed up about 5 minutes early. Our consultant was nowhere to be found, and they had to page her SEVERAL times to even get her to the front to meet us. I was prepared with a list of 6 style numbers that I wanted to try on. She pulled 4 of them and told me that's all I could try on. She left me in the fitting room for so long, I managed to try each dress on with no help at all. My mother and I were about to leave, and she finally approached us to see how things were coming along. We told her we were leaving, that we hadn't really found anything. I guess her shift was over, because she was out the door on our heels.

I made another appointment in Greensboro, NC. Again, it took my consultant about half an hour to begin assisting me. Once she did, she was very friendly and helpful. I ended up ordering my wedding gown that day.

My opinion of DB's customer service had ALMOST changed, until I received a call a couple of weeks later saying my gown was in and needed to be picked up within 3 days. This was the week of Christmas. They refused to hold it a reasonable amount of time for me, even after I was originally told that the gown would take 12 weeks to arrive.

In addition, the account DB created for my bridesmaids is a disaster. Some of my bridesmaids names were entered incorrectly, and other DB locations are failing to update my account as my bridesmaids are ordering their dresses. To top it off, I found out that DB had the WRONG bridesmaids dress on file. Thank God I figured it out before anyone ordered the wrong dress, considering DB doesn't accept returns.

Now, I am receiving emails from DB addressed to my sister. They can't even keep track of who their customers are!

I chose to use DB out of convenience- my bridesmaids are scattered across the country. If I could do it all over again, I would shop anywhere but David'S.