Davids Bridal

Davids Bridal

San diego, CA
619.220.8008
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

2.0
2.4
Flexibility
1.8
1.8

I made an appointment at David's Bridal in Erie, PA since that was one of my only options and that is where everyone around here goes. I have a certain style that I wanted and I wanted to see if I like any of the dresses that they had in that style. But I also let her know that I wanted to try on 1 or 2 of a couple different styles JUST to make sure I was sure about my style that I wanted. So I assumed we would be there for an hour or so which sounded fun, since this was my first time trying on gowns! The consultant that helped me grabbed FOUR dresses each of a different style and rushed me in and out of the fitting room. When I would come out with a dress on, she would be gone and not listening to my opinion of it. Isn't that what they're there for? To find out what you like and don't like? Then she would come back, rush me out of the dress and into another and leave again. After those 4 dresses (20 minutes) she told me that we now know the "style" I wanted and we can come back another day to try on all the ones in that style, and rushed us out the door. I know my wedding is 20 months away, but that's a really good way to ruin an experience for a bride. She knew she wasn't getting a sale that day so she gave me no attention and just rushed me in and out. I'm never going back there again. I'll go all the way to Pittsburgh to find my perfect dress. Also, they didn't have much of a selection in each style. This place STUNK!

1.6

Clive, Iowa - My experience with David's Bridal AFTER buying the dress has been absolutely horrible. I went in and had a great time trying on dresses, my consultant was great and really down to earth. I made a plan in the store to have it fitted once the dress came in and then again in July. Once I had my fitting in July, they were going to ship it to my mom's in Florida as that is where the wedding is being held. All was fine and dandy until I gave them my money. My dress came in and I got a call that I needed to come pick it up. I spoke with a lady on the phone and explained to her my plan of having them keep it and then shipping it over the summer. (Not sure why this wasn't in their notes, as it was all set up ahead of time.) The lady was very rude and said "well we can do that for you, but you will need to set up an appointment to come try it on." Everything was ok when I hung up and not even a week later I got another call from a different person stating I needed to come pick up my dress within the week. I called yet again and explained my situation, this time they told me that is not a service they provide. I could come in and have it shipped that day, or else it would need to be picked up and once it is picked up from their store, they will not ship it. I made a last minute appointment to try it on and ship it (same day) and when I got to the store, they had no record of me making an appointment. The consultant listened to my story and said "well let me go back and see if I can find your dress." Not something you say to a pissed off bride who has been given the run around!!!! They shipped my dress that day, I had to call back 4 days later to get a tracking number and when it arrived at my mom's, the box was completely damaged. It was smashed and the bag I paid for to keep the dress in was covered in black fingerprints and just wadded up inside the box with my dress. I was in tears! Horrible experience and I will never buy from David's again!!!

[Private]

I went to Davids Bridal on 965 Baltimore pike with absolutely no clue on what I wanted for a wedding dress or for my bridesmaids dresses. I had three consultants I was indecisive about everything and I even made a mistake and bought a wedding dress not thinking clearly. I called the store and spoke with (Ms. Lauren) and she was able to take care of me and my big mistake. I had so much support from three ladies I felt like they were Charlie's angels???? ( Ms. Yvonne) she is so understanding and patient. She gives it to you straight like it is no chaser!! She was able to handle my very picky mother and grandmother with ease, she allowed them to have a say so but put them in their place when needed so that I could have my moment. When she was unavailable she left me in great hands (Ms. Melissa) who was very down the earth and patient. I now have my dress that I love and I'm working on the rest of my bridesmaids dresses one more to go and I look forward to working with Davids bridal and my three Angels a lot more!!!! ????? up to Davids bridal....

2.5

Bride dress experience was great in Erie, PA. Very helpful and kind. When we went to get bridesmaid dresses the in store experience was good, but they were very sly with not being able to combine coupon offers. BE AWARE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET AS GOOD OF A DEAL AS YOU THINK! NO COMBINING OFFERS.

Jacqueline
08/01/2015
2.0

Davids Bridal WPB, FL.. Most stressful and overwhelming experience ever. I went in with a vision and knew exactly what fit I wanted. I told the consultant but for some reason she kept bringing me exactly what I didn't want (strapless). At one point i was in a tiny dressing room with 5 poofy dresses that I hated. She didnt take them out and just kept bringing dresses. The consultant that I was assigned to told me she started 3 weeks ago so she didn't know where to find the dresses I wanted. She did not help me zip up dress, I was with my daughter so my daughter helped me. Not once did she listen to what I wanted. I left with nothing.

4.1

Good supply of reasonably priced dresses.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

i had read horrible reviews about davids bridal, but i have to say that my experience was phenomenal! i am someone who doesnt like dresses and being the center of attention. however when i went in for my bridal appointment on saturday february 8th 2014, i was blown away. i had a list of dresses i was interested in, they had four of them in the store, the consultant pulled 3 out and then the stylist they assigned me pulled another 3 out, between the two of them they helped me find the perfect dress. i am very please with it, i got an excellent deal for the dress i got! i want every one who would like a dress to go to the davids bridal in nashua nh and ask for beth and susie!!!! you cant go wrong!

0.0

David's Bridal in Whitehall PA....HORRIBLE HORRIBLE place to go. Made an appointment for bridesmaid dresses and the assoc.(Morgan) was just helping the other lady with her dresses, which she was buying a wedding gown. Made it really clear that I really did not matter since I was not getting a wedding gown, like me and my girls were nothing. Even then when I was looking at wedding gowns place was still horrible and did not even get dresses for me. My girls and I went and got them and my sister helped me put them on. Telling everyone I know that is getting married now and in the future never to use this place because how horrible customer service was. Went to Alfred Anglos for my gown and my girls dresses and LOVE everything about them. Assoc. really seemed to care about you and what you wanted. Made you feel special.

0.0

I am extremely mad and upset about my current experience with David's Bridal. My wedding is June 6th of 2015...My girls all ordered their dresses in the beginning of January. About 2 weeks later I called just to make sure everything was good to go and when I asked if there were any bridesmaids that didn't order.. They named off 3 of my bridesmaids and said they hadn't been in (which I knew they had been).. I asked her to please search their system by their names instead of under my wedding. Luckily they found them! Under a bride in ARIZONA, and a completely different dress had been ordered! Thank god they were also running behind on submitting orders and had not finalized the orders yet! We were initially told that this dress has a 14-16 week lead time and that although it would be cutting it close to the wedding that their alterations department has an extremely fast turn around and that they would do any alterations that needed to be done on the dresses before the wedding. ... I had called yesterday to check on the dresses to see if the estimated date had changed at all ( which it did not.. I have dresses coming on May 14th!) They then proceeded to tell me that their alterations department is completely booked through the end of June and there isn't anything they could do about it, so they could not do the alterations to the dresses as they said.. So in the process of talking with them on the phone about this, the consultant I spoke with then began to have an attitude and be extremely rude to me. How is it my fault that you are so backed up and cannot fulfill what you said you would do?! SO now my girls will have to scramble to get their dresses and then find someone who can do the alterations since they now cannot be done at David's bridal.. I am extremely upset, mad and disappointed with the experience I have had with them.. I will NEVER recommend anyone to David's Bridal Again! This all is happening right now at the Toledo Ohio Location. I hope someone higher u

0.7

I don't even know where to begin. The horrible service, or general lack thereof, was appalling. I will NEVER step foot in a David’s Bridal again. Seriously ladies, DONT EVEN BOTHER! You won’t get the dress-buying experience you dreamed of. I didn’t end up buying my dress from DB because of my experiences but still had to resort to getting bridal party dresses here. In total, I visited 3 separate stores and the service was the same at all of them. You walk in the door, where the greeter is totally disorganized & doesn’t seem to realize you have an appointment. Then you spend an hour, just waiting to catch the attention of the person who is supposed to be helping you. The associates are rude, inattentive, and mostly absent. One had her nose stuck up at me the whole time I was there, and they just seem to want your money, and have no interest in giving you good advice or recommendations. No matter how hideous a dress is, they’ll always say it looks perfect, which is total crap! I put on dresses I knew looked ugly, but they still complemented me? I hate when people lie to me, & it’s certainly not something I appreciate when it comes to my wedding. When you’re in the dressing room, it’s hell trying to get their attention – god forbid you want a different dress or a different size - it’s like pulling teeth! They never seem to know anything about the products they’re selling, and it took ridiculous amounts of time to get the answer to “Does this dress come in Navy?” One even tried to sell me on the idea that royal blue is the same color as navy, which it REALLY isn’t. Once I ordered dresses, I got no confirmation or anything so it’s impossible to know if the order even went through. Then they only give you 7 days to pick it up, which is incredibly inconvenient when they are located so far away. Finally, there was a huge lack of communication with the dresses that almost ended up in one dress not being picked up in time. I had far better experiences everywhere else!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

They were very friendly and helpful. I had an appointment last Friday but had to cancel it Friday morning due to my mom being admitted to the hospital. They were very understanding and rescheduled it for the following week. I had Michelle as a stylist when I arrived with my group. She was very sweet. I told her my budget and she didn't push me to spend more and treated me the same as if I was spending thousands. She was patient with me as well. I was pretty sure the first dress I tried on was the one but she encouraged me to try on more to know for sure. I explained to her I had another appointment at Js bridal and Jons bridal. She held the dress for me while I went to the other places. I had horrible experiences at other places and about 8 hours later went back to Davids bridal and got my dream dress that I fell in love with. I rung the bell and everyone cheered. I loved my experience and would recommend them to everyone. I was skeptical due to the reviews I had read but I'm so glad I gave them a chance.

Trish
05/16/2015
0.4

I was a bridesmaid for a wedding recently. The girl who helped us even yelled at us because she didn't tell us where to try the dresses on but apparently had assigned dressing rooms without telling us. She yelled all the girls sizes out and treated the bride like she was a chore and inconvenience. Its a very assembly-line feeling when you are there. When I ordered my dress, it fit fine, even with a little extra room. When it arrived, it didn't fit at all. My weight was the same, so I didn't understand why it was so different. I called them and told them the wedding was 2 weeks away and it doesn't fit right as it did in the store. They simply said, "well...you can call the other stores in the country and get it shipped to you in a different size. Good luck." HORRIBLE customer service! I had to order the dress from CO (I live in PA) over-nighted to ensure I had a dress for the wedding. Well the next size was just too big everywhere. I basically just stopped eating and hit the gym double time until the wedding to fit into the original dress. There is a 14 day return policy. However, NOT for anything but online orders. You need to go online and get a return code as soon as you get the dress (if you order online) so that you can send it back if its bad (and it will be). If you order the dress in store and it comes to you being awful, forget about that money because they will NOT return any money or help you at all. "All sales are final" on all dresses. Probably because they know the poor quality of the dresses and would lose too much money if they allowed returns. I know for my wedding that I will not look for a bridal gown there, especially if they can't even handle bridesmaid dresses. DO NOT GO TO DAVIDS BRIDAL!!!!!!!!!

2.1

I made an appointment at DB in Greenville, SC. My mother and I showed up about 5 minutes early. Our consultant was nowhere to be found, and they had to page her SEVERAL times to even get her to the front to meet us. I was prepared with a list of 6 style numbers that I wanted to try on. She pulled 4 of them and told me that's all I could try on. She left me in the fitting room for so long, I managed to try each dress on with no help at all. My mother and I were about to leave, and she finally approached us to see how things were coming along. We told her we were leaving, that we hadn't really found anything. I guess her shift was over, because she was out the door on our heels.

I made another appointment in Greensboro, NC. Again, it took my consultant about half an hour to begin assisting me. Once she did, she was very friendly and helpful. I ended up ordering my wedding gown that day.

My opinion of DB's customer service had ALMOST changed, until I received a call a couple of weeks later saying my gown was in and needed to be picked up within 3 days. This was the week of Christmas. They refused to hold it a reasonable amount of time for me, even after I was originally told that the gown would take 12 weeks to arrive.

In addition, the account DB created for my bridesmaids is a disaster. Some of my bridesmaids names were entered incorrectly, and other DB locations are failing to update my account as my bridesmaids are ordering their dresses. To top it off, I found out that DB had the WRONG bridesmaids dress on file. Thank God I figured it out before anyone ordered the wrong dress, considering DB doesn't accept returns.

Now, I am receiving emails from DB addressed to my sister. They can't even keep track of who their customers are!

I chose to use DB out of convenience- my bridesmaids are scattered across the country. If I could do it all over again, I would shop anywhere but David'S.

0.7

Manager Kristin Taylor was very rude and told us she had 45 appointments. We waited 15 minutes to get a dressing room and not one person helped us. When we took our dress to check out the manger Kristin Taylor was not helpful. She told us we could not order the dress my daughter wanted and if we wanted it we would have to purchase the one on the rack with it's faults. Do you want it or not was all she was concerned about because she did not have time for customers who walk in even though my daughter knew which dress she wanted it took two hours and fifteen minutes for any help. Very disappointing and unpleasant.

0.5

I just wanted to say that I had the absolute worst experience at David's Bridal. Getting married is supposed to be the happiest time of your life and unfortunately David's Bridal has put a lot of negativity into my experience. I purchased my wedding dress, 4 bridesmaids dresses, my wedding shoes & much more from David's Bridal. All of my bridesmaids wanted to purchase their shoes there along with a long list of other things that I wanted to purchase there. Last week I was there shopping for a flower girl dress for my niece I got a Facebook message from someone I know. One of the employees at the Nashua NH David's Bridal store was messaging her telling her how when I shop I can't make a decision alone to save my life & also other numerous private things. I was always under the impression that most brides aren't aware of what they want right away and they ask David's Bridal employees or help. Little did I know everything I was saying and doing was being judged, made fun of, and repeated to people who I know outside of David's Bridal all from a David's bridal employee. I am absolutely disgusted and after reporting it to the manager I never heard anything more. I still have hundreds of dollars of things to buy all of which I was going to purchase at David's Bridal and now I feel like taking my business else where. I would never recommend the Nashua New Hampshire store to anyone.

0.0

I went to the D.B. in Beaumont, Texas and it was the worst shopping experience I have ever had. The consultant did not pick any dresses that were even close to the ones I had picked online. She rushed me, and even went so far as to tell us, "after this we will need to speed up a little bit as we are overbooked" (this is when my maid of honor and guests were taking pictures of the ones I was trying on. I didn't start trying on dresses until about 11:15-11:20 and was completely done by 11:48. I am furious with this store. I also reminded her of my budget, 3 different times, and she still never brought me a dress that was in my range. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, WILL NOT BE SPENDING MY MONEY WITH DAVID'S BRIDAL EVERRRRRRR!!!