Davids Bridal

Davids Bridal

Favorite
San Diego, CA
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

2.0
2.4
Flexibility
1.8
0.5

I had a horrible experience at David's bridal. I was trying on dressing and everything went fine. Then I said I liked the one I had on and wanted to buy it. The lady said that was fine except that it was a discontinued dress and the only way that I could get the dress was to by the exact one I had on. I was skeptical of this but the consultant told me they would clean in and make sure that the dress was perfect. So I purchase the dress and was given a date to pick up the dress. By this date the dress was supposed to be cleaned and gone over by a seamstress to make sure everything was okay. I go into the store after that date and they haven't gotten a chance to clean it yet, no big deal my wedding isn't until next october Ill come back another day. I get a call saying the dress is ready I go in to get it and they still haven't gotten to it. I am a little frustrated at this point but same thing Ill come back again. Then today I get another call saying my dress is ready I go there to pick it up, and for the third time it still was not cleaned and ready. I am so frustrated I feel like these people have no idea what is going on, and I am afraid that they will never have my dress ready. I would never go there again, and would give 0 stars if I could

1.8

I made an appointment at David's Bridal in Erie, PA since that was one of my only options and that is where everyone around here goes. I have a certain style that I wanted and I wanted to see if I like any of the dresses that they had in that style. But I also let her know that I wanted to try on 1 or 2 of a couple different styles JUST to make sure I was sure about my style that I wanted. So I assumed we would be there for an hour or so which sounded fun, since this was my first time trying on gowns! The consultant that helped me grabbed FOUR dresses each of a different style and rushed me in and out of the fitting room. When I would come out with a dress on, she would be gone and not listening to my opinion of it. Isn't that what they're there for? To find out what you like and don't like? Then she would come back, rush me out of the dress and into another and leave again. After those 4 dresses (20 minutes) she told me that we now know the "style" I wanted and we can come back another day to try on all the ones in that style, and rushed us out the door. I know my wedding is 20 months away, but that's a really good way to ruin an experience for a bride. She knew she wasn't getting a sale that day so she gave me no attention and just rushed me in and out. I'm never going back there again. I'll go all the way to Pittsburgh to find my perfect dress. Also, they didn't have much of a selection in each style. This place STUNK!

2.0

David's Bridal was the worst place out of everywhere I went to look at dresses. We went in just wanting to look around and see what they had, not really wanting to try on a bunch of stuff. We didn't make an appointment and they were rude about that. When we got in, my family went and looked around at dresses while I filled out the paperwork. The consultant got mad at them for that. Then when I told her my dress size and bra size she told me that was not right and insisted on bringing me a different size. Low and behold the bra she brought me was way too small and the dresses wouldn't zip up. I knew exactly what style of dress I wanted, but this consultant kept bringing the dresses that she said she loved. They were nothing that I wanted and everytime she asked me to rate them I would give them a one or two. This consultant was only concerned with her own tastes and thought she knew better than I did. I wouldn't waste time going to David's bridal. Go have a special experience at a boutique where they do everything to get you exactly what you want. The dresses at David's were cheap looking compared to other boutiques that were priced the same. I was almost embarrassed to come out in those dresses.

1.3

I bought a bridesmaids dress from David's bridal and it had to be ordered and shipped to the store. When I picked it up it fit fine but was really wrinkly, way too wrinkled for me to wear to the wedding. So I called and asked if they would steam it for me and they said yes but that it would cost $15. I don't think I should have to pay more to make the dress wearable. I just bought a brand new dress that I can't wear until I give them more money to steam it? Very unhappy with this store.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I went to David's Bridal in Rhawnhurst on July 9th, 2015. I had a wonderful experience. Rosemarie waited on me and was very patient, kind, and professional. She helped me get in and out of each dress. I wanted something nice for a 15 year wedding anniversary vow renewal in St. Lucia. I had not idea there would be so many to pick from. I'm an 18-20W and did find a 20W that was perfect. It's ivory, with a lace cap sleeve and the lace wraps around to the back and has a diamond shape cutout. It's long and will need a hem but is give the illusion of a small flowing ruffle coming down the left side. $199.00 perfect! But I felt I could dress it up a little bit so I found a satin sash with crystals on the front and that make it spectacular! Then since I don't like to show my arms, I found a lace jacket with elbow length sleeves, and the lace blended in with the lace on the dress, and the jacket comes down far enough on the waist to hide things as well. Don't be afraid to try things with it. I also purchased a small ivory flower that has some pearls and crystals sprinkled here and there. Perfect!!!! I could not be any happier, and Rosemarie was just great to deal with. I would go there again if I need an evening dress or gown.

Tiffany
0.5

I am extremely disappointed in this company. The day I tried on dresses, I picked out a beautiful dress and was very happy with it, and the person who helped me find it was wonderful. However, it was all downhill from there... I had ordered some accessories online and when they came, they were garbage. The earrings were defectively made and the purse looked like something you'd give a child to play with. I tried to return them and according to their policy, they will not take returns in their store and you have to send it back to their warehouse at your own expense within 2 weeks/no exceptions. I emailed them through their help center and didn't even get an automated response.

So then my dress comes... and I try it on at my alterations appointment. Again, the person who was helping me was lovely, however the dress was not. The delicate design of beading and lace on the front wasn't at all the same quality of the original dress that I had tried on. We brought out the dress I had tried on to compare, and the design down the front that should have been symmetrical was crooked and sloppy. It looked like my dress was off of the discount/defective rack. Some of the beading was falling off and there were already some snags in the lace. At a price of $1350 + tax and then some over-priced accessories, you can imagine that the once ecstatic bride is now crushed by disappointment. Now we ordered another dress, but I really have low expectations after seeing the first dress they sent. And furthermore, that dress sat in their store for a month and nobody even inspected it for me for quality control purposes.

If I could do it all again, I wouldn't have gone to David's Bridal at all. The only redeeming factor is the in-store service, the people they hire are very nice and helpful. It is too bad they are bound to such crappy policies and low quality merchandise, because they ultimately are the ones to have to deal with angry customers.

Services Used: Dress & Attire, Jewelry
1.6

Clive, Iowa - My experience with David's Bridal AFTER buying the dress has been absolutely horrible. I went in and had a great time trying on dresses, my consultant was great and really down to earth. I made a plan in the store to have it fitted once the dress came in and then again in July. Once I had my fitting in July, they were going to ship it to my mom's in Florida as that is where the wedding is being held. All was fine and dandy until I gave them my money. My dress came in and I got a call that I needed to come pick it up. I spoke with a lady on the phone and explained to her my plan of having them keep it and then shipping it over the summer. (Not sure why this wasn't in their notes, as it was all set up ahead of time.) The lady was very rude and said "well we can do that for you, but you will need to set up an appointment to come try it on." Everything was ok when I hung up and not even a week later I got another call from a different person stating I needed to come pick up my dress within the week. I called yet again and explained my situation, this time they told me that is not a service they provide. I could come in and have it shipped that day, or else it would need to be picked up and once it is picked up from their store, they will not ship it. I made a last minute appointment to try it on and ship it (same day) and when I got to the store, they had no record of me making an appointment. The consultant listened to my story and said "well let me go back and see if I can find your dress." Not something you say to a pissed off bride who has been given the run around!!!! They shipped my dress that day, I had to call back 4 days later to get a tracking number and when it arrived at my mom's, the box was completely damaged. It was smashed and the bag I paid for to keep the dress in was covered in black fingerprints and just wadded up inside the box with my dress. I was in tears! Horrible experience and I will never buy from David's again!!!

[Private]

I went to Davids Bridal on 965 Baltimore pike with absolutely no clue on what I wanted for a wedding dress or for my bridesmaids dresses. I had three consultants I was indecisive about everything and I even made a mistake and bought a wedding dress not thinking clearly. I called the store and spoke with (Ms. Lauren) and she was able to take care of me and my big mistake. I had so much support from three ladies I felt like they were Charlie's angels???? ( Ms. Yvonne) she is so understanding and patient. She gives it to you straight like it is no chaser!! She was able to handle my very picky mother and grandmother with ease, she allowed them to have a say so but put them in their place when needed so that I could have my moment. When she was unavailable she left me in great hands (Ms. Melissa) who was very down the earth and patient. I now have my dress that I love and I'm working on the rest of my bridesmaids dresses one more to go and I look forward to working with Davids bridal and my three Angels a lot more!!!! ????? up to Davids bridal....

1.9

I went in to Davids Bridal Lake Grove, NY to get a bridesmaid dress for my best friends wedding and in the process I found my wedding dress. My experience in the store was OK, I'm pretty self reliant so it didn't bother me that they weren't really around when I was trying anything on, I honestly find that annoying because I know they are just trying to get a sale. After I purchased my dress I figured I'd have my bridesmaids order their dresses there as well because it's inexpensive compared to other bridal salons. When my sister went to go order her dress she clearly stated the size she needed but when they read the order back they failed to mentioned the size and when my sister said, " you order the sized 10 right ?" she said, "oh I put size 8." Almost as if she did it on purpose. Then when the rest of my bridesmaids went to go order their dresses they discontinued the color.. HOW DO YOU DISCONTINUE SILVER? but they said oh the mercury is VERY similar.. that was a complete lie the mercury was way too dark. Thankfully my sister is my MOH so she can look different from everyone else and in turn I had to argue to get them to return the mercury dresses that were ordered so the bridesmaids can reorder in canary. They also put my bridesmaids dress information for my friends wedding under my account and her bridesmaid dress for my wedding under her wedding account. That was a quick fix but seriously couldn't you be a little more organized. Finally when I order my bridesmaid dress for my friends wedding I ordered in Jan, it said it wouldn't be shipped until April, which is fine the wedding is in August. But then in May I had realized that it hadn't been shipped. When I called they had taken down the wrong information for shipping. I needed it shipped to apartment i not apartment 1 so UPS deemed it undeliverable. I called and repeat i not 1 and they said ok we'll change that and reship. Needless to say they didn't change it to i the second time.We're still dealing with this

[Private]

If you're shopping at David's of Orange, CT ask for Tessa or Zakita!!!
My experience with David's Bridal exceeded my expectations. I came in unsure of what would look good on me and what would be appropriate for my destination wedding in DR. I initially purchased a beautiful gown but once I got home I realized it was too much taffeta and dress for a beach wedding and I needed to find something else.

Tessa was PHENOMENAL because she knew exactly what I wanted event though I wasn't sure how to express it. She found the perfect gowns and I loved them and ended up buying the perfect dress that same night. The store was about to close and not once did she make me feel rushed. To top things off Zakita was super helpful in assisting me at the end and during checkout. Both ladies possess great customer service skills but they are experts at what they do!

M.S.

0.5

My bridesmaid ordered her dress in April 2015 for my wedding in October 2015 from David's Bridal. The style of dress I chose takes a long time to come in, so I made sure all of my girls got their orders in early. My bridesmaid went in to be sized, tried the dress on, and then ordered and paid for the dress...pretty typical process. She hadn't heard anything from the David's Bridal, so she called to check on the order. David's Bridal told her that the order had never been processed and that if she were wanting to order the dress is wouldn't come in until December! Are you kidding me? I spoke with three different David's Bridal employees including the manager and none of them were helpful. They had a "this is your fault, not mine" attitude and were not owning up to their mistake. Now my original vision for my wedding is ruined and I have to figure out on my own what my bridesmaid is going to wear with less than 8 weeks to go!!

0.4

Terrible customer service!!! I ordered a belt online for my maid of honor to wear on my wedding day. When it arrived, it was damaged. I brought it to a store hoping to exchange for a belt that was not damaged but they do not accept any returns from online, as apparently they are 2 different "stores". How inconvenient!! Now I have tried to call & email the online customer service team & either no on responds or answers the phone, or you are put on hold forever!! The belt was less expensive than most places but was not cheap. It has been over a month now that I have been trying to reach them, with no luck. I am beyond frustrated & will never use or recommend them to anyone.

1.0

They are not flexible with alterations. I purchased a beautiful dress from David's Bridal and was not informed about their rigid alteration policies. I am a petite bride and needed at least 6 inches removed from the hem. At the alterations appointment they informed me that they only took off what is needed at the front and taper to the train. They would not remove the 6 inches from the train as well due to "corporate policy", so I am now stuck with a much longer train than I ever imagined or desired and this dress now does not resemble the picture on their website. I feel like I payed the full price for only half the job. The only solution they can offer is to pay more for bustling, but I do not want to be bustled during the ceremony. If I would have known this would happen, I would not have purchased this dress from them or had alterations done by their staff.

0.8

Apparently, there is a lesson to be learned here. We did not spend a year planning for our wedding, and it is coming up in September. I don't have a great deal of time to work with, so I went to David's website to find a dress. I found one I loved, paid close attention to the measurements of the size available, carefully took my measurements (I take measurements often, being in the health and fitness business). I ordered my dress according to the size chart on the site. The dress should have fit me perfectly. I was excited to put it on today! It fell right to the floor. The dress

Recently Married
2.5

Bride dress experience was great in Erie, PA. Very helpful and kind. When we went to get bridesmaid dresses the in store experience was good, but they were very sly with not being able to combine coupon offers. BE AWARE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET AS GOOD OF A DEAL AS YOU THINK! NO COMBINING OFFERS.

Recently Married
2.8

Let me just say that I usually never experience customer service that makes me so upset. I went to David's Bridal to find a dress about a month ago and the lady who helped me find my perfect dress was amazing. I read reviews about this place but didn't take them seriously because the lady was so sweet. My dress finally was delivered so I called to set up an alterations appointment and the lady just hung up on me. I decided to let it go because I planned on coming in to pick up my dress this week and they left a very rude voicemail on my phone for not picking my dress up immediately. The associates in David's Bridal are great, but the ones over the phone severely lack customer service. I cannot wait to just get my dress and be done with them.