Davids Bridal

• Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
i had read horrible reviews about davids bridal, but i have to say that my experience was phenomenal! i am someone who doesnt like dresses and being the center of attention. however when i went in for my bridal appointment on saturday february 8th 2014, i was blown away. i had a list of dresses i was interested in, they had four of them in the store, the consultant pulled 3 out and then the stylist they assigned me pulled another 3 out, between the two of them they helped me find the perfect dress. i am very please with it, i got an excellent deal for the dress i got! i want every one who would like a dress to go to the davids bridal in nashua nh and ask for beth and susie!!!! you cant go wrong!
Wedding: 07/11/2015
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5

Trish 1 Reviews
I was a bridesmaid for a wedding recently. The girl who helped us even yelled at us because she didn't tell us where to try the dresses on but apparently had assigned dressing rooms without telling us. She yelled all the girls sizes out and treated the bride like she was a chore and inconvenience. Its a very assembly-line feeling when you are there. When I ordered my dress, it fit fine, even with a little extra room. When it arrived, it didn't fit at all. My weight was the same, so I didn't understand why it was so different. I called them and told them the wedding was 2 weeks away and it doesn't fit right as it did in the store. They simply said, "well...you can call the other stores in the country and get it shipped to you in a different size. Good luck." HORRIBLE customer service! I had to order the dress from CO (I live in PA) over-nighted to ensure I had a dress for the wedding. Well the next size was just too big everywhere. I basically just stopped eating and hit the gym double time until the wedding to fit into the original dress.
There is a 14 day return policy. However, NOT for anything but online orders. You need to go online and get a return code as soon as you get the dress (if you order online) so that you can send it back if its bad (and it will be). If you order the dress in store and it comes to you being awful, forget about that money because they will NOT return any money or help you at all. "All sales are final" on all dresses. Probably because they know the poor quality of the dresses and would lose too much money if they allowed returns. I know for my wedding that I will not look for a bridal gown there, especially if they can't even handle bridesmaid dresses.
DO NOT GO TO DAVIDS BRIDAL!!!!!!!!!
Wedding: 05/16/2015
1.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I recently bought my wedding dress from Davids bridal. When I went into the store in August I knew exactly what dress I wanted and also had picked out the bridesmaid dress's all on line. So the sales person didn't really have to do much except get the dress's off the rack. I tried on my dress and loved it just like I thought I'd would so than two of my bridesmaids tried on the dress I picked out for them. I decided that all of this would work amazing and purchased my dress. The sales person informed US that we would receive 20 off of the bridesmaid dress's because I purchased my dress there. That sounded great because the dress was originally 189.99 and was on sale for 149.99. Therefore with an additional 20 bucks off that would make the dress's affordable for my bridesmaids! Well when I went back in with all 8 of my bridesmaids this past weekend we were told (this is after we altered the color and I picked out my veil) that because the dress was already discounted to the 149.99 that we could not have anything additional off the dress's. After explaining to the sales person that, that was not what we were told, she eventually got a manager. I explained the to the manager what I was told for pricing on this dress and that two of my bridesmaids were also with me when I was told that the dress was 129.99. The manager was rude and didn't do anything for us. I even told her that I would take my business elsewhere, but she didn't seem to care. Totally fruastrating because I was completely set on this dress and veil, so I went ahead with the purchase, but I can guarantee that I will never recommend David's Bridal to anyone again!
Wedding: 02/14/2015
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Private User 2 Reviews
This was a stressful experience!! The consultants were nice, but they kept bringing me dresses that were out of my budget!!
1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  1.5
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I was stunned at the lack of professional decorum at David's Bridal on Fayetteville Road in Durham, NC. The employees seemed harried and unconcerned about making the experience enjoyable and special. Two of the young women attending us used extremely bad language. Several had body piercings and tattoos. Worst of all, they knew nothing about garment construction. David's had obviously put no time into training their employees. When I asked for a Princess Line dress, I got only blank stares. They did not know anything about garment construction or fabrics. It was an impersonal, factory line approach to a wedding where far from being treasured the bride was subjected to bullying!
Wedding: 10/11/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
I had a terrible experience when I was trying to find my wedding dress. I have never planned a wedding before nor have I helped plan one before... So the experience is a new one. When I went to David's bridal I felt extremely rushed and was ambushed by several of the staff members including my consultant, the manager, another consultant and the seamstress. I did not have any time to myself to think and was told that if I did not purchase it that day, the dress that I liked will not be there the next time because it was a big seller. Because of all these factors I decided that I should just purchase the dress. I felt that they were extremely unprofessional during this time due to the fact that this is a big purchase and a huge decision for a very important life event for myself. I felt that they we're not understanding and rude.

This was the David's bridal in York, Pennsylvania.
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I am very pleased with the services I received from David's Bridal in Castleton, Indiana. I made an appointment and even though the store was very busy that day the customer service was awesome. She was patient and asked plenty of questions making sure that I received exactly what I was looking for.
I liked the fact the children can come seeing how most of the bridal shops around here do not allow children on the floor. I have shopped for months to find my dress and I found everything I was looking for at David's Bridal, both value and quality.
Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Do not go to Davids Bridal! My experience was horrible. First of all all of the employees were very rude! This is the first place I tried on dresses, although my mom loved a ball gown I tried on I said a hundred times I wanted a mermaid. My consultant tried so hard to get me to purchase the ball gown she didn't listen to what I wanted at all. When I left without purchasing a dress the consultant pouted and acted like I kicked her puppy. I believe her name was Elian. Completely unprofessional!!!! I did not want to go back for my bridesmaids dresses but my bridesmaids really wanted to check it out and ended up finding a dress they loved. I was reluctant to order because of my bad experience. One of my girls got their dress, and my other girls waited about a month, but when they went to order the dress was discontinued and we couldn't get it. Why would you let us order a dress that is being discontinued in a month, or why wouldn't you give us a heads up? When I spoke to them about it they made me feel like it was my fault for not knowing it was being discontinued they were so rude I just dont even wanna do business with them for any reason ever again. We can't get our money back so I'm just going to give my girl the money she lost and cut my losses. I'm going somewhere else. I cant stand davids bridal and I would not recommend them to anyone!
Wedding: 08/09/2014
1.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Private User 1 Reviews
Well I went to Davids bridal because I have heard great things.......yea well my experience was not so great. When I first went there I had a very nice and caring bridal consultant she was so helpful and just amazing the way she matched my veil to the dress and so much more very laid back and fun she made me very comfortable. But then when I go in a few weeks later to try on more dress's my consultant told me she was being let go. When I asked her why she explained her "boss" was not a nice woman and didn't like her from the moment she started working there wich made me very upset because she really was/is amazing I was very said to find out she was leaving and angry that her boss didn't know how to be a grown woman at her age ugh so I went back again a few weeks later and was put with this snappy rude woman I was very uncomfortable to say the least and this happened 2 more times so I decided I would get my bridesmaids dress's there but NOT MY DRESS and I wound up finding my dress somewhere else I'm just not happy at all with my experience there and I wouldn't suggest anyone get there gown there!

Private User 1 Reviews
Do not go to David's Bridal! My daughter ordered her dress from there and when it came in it was so wrinkled that my daughter said "it looked like a dog slept on in." The tag was worn and her veil looked like it had been balled up and stuck in a bag. We believe that David's searched their inventory and sent her a sample dress in her size from another store. They should not be allowed to pass off a used dress as new. Fortunately for us we did not take the gown so they issued a refund. Beware! if you leave the store with your product, you are on your own. Their staff was rude and made no effort to make her feel better. No bride deserves this treatment.
0.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0

Private User 1 Reviews
By telling me to "suck it in" twice I was not very happy with the rude behavior of the alterations department. I am not a large person by any means and was very offended. I will NOT be returning to David's Bridal nor will I be referring any of my family and friends there for any type of business. Also, I feel that $60 for a hemline adjustment is outrageous! Please tell your staff to be more kind as the whole world is not always rude.
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I didn't know what I wanted, and I've never tried on a wedding dress. My budget was 2000$, and so my sister made the appt for me. The sales lady was 30 min delayed due to an appointment that went over. I was absolutally ok with the fact that another bride was getting a dress, so I waited for her. However, when she and the manager came up to me, they gave me 15 minutes to try on dresses. I tried on two dresses, I explained what I wanted, "I did not want my breasts hanging out." The manager told me that I wouldn't find anything like that there, as dresses were suppose to show off a womans assets. I left when I was trying on a dress and I heard the manager tell my sister that my neices who were 8 months old were in the way. I left, with no desire to wear a wedding dress for my wedding. I was told lader by a small private briadal shop that they serve all the "David's Bridal rejects." I had no idea that this is the reputation they had.
Wedding: 05/24/2014

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Horrible. Tried this a second time for my second daughter's wedding. We had an appointment and waited and waited. The girl brought 4 dresses. None of which my daughter had choosen. Her sister went out to look at the dresses and was told by a woman that the person waiting on us had to bring the dresses. How the heck did this girl know what she liked? So in 2 hours my daughter tried on 4 dresses. Begging to make a appointment to come back. They surely can forget that!
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0
To any future brides- DO NOT use David's Bridal for anything!!! I lost my best friend 18 days ago. She was to be in my upcoming wedding. Her grieving husband called David's to cancel her bridesmaid dress and they gave him an unbelievable amount of s#*t for it, including wanting to call me and verify she was deceased (!!!), the credit card used in the purchase (lost in the pond where she died), and wanting her death certificate! Never even said "sorry for your loss"! He is grieving the loss of the love of his life and they were completely heartless over a $100 dress!!!!! I don't know what standard policy is for returning something in those circumstances but it certainly could NOT have been the way they treated him!!! Please beware of those HORRIBLE people!!!!!!
Wedding: 05/10/2014
1.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
The trying on the dresses process was easy and intuitive--"Favorite" some dresses and they'll pull them so you can try them on quickly. Be aware that clearance dresses are not available in the store. But word to the wise: Go elsewhere for alterations! I needed my dress hemmed and bustled, which are probably the two most common alterations they have to do, and they botched them both. They forgot to put one of the buttons on for the bustle, and the hem was very lopsided. I'm wearing bright blue shoes with the dress, so the color contrast made the lopsidedness extremely noticeable. They took a week to fix it. I went in the next week, and while the bustle was fine, the hem was now lopsided the other way! I sent it back to have it fixed, and it came back the same. So I sent it back again. Still not right, but better. Sent it back, tried it on again, and the seamstress kept arguing with me that it was right while I was looking at it in the mirror and showing her where it was wrong. We finally got the manager involved, and she was a little clearer about why they thought it was right--it measured the same on both side, so I suppose it was right "by the book," but it still looked wrong. Then they blamed it on the scalloped hem, but they are small scallops, not like what was plain to see in the mirror. So, I paid over $230 and was insulted, told I was wrong, and still didn't get the hemline I'd asked for. Displeased and disappointed are understatements. Should have gone elsewhere, and I hope you do! Don't let them talk you int doing it there because "they can't guarantee alterations anywhere else," because they didn't give me the service I paid for anyway.
Wedding: 05/02/2014
2.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Private User 1 Reviews
I must honestly say that I had high expectations for David's Bridal but I found myself highly disappointed. I had planned to order a sample dress online and arrived at the store for fitting. Finally after picking my dress, they insisted that I should buy the dress at the store for $100 more than the offer I had seen online and told me several fake reasons why. They said the dress might have several defects and that is what the style number meant, that whatever dress I ordered could not be returned so I had to be absolutely sure, etc etc. I was aware that this was for commission purposes. I asked for them to place the order online for me, and one of the employees, (assistant manager I suppose) placed the order for the wrong size. I went home a a day later I received a call from her telling me that I had to go online and cancel the order. I tried and it wasnt possible. 2 days went buy and I called her again and she said now I had to wait for the dress to arrive and that I had to ship it back and REBUY the dress. I was so frustrated and told her I couldn't wait any longer, my wedding day was approaching... So she said "ok, bring it to the store, I have one ready for you here." I called her a few days later, when I received my dress and she had a new story. "Oh you got the dress! great, come and I'll teach you how to return it and you'll be able to rebuy after you get your money back." I told her thats not what she had said before and so she got nervous and agreed to the exchange. Once I got to the store to try on the right size, she put the dress in the dressing room and told me to try it on and didn't offer any assistance until about 20 minutes later. I had to put on the dress all by myself. I was finally able to take my dress home but decided that I would never trust David's Bridal ever again. The process alone of getting my dress before alterations was about 2 weeks. 2 weeks wasted. I had a terrible experience.
Wedding: Recently Married
 619-220-8008
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire