Davids Bridal

• Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I made an appointment at David's Bridal in Erie, PA since that was one of my only options and that is where everyone around here goes. I have a certain style that I wanted and I wanted to see if I like any of the dresses that they had in that style. But I also let her know that I wanted to try on 1 or 2 of a couple different styles JUST to make sure I was sure about my style that I wanted. So I assumed we would be there for an hour or so which sounded fun, since this was my first time trying on gowns! The consultant that helped me grabbed FOUR dresses each of a different style and rushed me in and out of the fitting room. When I would come out with a dress on, she would be gone and not listening to my opinion of it. Isn't that what they're there for? To find out what you like and don't like? Then she would come back, rush me out of the dress and into another and leave again. After those 4 dresses (20 minutes) she told me that we now know the "style" I wanted and we can come back another day to try on all the ones in that style, and rushed us out the door. I know my wedding is 20 months away, but that's a really good way to ruin an experience for a bride. She knew she wasn't getting a sale that day so she gave me no attention and just rushed me in and out. I'm never going back there again. I'll go all the way to Pittsburgh to find my perfect dress. Also, they didn't have much of a selection in each style. This place STUNK!

2.0/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

Davids Bridal WPB, FL.. Most stressful and overwhelming experience ever. I went in with a vision and knew exactly what fit I wanted. I told the consultant but for some reason she kept bringing me exactly what I didn't want (strapless). At one point i was in a tiny dressing room with 5 poofy dresses that I hated. She didnt take them out and just kept bringing dresses. The consultant that I was assigned to told me she started 3 weeks ago so she didn't know where to find the dresses I wanted. She did not help me zip up dress, I was with my daughter so my daughter helped me. Not once did she listen to what I wanted. I left with nothing.

• Wedding: 08/01/2015
Jacqueline
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Good supply of reasonably priced dresses.

4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

i had read horrible reviews about davids bridal, but i have to say that my experience was phenomenal! i am someone who doesnt like dresses and being the center of attention. however when i went in for my bridal appointment on saturday february 8th 2014, i was blown away. i had a list of dresses i was interested in, they had four of them in the store, the consultant pulled 3 out and then the stylist they assigned me pulled another 3 out, between the two of them they helped me find the perfect dress. i am very please with it, i got an excellent deal for the dress i got! i want every one who would like a dress to go to the davids bridal in nashua nh and ask for beth and susie!!!! you cant go wrong!

• Wedding: 07/11/2015
  • Flexibility: 0.0

David's Bridal in Whitehall PA....HORRIBLE HORRIBLE place to go. Made an appointment for bridesmaid dresses and the assoc.(Morgan) was just helping the other lady with her dresses, which she was buying a wedding gown. Made it really clear that I really did not matter since I was not getting a wedding gown, like me and my girls were nothing. Even then when I was looking at wedding gowns place was still horrible and did not even get dresses for me. My girls and I went and got them and my sister helped me put them on. Telling everyone I know that is getting married now and in the future never to use this place because how horrible customer service was. Went to Alfred Anglos for my gown and my girls dresses and LOVE everything about them. Assoc. really seemed to care about you and what you wanted. Made you feel special.

0.7/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I don't even know where to begin. The horrible service, or general lack thereof, was appalling. I will NEVER step foot in a David’s Bridal again. Seriously ladies, DONT EVEN BOTHER! You won’t get the dress-buying experience you dreamed of. I didn’t end up buying my dress from DB because of my experiences but still had to resort to getting bridal party dresses here. In total, I visited 3 separate stores and the service was the same at all of them. You walk in the door, where the greeter is totally disorganized & doesn’t seem to realize you have an appointment. Then you spend an hour, just waiting to catch the attention of the person who is supposed to be helping you. The associates are rude, inattentive, and mostly absent. One had her nose stuck up at me the whole time I was there, and they just seem to want your money, and have no interest in giving you good advice or recommendations. No matter how hideous a dress is, they’ll always say it looks perfect, which is total crap! I put on dresses I knew looked ugly, but they still complemented me? I hate when people lie to me, & it’s certainly not something I appreciate when it comes to my wedding. When you’re in the dressing room, it’s hell trying to get their attention – god forbid you want a different dress or a different size - it’s like pulling teeth! They never seem to know anything about the products they’re selling, and it took ridiculous amounts of time to get the answer to “Does this dress come in Navy?” One even tried to sell me on the idea that royal blue is the same color as navy, which it REALLY isn’t. Once I ordered dresses, I got no confirmation or anything so it’s impossible to know if the order even went through. Then they only give you 7 days to pick it up, which is incredibly inconvenient when they are located so far away. Finally, there was a huge lack of communication with the dresses that almost ended up in one dress not being picked up in time. I had far better experiences everywhere else!

• Wedding: 05/23/2015
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I was a bridesmaid for a wedding recently. The girl who helped us even yelled at us because she didn't tell us where to try the dresses on but apparently had assigned dressing rooms without telling us. She yelled all the girls sizes out and treated the bride like she was a chore and inconvenience. Its a very assembly-line feeling when you are there. When I ordered my dress, it fit fine, even with a little extra room. When it arrived, it didn't fit at all. My weight was the same, so I didn't understand why it was so different. I called them and told them the wedding was 2 weeks away and it doesn't fit right as it did in the store. They simply said, "well...you can call the other stores in the country and get it shipped to you in a different size. Good luck." HORRIBLE customer service! I had to order the dress from CO (I live in PA) over-nighted to ensure I had a dress for the wedding. Well the next size was just too big everywhere. I basically just stopped eating and hit the gym double time until the wedding to fit into the original dress.
There is a 14 day return policy. However, NOT for anything but online orders. You need to go online and get a return code as soon as you get the dress (if you order online) so that you can send it back if its bad (and it will be). If you order the dress in store and it comes to you being awful, forget about that money because they will NOT return any money or help you at all. "All sales are final" on all dresses. Probably because they know the poor quality of the dresses and would lose too much money if they allowed returns. I know for my wedding that I will not look for a bridal gown there, especially if they can't even handle bridesmaid dresses.
DO NOT GO TO DAVIDS BRIDAL!!!!!!!!!

• Wedding: 05/16/2015
Trish
2.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 1.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 1.5

I made an appointment at DB in Greenville, SC. My mother and I showed up about 5 minutes early. Our consultant was nowhere to be found, and they had to page her SEVERAL times to even get her to the front to meet us. I was prepared with a list of 6 style numbers that I wanted to try on. She pulled 4 of them and told me that's all I could try on. She left me in the fitting room for so long, I managed to try each dress on with no help at all. My mother and I were about to leave, and she finally approached us to see how things were coming along. We told her we were leaving, that we hadn't really found anything. I guess her shift was over, because she was out the door on our heels.

I made another appointment in Greensboro, NC. Again, it took my consultant about half an hour to begin assisting me. Once she did, she was very friendly and helpful. I ended up ordering my wedding gown that day.

My opinion of DB's customer service had ALMOST changed, until I received a call a couple of weeks later saying my gown was in and needed to be picked up within 3 days. This was the week of Christmas. They refused to hold it a reasonable amount of time for me, even after I was originally told that the gown would take 12 weeks to arrive.

In addition, the account DB created for my bridesmaids is a disaster. Some of my bridesmaids names were entered incorrectly, and other DB locations are failing to update my account as my bridesmaids are ordering their dresses. To top it off, I found out that DB had the WRONG bridesmaids dress on file. Thank God I figured it out before anyone ordered the wrong dress, considering DB doesn't accept returns.

Now, I am receiving emails from DB addressed to my sister. They can't even keep track of who their customers are!

I chose to use DB out of convenience- my bridesmaids are scattered across the country. If I could do it all over again, I would shop anywhere but David'S.

0.5/5.0
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I just wanted to say that I had the absolute worst experience at David's Bridal. Getting married is supposed to be the happiest time of your life and unfortunately David's Bridal has put a lot of negativity into my experience. I purchased my wedding dress, 4 bridesmaids dresses, my wedding shoes & much more from David's Bridal. All of my bridesmaids wanted to purchase their shoes there along with a long list of other things that I wanted to purchase there. Last week I was there shopping for a flower girl dress for my niece I got a Facebook message from someone I know. One of the employees at the Nashua NH David's Bridal store was messaging her telling her how when I shop I can't make a decision alone to save my life & also other numerous private things. I was always under the impression that most brides aren't aware of what they want right away and they ask David's Bridal employees or help. Little did I know everything I was saying and doing was being judged, made fun of, and repeated to people who I know outside of David's Bridal all from a David's bridal employee. I am absolutely disgusted and after reporting it to the manager I never heard anything more. I still have hundreds of dollars of things to buy all of which I was going to purchase at David's Bridal and now I feel like taking my business else where. I would never recommend the Nashua New Hampshire store to anyone.

• Wedding: 04/24/2015
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I went to the D.B. in Beaumont, Texas and it was the worst shopping experience I have ever had. The consultant did not pick any dresses that were even close to the ones I had picked online. She rushed me, and even went so far as to tell us, "after this we will need to speed up a little bit as we are overbooked" (this is when my maid of honor and guests were taking pictures of the ones I was trying on. I didn't start trying on dresses until about 11:15-11:20 and was completely done by 11:48. I am furious with this store. I also reminded her of my budget, 3 different times, and she still never brought me a dress that was in my range. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, WILL NOT BE SPENDING MY MONEY WITH DAVID'S BRIDAL EVERRRRRRR!!!

• Wedding: 04/18/2015
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Without a doubt, the BEST consultant I have ever had the experience of working with: Kathy.

She was generous with her time and humour. She made me and my wedding party feel at home from the moment we were introduced. She was patient and really paid attention to my concerns. Most impressive was her knowledge; she was able to narrow down what worked best for my body type in her first selection of dresses.
She brought out 6 gowns; 3 of my choosing and 3 of her suggestions. All she asked was that I have an open mind. It was my first ever experience shopping for a wedding gown. By the end of it, it was clear that she knew what she was doing.

I came away with 2 excellent choices to pick from - they were both from her suggested choices.

All this to say, the choice of consultant makes a world of difference; both in experience and in the results.

Kathy, you are excellent! I wish every bridal store had one of you. …It would make for happier more satisfied brides :)

• Wedding: 03/06/2015
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I was very pleased with the attention and service I received at Davids Bridal. I found the perfect dress and got many opinions from many of the employees there. The day of the fitting the lady that was doing my alterations, (Adrianna) was so efficient and patient and helpful. I just wanted to hug her. She had to bustle up my train on my gown and held it up forever while I was making up my mind!! Great experience! I felt like it was all about me!

• Wedding: 02/21/2015
1.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I recently bought my wedding dress from Davids bridal. When I went into the store in August I knew exactly what dress I wanted and also had picked out the bridesmaid dress's all on line. So the sales person didn't really have to do much except get the dress's off the rack. I tried on my dress and loved it just like I thought I'd would so than two of my bridesmaids tried on the dress I picked out for them. I decided that all of this would work amazing and purchased my dress. The sales person informed US that we would receive 20 off of the bridesmaid dress's because I purchased my dress there. That sounded great because the dress was originally 189.99 and was on sale for 149.99. Therefore with an additional 20 bucks off that would make the dress's affordable for my bridesmaids! Well when I went back in with all 8 of my bridesmaids this past weekend we were told (this is after we altered the color and I picked out my veil) that because the dress was already discounted to the 149.99 that we could not have anything additional off the dress's. After explaining to the sales person that, that was not what we were told, she eventually got a manager. I explained the to the manager what I was told for pricing on this dress and that two of my bridesmaids were also with me when I was told that the dress was 129.99. The manager was rude and didn't do anything for us. I even told her that I would take my business elsewhere, but she didn't seem to care. Totally fruastrating because I was completely set on this dress and veil, so I went ahead with the purchase, but I can guarantee that I will never recommend David's Bridal to anyone again!

• Wedding: 02/14/2015
0.1/5.0
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.0

David’s Bridal in Metairie, LA. When I arrived at the store I told the receptionist I had an appointment and she had me fill out a form with my information on it(which I had already filled out to make the appointment) She suggested that I get a mermaid style dress because I it would hide my stomach from having kids. NEWS FLASH! I don’t have kids. I may not be a stick figure model but I am by no means overweight and even if I was, why would any sales person tell you this?! She gave us a booklet of dresses and told us to go look. She didn’t bother to explain how the dresses were arranged. At this point I was very confused. What was the point of making an appointment if they don’t help you find dresses? After about 20min. of walking around trying to find a dress, a salesperson finally said she was the person assigned to help me. I told her what kind of dress I wanted (one with not a lot of frills) and she told me they don’t carry many like that. I gave her my list of dresses anyway and she said she would pull a few. Another 20min. goes by and she is nowhere to be found. My mom and I just started pulling dresses on our own. The saleswoman reappeared, gave us a dressing room and said she would be back to help me try them on. She didn't show back up. My mom helped me try them on and pick different ones. We tried getting other sales people to help us and they basically ignored us. We were so fed up that we decided to leave. We needed to find our sales woman first because she had my papers with the dresses I liked with her. When we found her she tried to say that we were not her appointment and pawn us off on another sales woman. The new sales lady asked for the appointment sheet but it had suddenly disappeared. (After talking with the manager we found out that the original sales woman lied. She was in charge of our appointment) I think that anyone going to the Metairie David’s Bridal should be aware that the sales people are very sketchy, rude and not helpful at all.

• Wedding: Recently Married
2.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

My wife found the perfect dress online at David's Bridal in Pembroke Pines; however, her mom wanted to purchase in store. They were met with high-pressure sales tactics and ended up purchasing a different dress than the one she wanted, which was also more expensive. Overall, she was happy with the purchase until the extra fees for tailoring and the bustle appeared. The worst part of the experience was the service, the tailor was very unprofessional and rude. When you called the store, it took forever to get a hold of a person.

While ultimately, she looked beautiful and was happy with the dress. I do not plan to recommend them to our friends and I have no plans to take our business there again.

• Wedding: 02/07/2015
  • Flexibility: 0.0

Thank God I did not buy my wedding dress from David's bridal. I had the worst experience with the Middletown NY store. I walked in there without an appointment big mistake. The receptionist was so rude. I already selected the bridesmaid dress in another store and one of my girls already purchased it. My second Bridesmaid could not come so we had to go to the middletown store. Well it was a fiasco to say the least. We had to wait a bit for a sales person. When we got one, they kept asking who was the bride. I kept telling them it was me and that we are here to pick up the bridesmaid dress I already selected three weeks ago. Mind you the other store said I can go anywhere to pick up the dress without a problem. The middletown store was filthy and the sales person although nice gave up on us after she told us that the dress was discontinued and they would not be able to order a size 12. I asked what would happened now. She got the manager and the manager kept telling me it was a special occasion dress and she would have to hunt for it in other stores. It took them an hour and 1/2 to locate the dress. They finally found one but it had a busted zipper. the manager said she would fix it at no charge. Thank god What irritated me was the lack of concern if they could not find the dress. All they cared about was the if we could not find it we would have to buy a different dress or by the next size up and have it altered. Alterations cost money which i did not want to sock on my bridesmaid. The lack of communication that the dress was discontinued after 3 weeks of my first bridesmaid was so irritating because i should have been told about that. I am deeply disappointed in this store and will never shop at David's bridal again.

• Wedding: 12/27/2014
619-220-8008
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
2.0