Davids Bridal

4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5

MrsHicks 1 Reviews
Very patient, i enjoyed my visit and i really enjoyed trying on dresses
Wedding: Recently Married

Anonymous 1 Reviews
We loved our experience with David's Bridal. We walked in without an appointment, it is recommended that you have an appointment. They worked us in. They gave us a catalog and told us to earmark the dresses that we liked. We marked about 30 dresses that we wanted to see. The consultant pulled every single one. She grouped them by style (short, long mermaid, etc.). All were tried on and the favorites were chosen and retried. A winner was chosen and we literally rang a bell and everyone cheered.

The consultant was extremely attentive and patient. They brought out a seamstress to explain the necessary alterations and bustle. The dress, Tierra, and veil were ordered and actually came in within 3 weeks. They called and emailed when they came in for pickup. The staff was wonderful and the selection was great. They were willing to order anything that was not in the store.

Great experience. I would recommend them to anyone.
Wedding: Recently Married
0.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Dress Appointment:
When I went in to try on dresses, I was rushed through my entire appointment, and my consultant seemed to busy with her own life to give me attention during my appointment. Also, several of the dresses I tried on were filthy. I ended up purchasing a too-small floor sample, because I was not given the option to order the dress (even though it was available for order in the size I needed on the website).
Alterations Appointment 1:
At my alterations appointment, the seamstress was distracted with family issues, and she charged obscene prices for the alterations. They ended up being almost the price of the dress, and only a few things (hemming, bustle, letting it out, and taking the strap in). I was very unimpressed, but I let it slide.
Alterations Appointment 2:
When I went in to pick up the dress, it didn't fit. I hadn't gained any weight, and it zipped just fine when I bought it. The seamstress looked at it and says "we have nothing left to let out", and then proceeded to rip open the seam and show me, that there was literally nothing left to let out. It appeared that they had taken the dress in by mistake and then trimmed off all the extra fabric.
On top of this, my dress was filthy. There were huge white marks all over the dress, and when this was pointed out the manager, she was furious. They spot cleaned the dress and tried to get me to take it home, which I refused. They said they would deep clean it and we could get it on Monday. When we went back to get the dress, it was stained with grease stains everywhere. Even the alterations manager said it was ruined.
DB Charleston said that they would find another dress and make it right, but they never did. I ended up working with the Davids Bridal in Florence, and they were a dream to work with. I would not recommend the Charleston David's Bridal to my worst enemy. They were horrible to work with and if I could, I would give them a negative rating.
Wedding: 05/25/2013
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Private User 5 Reviews
I had great service at the Charleston location. However, my bridesmaids and my mother-in-law had less than ideal experiences at their David's Bridals across the country. There is little to no room for exchanges of bridesmaids dresses ordered. Measurements and sample dresses that were tried on were not representative of the actual sizes that came to the store after being ordered.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Great customer service and quility!! Alterations were perfect! Erin, the wedding consultant that helped us was great and would call often to make sure that everything was going ok!! Would recommend David's Bridal for anyone looking for a dress!!
Wedding: 10/20/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I went to a few other bridal stores to look for my wedding dress but the day I walked in Davids Bridal my search for dresses came to an end! I found "the" perfect dress and I felt like a princess looking at myself in the mirror. It was the third dress I tried on but I knew it was for sure the one for me. I ordered it in white and had to wait a little over a month to have it delivered. My experience at Davids Bridal was a success and I couldnt be happier with my purchase. I recommend this store to all brides to be!
Wedding: 10/13/2012

Future... 6 Reviews
I Loved my dress, even more that I haven't seen any other brides with it. My consultant(Shalonda) was very helpful during my search. Alterations went smooth, as my dress was a perfect fit and I just needed to add a bustle.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I fell in love with my dress after trying on several!! The ladies especially Ms. Agnes were exceptional in helping me and the ladies that helped fit me in alterations were the very best!! Loved all of their help and support!!
Wedding: 09/22/2012
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Nicole 6 Reviews
I had a very small budget for my wedding dress (ideally, less than $500), so I knew that David's Bridal was somewhere I wanted to look. When we arrived, it was fairly busy (to be expected on a Saturday afternoon), but we were soon paired with Claire. She was so knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. We let her know what my budget was, and she was good about not pulling any dresses for me to try on that were out of my price range. Each time I tried on a gown, she asked me what I liked or didn't like about it to help her select additional gowns for me to try on. When she selected different accessories for me to try on with the dresses, she was not pushy about them. I ended up finding my perfect dress that day (WELL under budget), and I have to say that Claire made the experience much, much more enjoyable than I anticipated!

My bridesmaids also purchased their dresses from David's Bridal. I really liked that I could select a color and then be able to find styles in the color that would flatter each girl and make her feel comfortable.

A word of advice to other brides, however, is that the costs will add up! When I made an appointment to have my alterations done through David's Bridal, the cost was MUCH, MUCH more than what I anticipated (almost what I paid for my dress!). So, when you are selecting a gown, I would keep that in mind as you figure what you want to pay for your dress.
Wedding: 06/16/2012
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I ordered an Oleg Cassini dress from DB in N. Charleston. It took awhile to go to DB because of past experiences, but this one was great. The bridesmaid dresses also came from here because it is most convenient.
Wedding: 06/16/2012

Private User 5 Reviews
I was completely and totally blown away at the service I received here. I wasn't expexting much since it was a "Chain" type of store but I was completely wrong. The lady that waited on me listened to what I wanted and I found my dress after I tried on only 3 dresses. It was perfect for our BEACH wedding not too heavy but not blowing all over the place. And the price was outstanding........I spent right around $1,000 for my dress, veil, jewlery, and corset! Great deal! Everyone was very helpful and extremely nice in the store! My MOH went back to get her dress and said they were very helpful and nice to her as well. I would recommend going there before anywhere else!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
2.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  2.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  2.5
I went in for my first fitting which I was excited for and had an amazing Wedding Consultant helping me. I didn't really find what I was looking for that day but she was great in helping me. When I went back for the next 3 appointments I was disappointed that the original girl I was working with had left and I wasn't told but then they just passed my account around to person after person. It was very impersonal and I was left waiting for 30-45 minutes a time AFTER my appointment was scheduled to begin because they had over-booked themselves. I wasn't too thrilled with this store and won't be recommending it anytime soon.
Wedding: 09/10/2011
3.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5

Marie 5 Reviews
I purchased my dress online during a sale and took it to the store for alterations. The alterations cost more than the dress and they didn't quite get the bust area correct. I was pulling my dress up through the whole reception. It was a beautiful dress and I don't regret the purchase.
Wedding: 10/23/2010
1.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0
I loved my dress, and it was very affordable, but unfortunately it needed some very slight alterations (no hem, just taking in at the bust and waste). The alterations department at this store is terrible. They are very unflexible, always overbooked, and repeatedly tell you "you look fine," even when your dress is literally falling off your shoulders. I was very disappointed.
Wedding: 10/23/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I loved every second/minute/hour of my dress! I caught it on sale and it was the only one in the store and it was in my size! Talk about at the right place at the right time! so happy that I chose this dress!
Wedding: 10/03/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My bridal consultant Sareh was so helpful and helped me find the perfect dresses for my wedding. I was very pleased with the selection, quality, and prices at David's Bridal.
Wedding: 09/05/2010
 843-797-3630
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire